3It was OK
20.9%
2Disliked it
7.5%
1Hated it
5.5%
Average 3.9
923 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 19, 2014 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE LIGHT NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And welp, we find out more about Sinon this episode and her fear of guns. Given her flashbacks, it's understandable I guess. She also goes by her real name known as Asada Shino in the real world. Eh, I think her voice irl is fine.

The flashback made it obvious how she got a fear for guns.

Asuna with blue hair spotted. The nurse was weird this episode.
julyanJul 19, 2014 8:00 AM
Jul 19, 2014 7:56 AM
Sep 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And welp, we find out more about Sinon this episode and her fear of guns. Given her flashbacks, it's understandable I guess. She also goes by her real name known as Asada Shino in the real world. Eh, I think her voice irl is fine.

The flashback made it obvious how she got a fear for guns.

Asuna with blue hair spotted. The nurse was weird this episode.

Haha, she should go see a psychiatrist if she has PTSD. One of the Shinkawas and Aki is introduced and Kirito strips to go on GGO. O boy, Sinon is the next target on the ded gun list.
Jul 19, 2014 7:56 AM

Jul 2013
Damn such Childhood trauma that Shino had, killing guy with a gun... Guess that playing games will calm her down and pretty much try to forget everything.

Oh man now Kirito is going to GGO. Though until next episode.

It could have explain a lot longer on Shino's past though.

Pacing felt a bit fast, but still I think A-1 pictures can do it right :D.

Jul 19, 2014 7:57 AM
Mar 2012
We get to see Shino in real life this episode. Kyouji comes in and saves her from a bunch of delinquent girls. But damn, what a past, killing a robber with his own gun and her mother scared of what she has done. The anime did pretty well in portraying her gun trauma.

Kazuto riding his motorcycle~ Loved how Aki was teasing him, especially when she told him to strip XD

Death Gun seems to have Sinon now on his next hit list.

Both Shino and Kazuto are now in the world of Gun Gale Online, can't wait for their encounter!
Jul 19, 2014 8:04 AM

Nov 2009
Thats the reason why I don't like the trauma/drama in this arc because to me, it feels kinda "force" and unrealistic. The drama would be the same if she shot the robber for a few shots but to wound him, not to kill.
And, after all that trauma she should have consulted with a doctor, not to live alone like that...
Jul 19, 2014 8:08 AM

Nov 2007
primedanny said:
Haha, she should go see a psychiatrist if she has PTSD.
She did but it didn't work.
Jul 19, 2014 8:12 AM
Feb 2014
Takana_no_Hana said:
Thats the reason why I don't like the trauma/drama in this arc because to me, it feels kinda "force" and unrealistic. The drama would be the same if she shot the robber for a few shots but to wound him, not to kill.
And, after all that trauma she should have consulted with a doctor, not to live alone like that...

Well pls keep in mind that she was 9 years old at that time, it is somewhat understandable that she was overhelmed by the situation and couldn't think clearly anymore.

I mean even trained soldiers sometimes loose their cool and shoot people to death even though wounding them would have been enough.
Jul 19, 2014 8:53 AM

Nov 2009
Caleb8980 said:
Takana_no_Hana said:

Well pls keep in mind that she was 9 years old at that time, it is somewhat understandable that she was overhelmed by the situation and couldn't think clearly anymore.

I mean even trained soldiers sometimes loose their cool and shoot people to death even though wounding them would have been enough.

Well thats the reason why i felt "force" in this arc because the author literally forced a 9yrs old girl to kill a human being. Imagining if she just shot to wound the guy, it would feel less "force" but still cause the same trauma effect imo.
Jul 19, 2014 9:00 AM
Mar 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:
Caleb8980 said:

Well thats the reason why i felt "force" in this arc because the author literally forced a 9yrs old girl to kill a human being. Imagining if she just shot to wound the guy, it would feel less "force" but still cause the same trauma effect imo.

