Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 1, 2014 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn what a match. Takamura, you tough bastard. He bled from his eye again this episode. I was really worried for a minute there. Great fight though.

Everyone chanting Takamura's name loud and proud. Now this match was worth the time watching. Excellent stuff. That ending is hilarious though LOL
Mar 1, 2014 11:52 AM

Aug 2010
Beautiful episode :D

The fight was amazing. Loved how Takamura held the doctor telling him to let them continue and the fist pumps from both sides to continue were awesome.

Loved how Takamura was fighting technically blind. Only seeing the feet. The way he gave that punch while falling causing a double fall was AWESOME!!

The conclusion was even better!! Dat friggin AWESOME COUNTER!!! Just gotta love the sound effects like a jet! And how he kept punching and punching and punching without seeing a damn thing.

Props to Eagle. What a great guy.

Lol'd so much at the ending with Aoki's hair XDXDXD Poor guy hahaha.
Mar 1, 2014 11:56 AM
Aug 2008
http://i.imgur.com/EUjZTtJ.jpg

YOSHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Mar 1, 2014 12:05 PM

Feb 2013
cant wait to see genji fighting on the next episodes
Mar 1, 2014 12:07 PM
Mar 1, 2014 12:16 PM
Mar 2013
Another awesome episode. Takamura was awesome but I got to hand it Eagle, he shows the best sportsmanship I've ever seen in the Ippo universe.

So now the Hawk has to World champion belts, can't wait to see his third one, but that's not going to be for a loooong time. In the meantime I'm happy to see the scene shift back to Ippo.
Mar 1, 2014 12:31 PM

Jun 2010
i was cheering for the match too when the doctor tried to stop it xD
awesome ep again., "I'm satisfied, Immensely satisfied!" :DD
5/5
Mar 1, 2014 12:36 PM

Apr 2013
Didn't care for this one in the manga. Fight was okay. But animated, wow it really came out to be a lot more epic than I thought it would be. 5/5
Mar 1, 2014 1:08 PM

Nov 2013
Aoki's hair at the end was the cherry on the beautiful cake that was this episode.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Mar 1, 2014 2:43 PM
May 2007
In the manga, Kimura got the lightning bolt on the side of his head, but Aoki is now Broccoman. He is even unlockable in the Boxers Road mode of the games as well which is funny (along with Fat Aoki and Skinny Aoki before his Imae fight)

Like Cream Soda, I didn't think the fight in the manga was that impressive, but this is one of the very few things the anime does much better than the manga so far despite the anime cutting out so much this season. I really liked Eagle's voice actor and just thought the fight was more fun. Now it's time to see young Kamogawa, Nekota, and Dankichi
Mar 1, 2014 3:16 PM

Nov 2013
takamura is god
Mar 1, 2014 6:02 PM

Apr 2012
BANZAI! Lord of the Perverts!

ParaParaJMo said:
Now it's time to see young Kamogawa, Nekota, and Dankichi

I'm so excited!
Mar 1, 2014 6:26 PM

May 2008
glad he wonnnn woooooooo wonder wat will happen next
Mar 1, 2014 8:58 PM

Dec 2008
Now this is why I love anime, so many emotions in this episode. What a match, Takamura! Takamura, Takamura!
Mar 1, 2014 9:06 PM

Mar 2012
So much feels when Takamura gave the belts to Kamogawa. Then it all got ruined with the haircuts, lol.
Mar 1, 2014 9:07 PM

Jan 2009
damn Takamura did a great counter with his eyes closed lol
Mar 1, 2014 9:49 PM

Aug 2011
my best sunday show.
damn, i want to see that brocoman scene too lol
cant wait to see kamogawa, nekota, and dankichi past next!

**☾**
Mar 1, 2014 10:56 PM

May 2013
I was expecting for Takamura to lose when the doctor asses his wounds
and when Takamura lost 2 eyes but he still won

Now Kamugawa has 3 belts
Mar 1, 2014 11:28 PM
Nov 2013
I guess im the only one who wanted david eagle to win. He was much more of a likeable character to me since he was just pure class every second he was on screen.
Mar 2, 2014 12:15 AM

May 2012
hwoarang43895 said:
I guess im the only one who wanted david eagle to win. He was much more of a likeable character to me since he was just pure class every second he was on screen.

