3It was OK
7.3%
2Disliked it
1.1%
1Hated it
1.0%
Average 4.5
716 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 10, 2014 9:06 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was quite an episode. Really found the dream sequences with Kana to be interesting even if it was brutal, strange, and fake.

The fight was pretty violent as well. I found the way Madhouse to adapt the action to be pretty bloody. Eh cute date I guess. It was about time Murano and Shinich caught up again. Lol, the guy from the episode reminds me of Razor from Hunter x Hunter:

Poor Kana ;_;
Stark700Dec 10, 2014 10:38 AM
Dec 10, 2014 9:13 AM
Dec 2013
Shinichi referred to himself as Kitaro, and Migi was his dad. The show takes a break next week.
Dec 10, 2014 10:55 AM

Mar 2014
im loving how the parasytes are branching out to more than just mindless killing. this show gets better and better
Dec 10, 2014 11:05 AM
Sep 2013
Finally their relationship is going good but still Murano still doesn't see Shinichi as the same person she knew. Kana having that dream then seeing them kiss ouch. People should stop the hair pulling thing its only going to get you killed like in the beginning of this episode.
Dec 10, 2014 11:05 AM

Apr 2013
This show is getting epic. Kano/Earmuffs-cunt's dream in the beginning was like a reenactment of the greatest acid trip ever. It also brought back pleasant memories of the "Take Me to Pleasure Town" sex scene from Anchorman.

I love Kano sooooooo much more than Murano but Shinichi refuses to acknowledge it. And even after saving her life, dating her and kissing her, Murano still has the nerve to bitch about Shinichi? Toss that hoe to the side and come over to the light.

On the non-bitches side, I'm liking the new direction the show is heading in. That yakuza fight/massacre was a thrill to watch and it seems that parasyte can morph other parts of his body as well. Escalation is always better and what better place to start the corruption than with the government.
dankzelDec 10, 2014 4:34 PM
Dec 10, 2014 11:08 AM

Sep 2012
Yakuza couldn't do shit to the parasyte.
Oh god who are you people?
Dec 10, 2014 11:11 AM

Apr 2011
Very intense episode. Those Yazuka members getting dismantled by that Parasyte like it was nothing. And now they are trying to take over the city now. I wonder what exactly their plans are as far as that goes. This show is so awesome 5/5 for this week.
Dec 10, 2014 11:11 AM

Sep 2011
Kana dun goofd
Dec 10, 2014 11:15 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
How come the hair-pulling method doesn't work on Shinichi? Perhaps, it's because Migi doesn't have full control over his head?
Kana is pretty sharp to keep that hair in her handkerchief, just in case. I have a feeling it'll start moving soon.

Dat Yakuza massacre scene though.. Quite brutal! It seems like a group of parasytes are experimenting their abilities by possessing different types of humans.

I wished the mom would've slapped that kid. You can't just copy kid Kousei and say "I hope you die" over something so trivial. At least, he had a major reason.
Poor Shinichi.. I wonder if that mom had parasyte inside her too. O.o

Oh yes! Finally, they kissed! But Murano still isn't convinced that the current Shinichi is the same from before. I totally get her reason for wishing that only if she'd gooten closer to him much sooner, so she won't have any doubt.
Ah, I feel bad for Kana.. She's still not giving up fully though. (^^;)

Suddenly, a lot of parasytes have appeared at once. One of them is even running for the mayor position! Not a good sign at all.

Good episode. What might Kana ask of Shinichi as a favor? A kiss perhaps? XD

Dec 10, 2014 11:18 AM

Aug 2010
Well that beginning of the ep just went ahead and showed how stupid the hair idea is esp if u doing it in private without any witnesses <_<

Quite the dream Kana had there XD Dat Buff Izumi while they're both naked and about to kiss lol XD

Dat massacre scene O_O 22 by himself. He didn't seem like ur usual previous parasites. Tough skin and amazing athletic abilities as well as a head deep wound healing? Does he have more than one parasyte in himself? And there's a Boss for Parasytes now? I wonder if he's the one who was talking to "Ex-Ryouko" last ep?

So Murano actually saw how a parasyte looks like and she got over it :O Well GG Kana after seeing them kiss. She's still meeting with him at the end though so maybe not yet? XD That escalated a bit quickly though. Didn't expect Murano would let him kiss her, esp since she still can't stop doubting Izumi's identity.

