Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2007 7:02 PM

Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was a good ending, in my opinion. Very different though from what I expected after seeing the preview at the end of episode 11.
starryskyDec 29, 2007 7:07 PM

Dec 29, 2007 8:29 PM

Jul 2007
If only it were longer but as is, the ending was well done enough (nothing rushed, was fairly well-paced). Overall a surprisingly good series though I would've loved it if it had maintained the same quality as found in the OVA.
Dec 29, 2007 8:45 PM

May 2007
wow this show ended quickly.
Dec 30, 2007 12:20 AM
Dec 2007
ZoiQ said:
wow this show ended quickly.

I agree, i think they could of put it in to a 26 ep season..

It seemed rushed to me, though atleast it ends happily, but Reiji really bugs me. someone whom has his sort of mental illness shouldn't be raising a child..
Dec 30, 2007 3:18 AM

Feb 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well overall I think it was a good ending to a good anime. Can't wait for the DVDs to be subbed so we can get a better feel for it, but still had a good story at the end. Was a little concerned when Aoki came in to find Reiji on the floor, but the show really couldn't have ended with anything but a happy one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Guidelines!
Dec 30, 2007 9:14 AM

Jun 2007
I've already started a thread for this episode.

Dec 30, 2007 9:41 AM
Feb 2007
The ending was decent at best for me. Overall the anime was sub-par compared to the manga, and it wasn't just because of the censorship, I didn't like the changes made.
Dec 31, 2007 11:33 PM
Oct 2007
Hmmm. A "good" ending then.

All and all it really wasn't that great, so 8/10
Jan 3, 2008 1:44 PM

Dec 2007
They really misused Reiji in the last episode. The one person that Rin fully trusts turns out to be a borderline psychopath? Well if there were to be a second season it would be interesting to see how Reiji will regain her trust. And hopefully the new understanding between Aoki and Rin won't change their relationship - much
Jan 4, 2008 12:26 PM

Aug 2007
It was a surprisingly good series as hulot said. A happier ending than I expected, but it was enjoyable.
Jan 5, 2008 4:27 PM
Sep 2007
good end, good series, bad censor
and for that, only 8/10
if the dvds are out maybe that will change to a 9/10, but we'll see
Jan 7, 2008 10:12 AM
Dec 2007
Lee said:
Haha whaaat?
"Well, I don't want to stay long, I should go now", Aoki just left Rin with a crazy guy she just threatened to stab?
He didn't want to force the issue. Besides, Reiji wasn't a complete lunatic, he just had issues like all of them did. He fainted because he realized he'd been doing the same thing his parents did. Sure, it kinda irked me that Reiji wasn't given a much clearer epilogue, but hey, happy and satysfying ending. Poor Aoki will have his hands full for quite a while.

Jan 10, 2008 7:17 PM

May 2007
I though this wasn't the last episode.....
I went searching for episode 13 for 30mins xDDDD
No wonder i didn't find anything.
(Its scary the fact that i can be pretty clueless sometimes ._.")

Well anyway, i though Reiji wasn't that badly used... They sure made him look like some psyco but it could be worse.
We all knew it wouldn't end with Aoki accepting Kokonoe, it would be something "indecent" to broadcast to the public..... (As we know, sadly, there still crazy people who try to copy things they saw at TV -.-")
And hopefully it didn't end with Aoki or Houin dying, thank god that didn't happen. -o-

Therefore that ending was the best.
Jan 10, 2008 8:16 PM
Dec 2007
Well, it's not like Rin gave up on the idea. She just realized she was a little too young yet. So for now she's just being a tease while Aoki gets the headaches (and secretly enjoys it).

And you are not entirely wrong about the 13 episodes. There's an OVA that fits directly in the middle of the series (I watched right after episode 6 and it seemed to fit perfectly), as the final episode has a little nudge from it (The pic with Rin posing like she's gonna hug the camera...no I wonder why he forgot to delete THAT *dirty thoughts*). Plus, it adds some more good Reiji character development.

Aug 8, 2008 2:47 PM

Apr 2008
Lee said:
Haha whaaat?
"Well, I don't want to stay long, I should go now", Aoki just left Rin with a crazy guy she just threatened to stab?
OTL
wtfyourface said:
MistaCloudStrife said:
From 100-1000, how much do you love LWL?
OVER 9000!!!
Aug 9, 2008 4:27 AM

Feb 2008
hmm this show was surprisingly good. they made reiji's character seem like some pshychopath but then they tamed him again. i was expecting someone to get stabbed or something. second season should be rather interesting though.
Aug 11, 2008 11:45 PM

Jul 2007
Finally got around to watching the uncensored DVD 1-12, it's so much better, there's no point in watching the TV version.
Oct 7, 2008 11:58 AM

Jan 2008
Kotori said:
Finally got around to watching the uncensored DVD 1-12, it's so much better, there's no point in watching the TV version.

