Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 28, 2009 8:06 PM
Nov 2008
I really enjoyed this series. I can't wait to check out the 2nd season. Let me know what you though of it!
Jul 28, 2010 5:47 PM

Oct 2009
I really just crossed my hands as soon as I understood what was going on in the second season. I then proceeded to turn it off and delete all the files. It didn't have what I wanted. Something very unique that was in the first season. Maybe I was also a little affected by everyone's opinion.
Jul 28, 2010 5:52 PM

Dec 2007
Second season was fantastic.

Though that's only if you prefer plot and story over artwork and animation.

If the only thing you liked about Gunslinger Girl was the artwork and animation, then do not watch it.

If, however, you care to see what fate awaits the Padanian terrorists or to see a little more into the Social Welfare Agency, then assuredly you will enjoy Teatrino.

Personally, I like both season equally. The first season was a better character study, but the second actually managed a plot and had a fantastic conclusion.
Jul 28, 2010 6:03 PM

Oct 2009
... You know, maybe I should give it a proper try. I judged the first episode a little too fast; it looked so much like a filler (or a poor remake), and I had extremely low expectations for the plot. I just hated the art and the opening. I'm surprised to see myself so intolerant. o_o
Jul 28, 2010 6:21 PM

Dec 2007
No way! You couldn't possibly have hated the opening! While "Tatta Hitotsu no Omoi" will never match the somber (yet still somehow optimistic) "The Light Before We Land", it's still a very, very good song. Perhaps the problem you had was the really drab animation that the opening had for the first half of the series?

When Artland actually managed to finish the OP animation, I think the the end result fits the series quite well.

Jul 28, 2010 7:18 PM

Oct 2009
Wow, it feels like the first time I've heard it. It is quite nice, actually. Hm, I think my problem was how they didn't use another song of The Delgados, and how some of the characters were close to unrecognizable.

That new opening animation is much better than the first half!
As much as I am fond of the world in Gunslinger Girl, I must watch this, after all.
Mar 20, 2011 6:06 AM

Feb 2011
I loved everything about the first season. The story line, the concept, the relationships between the girls and their handlers - and yes, the action and the artwork. The story in the second season is okay, but it's very different. The focus is no longer on the girls, and the dark and sad elements are missing. But the animation and artwork are so truly awful that it really distracts me. Overly long stills, badly drawn characters, and long sequences where the only thing moving is one person's mouth. I really wasted my money buying this.
It would have been very difficult to come up with a sequel as good as the first season, but this doesn't even come close.
I don't like the opening and closing music much, either, and they didn't even bother with animating them. Bleah.

There are two types of anime - almost as good as Elfen Lied, and not as good as Elfen Lied.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gunslinger Girl Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Piroko - Jun 12, 2008

59 by RGreatDanton »»
May 22, 1:33 AM

Poll: » Gunslinger Girl Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Piroko - Jun 12, 2008

52 by RGreatDanton »»
May 22, 1:21 AM

Poll: » Gunslinger Girl Episode 1 Discussion

Piroko - Jun 12, 2008

49 by RGreatDanton »»
May 21, 10:12 PM

Poll: » Gunslinger Girl Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

whalegatorz - Jan 21, 2010

69 by maki_evergarden »»
Feb 3, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Gunslinger Girl Episode 11 Discussion

blackfeather_58 - Aug 27, 2008

45 by maki_evergarden »»
Feb 2, 3:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.