Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tsubasa Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 25, 2009 8:05 PM

Dec 2008
Fai said:
KuroRinX said:
I've meant curse, the one that Fei Wong Reed put on him.
The curse make him kill anyone with stronger magical powers.

Because logically, it was one-time curse,

Ashura even took Fai with himself, to make sure that the curse is used on him and not someone else.

I also think that even with half of his magic...I think Fai is still stronger..

Plus I would think that the curse won't work anymore without his magic (after giving it to Yuuko)....

Mar 26, 2009 5:25 AM

Jul 2007
robbydesu said:

Plus I would think that the curse won't work anymore without his magic (after giving it to Yuuko)....

Erm no. With half of his magic, he would have

If the curse was still there, with half of magic, he would have gone berserk upon Ashura. If curse was more than one-time, after giving up his eye this episode, he would have slaughtered everyone there.

Giving the magic away to yuuko does not change a thing, since its not the magic which is cursed, its the magic user himself.

Fai is still cross-classed Mage/Vampyre, its just that he has zero mana capacity for time being.

So the only plausible explanation to that and to fact that Ashura took Fai in, is that the curse was one time.
Mar 26, 2009 5:29 AM

Sep 2007
co_flame said:
From memory, pretty much 4/5ths of the celes arc is flashbacks of fais past, and that doesn't make for an exciting enough story to market. It makes sense to just provide flashbacks of celes, even though we did miss the majority of the Ashura/Fai/Kuro fight. However, I can't help but feel for the poor viewers who don't know what happened in the infinity arc, must be so confusing for them.
These DVDs come with the manga, they don't need to market anything..I'm sure fans of the manga would want the complete story animated, as I do.
Mar 26, 2009 6:58 AM

Dec 2008
Fai said:
robbydesu said:

Erm no. With half of his magic, he would have

Oh riiiight I totally forgot~ Damn, you can't blame me, it's been so long since Infinity and Ceres

I don't quite get your point about Fai getting a curse one time...I thought that was obvious, even for me XD
Mar 26, 2009 9:55 AM

Mar 2008
Wow, well I had near to no idea what was going on (I haven't read the manga)
But wow...seriously eye candy....I LOVE IT!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2009 10:21 AM
Mar 2009
KuroRinX said:
Something don't make sense to my.
When Fai gave his source of power to Yuuko he make himself weaker so now Sayorne, Kurogane, Sakura Tomoyu and even Mokuna have more spiritual/magic power then him so why the course doesn't start and make him want to kill everyone?

I believe that the curse broke after he had stabbed Sakura. I think the curse was a onetime deal. FWR placed that curse on Fai in order for his plan to go the way he wanted but C Sakura interfered with that plan causing Fai to "kill" her instead.
Mar 26, 2009 11:51 AM

Dec 2008
Hesteen said:
KuroRinX said:
Something don't make sense to my.
When Fai gave his source of power to Yuuko he make himself weaker so now Sayorne, Kurogane, Sakura Tomoyu and even Mokuna have more spiritual/magic power then him so why the course doesn't start and make him want to kill everyone?

I believe that the curse broke after he had stabbed Sakura. I think the curse was a onetime deal. FWR placed that curse on Fai in order for his plan to go the way he wanted but C Sakura interfered with that plan causing Fai to "kill" her instead.

Yes that sounds right!! I think I'm starting to remember~ *points to her previous post*
Mar 29, 2009 11:22 AM

May 2008
I finally got my hands on the subbed version. *have been away during the weekend*

I still think that the manga is better for many reason, it dosn't skip anything of the important plot and it doesn't stupidify the KuroFay moments that are in it.

But I am still very happy with the episode, even though I am a bit sad that they skipped the Celes ark, I do want to see Fay's backgrund animated. Oh well, I guess it could be worse x''D
Mar 29, 2009 2:55 PM

Sep 2008
I loved it!! :O I can't wait for next episode!

*^*Random Rant*^*
Mar 31, 2009 2:57 PM

Aug 2008
Very good! Continue the series please!!!!
Apr 1, 2009 10:38 AM
Feb 2007
I have to say, this episode has left me totally confused. I didn't read the manga, so I basically didn't understand what the fuck happened here. Can someone plz summray what happened in between the last ova and this one?
10X a lot :)
Apr 1, 2009 11:14 AM

Aug 2007
bini said:
I have to say, this episode has left me totally confused. I didn't read the manga, so I basically didn't understand what the fuck happened here. Can someone plz summray what happened in between the last ova and this one?
10X a lot :)
Well, you should read the manga. The OVA's are (almost) true to the manga, so ofcourse you'll miss a lot of info, chapter and arcs... Previous arcs were about Ashura-ou, the curses of Fai and Kurogane and some other arcs that are still coming.