Has anyone subbed them yet?
Oct 7, 2008 12:28 PM
Jan 2008
HiddenNinja said:
Kotori said:

Has anyone subbed them yet?
Loli-Pop Subs is the only group that has the DVD version translated. Here's the website.
Oct 29, 2008 2:09 PM

Mar 2008
Reiji really needs to have a therapy. He's dangerous. I hope he'll behave normally ni the 2n season.

Nice ending anyway, really enjoyed the show, thanks to the dvd releases.
Oct 29, 2008 2:11 PM

Mar 2008
Reiji really needs a therapy. He's... dangerous. I hope he'll behave normally in the 2nd season.

Anyway, nice ending, really refreshing after those awful events.
Jul 20, 2009 8:00 AM

Nov 2007
lol she has a pedobear doll
the masochist says "hurt me! hurt me!" the sadist replies "no"
Jan 1, 2010 10:59 PM

Oct 2009
I was pretty surprised on seeing the Pedo Bear there for the first time. XD Made me smile a bit.

But the ending left a lot out. And Aoki-Sensei would seriously leave her there alone with Reiji, after Reiji went psycho for a few days!?
Aug 15, 2010 2:53 PM

Jan 2010
omg for a second i thought Rin killed Reiji O.o

i'm glad it ended on a positive note(actually it ended exactly like i wanted it)

BUT

i'm really confused about Rin's relationship with the teacher...now this is the difference between an 8 and a 9 here...because i don't wanna give a 9 to such a perverted ending

so after teacher got out of Rin's house,she shaked hands with her...this prooving the fact that Rin realised that she doesn't love him more than a close friend,or maybe a parental love

but then came the indirect kiss scene and she said she'll take it slowly...wait wut???

ok i'm going to imagine that Rin quit her bad feelings and realised that she sees Aoki as a person that she loves,but not in that way

+++++story
++characters
+++entertaining
----loli scenes

so an astonishing surprising...you name it :p 9/10 and 5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Apr 14, 2011 6:48 PM
Jul 2018
i actually saw it differently when Rin chose to shake hands - there was a deeper "love" that was established at that point. it went from the usual Rin "infatuation" to an actual love

hence why later in this ep, she said she wants to take it slow (lol...altho so unrealistic given the 15+ yr age difference)

the series was a pleasant surprise, the ecchi scenes were its only negative and they could have fleshed out the backstorys for a longer series overall.

8/10 - the episode 6 was just too well done for me to bring it down to 7
Apr 30, 2011 10:10 AM
Oct 2009
Seems like they quickly wrapped it up and everything is back to normal. But I still feel that Reiji is a time bomb, he seriously need some help.

A surprising series, didn't expect it will turn out to be a drama halfway through the series.
The window, the window shopping! Hooo!
May 16, 2011 12:35 AM

Nov 2009
I surprisingly enjoyed this, I watched episode 1 the other day and realised this would be pretty good for a few laughs. So I got round to watching it last night and here I am having binged through the rest of it in one sitting.

One of the best anime I've seen for so many reasons though I have to admit Rin is certainly the main reason, she is simply adorable.

Reiji certainly concerned me as he seemed to snap rather suddenly. I have a daughter myself though so I can hardly blame him in many ways =P
May 25, 2011 10:57 PM

Oct 2010
When i started to watch this, my expectations for this show where null. I though it would be random echi comedy with lolis and at was that and much more.
This was so much more than just an echi anime, the drama was really good and character development was really well done.

8/10 - Even things where making an amazing progress though out the series, at the end it felt like they all decided to go back to square one making all events they went through a complete waste of time = \
huh?
Nov 17, 2011 2:02 PM

Sep 2011
Woah, I did not expect that at all. I started watching this Anime thinking it would be just some average comedy/ecchi, but it is not. It is much more in-depth than I thought.
funkotakuNov 17, 2011 2:17 PM
Apr 15, 2012 11:46 AM

Feb 2010
I was expecting some kind of ending like KissxSis for this anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2012 9:13 PM

Aug 2012

Pretty alright ending, which came as a bit of a surprise.
I'm glad Mimi decided to come back. :)
Aug 26, 2012 5:58 AM

Jul 2011
Perverts, damn girls always saying teacher is main pervert.
But damn Kuro was pervy in some point and Rin of course <3

Some drama in later episodes when Rin's guardian (Reiji) went "little" insane for overprotecting Rin.
But yeah in the end it all end pretty good <3

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Oct 3, 2012 3:57 PM

Jun 2012
It was alright, satisfied my loli cravings.

