Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 13, 2009 4:31 AM

Jun 2008
While reading the VN, I observed that the Nasuverse is in fact extremely similiar to the White Wolf Mage/Werewolf/Vampire/Changeling etc settings.

As such, it falls prey to the same sort of problems regarding power level inflation. There are a ridiculous amount of high-powered characters running amok in the setting, but Nasu never seems to write in the proper consequences for their skirmishes and fights.

In Japan you have at least 4 Major Mage families (Tohno, Kishima, Nanaya, Asagami) and 3 Minor houses (Emiya, Einzbern, Tohsaka), the members of which have enormous powers comparable to Vampires (for the former) and Servants (for the latter). And then there are people like the Ciel and Arcuied, who take on Servants for lunch.

Given that Servants have the power to level cities easily, that the Masquerade remains intact strikes me as silly.

Any thoughts on this?
Peace through Superior Firepower!

formosan said:
Are you using some kind of advanced logic I don't know about? Have you decided to assign new meanings to English words? Are you just intentionally burning a straw man and knowing full well that you're changing the subject and misrepresenting a claim?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingetsutan Tsukihime Episode 11 Discussion

zq - Jan 23, 2008

36 by metalrain_15 »»
Apr 10, 4:20 PM

Poll: » Shingetsutan Tsukihime Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

lunarcrusader - Jan 8, 2008

135 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 14, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Shingetsutan Tsukihime Episode 10 Discussion

babykeiji - Feb 19, 2008

24 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 14, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Shingetsutan Tsukihime Episode 9 Discussion

babykeiji - Feb 19, 2008

21 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 14, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Shingetsutan Tsukihime Episode 8 Discussion

babykeiji - Feb 19, 2008

31 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 14, 2:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.