Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 28, 2013 11:28 PM
Mar 2013
ParaParaJMo said:
Takamura was just copying what Hawk said.
Of course he was, but he still meant it which was the funny part ^^
Nov 29, 2013 7:20 AM
Sep 2010
Does anyone know where to find the OST that was played in the alley? That was badass...
Dec 1, 2013 6:47 PM
Jul 2018

SENDOU'S BACK!!! :3
Ippo's new enemy is kinda out of control. O_o
Dec 6, 2013 5:20 PM
Sep 2012
Akanezora said:
jeggred51 said:
Hello guys
End of the this episode i heard a song and starts like flesh and blood ....
anbody knows name of song?
thanks

The song is not out yet, it will comes out in December 18 along the album OST. So, we'll have to wait patiently.

Dec 30, 2013 1:09 AM

Jun 2008
Lol, exactly the kind of stupid shit you will expect from Takamura.

Btw it's funny people failed to notice that the two Aoki fans look like him when he was in his too slim too fat mode.

So Ippo is facing a maniac. Well that will be dangerous as fuck since this guy doesn't give much shit about playing dirty but if he wins against this guy then he can finally look for bigger things than just defending his title since other boxers would stop thinking his so easy to counter.

sensual_benny said:
Why is Miyata not among the list of challengers Ippo was given to choose from? Surely he would've chosen him instead if he was included, and it's already been established that his coach is issuing challenges to Makunouchi. Alright, Genji is protecting Ippo from Miyata... but then wouldn't he also want to protect him from Sawamura, who is being established as an equally threatening counter-puncher?

Obviously the real answer to these questions is just that the Miyata-Ippo fight never ever happens (right?), but it just feels a little bit inconsistent that Ippo isn't pursuing it at all when it used to mean so much to him. Whatever though. I guess the managka decided there was no satisfying way for it to go down and so just kind of hid from it, and if that's his decision I guess I'll just trust he knows what he's doing.

I don't think Miyata is issuing challenges to Ippo at the moment. Miyata has his own title to defend etc and that title is considered better than Japanese champion, it will be very counter productive to challenge him. If a fight between the two of them where to happen then what title will they fight for anyway?
I assume those challenges were in the past when Miyata asked Ippo why he was avoiding him etc.
Dec 30, 2013 7:52 AM
May 2007
THey were challenging Ippo for Ippo's title. Kamogawa in the manga explained either before or after the Shimabukuro fight that because Ippo is a "cheese champion" that he didn't allow Ippo to fight Miyata.
Mar 24, 2014 2:08 AM

Jun 2009
Hey Sawamura. You can still press charges even though you can't speak, idiot.
Apr 1, 2014 1:01 AM

Mar 2012
Dam Sawamura looks even crazier than Hawk did >,> Also, I F#CKING KNEW IT that Takamura was gonna try to pull off Aoki's move when he said he'd ended without getting hit once xD Silly Takamura is silly, but still badass when he's serious as shown by how he beat the hell out of that fella.
Jun 19, 2014 9:29 PM

Dec 2012
That was some dark shit! I have a feeling this new guy is a thread away from being a murderer.

Great episode and great use of the soundtrack once again, I'm excited to see what Ippo has planned!
Jul 4, 2014 9:43 AM

Jun 2013
How the fuck is he not in jail?
Aug 15, 2014 11:39 AM

May 2012
Pretty nice development, I really wonder how the match is going to look like! So let's see what's next.
Dec 28, 2014 2:16 PM

Mar 2010
Takamura is always someone I looked forward to seeing.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 7, 2015 12:32 AM

Jul 2012
I like the OST they played when Takamura punched the guy. Pretty epic haha.

I'm looking forward to this upcoming fight. Ippo and Sawamura and complete opposites. If the reason why they didn't let Ippo fight Miyata is because of counters, then why are they letting him fight Sawamura? Did I forget something?

ParaParaJMo said:
well, i hope the anime doesnt skip around too much and doesnt skip his back story with how he ended up so crazy and obsessed with meat. also, i hope they dont skip why him and sendo know each other. the anime already skipped ippo's build up to his fight with shimabukuro and how aoki created the look away.

Yeah, I thought the Ippo vs Shimabukuro fight was lacking in backstory. I might go look over the manga..
May 25, 2015 8:39 PM
Jan 2012
great episode. Sawamura his meanly or only good rival.
Nov 4, 2015 1:06 AM
Nov 2014
Loved the OST when Sawamura was on the screen, very fitting. Finally, an Ippo fight that got me hyped in a long time since Hawk vs Takamura.
Apr 1, 2016 2:23 PM

Aug 2013
Holy shit, I can already tell Sawamura is a fucking amazing character. Dude looks like a more sinister and creepy version of Hawk. That OST when in the alley, and the Comedy/Tragedy shadow when he was on the motorcycle was perfectly done. Guy is like a freaking vampire.