7/10
Oct 10, 2012 2:31 AM

Jul 2011
The funny thing is that the only flashbacks in this show were from a Supporting character...

Anyway, it was pretty enjoyable, this series really surprised me.

8/10
Feb 16, 2013 7:52 AM
Jan 2013
I hated what they did to Reiji in this episode. Sure, when reading the manga I didn't like how he projected Aki onto Rin, but I think it was preferable to child abuse.

That's right, I think it's sad that in order to make him more acceptable, he had to be shifted from Mr. "Wants to marry lolii because she reminds him of past lover, but is willing to accept no for an answer if loli doesn't want to" to "locks loli in room, and still plans to marry loli, even against her will if he has to".

Manga Reiji, even if I didn't agree with everything he did, I could at least relate to him. For instance, family projection. Lack one family member, and your mind will seek a proxy replacement. And it can be a source of confusion as well. So here we have Rin, who is a proxy of Aki, who was Reiji's lover, who herself was also a proxy of his mother. Who is Reiji's father proxy? Aoki. Since Aoki actually acts like a man should, and takes responsibility, as well as teaches Reiji life lessons, that he had missed when younger. Aoki becomes a sort of father figure for Reiji. I realize some of this applies to anime Reiji as well, but not all, I lost most of my sympathy for him when he scared Rin last episode. I'm glad he returned to his senses, but damage has been done this this version of his character.
"There is perhaps no phenomenon which contains so much destructive feeling as moral indignation, which permits envy or hate to be acted out under the guise of virtue."
— Erich Fromm
Jun 27, 2013 11:46 PM

Nov 2009
Watched the uncensored 1-12 in the last couple of days at work...

My love for the show is still here. I really want them to continue from Ni Gakki as there is sooooo much good manga material to animate!! <3
Jun 17, 2015 11:17 AM

Jul 2013
Unexpectedly good show.
Jun 19, 2015 2:00 PM

Apr 2014
Hm...meh ending, it would be better if there is a time skip and Rin and Daisuke become a couple and got marry.
Reiji is still a dick even if he have that kind of past...he shouldn't raise a child if he have mental illness.
It's a good thing that Rin don't have to transfer to another school.
Kuro start to like Daisuke a bit hm.
I would feel super bad for Mimi since she have feeling for Reiji...she will experience hell if she end up marrying Reiji.
So-so series, 7/10
Dec 8, 2016 8:16 PM

Feb 2014
The ending was meh and rushed

And the kind of relationship between Sensei and Rin got more uncertain/confused with this episode.

I mean, a handshake and: "Let's just have a normal relationship now, ok?"

Well, it's not like I want them to be together, but to fight over something for about 12 episodes then just throw it into the air like nothing happened is really cruel with us, isn't it?

Anyway, I hope that this is not the case.

Still, I have doubts about giving this show a 7 or an 8 due to what I said above.

PS: Reiji best character. ;)
Dec 8, 2016 8:21 PM

Feb 2014
clannad4ever said:

i'm really confused about Rin's relationship with the teacher...

so after teacher got out of Rin's house,she shaked hands with her...this prooving the fact that Rin realised that she doesn't love him more than a close friend,or maybe a parental love

but then came the indirect kiss scene and she said she'll take it slowly...wait wut???

Thought the same thing. My opinion:

The ending was meh and rushed

And the kind of relationship between Sensei and Rin got more uncertain/confused with this episode.

I mean, a handshake and: "Let's just have a normal relationship now, ok?"

Well, it's not like I want them to be together, but to fight over something for about 12 episodes then just throw it into the air like nothing happened is really cruel with us, isn't it?

Anyway, I hope that this is not the case.

Still, I have doubts about giving this show a 7 or an 8 due to what I said above.

PS: Reiji best character. ;)

More topics from this board

» What reasons are there NOT to watch Kodomo no Jikan?

Carvewin91 - Jan 10, 2023

13 by luksthefool »»
Mar 19, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan Episode 7 Discussion

Tenshin - Nov 25, 2007

25 by Acctra »»
Jan 10, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

deli53 - Nov 17, 2007

100 by Acctra »»
Jan 10, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan Episode 12 Discussion

Maeni - Dec 17, 2008

44 by Erquint »»
Oct 13, 2023 3:16 PM

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan Episode 11 Discussion

Crisu - Dec 22, 2007

43 by Erquint »»
Oct 13, 2023 2:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.