Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2013 3:54 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
lol @ Monk brother + two fellow monks (lol @ what heroine said, too, same thought) as intro. trio.

So it was to introduce them in this ep., as Monk brother inviting everyone to his religious festival, which is near one of the houses. Juri's been forgotten. lol @ Hikaru. Ehhh~~~ Fuuto is there for lie, too! EHHHH~~~ one of the monks is Ishida-san? Very deep saying from that another monk. Fuuto is pissed at what she is being honest. And visiting her parents' tombs.

Eh~~~ Hikaru keeps records of the arguments between the brothers.

Looks like Wataru gets more appearance next ep?. and monk brother as end card.
tsubasaloverSep 3, 2013 3:59 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 3, 2013 6:20 AM

Jun 2008
Why does Ishida's grandma voice have to ruin the episode fo me OTL
The end was kind of funny, well, until I heard Wataru's voice, that is. Although his face didn't look as bad this episode (but there were some times when Ema's lips looked strange. When they were in the car, for example).
Sep 3, 2013 6:39 AM

Aug 2009
daww~ what they did for her at the end Q u Q
Sep 5, 2013 5:36 PM

Dec 2008
There is no way I'm going to be convinced that Kaname and those other two guys are really monks. I'm sure they're hosts at a club with a temple theme.

I always felt that Fuuto was an ass, but a rapist too? Well, at least he didn't follow through with it...this time.
Sep 5, 2013 5:55 PM

Aug 2011
I really doubt fuuto was going to rape her, the most he'd do is kiss her. Anyway, I enjoyed this episode :D
Sep 5, 2013 7:15 PM

Jul 2012
A bit disappointed in this episode, especially with the almost-rape scene between The Lil' Shit and Ema. Even if it's not rape, he was trying to strip her... This kid's what, like 15? O_o

Junichi Suwabe Kaname's voice is hot as usual. Enjoyed that scene. At least it wasn't a lip on lip kiss.

I'm finally pulling my guilty pleasures past and noticing the shit failures this show has. The big question is mainly, what is so special about this girl that makes thirteen boys turn their heads around and go doki-doki? I still don't understand it. Maybe, Yuusuke likes that kind of girl, but for all thirteen? Hmm. Hmm.
Sep 5, 2013 7:43 PM

May 2011
Lmao, Club Buddha. I don't like Fuuto but I'm glad he stopped himself before she had to wake up and do anything. >.>;
Sep 5, 2013 10:25 PM

Sep 2010
I wish one of the other brothers would have caught Fuuto and beat the crap out of him. It'd be funny if it was Louis who did it, but anyone would have been fine. XD
Sep 6, 2013 1:21 AM

May 2010
Tbh, I think this episode was really nice, and funny. One of my favs. I esp. loved the Natsume and Ema moment. Natsume choked, and Ema blushed, so awesome!
Sep 6, 2013 3:12 AM
Jul 2018
Club Buddha? It was like a host club full of Buddhists ^_^''

This episode seemed rushed since the characters art looked pretty bad in some scenes.
Sep 6, 2013 9:19 AM
Sep 2012
I liked the little opening this time a lot. Poor Juli getting left behind. Maybe he can hang out with Yusuke. Ukyo, good job for using the frying pan on Kaname. Hikaru is my favorite brother now. And who are Natsume and Azusa trying to fool after such reactions to Hikaru’s questions? Gosh, Wataru after all that sugar, you should be glad that you only had to go to the bathroom that long. Ema got some advice from Kaname’s fellow monk and it looks like she plans to use it. Futo is still creepy as who knows what. I do have to wonder how Hikaru is doing the scoring for the Brothers Conflict though.
Seriously where is Iori though? There’s not giving characters the same amount of time, but he’s not even in the show.
Sep 6, 2013 2:00 PM

Feb 2012
Lol the Buddha bro needs to stay away from her seriously.
Sep 6, 2013 3:06 PM

Jul 2012
Great episode!!!
Sep 7, 2013 10:54 AM
Jan 2013
Good thing Futo didn't went through with his planned rape of Ema.
Sep 7, 2013 11:16 AM

Jan 2013
Would have been more interesting if Futo went further.
I liked the after ED scene
Sep 7, 2013 6:49 PM

Jul 2013
RediceRyan said:

