Forum Settings
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 17, 2013 1:25 AM
Mar 2012
I know I'm probably a few years late, but I recently had the time to sit down and attempt to catch up to the Sword Art Online light novel series. First thing I'd like to mention is perhaps the story for this arc, which deviated from the serious life-or-death battle royales from the previous volumes, and instead brought in a completely different life-or-death concept. Full Dive technology is expanding outside of gaming into the medical field, and more of the real world is getting involved.

Yuuki Konno was the perfect character to play the role of the tragic heroine, riddled with a history of bad luck yet can smile like an angel. The ending was so tearjerking, I couldn't help but stop multiple times to dry my tears. I'm pretty sure my feelings are being properly conveyed, but I'd like to say how I thoroughly enjoyed and loved reading this volume, each page a masterpiece in itself. I'm depressed to see Yuuki go, but she died happily with friends all around her.

10/10
-Karoshi-Jul 11, 2014 4:04 PM
Oct 4, 2013 3:58 AM
Nov 2012
Although I will say that this volume was a bit cliche - even with that - the writter didn't fail to make it a huge success. It was really well written and even I was getting the feels near the end. Especially when all of ALO comes to see Yuuki goodbye. The writter finally did expand out the virtual world and even linked the previous stories together with it. I can finally see why Kagaya did on what he did. Hopefully they will go in dept about Kagaya and everyone and not just focus on the game, or take it side by side.

9.5/10
Oct 13, 2013 12:50 AM

Sep 2008
2deep4me...but great
entauri.deviantart.com

Aug 16, 2014 7:01 PM

Jan 2014
Kirito is not that bad-ass anymore...because of this arc...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Aug 16, 2014 10:04 PM
Mar 2012
DeadZeroSource said:
Kirito is not that bad-ass anymore...because of this arc...
He gets defeated in a fight the reader never saw and he admitted he wasn't fighting with all his strength. He also saves Asuna and co. before the boss fight.
Apr 2, 2016 1:36 PM
Jul 2018
Why did I skip this volume? Why am I so stupid? Thankfully I decided to read it even though I already knew everything that was going to happen it was just as impactful as the adaptation (actually even more).
Asuna finally a backstory and plenty of development in this arc, Yuuki was a really likeable character and I loved her interactions with Asuna, this arc is a complete masterpiece, my favorite arc from SAO, the ending left me in tears and the Asuna vs. Yuuki fight was EPIC - Volume score: 20/5.

More topics from this board

» Stuff that made you lower your score/rating? [Spoilers]

Kazu-chan-san - Feb 17

7 by RobertBobert »»
Feb 18, 10:26 AM

» Still feels rushed

Cneq - Nov 14, 2022

7 by Saynarra »»
Jan 19, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Volume 4 Chapter 9 Discussion

Shadow_Strider - Dec 4, 2012

2 by eleonora_43 »»
Oct 14, 2023 4:23 AM

» Continue the LN after the last season

baltazak - Apr 5, 2023

2 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Oct 13, 2023 2:52 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Chapter 2 Discussion

Kiba_Senpai - Nov 27, 2022

0 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Nov 27, 2022 4:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.