Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Which Season did you prefer overall?
Nov 26, 2013 12:54 AM
Jan 2013
I felt the urge to express my thoughts after Completing Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen yesterday, I must admit I prefer this season over 1 and 2 because of more dramatic scenes as every episode was done pretty well. I enjoyed season 1 and 2 of TWOGK but it felt repetitive as it was only focused on a girl due to a trapped soulless demon then after it was the same outcome and the story wasn't developing any further. I was surprised when I had done some research and found out sales weren't that great for S1 +S2 so my assumption is lack of story.

Time to discuss about "Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen", I heard they had to miss out many scenes from the manga just to fit into 12 episodes and I must admit it was done brilliantly as everything was explained clearly with no confusion. I love how Haqua becomes a main character for a change since I had been a fan of HaquaXKeima when she was first introduced at S2 but I don't mind if its Kanon,Shiori or Elcia. Time to explain the bad points,I thought the ending was a bit disappointing as it seems like they rushed it by cutting soo many scenes,for example the battle between Vintage vs present demons battle did not last even 2 minutes which was such a shame as I hoped it would last a longer duration.

I believe the relationship between Keima and Chihiro is an misunderstanding because Keima wanted to know if a godness does exist within Chirihro but doesn't realise Chihiro had 0 godness in her until at the bench scene when Keima nearly kissed her. Keima was "SUPRISED" that Chirihro was the first girl to have a crush on him with no memories of previous history so if another girl confesses to him he would be acting in the similar way. The last episode when Chihiro asks Keima, What the reason for the date was then Keima replied just to get revenge which we all know it wasn't his true intentions but REMEMBER Keima's objective is to conquer all girls and become a harem King so he could end up with a few girlfriends :) so if Keima ended up with Chirhiro then I can tell the story wouldn't progress any further plus he doesn't want to involve her into dangerous situations such as Kanon.

The conclusion is I do assume there will be a season 4 as Keima's objective isn't completed because there is still many soulless demons still lurking around and he needs to conquer more girls to break the collar on his neck.Lets not forget about Keima's teacher as we don't know who she actually is and the Boss of vintage yet so we might see him/her in S4 or OVA.I think an OVA will get released first then S4 or depending on the sales of Blue-ray/DVD. I do hope Season 4 wouldn't follow the same path as S1+S2 or else it will start to become boring with repetitive scenes. Overall TWOGK is now my favourite anime series after 3rd Season enlighten my heart
Oct 2, 2022 6:16 AM

Aug 2020
Season 3, no doubt. It turns up things more than a notch, connects events from the past to the present, and has lots of strong scenes. But the first and second season were amazing too. I'd rate season 3 a 9.5 and season 1 and 2 get 8.5 or 9.
Oct 24, 2022 8:29 PM

Apr 2020
I liked the game-side of the series. Season 3 really did progress the story and make it into a bigger deal, and I think it did that well. But I feel like season 2 is an upgraded version of season 1, maybe it's mostly because I prefer the three heroines of that season. I like the student-teacher, the karate heroine, and CHIHIRO! Now that I think about it, I guess sesaon 3 was better because it connected the past episodes well, yet it equally relied on them including the OVAs. I also think the gal-game mechanics were well explored in season 2. Season 2 is sweet and dense, true to its core.

I liked all the heroine characters, but some of them were certainly way more developed than others.
For season1 , best girl for me would be either Shiori or Kanon.
For season 2, best girl for me would be Chihiro, but the other two heroines (teacher and karate) are close equals and almost just as good as Chihiro. I like Chihiro because she is something like an "equal opposite", similar to the MC in not being similar.
Season 3 and the OVAs leaned even more to certain characters like Chihiro. I think Diana was also my favorite Goddess. But...Chihiro just gives off a "oozara subaru" vibe, at least 10% of the way there.

Honestly I thought the MC would end up either with Gal-Game supremeacy ending as it seemed to be only true ending since the beginning of the story, or just another harem which would be cool enough yet I doubt he'd have "appreciated" that. Yet, (SPOILER) the show didn't go that route and I am so glad that the MC finally received his fair share of "character development"...in the sense that he felt pain in his kokoro from pure love from the real world.
ow + nw = 90-2000s

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ermeson16 - Aug 26, 2013

156 by brunoyilli »»
Feb 19, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2013

302 by brunoyilli »»
Feb 16, 1:00 PM

» Chance of "TWGOK" season 4? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

no_soj - Sep 23, 2013

235 by Loguse »»
Dec 23, 2023 5:59 PM

» Continued chapters?

Mang_David - Oct 5, 2023

1 by Onedux »»
Oct 5, 2023 6:49 AM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ermeson1996 - Sep 23, 2013

433 by waalex11 »»
Sep 13, 2023 2:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.