Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 2, 2013 6:22 PM
Nov 2012
I bet my ass that Chihiro triggered the loose soul's radar because she couldn't bring herself to give the gift to Keima:
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/317/the-world-god-only-knows_v4_ch28_by_red-hawk-scans/10

This face says it all: "I love you yet I'm humiliating myself over and over again .. rescue me":
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/317/the-world-god-only-knows_v4_ch28_by_red-hawk-scans/18

"You really don't know anything about love":
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/319/the-world-god-only-knows_v4_ch30_by_red-hawk-scans/17
"I'm actually in love with you .. but you won't notice since I'm too stupid to show it".
Sep 9, 2013 1:17 PM

Nov 2010
Actually I have pointed the first point before in several discussions at MAL, I also heard it first from someone in mangafox though.

Anyway, analyzing Chihiro's arc is pretty confusing. From what we could gather from now, she has liked keima even before the conquest. However, Chihiro's action and expression is very mixed. "Love Hate" emotion in animanga usually is very easy to be spotted. In animanga, girls with "love hate" emotion usually portray some irrational "tsundere-ish insult" to the one whom she likes, however in this case Chihiro several times was insulting keima with minimal guilt/blush portrayed in her face. That's uncommon in animanga.

Some "clues" that you have spotted, including few others such as some of her lines in the final moments before the capture, are contradicting some others that indicating normal responses. With assumtion that all of this were planned by Wakaki-san, it just made Chihiro into a very complex character.

I think we could use Chihiro's line at Goddess arc, that she wasn't really aware of her feeling to Keima at first. Put also the fact that she was having a pretty severe inferiority complex, I think it's possible that most of Chihiro's action in her conquest was born from a continous clash of her unrecognized attraction towards Keima and her inferiority problem. While we already know about that problem, analyzing every of her actions and reactions have been made very tricky because of this.

In the end, I guess she's the best representation of "real human" in TWGOK. Even her romance life is very human-like, complex and we can't even spot the exact time when she fall in love with someone.

Some other interesting things:
- Chihiro's conquest is the first time where captured girl made a significant reappearance, and it's Ayumi! It's also the first time when Keima questioning again if the girls are remembering the conquest or not.
- It's really tragic that Keima is the one who basically guarantee that "he will come and save her" whenever Chihiro lost faith in struggling for her wishes.

And he's also the one who have destroyed her little, dearest dream of "loving someone".
Sep 10, 2013 7:30 AM

Nov 2008
I don't even know why Chihiro was interested in Keima even BEFORE the conquest. It would be easier if it was during his conquest because in her arc because Keima did not conquer her. Keima only helped her. He only conquered her after the plan failed. That kind of event doesn't necessarily remove that kind of memory during the time he helped her. I thought Chihiro has memories before the boat scene but yeah Chihiro liked him even before Keima even helped her....

Real women are really unpredictable. xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Sep 10, 2013 7:32 AM

Nov 2010
DenjaX said:
I don't even know why Chihiro was interested in Keima even BEFORE the conquest. It would be easier if it was during his conquest because in her arc because Keima did not conquer her. Keima only helped her. He only conquered her after the plan failed. That kind of event doesn't necessarily remove that kind of memory during the time he helped her. I thought Chihiro has memories before the boat scene but yeah Chihiro liked him even before Keima even helped her....

If there's a kiss and loose soul escaping from host, it still counts as capture and memory wipe :p
Sep 11, 2013 4:41 AM

Aug 2012
DenjaX said:

QFT :(

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Sep 11, 2013 9:18 AM

Nov 2008
zeroyuki92 said:
DenjaX said:

If there's a kiss and loose soul escaping from host, it still counts as capture and memory wipe :p
If you read the manga, because they skipped this part and leaped to the goddess arc already:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ermeson16 - Aug 26, 2013

156 by brunoyilli »»
Feb 19, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2013

302 by brunoyilli »»
Feb 16, 1:00 PM

» Chance of "TWGOK" season 4? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

no_soj - Sep 23, 2013

235 by Loguse »»
Dec 23, 2023 5:59 PM

» Continued chapters?

Mang_David - Oct 5, 2023

1 by Onedux »»
Oct 5, 2023 6:49 AM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ermeson1996 - Sep 23, 2013

433 by waalex11 »»
Sep 13, 2023 2:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.