Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2014 10:52 PM
Mar 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Poor Sumizome, Keiko won't accept chocolates from anyone.
Jan 15, 2014 10:59 PM

Nov 2011
So much feels and it's Valentine's too..
Jan 16, 2014 4:43 AM

Jun 2013
alexpte said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Poor Sumizome, Keiko won't accept chocolates from anyone.

I didn't care for their attitude towards Keiko. You cant force your feelings onto somebody. In fact Inari was kind being a brat trying to force Keiko to accept the Chocolate without ever bothering to think how she felt. So Keiko has to accept the chocolate according to Inari because apparently on Sumizome's feelings are important. Even Sumizome, what you just magically thought it was going to work out. Whether its a straight or gay couple, it has to be mutual affection, and she just thought about it from her side. I mean did she not even think in the slightest it would make the other person feel uncomfortable.

Quite frankly Keiko handheld it as well as possible, she basically turn her down without having her lose face. I don't know what more you could want.
Jan 16, 2014 9:37 AM

May 2013
Someone decided to steal Inari's valentine chocolate. I feel bad for Sumizome.
Jan 16, 2014 3:02 PM

Jul 2010
babymilo91 said:

Do we know that was someone else, or was it Inari taking them somewhere? I initially thought that it was indicating that she was going to take them somewhere else and NOT give them to Tanbabashi, but your post made me look again...

Looking at the earlier section, it must be the light-haired girl that was talking with Tanbabashi on page 9 (and talking with her friends about making chocolate for him) and then was blown off by him on page 10 when he was looking for Inari, then caught the attention of Sumizome when she was watching the two of them talk in the hallway... I don't recall seeing that girl before this chapter...

I feel for both Sumizome and Keiko. Keiko is hurting because she can't tell the person she likes about her feelings, since she knows that Inari doesn't swing that way and is, hopefully, on the verge of success with the guy she is crushing on. Sumizome is in a harder spot, because Keiko can't get past Inari and won't even give her a chance. It is only natural for Sumizome to want to express her feelings to Keiko, but Keiko is too conflicted about her own feelings to be able to deal with anything other than her own feelings. Since she already knows about Sumizome's feelings, I don't see why she is so dead-set against having them out in the open? Does she think that they can't be friends if she tells her that she only sees her as a friend? I guess that is why she has never told Inari about how she feels...
Jan 16, 2014 5:56 PM

Jun 2013
zensunni said:
babymilo91 said:

Do we know that was someone else, or was it Inari taking them somewhere? I initially thought that it was indicating that she was going to take them somewhere else and NOT give them to Tanbabashi, but your post made me look again...

Looking at the earlier section, it must be the light-haired girl that was talking with Tanbabashi on page 9 (and talking with her friends about making chocolate for him) and then was blown off by him on page 10 when he was looking for Inari, then caught the attention of Sumizome when she was watching the two of them talk in the hallway... I don't recall seeing that girl before this chapter...

I feel for both Sumizome and Keiko. Keiko is hurting because she can't tell the person she likes about her feelings, since she knows that Inari doesn't swing that way and is, hopefully, on the verge of success with the guy she is crushing on. Sumizome is in a harder spot, because Keiko can't get past Inari and won't even give her a chance. It is only natural for Sumizome to want to express her feelings to Keiko, but Keiko is too conflicted about her own feelings to be able to deal with anything other than her own feelings. Since she already knows about Sumizome's feelings, I don't see why she is so dead-set against having them out in the open? Does she think that they can't be friends if she tells her that she only sees her as a friend? I guess that is why she has never told Inari about how she feels...

We must either be reading two separate manga or you got on the strongest pair of Yuri goggles and are high on some kind of gas.

Keiko is not gay, at least she has done nothing to be depicted as such, and no she does not like Inari in a romantic sense. She views her as a friend. For Christ sake did you not read this chapter, she turned down Sumizome because she views her as a platonic friend, she did not even consider that another girl could like her.

So yea I feel sorry for Keiko, but because people like you are trying to label her as something she is not.

I don't feel sorry for Sumizome, because Keiko has done nothing to indicate she would swing that way, nor do I find it plausible that she would think that. And even on the close to non existent chance that the girl she randomly decided to crush on would actually end up being gay, the chances she would be gay and reciprocate her feelings are even more unlikely. She honestly, if she was not sure should have tried to find some other way to confirm, rather than going outright and giving her chocolates in front of everyone else.
Jan 17, 2014 2:15 AM

Aug 2008
Plus for anime if they really make Koyasu voice Uka's brother.