If she just wounded the guy, it wouldn't spark enough trauma. Imagine yourself as a nine-year-old unintentionally killing someone with your mother looking at you in pure horror. The anime wasn't able to portray this, but her arms were pretty much shattered from the recoil of the gun too. It would be too much to handle for a sheltered child like herself. Reason why she started playing GGO too as a sort of rehab.
Jul 19, 2014 9:02 AM

Nov 2013
Takana_no_Hana said:
Caleb8980 said:

I don't think it would still have the same effect. Simply injuring someone is nowhere near as bad as killing someone. It doesn't matter that she used a gun to do it, if it's just an injury it wouldn't be as traumatizing.
Jul 19, 2014 9:04 AM

Aug 2012
Thread Cleaned.
Anime/Manga said:
5. Do not ask when subs/raws will be released, or where to download/watch an episode.
Jul 19, 2014 9:30 AM

Jun 2014
Takana_no_Hana said:

Oh, do you think she had time to think about just wounding him? All she was thinking were how to stop him and she were certain that if she didn't then her and her mother would definitely die. If you ask me i'd have tried to do the exact thing when I were 9.
Jul 19, 2014 9:32 AM

Feb 2009
Hanae Natsuki as Shinkawa. He's too easy to identify. He's everywhere this season.
I heard Hikasa Yoko in one of those bullies. And Kawasumi Ayako as nurse Aki. Pretty good casting there.
And good episode. They're taking it slow and developing things well. Now for trap Kirito to finally appear. Should be good.
Jul 19, 2014 9:37 AM

Jun 2011
Finally, Kirito entering GGO. Can't wait to see his appearance. Although it is all over the OP
Jul 19, 2014 9:37 AM

Nov 2009
LastChapter said:
Takana_no_Hana said:

If she just wounded the guy, it wouldn't spark enough trauma. Imagine yourself as a nine-year-old unintentionally killing someone with your mother looking at you in pure horror. The anime wasn't able to portray this, but her arms were pretty much shattered from the recoil of the gun too. It would be too much to handle for a sheltered child like herself. Reason why she started playing GGO too as a sort of rehab.

Mind you if she shot him in the body(lower body, right at the stomach), it would render him unable to fight, let alone he would be unconscious if he was hit by a second shot, and in the anime the guy received 2 bullets at once so I doubt he would still have the will to fight if the situation was happened in real life. That's when the "forced" element came from.

I don't remember exactly how many shots did Shino take cause I read this part for a long time, perhaps if she just took the first shot and killed him in the head that was unintentionally, but this time she intentionally shot 3 times and tried to kill a person, it is UNREALISTIC to me, thats all.

I've read the novel already, just waiting for MR to be adapted cause to me this arc is the most boring thing in SAO to read. I enjoyed the 1st+2nd arc way more, just hope that they will put up some good action scenes.
Takana_no_HanaJul 19, 2014 9:46 AM
Jul 19, 2014 9:48 AM
Mar 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:
LastChapter said:

Mind you if she shot him in the body(lower body, right at the stomach), it would render him unable to fight, let alone he would be unconscious if he was hit by a second shot, and in the anime the guy received 2 bullets at once so I doubt he would still have the will to fight if the situation was happened in real life. That's when the "forced" element came from.

I don't remember exactly how many shots did Shino take cause I read this part for a long time, perhaps if she just took the first shot and killed him in the head that was unintentionally, but this time she intentionally shot 3 times and tried to kill a person, it is UNREALISTIC to me, thats all.

As a kid, in that sort of situation, when you shoot a man and he's bleeding all over still trying to get you and you're backed up against a wall, I don't think just sitting there waiting for a heavily wounded man to get his gun back would be the best of options. You're assuming Shino is able to think straight during the crisis, but she's just a scared girl not knowing what she should do. There was no intent to kill him, she just wanted to save herself.
Jul 19, 2014 9:49 AM

Mar 2013
Yawn, skipped though most of it....