It was kind of a fodder fight though
Mar 2, 2014 1:53 AM

Apr 2010
Now that's a counter. What a finish. Was more exciting in the anime than the manga IMO.
Mar 2, 2014 2:14 AM
Jan 2014
what an amazing episode, it makes me motivated. Gotta love the coach as well, hes like the ultimate father figure.
Mar 2, 2014 2:52 AM

Mar 2010
eagle dragged it so much but it was sick tho nice finish :]
Mar 2, 2014 3:21 AM

Feb 2010
Promote the music director.
Seriously it was too awesome
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Mar 2, 2014 4:02 AM
Nov 2012
Ahh, Takamura, there's no boxer you can't beat.
Kamogawa/Nekota past next...?
Mar 2, 2014 6:22 AM

Feb 2011
Manly tears.
Mar 2, 2014 9:08 AM
Jan 2013
TAKAMURA, TAKAMURA,TAKAMURA,TAKAMURA!
Mar 2, 2014 9:50 AM
Dec 2010
This has to have been one of the greatest endings to an anime fight i've watched, period! Takamura really is king of the ring, no question about it!!!!
Had me on the edge of my seat throughout, 10/10!
Mar 3, 2014 2:48 AM
Jul 2018
hwoarang43895 said:

I also wanted Eagle to win. :O

That was a bloody fight anyway.
Mar 3, 2014 3:04 AM

Jun 2013
hwoarang43895 said:

You think that is something? They didn't capture even half of his personality from manga. I love Takamura, but Eagle really deserved that win. Only reason Takamura won is because he is deuteragonist.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Mar 3, 2014 3:54 AM

Apr 2012
Dimitrije1606 said:

You think that is something? They didn't capture even half of his personality from manga. I love Takamura, but Eagle really deserved that win. Only reason Takamura won is because he is deuteragonist.

No. He won because he is stronger end of story. It doesn't matter whose personality is better.

Plus the fight should have ended when the doctor shook his head in the first place.
RedgraveGilverMar 3, 2014 3:58 AM
Mar 3, 2014 9:38 AM
Jul 2018
Wojtini21 said:
http://i.imgur.com/EUjZTtJ.jpg

YOSHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

That sums it up quite nicely.
Mar 3, 2014 1:41 PM

Jul 2010
Fucking awesome. I too was expecting Takamura to lose at first but I guess I was wrong then.
Mar 3, 2014 5:19 PM

Aug 2013
Wasn't really that satisfied with the match. It was great, but it wasn't like Takamura's fight with Hawk. Then again, I guess you could say Takamura's gained a lot more experience after being the World Champion once.

If the anime does end with The Coach's past, then it'll feel more like an ending. No better way to finish a season than with an amazing fight. Reading it in the manga was intense enough.
Mar 3, 2014 6:46 PM

Nov 2010
Nice, Takamura WON. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Mar 5, 2014 2:14 PM

Apr 2007
Aota said:
Takamura came across as a bit of an asshole during the last two episodes so I'm glad he was awesome in this one. I can understand why some people were rooting for Eagle instead purely because of that.

Takamura wasnt an asshole he boxed like any boxer would've done, and honestly I think people wanted Eagle to win because he was an amazing fighter, brave soul and he gave us one hell of a match, regardless of the "Sportmanship"
Mar 5, 2014 7:48 PM

Apr 2007
Eagle was boring and the fight was boring. If memory serves me right, this was Takamura's -only- boring match.

The part right afterwards though, that was awesome. Aoki holding him up, Takamura's victory pose, everyone cheering, and Takamura's smile and thumbs up towards Ippo. Not to mention giving the belts to Kamogawa. I swear I say "Takamura's so cooool~~" after each of his fights.

