Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 8, 2013 6:48 AM

Jan 2012
I was just wondering if this continuation is worth watching if I didn't really enjoy the first season.
Dec 8, 2013 6:53 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Refrain is to Little Busters what After Story was to Clannad, I.E. dramatic and heartbreaking rather than mostly comedy

You might as well wait the three remaining weeks before it's finished and try it afterwards when we actually know if they're able to pull off the crazy emotional climax or not
Dec 8, 2013 6:57 AM

Dec 2012
Personally, I think it is. The problems that were present first season have been fixed now and the drama has taken a MASSIVE leap forward. I'd say, give it a go and see how it goes.
Dec 8, 2013 7:26 AM

Jul 2010
HaXXspetten said:
Refrain is to Little Busters what After Story was to Clannad, I.E. dramatic and heartbreaking rather than mostly comedy

^ Like he said, also unless you try it you'll never know.
Dec 8, 2013 7:49 AM

Nov 2010
Depends on why you didn't enjoy 1st season. Do you watch the entire season 1? Do you like other KEY anime? Do you like any particular character? etc.

If you don't enjoy season 1 AT ALL even at it's highest peaks (end of Mio arc for my earliest example), there's a decent probability that even S2 is not made for you. If you drop S1 at 3rd episode (for example) you may not have even taste enough sample. If you watch two or three arcs and think "it's okay, but I was expecting more" then you probably could dig in for a treat.

Little Busters actually had a pretty complex plot that actually require your attention although it's already an "easy mode" if we are comparing it to the VN. However I don't think you will enjoy it if you don't really like any character in it.
Dec 8, 2013 8:11 AM

Sep 2011
I'd say give episode 1 a try. It shows how the mood starts to shifts good enough, and I've seen quite a number of viewers post about how convinced they are to watch the show in the discussion thread. Of course, if you still don't like it, you can probably drop it. I do think you should finish the story because this season will tie up everything unanswered in Season 1 of the show. Many VN players also didn't see what was so good in Little Busters! until near the end of Refrain, so that wil most likelyl apply to the anime too. Extremely mediocre/bad start to a stunning finish. Also, keep in mind that this season is probably better to marathon because of how the story works that may frustrate you (though I think episode 10 is far enough to keep most people interested).
OLHeartsDec 8, 2013 9:25 AM
"Now's the time for you to run towards the day you awaken from this dream."

~Boys be Smile
Dec 9, 2013 5:55 PM

May 2012
No, if you did not enjoy the first season then do not watch the second season...

Maybe if you explained what genre/ Archtype of the show you did not enjoy then let us know so we can give you a better answer.
Dec 9, 2013 6:01 PM

Oct 2011
The first season was pretty average for me. Meh but it has its moments sometimes. But I really enjoyed Refrain this time. I think you might like it.
Dec 20, 2013 10:40 AM

Mar 2012
I am in agreement in regards of "it depends on what you didn't like about the first season." If you didn't like the comedy, then no worries because the comedy almost goes completely out the window with Refrain. Refrain is so drama-heavy that it'll make you forget there was any comedy in it in the first place.

If you didn't like the characters, particularly the main Little Busters (Riki, Rin, Kyousuke, Kengo, and Masato), then I would skip it. Refrain particularly focuses on that core group of characters...well, other than Yuiko for a few episodes.

If you thought the production was kinda cheap, especially in comparison to the Kyoto Ani/Key Holy Trinity (as Arkada likes to put it), then no worries because the production elements of Refrain are FAR superior to the first season. I'm guessing they had just as big of a budget to do a 26 episode series and put it in a 13, because the production elements (animation, music, etc.) is like night and day compared to the first season.

I'm sure everyone else has made quite obvious by now, but Refrain is FAR more dramatic than the first season. If you wanted more drama out of Little Busters, this has it and you must watch this even if you didn't think the first season was that good, because it essentially takes everything you thought you knew about the first season and throws it out the window.

Ultimately, I'd say go ahead and wait a few more weeks for the anime to finish and I'd say give Refrain at least 6 episodes. Much like how it took Clannad: After Story a little bit to take off, so does Refrain. It gets off to a somewhat slow start in my opinion (I generally didn't care for Yuiko's arc in the first 3 episodes), but it really goes places from there.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

539 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Vladz0r - Dec 21, 2013

372 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

352 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

230 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

186 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 8:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.