Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 30, 2015 2:27 PM

May 2012
There's a thing i don't really understand. Professor Takano says he is not affiliated with any research institution. How can he than be a professor? Is he simply a teacher? Anyone know what is up with that?
May 6, 2015 12:02 AM

Jul 2008
I'd feel sorry for Takano if she took her rage out on the people that scorned her but she massacres a town of people who did nothing to her.

And Hanyuu is finally in the fight. GAME ON!
May 28, 2015 2:06 AM

Feb 2013
Ok, what was with the *grandfather* hanging up on her like that? This little girl is in obvious distress, crying to him for help, and he just hangs up on her? What an asshole, idc if he did change his mind afterwards, hes a dick. Also how the hell did he even know where to find her lol?

It was nice to get some back story on Takano though, It made me feel pretty bad for her honestly. I'll also admit that I felt bad for the grandfather in the end there.

That after credits scene was also pretty interesting, Takano called Hanyuu the resident *god* of the village. So I guess this confirms shes Oyashiro then? Oh, and has Hanyuu always been able to manipulate objects like that? If so why didn't she help out earlier, like idk, when Takano was killing all of her friends? Did she just conveniently forget she could interact with things in the real world lol?

Well, at least shes finally starting to get involved.
Jul 25, 2015 9:40 AM

Oct 2013
Sep 5, 2016 9:49 PM
Nov 2010
Zell182 said:
Most of Takano's back story is fairly unbelievable such as the ridiculous amount of abuse in her care home (although I guess it would be the late 60s so who knows)

Unfortunately, it's not really that unbelievable. Orphanages in the *US* weren't much better than mental institutions in the '60s in some places, and it wasn't until the '70s that attitudes towards mental health and social services really started to change and many of those places were shut down. In '60s Japan, still recovering economically, culturally, and technologically from WWII, it's entirely believable that that type of physical and sexual abuse could have occurred (even notwithstanding dramatic purposes).

minouneetzoe said:
Did she got... raped? I don't know, that's what I got from bringing her to the toilet and the other men appearing....

That's the most likely interpretation. Sexual abuse of children in that situation would, again, sadly, not be unlikely.
Mar 29, 2017 4:42 AM
Nov 2015
WHY THE FUK WOULD THEY DO THAT TO CHILDREN? IT WAS SUCH A SAVAGE AGE I GUESS.
And not just 1, a whole bunch of despicable adults. Damn, sth like Monster's orphanage again.
Dec 28, 2019 7:23 PM
Dec 2019
Well at least we know why Rika keep fail to change her fate while she never realize against someone like Takano who fully ambitious to change her fate either but now Rika have a same spirit of fight as Takano, so this is the battle of fate between both of them.
Apr 24, 2020 4:09 AM

Feb 2018
Great episode. Looking forward to more, good luck Hanyuu.
May 7, 2020 10:06 PM
Apr 2019
The Wonkey editing continues but now we know where her wish for a god complex steams from. On top of that, im gonna guess all the guards from the POW camps of WW2 are working for that school; that sounds like a fate worse than death
May 28, 2020 11:29 AM

May 2018
Hanyuu about to go full on psycho xD
Jun 9, 2020 12:04 AM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
Shape430 said:
Ok, what was with the *grandfather* hanging up on her like that? This little girl is in obvious distress, crying to him for help, and he just hangs up on her?

I think she ran out of money for the call, though I guess we can't definitely tell.

Really, this episode goes to show that obsessive love is often more dangerous than hate. Too bad Takano never really learned how to properly love people again after her trauma.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Jul 17, 2020 10:49 PM

Aug 2018
I do feel bad for her and her "grandfather", and I also understand why she wants to avenge him and make him a "god" but that doesn't excuse her for killing the entire Hinamizawa. I still hate her.

Aug 20, 2020 8:24 PM

Jun 2016
Shape430 said:
Ok, what was with the *grandfather* hanging up on her like that? This little girl is in obvious distress, crying to him for help, and he just hangs up on her? What an asshole, idc if he did change his mind afterwards, hes a dick. Also how the hell did he even know where to find her lol?

Just finished reading this part of the VN (been watching the anime as I go through it), and in the novel it states that the time ran out. Payphones need more money if you want more time, and Miyo only had a ten yen coin.
And for your second question, he found out what orphanage she was sent to.
Sep 25, 2020 8:12 AM

Apr 2013
So... why exactly did she turn out evil? It seems like she did not really have a reason tbh, if anything she should be made about the people who trampled on her grandfather's research. Why kill the villagers???
Oct 28, 2020 7:59 AM
Oct 2019
More of Miyo childhood is revealed...
Also more info about Hinamizawa Syndrome Research...

The after credit scene showing showdown between Hanyuu & Miyo are just amazing!!!
Nov 12, 2020 5:09 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wriggling. What a great title to described these damn episode.

The life journey of a little Takano Miyo in term of changing her dark fate awaiting her. Losing parents at the young ages. Tortured at the young ages by crazy people, until forcefully challenge the God, that led her into a determined little girl with a lot of grudges over her minds. The grandfather who cares her so much, got dumped by those researcher groups that couldn't accepted his masterpiece research. She finally made her minds up, determined herself until the limits, study well to pursuit her grandfather's dream, letting him to be a God that could stand above everything, even using the wrong path to overcome the situations. Yeah, by using Hinamizawa Syndrome as a stepping stone, regardless of all the safety of the villagers, regarding the risk of the parasites, regarding the risk to be a villain for the whole serialization.

Thats a wriggling life, Miyo must be faces, at Higurashi's universe. What a deep meaning, she even didn't fear one millimeter against the local god. And, yes, its really happening until the next future of the others universe. Their oaths always became a reality, over the time and space, and became a massive headache sickness, for Rika and her friends at a certain parallel universe. Lol!
badabassNov 12, 2020 5:14 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 17, 2020 3:11 PM

Nov 2012

this seems a bit far fetched but ok then...
Nov 20, 2020 3:25 AM

Oct 2016
Takano, you damn pickle. How far Takano has fallen, what happened to making your grandfather God. I think originally she just wanted the world to know her grandfather's research but, along the way her goals became warped.

That post credit scene though, let's fucking go. I am loving it when people stand up to Takano like Rena did.
Dec 21, 2021 4:54 AM
Jul 2021
hanyuu's power of friendship vs takano/tanashi's strong will who will win ? lets find out
Dec 21, 2021 10:40 PM

Aug 2020
Okay backstory. I don't care much about her.

I liked the end credits. Game on.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Jun 7, 2022 10:50 AM
Nov 2020
Damn feel bad for her, but knowing she will end up killing many innocent people pushes me to not really feel bad for her.
Jul 17, 2022 4:11 PM

May 2016
Hanyuu Rage Mode? Hoo that was something nice to see for ones other than Narazuya Hanyuu.

I wonder when Miyo started going in wrong direction when her will was to make Takano be
remembered through his research.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.