As a side note, kind of weird to see the tomboy be the only reasonable girl around.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 17, 2014 10:19 AM

Jul 2010
krownklown said:
zensunni said:

We must either be reading two separate manga or you got on the strongest pair of Yuri goggles and are high on some kind of gas.

Keiko is not gay, at least she has done nothing to be depicted as such, and no she does not like Inari in a romantic sense. She views her as a friend. For Christ sake did you not read this chapter, she turned down Sumizome because she views her as a platonic friend, she did not even consider that another girl could like her.

So yea I feel sorry for Keiko, but because people like you are trying to label her as something she is not.

I don't feel sorry for Sumizome, because Keiko has done nothing to indicate she would swing that way, nor do I find it plausible that she would think that. And even on the close to non existent chance that the girl she randomly decided to crush on would actually end up being gay, the chances she would be gay and reciprocate her feelings are even more unlikely. She honestly, if she was not sure should have tried to find some other way to confirm, rather than going outright and giving her chocolates in front of everyone else.

I have thought, from the first couple of chapters, that Keiko likes Inari. You can't say that Keiko has given NO indication that she may swing that way, since it was made very clear that Sumizome thinks that Keiko likes Inari. If she thinks that, it IS an indication that she thinks Keiko is the type of girl who likes other girls. (You can't say that she hasn't been thinking that!)

I guess all of the indications that she has a crush on her best friend could be wrong, but not likely, since the story already includes one yuri side plot.

BTW, I totally forgot about the girl whose letter blew away that Inari shape-changed into in order to convey her confession to Tababashi! That is the girl who stole the chocolate, even though Inari eventually told her that she told Tababashi about her feelings and she thanked her for being brave enough to convey the feelings of another girl to the guy she likes.... (Back in the 20s, chapter wise, on the school trip.)

I don't believe I forgot about her! That story line was about 1/6th of the manga so far! Monthly mangas are such a pain! I'm gonna have to re-read the whole thing... After the anime is over.
Jan 21, 2014 1:41 PM
Dec 2007
krownklown said:

I don't think there's anything stupid about giving valentines chocolate to keiko, I mean it could always be accepted as friendship chocolate that girls give to other girls and it's not like sumizome knows that keiko knows this means more to her than just friendship.
Perhaps sumizome planned to confess with the chocolate, but you can't blame anyone for trying to confess. Sure, confessions might be uncomfortable and awkward for the one being confessed to, but that's how things work both for hetero and yuri.
viMALJan 21, 2014 2:11 PM
Jan 21, 2014 6:15 PM

May 2011
krownklown said:
I didn't care for their attitude towards Keiko. You cant force your feelings onto somebody. In fact Inari was kind being a brat trying to force Keiko to accept the Chocolate without ever bothering to think how she felt. So Keiko has to accept the chocolate according to Inari because apparently on Sumizome's feelings are important. Even Sumizome, what you just magically thought it was going to work out. Whether its a straight or gay couple, it has to be mutual affection, and she just thought about it from her side. I mean did she not even think in the slightest it would make the other person feel uncomfortable.

Quite frankly Keiko handheld it as well as possible, she basically turn her down without having her lose face. I don't know what more you could want.

I did feel strange about the whole chocolate situation. But I don't think Inari was trying to make Keiko pretend she had feelings or anything like that. Inari did say, "You could at least let her tell you how she feels!" Which I take to mean, she wanted at least some kind of closure for her friend. So Keiko could tell her in return how she did or didn't feel instead of all this dodging around. So that maybe they could get past this and see if there can still be a friendship.
Oct 1, 2016 3:29 PM

Mar 2015
Years late but was just reading through this thread and i have to say this.

No one is forcing Keiko to be together with Akemi, they just want her to let Akemi confess her love. If someone likes you and confesses to you what you do is hear what that person has to say and politely decline or accept. You do not avoid the confession.
Apr 28, 11:05 PM

Jun 2017
Reply to Gaporigo
Years late but was just reading through this thread and i have to say this.

No one is forcing Keiko to be together with Akemi, they just want her to let Akemi confess her love. If someone likes you and confesses to you what you do is hear what that person has to say and politely decline or accept. You do not avoid the confession.
@Gaporigo Agree! The way she acted out like that was very rude.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. Chapter 50 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2015

41 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 29, 1:56 AM

Poll: » Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. Chapter 48 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2015

5 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 29, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. Chapter 44 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2015

7 by -Arhael- »»
Aug 12, 2023 5:57 AM

Poll: » Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. Chapter 35 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

7 by -Arhael- »»
Aug 11, 2023 7:08 PM

Poll: » Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. Chapter 29 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2013

8 by -Arhael- »»
Aug 11, 2023 5:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.