Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2009 2:18 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
If I didn’t think that Irene was going to die, I’d say that she and Kai make a good couple. Especially since, for once, Kai was actually able to protect someone and looking cool doing it to boot. They also had those tender moments when Kai was giving her a piggy-back ride. In general, she acts like a curious little kid and he seems perfect for the role of teaching her how to live as a normal person. But I have a feeling that she’ll die, partly because I don’t think Kai will be able to attain any happiness this soon and partly because the Shifu were originally cast as antagonists.
Nov 11, 2009 1:23 PM

Jul 2009
Yeah I've watched enough anime to know that Irene is going to die, possibly in a tragic way, and Kai is going to go mental O_o
Jul 1, 2010 11:47 AM
Feb 2008
It is again surprising how everyone is able to speak every foreign language they have to.
Jul 20, 2010 6:40 AM

May 2008
Great episode, but I'm also afraid of Irene dying~ I don't want that~
Oct 11, 2010 10:40 PM
Aug 2010
Everybody speaks japanese. Weird. This series are getting everytime less mystery and more drama, which is not exactly bad, since I think there's not very much secrets left.
Feb 7, 2011 6:25 PM
Jan 2011
Kai was really starting to annoy me, but this episode made me a little more compassionate towards him..
Mar 23, 2011 10:05 PM

Dec 2010
The language thing is also beginning to bother me. Not to sound arrogant, but English is spoken more widely than Japanese and I'm fairly sure the average (emphasize average) foreigner's grasp on the language wouldn't be that great. I'm also a bit bothered/ confused by the fact that Saya was noted earlier for being Asian looking (during the arc at the Lycee), but she was born in France... probably from European DNA of whatever sorts (all speculation but still)...hmmm... I'm just trying to ignore little details such as this and continue enjoying the story, which I very much am :)

I also have a very very strong feeling Irene is going to die, though I do agree I think Kai and Irene would not only be an adorable couple but good for each other. Nice to see Kai has improved his fighting skills and such, it would be sad if he was responsible for her death... maybe they're making it seem so likely that she'll die that it's supposed to be a surprise when she doesn't? :) (Transparent attempt at optimism)
Aug 1, 2011 11:56 PM

Jan 2011
France had an empire in South East Asia as well as concessions in China and carried on trade with Japan. It is not impossible that Joel was able to get DNA from an Asian source. On the other hand we still haven't got a complete explanation of just what Saya and Diva's mother was--I think we have more to learn.

I like Irene, but I don't think she has any more staying power than the one-legged Vietnamese girl.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 27, 2011 1:01 AM

Jun 2011
Kai and Irene do make a good couple. They have a sort of mutual understanding between them.

On a side note, Saya seems to have gotten a lot better with her sword. The next showdown will be epic!
Oct 1, 2011 10:21 PM

Feb 2010
Baphomet said:
It is again surprising how everyone is able to speak every foreign language they have to.

lol yup +1
Sheepshaman.png
May 14, 2012 3:36 PM

Sep 2011
Ahh loved the little Kai x Irene moment. :(
Oct 28, 2012 8:22 AM

Jan 2012
Oh man, I really wanted things to turn out well for Irene but I'm not seeing that happening, it hurts to watch when the "bad guys" aren't actually truly evil
Jan 23, 2013 1:26 AM

Jan 2012
They say they don't know anything about what they are, but they are so sure Saya + Diva blood can fix them. That's a very huge assumption in my opinion. Anyway, the episode was pretty interesting.

Apr 20, 2013 4:54 PM

Jun 2012
This is the first episode i've actually liked Kai in. I really hope Irene doesnt die but like everyone else i have this feeling that she is going to. Too bad, with her around Kai isnt as annoying as he usually is :p
Jun 5, 2013 7:53 PM
Feb 2013
lol at Irene strangling Kai. This series is getting better, and Kai is starting to develop into a more mature person.
Dec 10, 2013 5:16 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

rodac said:
France had an empire in South East Asia as well as concessions in China and carried on trade with Japan. It is not impossible that Joel was able to get DNA from an Asian source. On the other hand we still haven't got a complete explanation of just what Saya and Diva's mother was--I think we have more to learn.