Migi is making me feel like it's jelly from Kana lol I know that's not the reason but I can't help it XD

Quite the end there. A Parasite running for Mayor and has 7 others guarding him :O
Dec 10, 2014 11:24 AM

Sep 2014
Man that dream was trippy. Shinichi arriving on a white horse lmao.

The yakuza got pwnd.
Dec 10, 2014 11:28 AM
Jan 2014
I'm already liking this arc more than the previous one. I was expecting the whole head strand picking to increase the murder rate to some extent. Looks like it has already begun. Being drunk at the park during nighttime was a very unlucky circumstance.

Looks like Kana really wants to be a part of a love triangle. She sure has weird dreams though. It's not very safe to be that misinformed.

I liked the extra screentime that Murano received, but I really couldn't sympathize with her at all. Maybe because she is kind of getting repetitive with the change she's observing in Shinichi. She's also getting in the absolute worst encounters with Shinichi all the time. Can't say I hate her, but I'm looking forward to seeing more engaging things from her soon.

The usual derpy faces here and there, combined with the ever so ugly CGI crosswalks. I hope I'm not getting too overly nitpicky, but judging by the animation quality, maybe MH should have taken the split-cour route? The budget could be a bigger issue than time alone though. But who am I to decide that anyway?
ResidentDec 10, 2014 11:35 AM
Dec 10, 2014 11:28 AM

Oct 2014
So what if,
The leaders of the Green Parties around the World are actually Parasytes?
*insert Dino here*

And lol at Stalker Kana xD

-Resident- said:

I liked the extra screentime that Murano received, but I really couldn't sympathize with her at all. Maybe because she is kind of getting repetitive with the change she's observing in Shinichi. She's also always getting in the worst encounters with Shinichi ever. Can't say I hate her, but I'm looking forward to seeing more interesting things from her soon.

one of the Problems (or right now the only problem) i have with this anime is Murano,
because it seems she will be like Ran from detective conan, i.e. her only job in the story is being the mc's connection to his old world.
ShrimperorDec 10, 2014 11:31 AM
Dec 10, 2014 11:31 AM

Apr 2014
That was a great ep. Quite a violent one too.

Yakuza was destroyed.
The date part was nice and the part with the kid and the mom was really nice too. It got Shinichi to remember his mom.
Murano and Shinichi kissing and Kana running into them.
A parasite trying to become a mayor, I wonder how will Shinichi deal with that.

For me Kiseijuu is getting better and better each ep.

Dec 10, 2014 11:32 AM

Feb 2014
Oh nice now the parasytes have an organization and are running for mayor, just what I hoped for.
Dec 10, 2014 11:35 AM

Aug 2013
Lol, it reminds me Fringe a little :D
Parasytes like Observers :D
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 10, 2014 11:36 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This episode wasn't too great IMO, imma give it a second watch, maybe i change my opinion.
Dec 10, 2014 11:36 AM

Jun 2014
10/10
Dec 10, 2014 11:37 AM
Jan 2014
Shrimperor said:

-Resident- said:

one of the Problems (or right now the only problem) i have with this anime is Murano,
because it seems she will be like Ran from detective conan, i.e. her only job in the story is being the mc's connection to his old world.

Interesting approach, I could see that happening. Especially since I haven't touched the source material at all. Though it would be quite unfortunate if that were to happen.
Dec 10, 2014 11:38 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I always preferred Kana in the manga and in the anime it's no different. She'd be a better partner for Shinichi in many ways, but then again if Migi doesn't like her, there's little to do.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 10, 2014 11:39 AM

Aug 2014
Kana is thirsty as fuck lol
Dec 10, 2014 11:44 AM

Feb 2014
Some strong development for the parasites but overall this was a pretty dull episode
Dec 10, 2014 11:44 AM

Jul 2014
LOL @ Kana's dream. Quite gory for a knight in shining armor dream. Shinichi should really keep his distance from Murano, because she's going to get killed if they are together that much. I think Kana will still like him even if she finds out about Migi. Also like I said in the last ep, you're going to get killed if you pull about a parasite's hair. Oh, and how did Kana know the hair pulling was connected to the parasite at all. It seemed like she pulled it out to see if Shinichi was one, but how would she know that at all?
Dec 10, 2014 11:48 AM

Oct 2014
-Resident- said:
Shrimperor said:

Interesting approach, I could see that happening. Especially since I haven't touched the source material at all. Though it would be quite unfortunate if that were to happen.

