Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 25, 2016 11:01 AM

Mar 2015
THAT PUNCH HAS TO BE THE BEST ONE THAT LUFFY'S EVER LANDED
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 22, 2016 3:57 PM

Jan 2013
Finally!!! Was getting so angry with this arc, human trafficking is so degrading and just was making me haate watching this. I couldn't wait to see Lufy finally start taking action. GO! Destroy that place already!!!!!
Sep 30, 2016 8:43 PM
Oct 2015
This was just.. amazing. I almost broke something waiting for luffy to just... goddamn.. I love luffy
Oct 14, 2016 10:57 AM
Dec 2015
Sqwar said:
Wow that episode was freaking awesome!

smokes said:
+1
he pisses me off x)

+2

Me three (Oops, I broke the streak)😜
Anyway, it's about time Luffy punched one of those bastards (which I'll agree it was satisfying to watch) as I predicted when the arc started, now it's time to bring down every last auction house. 😈 I'M FIRED UP!
HawkeyesgamesOct 14, 2016 11:12 AM
Oct 25, 2016 11:33 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I hoped for this punch so much!

Jun 1, 2017 1:59 PM

Jun 2015
For a man who had declared war against world government, punching that scum is nothing. You go Luffy! Teach them some manners.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Sep 28, 2017 6:34 PM

Dec 2014
that punch reminded me greatly of Gurren Lagann
May 8, 2018 3:12 PM

Mar 2017
i just fell in love more with Luffy.

that punchhhh
so awesome
Jan 22, 2019 4:22 AM

Jun 2016
I was spoiled that Luffy would punch a celestial dragon and that it would be awesome but somehow I don't consider that a spoiler at all. Luffy has already declared war on the world government for a single friend who "wanted to die anyways". He takes after Shanks who taught him to pick his battles wisely and fight for his friends above all else. Even earlier in this episode he showed his straightforward nature when Hachi told him, "Stop Straw Hat, there are celestial dragons around and she has an explosive collar", essentially even if you get her she will explode and an admiral will come with a navy fleet to kill you and your friends. "It's impossible so don't". And Luffy's response? "So what?". He's here to save his friend Camie, he will save her and deal with the consequences later. What's worse than letting one of your nakama suffer? Nothing. I think it would have been interesting to see the more strategic approach the other crew members would have taken but I'm glad Luffy got the spotlight anyways.

An interesting idea is that they could nab Camie and use Charloss as a hostage! They could keep Camie right with him and say come unlock her collar or we'll kill Charloss/you will blow him up yourselves.

The punch itself was such an awesome culmination of everything this arc has been building up to so far. You can argue it's Bellamy part 2 with a weak overzealous jerk thinking he's untouchable and getting pounded but this was far better in my opinion and I loved the Jaya arc. We've been slowly getting notice that racism is strong here, that fish people aren't considered people. Camie was taken and Hachi's disguise comes off and everyone spouts racism towards him, get out of here, you may walk on two legs but you still have a fish brain, gross, he'll give us diseases, he must be plotting something, etc. On top of Camie being locked away to be sold and Hachi being put down by everyone around him both entirely unjustified, Hachi gets shot by the incredibly snot nosed brat Charloss who literally has no redeeming qualities, forces women to be his wives, kills their fiances, and uses slaves with no remorse. The attack on Charloss wasn't just an attack on one man, it was the entire system, including those slave shops Luffy was shocked by. If this is how you guys will treat my friends you don't deserve any respect at all. Freaking powerful.

Hachi is entirely redeemed in my eyes. If this is how the world treats fishmen then I sympathize with Arlong. It doesn't justify him but these human beings are so much worse than he was. At least he had a good reason to feel as strongly as he did. And Hachi himself was a really good boy who I think just happened to have Arlong and the crew as nakama. Fish men have to look out for fish men and even then Hachi doesn't hate humans, he made friends with Zoro temporarily and he's trying to atone for his support against Nami and her town. Now he begs Luffy not to fight back, it's his fault Camie is put away, it's his fault Nami's tragic past took place, it's his fault they are in this situation to begin with so don't get yourselves killed over me was the kind of mentality I got from him. But, Hachi my friend, you simply fueled Luffy's fight for you even further. :)

The way he angrily stomped towards Charloss before punching his lights out was so wonderful. It really reminded me of a Robin-esque, "why the hell should I listen to you?!" moment. He listened to Hachi but he doesn't agree with him. He will save Camie and fight for them even if it means fighting the world. Holy cow! I would think Luffy would do no different but it was still amazing!

And interestingly, now Law and Kid have a very good idea on what kind of person Luffy is. LOL!