This will definitely be Ippo's best fight
Jul 5, 2016 1:28 PM

Jan 2013
Like a mini Japanese Bryan Hawk.
Jul 6, 2016 7:24 AM

Jan 2016
OK WE GET IT he's "EVIL" no need for these edgy scenes and that dumb music jesus fuckin christ
Jun 9, 2017 11:54 AM

Mar 2013
Lmao Takamura copying Aoki secret move. That guy is seriously legend XD

And new rival is introduced. I wonder how it plays out :O
Aug 16, 2018 8:31 AM

Mar 2017
Takamura was hilarious as always, and I find it funny how Aoki recruited some random losers. But I don't like this trend of making enemies as evil and assholish as possible... I felt Takamura's title match in the last season would have been better, too, if Hawk wasn't such a freaking despicable monster. And now it seems like they are going even more overboard with this dude... it just doesn't feel realistic.

Nov 29, 2018 4:21 AM

Oct 2012
Those discount Aoki(s), what a perfect lackeys for Aoki xD

Hey Takumi you're supposed to be delivering tofu and beat them with your racing AE86 car
Oh wait wrong anime

Ippo's face when talking about Miyata xD

Sawamura eh, looks like a horrible person and perfect stepping stone for Ippo
Finally an opponent for Ippo that we can't feel bad for when he lost!
Rayl1ghtNov 29, 2018 4:28 AM
"Signature removed"
Jun 18, 2019 10:24 AM

Jul 2015
Sawamura seems like a real challenge, can't believe Shimabukoro got beaten like a rag doll. How the heck is this guy not caught by the police.

Mar 20, 2020 9:26 AM

May 2015
New chalenger is the real creep.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 8, 2020 9:28 AM
Nov 2018
Ippo should stop Miyata's dick suckery xD

and we got another overconfident fool
Jan 13, 2021 10:57 AM

Nov 2016
It was indeed cramped in that room..

The introduction of team Aoki and Sawamura, Ippo's most terrifying opponent. It's just a shame that some backstory was cut, even tho I can understand because I think most people would be put off if the build up for the match would've been a few episodes longer.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 8, 2021 12:47 AM

May 2016
I can see why Takamura decided to move up a notch despite already getting a world title. He's not the sort of person to have the patience to defend a title belt from opponents out of his league for long and it definitely looks like he'll be able to have a lot more fun fighting boxers in higher weight classes since it'd be a lot more unpredictable.

Aoki better get his groupies into shape because their character designs are as grotesque as it is funny. At least Itagaki had the decency to look decent and even Geromichi didn't look that bad.

It's definitely a first for me to see such brutality from a boxer in this show and that's saying something considering Bryan Hawk just appeared at the previous season. If Ippo doesn't think of a way to counter counter-punches, he's pretty much fucked. I can also imagine Miyata being furious once he finds out about Ippo's decision to fight Sawamura. Kamogawa declined so many challenges from him on Ippo's behalf yet he ended up accepting the challenge from an out-boxer much scarier than him.

Aug 16, 2021 8:02 PM

Aug 2018
damn, he is dangerous. Hes clearly much stronger than Ippo.

Dec 14, 2021 2:48 PM

Dec 2007
from some reason that KO by sendo didn't felt so much, hmm, dramatic? tense? interesting? it was pretty plain lol.

takamura and his stupid ideas lol.

sawamura surely brings new vibes to the anime.
the OST followed it well.
Jan 11, 2023 6:22 PM

Apr 2022
never expected takamura to copy aoki AND FAIL LMAOO.
sawamura has the same VA as urahara and i like that, the ost tho. mans evil as hell.
Mar 24, 2023 3:30 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Great. Another random featherweight boxer out of nowhere whose suddenly top 5 in the rankings and going to give Ippo a hard time 😑

It’s getting a bit old. I wanna focus on the top tiers like Sendo, Miyata, Martinez etc etc etc

Yo Takamura using Aoki’s move this ep was gold though 🤣 and I’m keen for him to take on all the weight divisions!! What a beast
a0o-kunMar 24, 2023 3:36 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

shyuga8499 - Nov 9, 2013

70 by Meritas »»
May 25, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Daipyon - Oct 12, 2013

80 by Meritas »»
May 11, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ValeBreck - Oct 5, 2013

158 by Meritas »»
May 11, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2014

164 by KingAFONY »»
Apr 29, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

weiss - Oct 19, 2013

75 by Ukkaz »»
Apr 19, 10:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.