Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2007 2:02 PM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
lol watched one ep and will drop it. not my kind of show. 8D please no comments of 'lol you haven't seen to heart' or anything similiar.
Feb 9, 2009 11:26 AM

Jun 2008
lol you haven't seen to heart

To Heart >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> To Heart ~Remember My Memories~
Mar 27, 2009 9:27 AM

Oct 2008
So I started this series earlier today. I wasn't a fan of the first series but I though they might improve on the 2nd one and so far I'm dissapointed.

Since there is a year between the series how come there hasn't been any development between Hiroyuki and Akari? Is she just going to follow him everywhere In hopes that one day he'll realize why she follows him everywhere. And why the hell is he so hung up on a robot? Does he have machine love fever or something? I'll probably watch a few more episodes but a this point it doesn't look promising.

Apr 5, 2009 6:12 PM

Dec 2008
Well I guess I disagree with most of you. I loved this anime! I was a big fan of the first season and the second season didnt let me down. Putting a robot in the mix made it different from some of the anime I watch.
Apr 21, 2009 3:34 PM

Mar 2009
Very good 1st impression/ introduction. That means gain my interest to watch next episode. I hope next episode will be more dramatic, romantic and also aspect less on school life/ school daily activity.
Aug 24, 2009 3:59 AM

Jul 2007
wtf happened to the art? looks like crap :/

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 26, 2009 7:37 PM

Nov 2008
It'll never come close to the original To Heart, but I thought it was a decent way to pass some time.
Jul 2, 2010 7:15 PM
Oct 2009
Can I say cliche? First they change the art completely, which by the way, it looks terrible (I mean, their faces are deformed and Hiroyuki's hair was changed to black. WTH?) And now they use a total unoriginal idea. Ooh, so exciting, Multi has amnesia. Where have I seen this before? And I swear their skirts got shorter.
Sep 26, 2010 6:53 PM

Jun 2007
Kotori said:

Sent with Mal Updater
To Heart ~Remember my Memories~ is the perfect example of why people who say "I don't like pre-2000 anime because the art is bad" have the wrong idea. Because in this case, 1999 cel animation >>> 2004 digital animation.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Everything that connects to MAL
Dec 30, 2012 6:07 PM

Mar 2012
A very good Harem :-)
Jun 22, 2016 1:20 PM

Aug 2013
Zalis said:
Kotori said:

Sent with Mal Updater
To Heart ~Remember my Memories~ is the perfect example of why people who say "I don't like pre-2000 anime because the art is bad" have the wrong idea. Because in this case, 1999 cel animation >>> 2004 digital animation.

I 100% agree, but as you said - in this case. I was shocked when I was watching first To Heart, it looks just awesome.
I prefer in general classic animation techniques. Even that with digital support. But I love the art from ~2002-2008 the most. Especially character design. They were able to blend hand drawn animation with 3d environment, so it looked like fully hand drawn in most cases. Now 3D is used almost in every anime which annoys me the most.

PS I think that most of people who says that they don't like art style from pre 2000 don't really mean the art, but character design. I don't like character design from pre 2000 at all, but To Heart had totally different character design than most of productions in those years. Same goes to Evangelion for example, it was outstanding.

PS2 this season still looks good enough for me. Not that good like 1st of course (not even close), but comparing to anime from nowadays... Well, it looks just good.
rsc-plJun 22, 2016 2:02 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 16, 2023 7:13 PM

Jul 2020
Well, not a bad first episode. Like others have said, it’s cliché, and the art is a downgrade, but the music is arguably even better than before, and the final scene of the episode was so well done. I doubt it can compare to the original but I’ll give it a fair chance.

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

More topics from this board

Poll: » To Heart: Remember My Memories Episode 13 Discussion

rsc-pl - Aug 7, 2016

3 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 19, 6:32 PM

Poll: » To Heart: Remember My Memories Episode 12 Discussion

rsc-pl - Aug 7, 2016

1 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 19, 5:07 PM

Poll: » To Heart: Remember My Memories Episode 11 Discussion

rsc-pl - Aug 7, 2016

1 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 19, 3:51 PM

Poll: » To Heart: Remember My Memories Episode 10 Discussion

rsc-pl - Aug 7, 2016

1 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 19, 2:32 PM

Poll: » To Heart: Remember My Memories Episode 7 Discussion

Shiro- - Apr 2, 2016

2 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 18, 9:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.