Where do they go from here? First issue is to save Camie. Perhaps they can rush her and threaten for the key before the navy arrives. From there though... this arc is just going to get more crazy.

link9us said:
I liked how luffy did not hold back at at all either. Given the that he is just a normal human with no abilities or powers what so ever. He still hit that fucker with all his might. Way to go luffy!!!

I didn't even think of it like that LOL! That was a punch that would launch a warlord and he used it on a snot nosed brat.
Mar 12, 2020 9:40 PM

Nov 2018
Such a satisfying punch, definitely got what he deserved. I wonder what the repercussions of his punch are.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time πŸ™πŸ™
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Aug 2, 2020 11:43 PM

May 2016
Hachi expressing all of his regrets when he got shot by that irredeemable bastard made me feel so sad, damn. I know that the fishman's had his redemption already thanks to his friendship with Camie but it's still quite something that I almost cried over a former member of the Arlong Pirates of all people.

Luffy punching that Celestial Dragon was seriously one of the most satisfying moments in this series! At this point, I don't give a shit on whether an Admiral charges to Saobody since most of the archipelago's inhabitants would be able to run away before the Marines start doing some real damage not to mention the vile things they've deemed acceptable over there. The Straw Hats will definitely take care of all of this with or without the help of the other Supernovas!

Aug 5, 2020 9:20 AM

Mar 2020
What an epic punch!

Feeling kinda bad for Hachi, all he wanted was a peaceful life and forgiveness from Nami. I really hate the people of Sabaody Archipelago man, not only for Fishmen discrimination but even human trafficking
Aug 5, 2020 9:39 PM

May 2020
I knew Zoro and Luffy would have used brute force to get Camie back!!!

Hatchi :(((

I fucking hate that Celestial Dragon guy!!!! He's literally a man child.

Hatchi just wanted to help other out as much as he could and make amends with Nami because he was a changed man. He even looked out for Luffy and stopped him from making any drastic moves that could have gotten Luffy in more trouble even when he was bleeding to death.

I feel like the animation has gotten better recently as well. Seeing Luffy connect a punch to that Celestial Dragon guy was the most satisfying thing I've seen so far in this arc! The Straw Hats need to stop holding back and show off to all of these high bounty pirates how much of a threat they are!!

Btw I just noticed but when did Luffy have an arm tattoo? He is starting to resemble more of Ace!
Aug 15, 2020 2:42 AM

Oct 2019
The most satisfying ending to a One Piece episode ever. Jesus Christ, i hate these three world nobles.
Thanks Luffy!

- ✼ -

πŸ‘ hyped for 2022 lockdown πŸ‘
πŸ‘ all good things come in threes πŸ‘

- - ✽ - -
Aug 23, 2020 12:45 AM

Mar 2017
holy shit bro , that punch deadass jus made me nut myself
Sep 14, 2020 9:07 AM

Dec 2007
didn't thought that luffy would punch such a weakling powerful punch, but it was great.

but he ran too much on the stairs xD

poor camie...
Sep 30, 2020 2:55 PM
Nov 2019
This episode had my tears flowing. I'm so happy Luffy punched that Celestial Dragon with all his strength. The racism towards fishmen adds a whole new layer to Arlong and his crew. I wonder what Law and Kid's reaction will be to Luffy's actions. Garp is on the way too, right? These next few episodes are gonna be crazy!
May 17, 2021 11:09 AM
May 2012
That punch is one of my favorite moments in this series.
May 26, 2021 8:37 AM

Jun 2019
Luffy's punch turned anime into manga. Poor Hachi... :'(
Jul 6, 2021 1:54 AM
Aug 2020
JaDeAiz said:
That arsehole had it coming!! Epic punch ! Priceless !
It was Indeed priceless. I love this ep too much.
Aug 10, 2021 10:50 AM

Aug 2021
Such a great episode damnnnn

The suspense the soundtrack the animation all top class

The punch was epic another one of my fav moments in the series so far!!!!
Aug 15, 2021 9:38 AM
May 2020
THAT PUNCH WAS ORGASMIC UGHHHHH YES LUFFY
Mar 22, 2022 3:14 AM
Jul 2018
Really great episode that last punch was just amazing the Animation was really great too
Mar 30, 2022 12:44 AM

Dec 2012
YES LUFFY!!! For all of the nobles & royalty in that room, he was the only one to act like a true King. That pathetic celestial tadpole will kneel to the future King of the Pirates.
Apr 17, 2022 6:34 AM

Oct 2019
Ohhh yeah!!!! What a damn punch straight at face i love it

Btw y they always have to brust in every time =-O anyway thats cool actually

“If you want to know who you are, you have to look at your real self and acknowledge what you see.”
- Itachi Uchiha