i didn't read the source material either, but the moment i saw Murano after Shinichi's mom died, i knew she will have the ''Ran''-role.
Which will be wasting a Character's Potential imo, if it stayed like this.
Dec 10, 2014 11:54 AM

Feb 2014
Murano is seriously a boring character with very little personality, Kana is way more interesting
Dec 10, 2014 11:58 AM

Aug 2014
Dec 10, 2014 12:00 PM

Feb 2009
Parasyte has had better episodes. But this one did have a lot of interesting foreshadowing going on, so I'm really looking forward to the upcoming episodes.
Dec 10, 2014 12:08 PM

Feb 2014
Is that a 6 in 1 parasyte? The one crushing the Yakuza and running for mayor. After all he was unaffected by wounds in his legs, arm and head implying at least those areas has their own parasyte.

Shaniyaz said:
How come the hair-pulling method doesn't work on Shinichi? Perhaps, it's because Migi doesn't have full control over his head?

It was already explained. If I recall correctly it goes something like this. A parasyte can survive in smaller pieces, but if the pieces get too small they'll wither away. However Migi isn't a part of Shinichis head, thus the hairs are Shinichis and act as normal hairs would do.
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Dec 10, 2014 12:11 PM

Aug 2014
Even though the worst possible episode i could imagine is one in which Murano's getting alot more screentime and lines, it still wasn't that bad. Just speaks loads of this anime's awesomeness.

The Yakuza fight was very epic, and this guy seriously creeped me out, mostly because of his smile. Parasites are getting bold, running for mayors, picking fights with Yakuza just for the sake of experimenting... all of them deserve to die.

Murano's still annoying as all hell, yet another episode tainted with her favourite line. I hope by some miracle Shinichi ends up with Kana, at least she likes Shinichi unconditionally, and her dreams are as cute as they are weird.

4/5

eXtacy67 said:
Murano is seriously a boring character with very little personality, Kana is way more interesting

I wouldn't say she's boring, but she's simply annoying and hates change. Definitely not a suitable character for Shinichi.
MaledictDec 10, 2014 12:22 PM
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Dec 10, 2014 12:13 PM

Feb 2014
Stark700 said:
Lol, the guy from the episode reminds me of Razor from Hunter x Hunter:

Exactly what I was thinking.

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Dec 10, 2014 12:13 PM
Mar 2013
It had been a story among Shin'ich, Migi and other parasites before. But now, it is going to a new phase. The government found something about them to some extent and started to research and make some plans to deal with them on the last episode. Meanwhile, the parasites are to be organized themselves, too.
htsujiDec 10, 2014 12:17 PM
Dec 10, 2014 12:19 PM

Oct 2013
SaveTheAralSea said:
Man that dream was trippy. Shinichi arriving on a white horse lmao.

And he was ripped 2.

Dec 10, 2014 12:21 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
That fabulous shinichi coming with a white horse.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 10, 2014 12:22 PM

Jul 2012
Funniest moment to date: Kana's wet dream.

I think the yakuza massacre was purposely placed just to offset that moment with high levels of testosterone.

Jul 2010
The pulling hair thing really backfires for being doing it in secluded places!

Kana dreaming about Shinichi being a prince saving her from monsters O.o

Kana pulling Shinichi's hair but nothing happened. I wonder if they snipped a hair from his hand would anything happen!

Murano asking Kana if she also sees that Shinichi has changed, Kama still seeing hope with Shinichi.

Parasytes try to see how many times they would get hit by killing everyone in a yakuza office! Getting hit only three times :/

Murano and Shinichi's date. She really has to be submissive to be able to date Shinichi though she having to hold herself back seems pretty painful.

A kiss between the two! Kana seeing it and wanting to give up. Murano having doubts about the real Shinichi and cries.

Hope Kana doesn't do something to ruin their relationship or anything that would make me dislike her :O Parasytes running for major and ignored Shinichi. Wonder if Kana having been seen with Shinichi would have any consequences.

Aug 2014
lol is there any Kana x Shinichi hentai fanfic?
Dec 10, 2014 12:24 PM

Oct 2014
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
spoiler

then use a spoiler tag, if you are gonna say something that makes it 90% obvious what will happen.
Don't spoil the series for us please.

eXtacy67 said:

I agree, espicially if she stays like this.
Either make her more story important, or don't even make her appear every ep with the same line.
God, i hate it when Authors use that (i am looking at you, Gosho (Author of detective conan))
Dec 10, 2014 12:24 PM

Jun 2014
hmm? It seems like the parasites are organizing and possibly preparing for war... the second half of the show should be even better.
Dec 10, 2014 12:32 PM

Oct 2014
Pretty good episode.