Jul 19, 2014 9:52 AM

Nov 2009
LastChapter said:
Takana_no_Hana said:

As a kid, in that sort of situation, when you shoot a man and he's bleeding all over still trying to get you and you're backed up against a wall, I don't think just sitting there waiting for a heavily wounded man to get his gun back would be the best of options. You're assuming Shino is able to think straight during the crisis, but she's just a scared girl not knowing what she should do. There was no intent to kill him, she just wanted to save herself.

I'm assuming you're assuming this piece of fiction is realistic enough to portray real life experience/psychology. Just nope.
Anyway, I'm done discussing here.
Jul 19, 2014 9:55 AM

Jun 2013
Kirito is finally going in to GGO, felt a bit bad for Shino looks like she had a pretty bad past.
Jul 19, 2014 9:59 AM
Mar 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:
I'm assuming you're assuming this piece of fiction is realistic enough to portray real life experience/psychology. Just nope.
Anyway, I'm done discussing here.

Of course since it's a piece of fiction there will be a lack of realism involved. (Though many on the forums refuse to realize that.) I'm saying that looking at that incident, it's obvious to tell wounding a crazed man won't be enough to cause such serious trauma.
Jul 19, 2014 10:05 AM

May 2013
Woah Asada had a traumatic past. Hopefully she can get over it. Looks like Death Gun's next target is her.
Jul 19, 2014 10:10 AM

Apr 2014
Yeah nice, we still haven't seen Kirito in GGO. Four episodes to dive in the game? This season is sooo slow. And something weird is: everytime I see a gun or a pic of it I shit in my pants, but when I'm playing with a F**** SNIPER RIFLE I feel good, right
BarciaJul 19, 2014 10:17 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2014 10:10 AM

Apr 2013
That was a good look into Sinon/Shino's dark past but another slow building episode. However, it looks like we'll finally get some action and progress in the next episode (or dear god help me). I hope that spreading GGO over a whole 24 episodes won't make the pace this slow for the entirety of the show. At least I can finally use the image that I made below in a proper context next week. Best girl incoming.

dankzelJul 22, 2014 9:41 PM
Jul 19, 2014 10:11 AM

Jul 2014
I bet that shinkawa guy is evil
you see that evil smile he obviously crazy
Simply_OrangeJul 19, 2014 10:19 AM
Jul 19, 2014 10:12 AM

Aug 2010
Good ep. Still nice pacing.

I thought the way they adapted Sinon's past was nice. Damn! She shot the guy 3 times, third being straight to the head XD Trauma inducing for a little kid indeed ^^;...Nice monologues and introduction about Shino's character. I thought her emotions were nicely depicted :)

Loved the part with Kirito and the nurse XD Groping his butt right from the start lol and telling him it's okay to strip...she'd already seen everything XDXDXD Flustered Kirito is nice to see hehe. And Kataoka teasing him not to do anything to the nurse XD

Can't wait til he starts playing. I actually expected him to be inside by this ep but I guess nxt ep it is then ^^

Sinon is nxt rape victim it seems <_<
Jul 19, 2014 10:14 AM

Mar 2014
Wait, so she gets a panic attack whenever she sees a gun or a picture of a gun, but no reaction when she was browsing through a gun catalog?
Jul 19, 2014 10:14 AM
Aug 2013
a nice background of shinon although traumatic, Kirito is finally going in can't w8
Jul 19, 2014 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
We finally get to see Sinon in real life and hear real name is Shino. She feared gun due to her past when she killed a bank robber.

Kirito finally dived into GGO.
Jul 19, 2014 10:21 AM

Mar 2013
I really liked this episode. And Kirito is finally in GGO.

The haters are coming soon. Even though there's nothing to hate.
Jul 19, 2014 10:25 AM

May 2014
Yes SAO, THIS is how you handle childhood trauma! And a little girl CAN pull a trigger of a real gun, and a crook would WANT to kill people!
And a child WOULD go and bite said crook AFTER SHE SAW HIM KILL SOMEBODY! /sarcasm

Absolute bullshit, this is NOT how you handle psychological trauma, and you're just doing it for the shock value. You are now edgy as fuck.