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” — Albert Einstein

Apr 19, 2022 3:21 AM

Oct 2020
MOST

SATISFYING

PUNCH

SO

FAR !
Jun 17, 2022 3:57 PM

Jan 2021
Let’s fucking gooooooooooooo I’m so glad Luffy punched that celestial fat fuck
Aug 9, 2022 12:00 PM
May 2022
Loved the look on Luffy's eyes as he was approaching that guy to smack him at the end of the episode
Aug 24, 2022 12:31 PM

Apr 2018
I am in tears! Luffy throwing that punch was so satisfying!!!
Sep 9, 2022 10:54 AM
May 2021
That's Luffy

The idea of buying friend what a stupid plan (disgraceful)
Who cares if an Admiral came after them, they're already a criminal who has escaped a Buster call with 5 vice admiral. Don't make stupid plan Nami.
Oct 16, 2022 6:52 AM
Sep 2020
5/5,That entire sequence brought a tear to my eyes not becoz he is going to die or anything,i knew he wouldn't but the thing is

Luffy delivered with that satisfying punch

The last time i genuinely teared in one piece was in Alabasta arc

Is this the turning point of the story .....

Becoz i am loving so far..
Dec 13, 2022 1:09 PM
Jul 2021
belo soco pelamor de deus pqp caralho
Jan 7, 2023 9:22 AM
Feb 2022
En toda la jeta. Y la sacaste barata gordo de mierda.
Feb 24, 2023 12:00 PM
Aug 2020
most satisfying punch of all time.
Feb 25, 2023 4:14 PM
Dec 2022
Ω‡Ω†Ψ§ Ψ±Ψ§Ψ­ يΨͺغير Ω…Ψ¬Ψ±Ω‰ Ψ§Ω„Ψ§Ω†Ω…ΩŠ ΨͺΩ…Ψ§Ω…Ψ§ Ψ¨ΨΉΨ― Ω…Ψ§ Ω„ΩˆΩΩŠ ΨΆΨ±Ψ¨ Ψ§Ω„Ψ³Ω…Ψ§ΩˆΩŠ Ψ§Ω„ΩƒΩ„Ψ¨
Mar 7, 2023 12:34 AM
Jun 2022
hachi noo πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”
May 6, 2023 4:14 PM
Jun 2020
GET REDUCED TO MANGAAAA PANNNELLSSSS
Jun 5, 2023 8:02 AM
Oct 2019
YES!! PUNCH THAT SHITTY LOOKING MF!!

Luffy doesn't give a fck!!
Jun 30, 2023 12:01 AM

Mar 2020
SATISFYING PUNCH!! JUST DIE YOU DEVIL PIG!
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Jul 9, 2023 11:38 PM
Jan 2023
esse soco pqp eu ate pulei da cadeira que episodio foda do caralho
Aug 4, 2023 10:48 AM

Oct 2019
TOTALLY DESERVED THAT PUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Sep 30, 2023 12:37 PM

Oct 2015
(le epic guitar solo)
ONE PUUUUUUUUUNNNNNCCCCCHHHHHHHH!!!!

Was NOT expecting that!
Oct 29, 2023 12:07 AM

Mar 2017
Yeah there’s no way Luffy wasn’t gonna lay the smack down on that Celestial Douchebag. Most satisfying punch I’ve seen in a while. Felt some Gurren Lagann vibes with that scene. Go LUFFY!!
Nov 15, 2023 4:48 PM
May 2021
sabaody é muito foda estou PULANDO na minha cama PULANDO estou me tremendo
Jan 1, 6:12 PM

Dec 2022
This is one of the few times we see Luffy completely furious. But oh was that punch satisfying but it will have serious consequences.

Apr 24, 12:15 AM

Dec 2022
just fucking amazing man just fucking incredible
May 11, 11:24 AM

Apr 2024
Man can't believe I teared up because of Hachi of all characters, but damn that punch was the most satisfying thing ever after seeing so much discrimination and just downright inhumane cruelty. Though, i can't imagine the troubles that's going to come after this.
very sleep deprived
May 14, 12:47 PM

Jun 2017
they tried to make it as sentimental as possible but honestly i don't feel a thing for Hachi.He and his brethren had the same modus operandi as the celestial goons.Atleast the latter doesn't hide how disgusting they are .Arlong dangled a carrot in front of villagers only for him to crush it passively .Pure evil.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1108 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 8

42 by kyledluffy »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 545 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WolfWood37 - Apr 29, 2012

53 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 544 Discussion ( 1 2 )

mikey625 - Apr 21, 2012

53 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1085 Discussion ( 1 2 )

anime-prime - Nov 25, 2023

92 by OddlyCasual »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 678 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunyRem - Jan 17, 2015

143 by Kurusu_kun »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.