No way. If he did, he would get so many more haters. Hikaru is officially my favorite character. I love how he is so objective about this and ohmygosh the car scene. >~< I felt that the art was a bit more sloppy in this episode at times....guess they put too much money on the fanservice for the last episode. XD
shymel said:
I liked the little opening this time a lot. Poor Juli getting left behind. Maybe he can hang out with Yusuke. Ukyo, good job for using the frying pan on Kaname. Hikaru is my favorite brother now. And who are Natsume and Azusa trying to fool after such reactions to Hikaru’s questions? Gosh, Wataru after all that sugar, you should be glad that you only had to go to the bathroom that long. Ema got some advice from Kaname’s fellow monk and it looks like she plans to use it. Futo is still creepy as who knows what. I do have to wonder how Hikaru is doing the scoring for the Brothers Conflict though.
Seriously where is Iori though? There’s not giving characters the same amount of time, but he’s not even in the show.
I agree with every single thing this person said. Seriously, where is Iori. He is literally nonexistent. He probably has exams or whatever which is why he couldn't go but honestly, he needs to appear more. I like Ema more in this episode. She is voicing her opinion more. Go Ema! The opening is original and I love it. I kind of went "awww~" when Kaname gave Ema a kiss. Probably because he didn't seem to act so much like his usual playboy persona.
Sep 8, 2013 7:57 AM

Sep 2012
Hikaru needs more screen time, the car scene was so funny!
And what the hell was that with Fuuto?

livingdeadkat said:
I wish one of the other brothers would have caught Fuuto and beat the crap out of him. It'd be funny if it was Louis who did it, but anyone would have been fine. XD

THIS
It'd be awesome! LOL
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Sep 8, 2013 9:10 AM

Sep 2009
Haha, I like the opening. One of the best after Louis and Chi's opening in that last episode ^__^

RediceRyan said:

WTF? O.O Ewww... :(((
It's scary >___<
Eww, fuuto!! You should ***!!

shymel said:

I agree to this person too. He just said what I wanted to say :D
Sep 8, 2013 11:19 PM

Jun 2011
Watched 3 episodes and read through all the episode discussion, so it seems like everyone's in love with her for some reason, and Fuuto is a lil' rapist, whew, not sure if I should continue with this anime. Not to mention

And that's not cool. Where is my Subaru? Man had so much potential and was pushed to the sideline. Tsubaki's charm is in his non-seriousness, so if he ever get serious, I don't think I'd like him as much as I did, and <Tsubaki><Azusa> is better as a duo, instead of individual. Natsume's cool, but if he also falls for the girl, then I am speechless.

One downside of harem/reverse harem is, how unrealistically easy can they make many people fall in love with one people in such a short time. They should put up the fantasy tag, because it's no where near realistic anymore.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 9, 2013 3:46 AM
Mar 2012
Natsu12345 said:

One downside of harem/reverse harem is, how unrealistically easy can they make many people fall in love with one people in such a short time. They should put up the fantasy tag, because it's no where near realistic anymore.

Plot-wise, almost a year has passed in the series. She moved there sometime around September and this episode takes places sometime around July/August in the next following year so it is definitely isn't a short time. Though some brothers fall in love with her much faster than the others.
Sep 10, 2013 1:26 AM

Jun 2011
melina_putri said:
Natsu12345 said:

Plot-wise, almost a year has passed in the series. She moved there sometime around September and this episode takes places sometime around July/August in the next following year so it is definitely isn't a short time. Though some brothers fall in love with her much faster than the others.

Didn't notice that, thanks for reminding. Still, if you're with your sister for a year, with the mindset of "she is my sister", you'd think that falling in love with her is almost impossible, unless they have "sister complex" in their core. Not to mention, she's weak, and have no personality, the perfect girl for "I want to protect her, like a sister" material. It's more realistic for those who fell for her earlier on, because they did not have the strong "she is my sister" mindset yet, just a random stranger that became their sister, later on those who fell for her was just for the plot (reverse harem).
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 10, 2013 2:25 AM
Mar 2012
Natsu12345 said:

It's more realistic for those who fell for her earlier on, because they did not have the strong "she is my sister" mindset yet, just a random stranger that became their sister, later on those who fell for her was just for the plot (reverse harem).

The ones who seems really fall in love with her as a girl so far are:
1. Subaru, who never had much interaction with a girl before since he is focused on basketball.
2. Tsubaki, who has an imouto fetish.
3. Azusa, being Tsubaki twin he seems to share similar likes like his twin.
4. Yusuke, who already liked her since she is also his classmate before she became her stepsister
5. Futo is an actor and idol, who knows whether he is actually serious about her or just an act though it looks like he is somewhat serious about it based on this episode.

The other brothers are harder to see whether they actually liked her as a girl or not.
Hikaru only see her as interesting person who can cause conflict between his other brothers.
Louis definitely just see her as a sister.