I like Irene, but I don't think she has any more staying power than the one-legged Vietnamese girl.

I agree!

EZSPECIAL said:
Oh man, I really wanted things to turn out well for Irene but I'm not seeing that happening, it hurts to watch when the "bad guys" aren't actually truly evil

Idem!

The Schiff are not a potential threat, the fact is that very often the first to talk about space weapons should be given to the words or feelings! ^ _ ^
Plot that satisfies me in full, intriguing!
Narration calm and full of pathos, I also believe that Irene is going to die sin, she and Kai would make a lovely couple and would testify the concept that being different is not a limit, but a wealth! * _ *
Design and animation bad. The context in which Saya trains is well made! : D
Feb 26, 2014 7:11 PM

Sep 2012
Few eps ago, Saya vows to murder all chiropterans and Diva!

Now here, a few guys who are kinda-sorta, but there's a slight chance they could be redeemed--

"NO!" say our resident cute-in-a-plain-way swordswoman, "Kill them all! Exterminate! EXTERMINATUS!!"

Ayup, this is the episode in which Saya shoves her head up her ass; takes a while for her to remove it.

foxprincess1344 said:
This is the first episode i've actually liked Kai in.
Like Tomoyo said about Syaoran when he was laying down the law on his affianced cousin (wait, what?), Kai seems pretty masculine in this episode. He's not the full-of-himself delinquent kid whom David knocked around a bit just to implant some sense, that's for damn sure.

HOLY SHIT, CHARACTER GROWTH/DEVELOPMENT!! No wonder this anime is unpopular. :P
UnculturedWhiteyFeb 26, 2014 7:18 PM
Never forget, that if you post a topic, you're not allowed to post in it yourself, by order of MAL administration.
Dec 2, 2015 2:35 AM

Feb 2010
Zell182 said:
Yeah I've watched enough anime to know that Irene is going to die, possibly in a tragic way, and Kai is going to go mental O_o

U R experienced alright, as am I :(

Elene is so beautiful, and I can see an affection between her and Kai, but I can't see how this anime can have any sort of happy ending for it's characters. After losing father, brother and sister, Kai is only short of losing a girlfriend for a total f*ck over.
Also, there is no guarantee Saya's blood will cure them. It will kill them as much as any chiroptean, since her and Diva's blood work that way, and they were created from Diva.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Mar 8, 2016 9:45 AM

Sep 2014
Man Irene and Kai would make a really good couple. Too bad she might die :(

Also I like Kai's girlfriend, so I honestly don't want him to ditch her.
May 30, 2016 4:17 PM

Oct 2013
Ouh, now they're making us sympathize with the schiff! I see alot of deaths coming now! :P
GwendollyMay 30, 2016 4:20 PM
<3
Jul 23, 2016 9:20 PM
May 2010
Haji and Saya fighting in the beginning, so awesome!
IRENE IS SO ADORABLE! THIS DESERVES ALL CAPS!
Saya and the reporter and Kai's girlfriend just passing by each other in the library! So good!

As for the language thing, I know it might be odd but.. I'd rather live in the world where everyone speaks Japanese in Blood+ than having to listen to Engrish and Frenish and Russish.
Jun 4, 2020 8:34 AM

Nov 2016
Oh great, more characters I can feel bad for. I hope Irene is going to survive, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 8, 2020 8:52 AM

May 2015
Kai picked up his new crush. Literaly.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 14, 2022 3:04 AM
Sep 2022
nice storytelling, falwless , chiropetea's are created, they are human too, this episodes just remembered and pushes us to rethink about to choose side for character, those chiropteras had nothing to do except continuing these vengenance!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blood+ Episode 11 Discussion

kittygoesmad - Nov 9, 2008

28 by LeonhartAugust »»
Jun 9, 6:42 PM

Poll: » Blood+ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sifma - Feb 24, 2008

52 by doitsushine92 »»
Jun 1, 3:01 PM

» what do you think

mydaddy - Mar 6

11 by RikkiRini »»
Mar 9, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Blood+ Episode 32 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aokaado - Jul 16, 2007

99 by dkjiji »»
Feb 23, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Blood+ Episode 8 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 29, 2008

31 by wildhood »»
Feb 11, 12:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.