Now I can't wait for Kamogawa and Nekota's backstory, it's one of my favorite parts in the series. Shame I have to wait almost two weeks to even start it....
Mar 8, 2014 7:12 PM

Jul 2012
Ippo's fights always make me feel something on my stomach, like OMG c'mon get back on the gamee!! but Takamura's... the make me feel that sometihng on my chest, simply... that's Hajime No Ippo, pure manly epicness. That was a brutal fight, and the philosophy of "a pro will always attack the weakness" yeah that's kinda the deal, they're fucking boxers, not charity lol
Mar 8, 2014 10:29 PM
Jul 2013
RedgraveGilver said:
Dimitrije1606 said:

No. He won because he is stronger end of story. It doesn't matter whose personality is better.

Plus the fight should have ended when the doctor shook his head in the first place.

Nope, Eagle would have easily won in that situation. The author just don't want to upset the fans that Takamura would lose. No way in hell that anyone would one whose blind. Even the most strongest boxer in the real world wouldn't won, especially with how Takamura was becoming weak. Takamura would have been knocked out with all those punches and yet it only took a couple of punches for Eagle to get knockout. That's what I call bullshit.
Mar 8, 2014 11:16 PM

Apr 2012
pipeds said:
RedgraveGilver said:
Dimitrije1606 said:

Nope, Eagle would have easily won in that situation. The author just don't want to upset the fans that Takamura would lose. No way in hell that anyone would one whose blind. Even the most strongest boxer in the real world wouldn't won, especially with how Takamura was becoming weak. Takamura would have been knocked out with all those punches and yet it only took a couple of punches for Eagle to get knockout. That's what I call bullshit.

It was already established and was quite obvious that Takamura is a way stronger striker than Eagle. That is why there is a mental toll on eagle during the first few rounds and that is why he is able to knock him out faster. Eagle was not that of a strong striker to begin with.

If you really want to know the real bullshit, is the fact the fight still continues despite of them being severely cut and the doctor have already shook his head therefore it should have ended there. No questions ask. The doctor's career is on the line(so as both eagle and takamura based on his medical evaluation) and so as his reputation, and he doesn't have the luxury to continue the fight just because the two fighters are all gung-ho on the ring.
RedgraveGilverMar 8, 2014 11:19 PM
Mar 9, 2014 8:05 AM
Jul 2013
RedgraveGilver said:

It was already established and was quite obvious that Takamura is a way stronger striker than Eagle. That is why there is a mental toll on eagle during the first few rounds and that is why he is able to knock him out faster. Eagle was not that of a strong striker to begin with.

If you really want to know the real bullshit, is the fact the fight still continues despite of them being severely cut and the doctor have already shook his head therefore it should have ended there. No questions ask. The doctor's career is on the line(so as both eagle and takamura based on his medical evaluation) and so as his reputation, and he doesn't have the luxury to continue the fight just because the two fighters are all gung-ho on the ring.

Yup. He was stronger but weakened at the end of the battle and add it with that he can't see much. And also, Eagle didn't become a champion because he is not a strong striker as well. His punch might not be as powerful as takamura but it's paid off by his technique and skills.

And nope, the doctor's call is not much of a bullshit than takamura winning. You understand that. And i understand that you want to protect Takamura but let's face it, he would actually lose if the author didn't go for that "Oh Awesome!" or "It's a Miracle" route kind of story.
Mar 9, 2014 5:27 PM

Apr 2012
pipeds said:
RedgraveGilver said:

Yup. He was stronger but weakened at the end of the battle and add it with that he can't see much. And also, Eagle didn't become a champion because he is not a strong striker as well. His punch might not be as powerful as takamura but it's paid off by his technique and skills.

And nope, the doctor's call is not much of a bullshit than takamura winning. You understand that. And i understand that you want to protect Takamura but let's face it, he would actually lose if the author didn't go for that "Oh Awesome!" or "It's a Miracle" route kind of story.

