Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 4, 2013 5:13 AM

Feb 2013
Well since I saw that it has already begun in the comments and as a few weeks ago I wanted to talk about it, I thought it was a good occasion. I wanted to know what did you people think about Rewrite, your opinion, your best route, its comparison with other Key works. Indeed when I finished Rewrite, I was left with a very strange impression and I could not just let it like that.

WARNING WARNING WARNING ( there might be some spoil here )

My point view may be pointless but it might be a good start to discuss about this VN. First of all the context is important, I read Rewrite juste after Little Busters! and so I expected the same kind of thing. As I already saw in the comments, somebody told it was different, I have to agree here. Maybe because I expected it to be more LB like. I think Rewrite is more about the story than the characters. I read that Maeda Jun didn't take a role in the scenario, it might be a reason for that, honestly I do not know. I think the very good part is the common route, well it was one of the funniest thing I've ever seen thanks to the Tennouji/Yoshino combo or even the (Chiwa Saito) Kotori's way of speaking. It was very fresh. However the girl's routes are just different in my opinion.

Chihaya Route to begin : This is the character I liked the least but her route was in my sense the most epic one ( if we do not consider the last route ).

Akane Route : One of the best character according to me, I do not mind sad ending, or route darker than the rest. However I thought that the characters' relations was not enough developped and besides it just felt so strange. The end is almost pointless. I think I was very disappointed even if I love Akane.

Kotori route : almost the same thing as previously, but it was much better. I think it is a very interessant combo, but well here again their relation was not deepened enough. And the open ending did not have enough impact according to me, it was like : "You'll know the truth later" but it did not happen.

Shizuru Route : Well, I do not have a lot of things to say about this. It was efficient but not memorable.

Lucia Route : According to me it was one of the best. Well of course I like the character but the main point was that this route was very centered around Lucia and her mind. I loved the feeling of mystery of the first part, and it was in my opinon more like LB , I mean "One girl with one problem I have to solve".

Well Moon was a very good fan service, ( WTF, this 2nd Op is just awesome ). However I thought that Terra was, well it is not that I didn't like it but it was once again different about what I expected. I thought that it would deepen characters' relations in a way, but the plot did not advance very much and we did not learn a lot of things ( like the True Route in the Infinity Series for example ).

Oppai Ending : Oh my God !!! Nothing to say. It was just the funniest end I've ever read ^^

So well maybe I was not clear, I am sorry for that. I just want to say that it might appear like a tons of reproaches but Rewrite is one of the best VN I've read so far. It is just "different" and I wanted to find some answers thanks to you.

I do not expect you to discuss my point of view ( of course if you want you are free to do it ^^, or if I said some things unforgivable ;) ), I want to know your opinion, what you thought, what you expected when you read it. I hope to find some answers thanks to you about what the great Rewrite is really
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 4, 2013 6:48 PM

Oct 2012
I wanted to know what did you people think about Rewrite

I enjoyed it, I don't think i liked it as much as little busters, but i do have to say it had one of the better common routes out of all the VN's I've personally read. Yoshino was just awesome as a supporting character. As far as Favorite Routes go, That one is hard. I liked Akane's route, I thought Chihaya's route was the most "epic", and I liked Lucia's character the best. Alot of people seem to like Shizuru's route, honestly i just couldn't get into it.

Overall, I felt the VN suffered from a lack of consistency. I feel this is probably because that there were 3 different writers and styles throughout the VN. I don't mind inconsistencies but there were some fairly large plot holes left intact. Kotorou's abilities in Chihiya's route for example.

I enjoyed Moon, and I agree that Terra wasn't as good as i was expecting it to be being a "True Route" and all. It was nothing compared to Little Busters, Refrain Route.

Kotori route : almost the same thing as previously, but it was much better. I think it is a very interessant combo, but well here again their relation was not deepened enough. And the open ending did not have enough impact according to me, it was like : "You'll know the truth later" but it did not happen.

100% agree, I think there was a lot of missed potential in this route. I didn't care for the open ending.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Top 5 VNs ( 1 2 3 )

AltriaPendragon - Jun 2, 2013

120 by Fischer77 »»
Jan 28, 2023 5:49 PM

» Top 10 Heroines from all the VN's you have read?

Riptos - Jun 23, 2021

1 by UIGodFather »»
Jul 3, 2021 7:19 AM

» What VN are you currently playing? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MayuAsagiri - Dec 17, 2013

434 by removed-user »»
Apr 25, 2021 6:26 AM

» Member Birthday List ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Mar 8, 2011

126 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Apr 23, 2021 4:51 PM

» Visual Novel Data Base Account ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Jan 29, 2011

106 by removed-user »»
Apr 14, 2021 4:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.