And the rest? I guess they're in-between. They like her as a girl but not really serious as these five and they like her as a sister first rather than she is being a girl, though this status will probably changed in the next episodes.
melina_putriSep 10, 2013 5:09 AM
Sep 11, 2013 9:10 AM

Jul 2012
Natsu12345 said:

That's why they're called "anime" ^_^ Usually, reverse harem female leads are very generic and in real life, you would wonder why so many guys are in love with her especially when all of them are so different...but alas, it's not real.
Sep 12, 2013 5:34 AM

May 2013
Lol at the beginning scene! Kaname and his monk co-workers, Ryuusei and Chiaki.

Subaru has a choice between basketball and Ema. Hopefully, he makes the right choice.

Kaname is making his move. And so is Fuuto, but he's going a little overboard.

Lol at Hikaru during that car scene. So he's actually keeping track of everyone's points with Brothers Conflict.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 12, 2013 6:07 AM

Nov 2012
hmmmmmmm

Sep 12, 2013 12:13 PM

Jan 2012
e.e another episode of not-cross-dressing-cross-dresser... and still i'ts Hikaru who wins this episode.
Sep 22, 2013 6:43 AM
Mar 2012
I still find it surprising how many abuse and rape/nearly rape scenes with supposedly "good guys" animes have... If I'd want to oppress women, that's the way I'd do it.

And how they are all up and awake, but sitting around the table to wait until she comes and makes them breakfast. WTF?

Natsu12345 said:
One downside of harem/reverse harem is, how unrealistically easy can they make many people fall in love with one people in such a short time.
It could work if the girl had some kind of character/personality. But otome game girls are mainly just... stupid.

My problem with otome game adaptions is always that I stick around too long and then think "oh well, just a few more episodes anyway".
But I have to say I really like the hairdresser character. And Natsume.
Sep 30, 2013 12:36 AM
Aug 2011
None of these guys that are pushing 30 have a significant other? Oh otome games where everyone is magically single and lusting over the same high-school girl.

...and there goes that asshole trying to do things to her while she's sleeping.
Oct 11, 2013 7:07 PM

May 2012
The ending was quite nice, I actually quite liked this episode, lets see what's next!
Oct 17, 2013 4:30 AM

Jun 2011
mayukachan said:
A bit disappointed in this episode, especially with the almost-rape scene between The Lil' Shit and Ema. Even if it's not rape, he was trying to strip her... This kid's what, like 15? O_o

I'm finally pulling my guilty pleasures past and noticing the shit failures this show has. The big question is mainly, what is so special about this girl that makes thirteen boys turn their heads around and go doki-doki? I still don't understand it. Maybe, Yuusuke likes that kind of girl, but for all thirteen? Hmm. Hmm.

THIS.

I guess it's one of those animes that you really can't take seriously, but it's good for passing time? I doubt it has any rewatch value though.
Dec 7, 2013 11:11 AM
May 2012
shymel said:

Exactly what I am thinking though Hikaru is not my favorite brother but he is cool :D

That monk with the deep voice is awesome because what he said is really true.

There are so many wrong things in this Anime and I wouldn't bother to say it here because I am lazy. I'll just try to ignore it and enjoy this show :D

What they did in the end was sweet, letting Ema visit her parent's grave ^_^

Well, gotta sleep already because of school. I hope I can continue watching this show tomorrow.
Jul 2, 2017 8:59 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
average episode. But we are getting zo the end. Will there even be a winner?

May 14, 2020 11:57 AM

Dec 2016
That was a very nice gesture comming from the brothers TT^TT Emma is touched, and so am I.

Nice episode! Futo is so persistent! I was afraid he was going to attack Emma while she was still asleep x_x

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jun 4, 2021 5:03 PM

Jan 2021
I thought futon however you spell his name >.> was going to attack or do something to ema or emma
Jul 29, 2021 10:29 AM

Jun 2016
A rather normal episode, and then Futo tries to do something to Ema in her sleep. His character is the one I'm most confused about.

The No.1 monk bestowed Ema with some advice that she's taken to heart and replicated when Subaru asked about his future. Nice stuff.

Dec 17, 2022 7:48 AM

May 2015
The girl just wants to be a family with everyone, but it just gets creepier with each episode.

More topics from this board

» Ema ends up with...? (Spoiler)

MR_FURUKAWA - May 4, 2016

10 by superstaff »»
Feb 4, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Brothers Conflict Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2013

94 by DTBx91 »»
Nov 25, 2023 10:15 AM

Poll: » Brothers Conflict Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jul 23, 2013

92 by saraar »»
Sep 29, 2023 2:16 PM

Poll: » Brothers Conflict Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 2, 2013

184 by BL00DY_SLVT »»
May 21, 2023 2:46 AM

Poll: » Brothers Conflict Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jul 9, 2013

91 by ceylin_unal »»
May 2, 2023 1:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.