Really looking forward to the next episode. Want to know who those 8 parasytes are and what they want.

So far, this series is really superb.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2014 12:33 PM

Jan 2014
Parasytes in an election campaign, that could have horrible consequences.
It did not take long for for Parasyte to hack and smash the Yakuza. I suspect the mom with her kid crying also being a Parasyte and the dog too.. They are everywhere.
Dec 10, 2014 12:38 PM

Jun 2013
Ok~ more revelations. Cool.

So these parasites aren't just killing machines who kill for food. They are trying to mingle with humans. They probably have some ulterior motives behind this too.

The first few minutes just proved that pulling out a strand of hair without knowing what to do next is stupid. That drunk girl learned it the hard way.

Poor kana. She got her hopes too high and ended up losing to Murano who still doesn't believe Izumi is the same Izumi.

But still, the most interesting part was when the parasites were running an election campaign along with when that parasite raided a yakuza office and massacred everyone without eating anyone. This just makes these parasites more mysterious than before.
Dec 10, 2014 12:43 PM

Aug 2013
Talk about bad timing... Kana is so fucked if he decide to takes actions against that parasyte who spotted him.

That training was somehow hilarious, they were all so clueless to what was happening or who was that guy. And the other guy who got caught at the end xD
The whole scene was also really cool in term of animation, the fast pacing on his arm, the super fast movements, etc.

That dream Kana had was also fucking hilarious. Dat parasyte horse, I laughed my ass off. Man, I hope she doesn't die, she's adorable :3

So Shinichi and Murano is finally happening. At the same time, Murano seem more scared than ever by him. Well, his cattle and pig tip wasn't really conforting to say the least... I feel this can only end in a bad way :/
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 10, 2014 12:43 PM

Jan 2014
Dam, yakuza didn't stand a chance
Dec 10, 2014 12:46 PM
Apr 2014
I've noticed some CGI in the crowd.
Parasyte politics?
Dec 10, 2014 12:47 PM

Oct 2013
Awesome episode xD

lol that dream.

Shinichi is getting hotter and hotter every episode. X3
Dec 10, 2014 12:51 PM
Nov 2014
I like too much this anime but I liked the personality of shinichi before, this changed too drastically. I believe who I'm the only one who is agree with murano. I want the old shinichi personality is back, but he still with the same abilities.
Dec 10, 2014 12:58 PM

Aug 2014
matucas said:
I like too much this anime but I liked the personality of shinichi before, this changed too drastically. I believe who I'm the only one who is agree with murano. I want the old shinichi personality is back, but he still with the same abilities.

I don't mind Shinichi's old personality. I doubt most people who disagree with Murano do, too.

The problem is Murano herself. Her annoyance only keeps spiking up every ep, which wouldn't be the case if she would stop saying the same damn line every time and stop being so wary and awkward.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Dec 10, 2014 1:05 PM

Jun 2013
Maledict said:
matucas said:

I don't mind Shinichi's old personality. I doubt most people who disagree with Murano do, too.

The problem is Murano herself. Her annoyance only keeps spiking up every ep, which wouldn't be the case if she would stop saying the same damn line every time and stop being so wary and awkward.

I agree about Murano. I was really hoping that this episode maybe Shinichi would talk about the fact that he lost his mother, then Murano will think that's why he's changed so much and she'll shut up about it.

Do any manga readers know if Murano does find out about his mother??
Dec 10, 2014 1:09 PM

Oct 2014
Maledict said:
matucas said:

That
plus the fact that it seems she won't have anything to do with the stroy except being the gf/mc's connection to his old world
Dec 10, 2014 1:09 PM
Nov 2014
Maledict said:

Yes I'm agree with you, is so stupid a character saying always the same line. But I miss the old shinichi, is an opinion only.
AdictBetaDec 10, 2014 1:17 PM
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2015

276 by RapidPhantom »»
May 21, 7:36 AM

» What is better? Manga or Anime?

treverse - May 13

20 by ST63LTH »»
May 21, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2015

277 by lazypanda666 »»
May 18, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2014

638 by CELEXIA_ »»
May 11, 3:40 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

381 by yarwe »»
May 3, 1:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.