Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2009 3:36 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
At last that fat emperor is dead. Wonder who that other kingdom is D:
Jan 22, 2009 4:33 AM

Aug 2007
Not a bad episode, this anime's turning out to be a little bloodier than I thought it would be. And Benawi's honourable side really showed through.
Oct 11, 2009 7:55 PM

May 2009
I definitely liked Benawi this episode. It was also nice to see that his friend was only beating people up instead of killing them :)
Yay for both of them surviving and being around to help out with new country.

And now the angel and demon look-alike people from the opening appear...
Mar 3, 2010 3:51 PM

Oct 2009
Well that was fast, but it looks like things are just beginning. It looks like the subject matter might take a different turn.

Did anyone notice the action sequences to be somewhat slower than usual? That was disappointing :/

And Benawi was so unpredictable in this episode, not so much in a good way. First he says he wants to die the honorable way and fight to the end, then he acts cowardly and almost commits suicide, a dishonorable way to die. Sure you could just say that he is a coward on the inside, but he does it so subtly that it's as if he just doesn't care about anything at all. It seems like he doesn't even know what he wants or possibly has multiple personalities...almost like an empty body the writers use to convey missing emotions. We need to see more of him, and it looks like we will.
May 3, 2010 6:22 AM
Nov 2009
It was a good episode, a shame that erurur let that stupid gay leave...he should die soon as posible !!

Atleast now ewani is in :D
Aug 5, 2010 9:52 PM

Sep 2008
Nice to see that the 2 battles in this episode recycled the same screens for Hakuouro and Oboro. Glad to see the tetris pieces from the VN though Nuwangi's fate was left too open as opposed to the VN.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2010 2:55 AM

Nov 2009
aero said:
At last that fat emperor is dead. Wonder who that other kingdom is D:

Have the same question.
Mar 19, 2011 6:39 AM

Jul 2009
Now i wonder, how did he even become emperor if he's like that?

Also, a country that's taken over in a rebellion due to 1 death & 1 imprisonment of its citizens, couldn't have had a very stable control before.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jul 1, 2011 1:07 PM

Sep 2008
Benawi's such a good guy. I, like others have said, particularly liked him in this episode... and I'm glad that he didn't become another pointless casualty.

I definitely didn't expect this struggle to defeat the fat emperor to be over so quickly... but it does make logical sense, since he was a horrid emperor. His troops were probably hardly motivated at all, since they had such a bad ruler behind their commander (Benawi) and the rest of the people in the country were super easy to unite since they were all eager to oust that emperor. I wonder if Hakuoro will make "Tuskuru", the new country, a democracy instead...? And I can't help bu wonder if Nuwangi will appear again.

And yeah, obviously there's something larger at play here. Still haven't found out who Takuoro really is, either. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the story unfold...
Apr 26, 2012 11:47 PM

Sep 2011
I cant believe they let Nuwangi go... I wanted him to die!

Their army would actually be really strong if they recruited both Benawi and Kurou. xD
May 6, 2012 6:38 PM

Jun 2010
Why was Nuwangi even in this series? He was a silly caricature from the start (making him an awful villain) and it's not even clear why Eruruu wanted to let him go unless it's out of a general distaste for killing; she seems to dislike him.

The last several episodes have been kind of dull; with all this war going on, there hasn't been anything going on emotionally as there was in the first few episodes, before the rebellion. Since this is based on a war game, I'm kind of worried about how much of the series will be like this.

-Celestial- said:
First he says he wants to die the honorable way and fight to the end, then he acts cowardly and almost commits suicide, a dishonorable way to die.

For the samurai (where a character like this is drawn; he was even called "samurai general") suicide wasn't dishonorable. In fact, dying rather than admitting defeat is the opposite.
Sep 1, 2013 6:58 PM

Nov 2011
Ah nice, so the war ceased this chapter. Time to break out the whiskey.
May 6, 2014 11:50 PM
Jun 2013
Im guessing she let the douch go since shes not a fan of killing and proboly what her grandma would have done.Im sure he will come back again hopefully not as a douchbag.These past 7 episodes have been awesome.We have had character development and some dang good action.All I can think is where does this show go from here.
May 31, 2014 11:31 PM

Aug 2013
We have animal ears and now we have winged people :D!