You are forgetting the fact that both him and eagle are already almost blind in the end because of the cut and yes i know the fact that Eagle became a champion through sheer technical skills. Otherwise, people like Marco Antonio Barrera, Roy Jones Jr, Muhammad Ali, Sugar ray Leonard, Roberto Duran(the list goes on and on) won't be even all time greats if boxing is all about strength.

Yeah....no. Again, both of them are cut. I would have agree with you if Eagle is on top condition while Takamura is beaten like a pulp but no because they are on the same condition. There has never happened a fight where a doctor let a match continue just because the crowd wanted it nor the fighters wanted it. Once he/she shook his head, it's over. The fight shouldn't even continue. Both of them are damaged and both one of their eyes are cut and it happens that Takamura is the superior and stronger puncher, and eagle is not.
Mar 9, 2014 11:22 PM
Jul 2013
RedgraveGilver said:

You are forgetting the fact that both him and eagle are already almost blind in the end because of the cut and yes i know the fact that Eagle became a champion through sheer technical skills. Otherwise, people like Marco Antonio Barrera, Roy Jones Jr, Muhammad Ali, Sugar ray Leonard, Roberto Duran(the list goes on and on) won't be even all time greats if boxing is all about strength.

Yeah....no. Again, both of them are cut. I would have agree with you if Eagle is on top condition while Takamura is beaten like a pulp but no because they are on the same condition. There has never happened a fight where a doctor let a match continue just because the crowd wanted it nor the fighters wanted it. Once he/she shook his head, it's over. The fight shouldn't even continue. Both of them are damaged and both one of their eyes are cut and it happens that Takamura is the superior and stronger puncher, and eagle is not.

huh? Takamura is almost blind at the end of the match while Eagle can clearly see everything because his cut was remedied properly. And Also, this is an anime as well as fiction, you can do anything here, just like Takamura having a "miracle" win.

In any case, I will never be convinced that Takamura deserve that win. I was expecting him to lose and face reality just any other boxers out there but I forgot that this was fiction to begin with... never...NEVER compare it to reality.
Mar 10, 2014 4:59 AM

Apr 2012
pipeds said:

I was expecting him to lose and face reality just any other boxers out there

Undefeated boxers do exist. Rocky Marciano, Ricardo Lopez and even the chicken Floyd Mayweather just to name a few. The problem here is how Morikawa pulled some obvious shenanigans in this fight.
Mar 11, 2014 11:21 PM

Jul 2008
There are no adequate words for this one. That was a great fight and a great end.
Mar 14, 2014 8:24 PM

Apr 2009
That was one good fight! Even if Eagle won, I feel like it would still be quite alright, but Takamura has got to win because we've already invested too much in him, emotionally that is. XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 25, 2014 6:11 AM

Jun 2009
おれは鷹村さま! Great way to end the fight, Takamura the super champ.
Apr 2, 2014 8:49 PM

Mar 2012
Awesome fight, though Takamura vs Hawk felt more intense. Wonder what's gonna happen in the last 4 episodes :o
May 9, 2014 3:46 AM
Oct 2011
hwoarang43895 said:

I think that's kind of the point. Eagle is very honorable and a much more fair competitor, but that's why Takamura won. The point is that Takamura will stop at nothing to win, which makes him a better champion than Eagle. Eagle let his morals blind him. That's not to say Takamura is a bad guy, but he's only in it for himself and his gym. If you look at it like D&D alignments, Eagle would be Lawful Good, Takamura would be chaotic neutral, and Hawk would be chaoitic evil.
Aug 16, 2014 3:58 PM

May 2012
Epic victory! And with two belts on his hands now I really wonder what he'll do next!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Daipyon - Oct 12, 2013

80 by Meritas »»
May 11, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ValeBreck - Oct 5, 2013

158 by Meritas »»
May 11, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2014

164 by KingAFONY »»
Apr 29, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

weiss - Oct 19, 2013

75 by Ukkaz »»
Apr 19, 10:24 PM

» Season 4 ? ( 1 2 )

marian11 - Mar 29, 2014

85 by ParaParaJMo »»
Mar 13, 2:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.