1/5 - You just condemned yourself!
Jul 19, 2014 10:26 AM

Apr 2012
her mums worthless she lets her little girl fight a bank robber who was about 2 shoot her then dosent do a dam thing 2 comfort her after she was forced 2 kill him no wonder shes traumatised
Jul 19, 2014 10:28 AM

Apr 2013
Rocketrick said:
Wait, so she gets a panic attack whenever she sees a gun or a picture of a gun, but no reaction when she was browsing through a gun catalog?

Imagine what her reaction will be when she sees a penis for the first time in her life.
dankzelJul 19, 2014 10:32 AM
Jul 19, 2014 10:29 AM

Dec 2009
Say whatever you want, but I'm LOVING SAOII so far. And this is coming from someone who disliked SAO (though it had its moments).
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jul 19, 2014 10:29 AM

Jan 2013
Takana_no_Hana said:

The real world doesn't work like that; the human body is a marvelously complex machine and adrenaline is designed to keep us up when we should be out. Certain shots to the body can put a person down immediately, others will force him to linger for hours or days only to die of blood poisoning. Short of hitting major arteries in the shoulder, that's more of a life-long disability than an instantly disabling wound. Not even head shots are always fatal, and the ones that are fatal aren't always immediate. This is not even accounting for anything like drug use; PCP can make someone seem invincible right up until the moment they die.

For story purposes, one pretty little head shot wouldn't justify the fear and disgust in her mother's eyes. One shot can be rationalized away by adults as an accident. The kid grabbed the gun, it went off, etc. Three shots is a brutal, bloody killing--even if justified. And until we hear her confess something like "I wanted him to die," I can't buy that a 9 year old trying to protect her mother intentionally tried to kill the robber, but rather that she tried to stop him and his death was incidental to that.

To me, what feels forced is the idea that hand gesturing like a gun could inflict a crippling panic attack on her, but stories like these require some suspension of disbelief so I'm willing to roll with it.
Jul 19, 2014 10:30 AM

Dec 2011
Oh look, real life Shino.

I was sure considering the voice that bullies were after her...

Hmmm, I think Shino was probably held at gunpoint with a pistol at some point in her life.

Shinkawa talking about how useless his AGI build is makes it look like the end of the world is about to come.

Aha, so that's what happened to Shino, she shot and killed that robber... BOOM HEADSHOTZ!

You heard the girl Kirito, now go and save her!

She groped your ass Kirito and now she's telling you to strip... lucky bastard...

Damn... Sinon is the next target is seems...
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 19, 2014 10:35 AM
Oct 2010
Forgetfulness said:

Robbery scene seemed kinda forced. Like maybe it's just cause I'm older but biting a robber is a dumb idea and she didn't have to shoot that many times

She was like 6 (I guess some people are saying 9?) and trying to help her mom, so I could excuse that. Not to mention the dude kept getting back up and I guess she was scared.

CNagy said:
To me, what feels forced is the idea that hand gesturing like a gun could inflict a crippling panic attack on her, but stories like these require some suspension of disbelief so I'm willing to roll with it.

The meaning of the hand gesture is what inflicts the panic attacks. She has an issue around guns and while the hand gesture isn't a gun it symbolizes one, which is enough in some cases.
GD1551Jul 19, 2014 10:40 AM
Jul 19, 2014 10:37 AM

Oct 2012
A decent episode. But A-1 sure is taking their time adapting GGO. It's still better than rushing through the arcs in the first season. And the anime also left out some monologues from the light novel when shino is shooting the criminal. So some people might find it weird. I thought it was perfectly reasonable though. You are 9 years old. You are being attacked by a person. You might not know that a gun could actually kill someone. You shoot him to protect yourself and your mother. Seems fine to me.
Memories may fade, but that doesn't mean there isn't any point in making them.
Jul 19, 2014 10:40 AM