Loved the Fai punch.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Apr 1, 2009 1:35 PM
Feb 2007
what are the chapter numbers?
Apr 1, 2009 3:28 PM

Dec 2008
bini said:
*giggles* read all of it XD!
Apr 1, 2009 11:48 PM

Jul 2007
bini said:

Chapters from 136 to 167 is what they skip this time.

167 would be the start of Shunraiki, while 135 was the end of Tokyo Revelations
Apr 1, 2009 11:48 PM

Apr 2008
Within the first few seconds, i was like "huh? am i missing something?" .. i thought it was an odd place to start, even though i did understand why they started there. Anyway, i think i need to reread those chapters after tokyo to familiarise myself again xD

btw, start from volume 18, c136 .. that's right after the tokyo arc.
Apr 3, 2009 1:12 AM

Mar 2008
aww read all of the manga :P

soo much better then the anime..
anyways i wanted to see Fye's story animated..
i cried like crazy in that part of the manga T_T
No matter how many breaths that you took, you still couldn't breath.
Apr 3, 2009 5:22 PM

May 2007
God, I fucking love this series.
Apr 8, 2009 9:28 PM

Oct 2007
I thought this was great.

While I'd like to see Infinity and Celes, the fact that the DVD comes with the manga assumes the viewer has familiarity with the series up to that point, so it makes sense for them to animate more recent things. I have no issue with that.

Apr 9, 2009 3:43 PM

Nov 2008
tsubasalover said:
Suu said:

kurotsuki said:

The only minor disappointment I had was fight scene length as well. Part of me would've liked more of that fight, but I liked all of the stuff that they included aside from that, so I felt like it all balanced out.

So far.... this made a better impression on me than the first Tokyo Revelations OAD did. Anyone else?

And

http://www.youtube.com/v/z9r1QXAr2OI&rel=1&rel=1">http://www.youtube.com/v/z9r1QXAr2OI&rel=1&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

http://www.youtube.com/v/2TtTaAOG5vI&rel=1&rel=1">http://www.youtube.com/v/2TtTaAOG5vI&rel=1&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

did vietnamese people also made this anime? i saw some vietnamese names in the credits.
Apr 10, 2009 5:58 PM

Dec 2008
In my honest opinion, instead of making OVAs that skip large and vital aspects of the series, the creators should have just created a third season. Nevertheless, it is good to see the return of the crew again. ^.^

I'm going to assume that the second part of this OVA will mark the end of the anime completely. I wonder how the final duel with the two Syaorans will turn out. I do agree with most of the users here who claimed that the length of the battle between Seshiiro and Syaoran was too short. They should've extended the length. But I suppose the creators wanted to focus more on Syaoran's battle with his other half than anything else. I'm looking forward to it. :]
~ SilentMuse, At Your Service. ~
Apr 15, 2009 2:00 AM

Jul 2007
SilentMuse said:
In my honest opinion, instead of making OVAs that skip large and vital aspects of the series, the creators should have just created a third season. Nevertheless, it is good to see the return of the crew again. ^.^

The "tv series" are beyond salvation to have a third season.

Its either OVA format or complete remake. they chose OVA for now. who knows what will await us in future

SilentMuse said:

I'm going to assume that the second part of this OVA will mark the end of the anime completely. I wonder how the final duel with the two Syaorans will turn out. I do agree with most of the users here who claimed that the length of the battle between Seshiiro and Syaoran was too short. They should've extended the length. But I suppose the creators wanted to focus more on Syaoran's battle with his other half than anything else. I'm looking forward to it. :]

Assuming it will follow manga just like Part 1 did, no it won't be the end...
Apr 16, 2009 12:37 PM

Sep 2008
Whoaaa it was amazing ^.^
I wanted Infinity, but it's not bad XD
I want more!~!
oxo.anime.xox.manga.oxo.
Apr 16, 2009 8:13 PM

Dec 2008
Fai said:
Assuming it will follow manga just like Part 1 did, no it won't be the end...

I meant the "end" for the anime altogether. Not the "end" for the manga or the plot itself.
~ SilentMuse, At Your Service. ~
Apr 23, 2009 2:27 AM

Apr 2009
I just watched it and I LOVE it so much. ^^, I expected a lot more but I'm satisfied with it. The battle scene is pretty fantastic too.

♥♥ Ahhh.. Kurogane and Fai moments. I think I'm gonna explode. ^^, *squeal*

Apr 29, 2009 8:30 PM

Oct 2008
Animation was a bit off at moments but what the heck, it was freakin' awesome! XD
May 5, 2009 10:01 PM

Oct 2007
It was great.