Yay for Benawi and the big dude joining them!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 2, 2015 12:53 PM

Apr 2014
Dropped after this episode since it's so boring.
I guess it's not my cup of tea.
4/10
Oct 6, 2015 7:41 AM

Jun 2008
A quick end to the silly emperor as expected considering how completely incompetent he was.

What rubbed me bad is that we basically had 5 episodes of rebellion and warfare but we didn't get anything out of it. The battles seemed silly and no strategy was ever really pointed out etc.

-Celestial- said:
Well that was fast, but it looks like things are just beginning. It looks like the subject matter might take a different turn.

Did anyone notice the action sequences to be somewhat slower than usual? That was disappointing :/

And Benawi was so unpredictable in this episode, not so much in a good way. First he says he wants to die the honorable way and fight to the end, then he acts cowardly and almost commits suicide, a dishonorable way to die. Sure you could just say that he is a coward on the inside, but he does it so subtly that it's as if he just doesn't care about anything at all. It seems like he doesn't even know what he wants or possibly has multiple personalities...almost like an empty body the writers use to convey missing emotions. We need to see more of him, and it looks like we will.

In the end he was kind of badly written. He had some silly sense of duty really.

Robbini said:
Now i wonder, how did he even become emperor if he's like that?

Threw inheritance really. That's how such people got there. Since they had riyal families etc and the position was inherited instead of won.
MonadOct 6, 2015 7:47 AM
Oct 9, 2015 1:23 AM

Jan 2011
The worst part about inherited power is that inevitably you'll get douche bags and crazies who inherit the throne, well that and the civil wars when you have disputed successions. When an incompetent emperor/king/queen inherits, it endangers the dynasty and the entire state. The same thing happens when the monarch doesn't do their duty and generate a healthy, sane, and competent heir.

As for Hakuoro, he now has to decide just who is to take charge of the new country, and based on the conversation of the winged folk, it looks like there might be an even larger political game to be played.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 9, 2015 3:56 AM

May 2014
aero said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
At last that fat emperor is dead.
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Dec 20, 2015 12:07 PM

May 2008
So this whole rebellion has lead to them taking over the main city. I just feel like the story could have been executed better, I mean from the grandmas death to suddenly going to this is pretty silly even though she was important member of the village, should have had more depth explained. I also felt that Hakuoro got in his position as chief along with all the responsibilities a bit to easy, he was a total stranger just of a span of lets say a few weeks or even days. Anyway looking forward to what happens now that these wings people are getting involved. I hope it improves tough although i do like it, I want more Erururururururururu!!! Haha
Dec 30, 2015 12:45 AM

Jan 2013
CG in anime in 2006 sure was bad.
Great episode though, so much has happened in the first 7 episodes.
Feb 8, 2016 6:57 AM

Sep 2014
Things sure have escalated quickly though, from Tsukuru's death to defeating the emperor.
To think a guy like that got to be the emperor, good riddance.
Glad that Benawi joined Hakuoro with the other dude.
Angel people yay.
Pretty enjoyable for an old series, hope Eruruu gets more moments though~
May 10, 2022 6:45 PM
Jul 2018
Things seem to be going by really fast. It's cute that Hakouro named his empire after Tuskur, although it's strange that they didn't shed light on what happened to Nuwangi after he was let go.
Dec 25, 2022 9:49 AM

Dec 2018
good for them, they finally did it! all because you picked on a granny lol. but what the heck was that ending?

More topics from this board

» I found an Hidden Gem

Naveen6662246 - Apr 9

7 by 0Unknown0 »»
Apr 10, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Utawarerumono Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

alert105 - Mar 23, 2008

108 by Strahan »»
Dec 9, 2023 7:58 AM

Poll: » Utawarerumono Episode 20 Discussion

aero - Mar 15, 2009

22 by Lolicon »»
Nov 7, 2023 8:52 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono Episode 4 Discussion

aero - Dec 27, 2008

21 by HagePotPotato »»
Apr 9, 2023 9:35 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono Episode 24 Discussion

aero - Mar 15, 2009

18 by fast2611 »»
Mar 8, 2023 8:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.