May 2014
skudoops said:
Forgetfulness said:

Robbery scene seemed kinda forced. Like maybe it's just cause I'm older but biting a robber is a dumb idea and she didn't have to shoot that many times

She was like 6 and trying to help her mom, so I could excuse that. Not to mention the dude kept getting back up and I guess she was scared.
A child doesn't know what to do in such a situation and survival instincts kick in: this is dangerous to my existence, so I must get as far away as possible.
Not to mention a kid isn't that to kick down as well as it being able to pull the hard trigger.

Aug 2009
T3hSource said:
Yes SAO, THIS is how you handle childhood trauma! And a little girl CAN pull a trigger of a real gun, and a crook would WANT to kill people!
And a child WOULD go and bite said crook AFTER SHE SAW HIM KILL SOMEBODY! /sarcasm

Absolute bullshit, this is NOT how you handle psychological trauma, and you're just doing it for the shock value. You are now edgy as fuck.

1/5 - You just condemned yourself!

Truly original.

You try too much.Way more than Reki.
Jul 2013
Not sure of the faithfulness to the source material yet but damn SAO II is fun. A-1 has certainly stepped it up, but whether they'll keep it up to the end has yet to be seen. Aside from a few clowns, topics centered around the episodes have been relatively clean as well.
Jul 19, 2014 10:41 AM

Jun 2013
Lol I already know who Death Gun is without spoiling or reading the novel.
Jul 19, 2014 10:41 AM

Apr 2014
Oh and what about the scene when A MIDDLE-AGE MAN CANNOT TAKE THE GUN FROM A 8 YEAR-OLD GIRL'S HANDS BECAUSE HE ISN'T STRONG ENOUGH!? e.e The flashback was really forced and illogical, oh my days
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2014 10:42 AM

May 2014
ssjokg said:
Truly original.

I'm sorry for taking a child's psychological trauma seriously.
Jul 19, 2014 10:42 AM
Sep 2013
So we see real life Sinon in reality and her back story the pacing has improved. The fear of killing the robber still haunts her wonder If she will get over the trauma. The nurse feeling up Kirito was lol.
Jul 19, 2014 10:45 AM

Aug 2009
T3hSource said:
skudoops said:

She was like 6 and trying to help her mom, so I could excuse that. Not to mention the dude kept getting back up and I guess she was scared.
A child doesn't know what to do in such a situation and survival instincts kick in: this is dangerous to my existence, so I must get as far away as possible.
Not to mention a kid isn't that to kick down as well as it being able to pull the hard trigger.

Because everything irl is logical.

And yes some kids are able to pull the trigger.
Jul 2013
I said it too soon. Sigh anime-only watchers XD

Jun 2014
I'm fairly certain in the LN they mentioned the guy was drugged up like crazy. And that the mother had her fair share of problems, and wasn't the best mother to begin with. I'm a little annoyed that they left things out like the fact that the kick back broke both her arms, and that it was simply fear that kept her pulling the trigger.
While i like the fact SAOII is taking the time to actually flesh out characters, though that does mean the action is going to take FOREVER to roll around. Then again, with these episodes of development, I have high hopes that there will be a really good flash back episode to the laughing coffin raid Kirito was part of. Which will help tie in the things they skipped in season one.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jul 19, 2014 10:46 AM
Mar 2012
Tengoku_no_hakai said:
Lol I already know who Death Gun is without spoiling or reading the novel.

If you're thinking about what I'm assuming, then you're wrong.
Jul 19, 2014 10:46 AM

Aug 2009
T3hSource said:
ssjokg said:
Truly original.

I'm sorry for taking a child's psychological trauma seriously.
You never did.

You never tried to take anything SAO showed seriously.And please dont tell me that you tried but it disappointed you.
Pages (17) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

611 by Bruh69XD »»
May 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.