I like to see another part of Tsubasa animated.
May 29, 2009 3:21 AM

Apr 2008
woo ... love this xD nice story plots

Jun 3, 2009 1:26 AM

Feb 2009
Fai and Kurogane...goodness.

Fai gives up something, Kurogane follows suit. Then Kurogane gives up something and Fai follows suit.

I think Fai gave up A LOT since the beginning. =[

But I agree, I love their moments and Kurogane taking his own arm off? Epic win.
Jun 3, 2009 6:15 PM

Feb 2008
It was pretty entertaining, however... I really hate it when OVA's like this have "flashbacks" to scenes that have never been seen before. For people who have read the manga and know those certain scenes, this is probably less of a pain, but to a lot of people who only just watch the anime, certain flashbacks in this OVA, have never occurred at all during the first two seasons.

Then again, I.G. didn't produce the first two seasons, so I can kind of understand why, but it's still a real bummer... It really reminds me of what School Rumble San Gakki OVA did in an attempt to just "skip over" lots of content, and conclude the series.
Jun 9, 2009 7:21 AM

Jul 2007
yaHzee said:
It was pretty entertaining, however... I really hate it when OVA's like this have "flashbacks" to scenes that have never been seen before. For people who have read the manga and know those certain scenes, this is probably less of a pain, but to a lot of people who only just watch the anime, certain flashbacks in this OVA, have never occurred at all during the first two seasons.

Thats because the makers of the OVA(along with majority of trc and clamp fans) assume that the horrendous TV series were never made and make this OVA as an extra for manga readers. ;]
Jul 30, 2009 9:44 AM

Jul 2009
Ok so I'm guessing I have to read the manga to find out what happened with Fay and his king...other than that it was a good episode - not as good as Tokyo Revelations but that'd be pretty hard to beat :P
Aug 6, 2009 12:56 AM

Mar 2008
Fai said:
yaHzee said:

Thats because the makers of the OVA(along with majority of trc and clamp fans) assume that the horrendous TV series were never made and make this OVA as an extra for manga readers. ;]

They never did and never will Fai. Sorry to disappoint you.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Jan 19, 2010 11:10 PM

Dec 2009
Simply amazing OVA
Jun 11, 2010 9:05 PM

Nov 2008
It a great adaptation. It has the same quality as Tokyo Revelations but it lacked great music to go along with it.
Jan 16, 2011 12:51 AM

Aug 2010
*sigh* If only they had animated the Infinity and Celes arcs, they were so fantastic in the manga. I adore Fai, and the story focuses on him so much in those arcs, makes me sad they didn't animate it. :(

Plus C!Sakura really grows into a strong character in the Infinity arc, I would have liked to have seen that.

Jan 22, 2011 1:12 PM

Dec 2010
kiwigreeneyes said:
*sigh* If only they had animated the Infinity and Celes arcs, they were so fantastic in the manga. I adore Fai, and the story focuses on him so much in those arcs, makes me sad they didn't animate it. :(

Agreed, i do wish they animated it, But none the less amazing OVA, and awesome animation, they truly got it on the money this time around and as i keep watching it i can't help but feel amazed at this OVA series.
Nov 30, 2011 2:37 AM

Feb 2009
Why cant we have an entire TV Series of TRC like it should be? Argh.

Anyway, it's amazing how much material is intertwined in this OVA and its xxxHolic counterpart. Great stuff.

I dislike CLAMP concept of Fate in this universe, but the quality of their storytelling can't be denied. As well as the memorable characters in both storylines.
Dec 16, 2012 11:48 AM

Mar 2010
awesome 10/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2016 9:31 AM

Dec 2014
Well made OVa... so many feelings boiling up
Aug 8, 2016 1:11 PM

Apr 2014
Wow why couldn't Production IG main have made the entire anime rather than their shit subsidiary Bee Train. Tokyo Revelations and this are infinitely better than the first 48 episodes. This is such a good story but Bee Train fucked it up

Jan 11, 2023 8:18 PM
Dec 2015
I am beyond confused
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » How would you rate the opening of Tsubasa: Shunraiki ?

KingSunWukong - Dec 21, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 21, 2023 3:00 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Tsubasa: Spring Thunder Chronicles Episode 2

KingSunWukong - Dec 12, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 12, 2023 2:39 AM

» What to whatch

Superstes - May 8, 2020

1 by MiMiXSheShe »»
Nov 16, 2021 2:28 AM

» Story status of OVA

the_seventh_l - Oct 25, 2008

29 by Alpha_99 »»
Mar 15, 2018 12:12 AM

Poll: » Tsubasa: Shunraiki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - May 15, 2009

85 by Venom900 »»
Dec 15, 2016 9:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.