Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 18, 2013 7:17 PM

Jun 2010
Don't you think it's just way over the top, I mean don't get me wrong, I'm ok with some fanservice here & there, but it's gotten to the point where in every panel of every chapter consisting of any female character (bar the little girls ofc) there is a clear focus on their busty instead of having a clear picture of their faces, which I find rather annoying, so it's led me to lower my rating for this manga, even though many people may consider this a minor "problem", I just think it truly is unnecessary, hence the title.

Just wanted to get that off of my chest & of course i'd like to know your thoughts on this.
May 18, 2013 9:44 PM

May 2009
yeah i think without all of that the manga would be better.
"Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis" Which means "It's not for me, It's not for you. It's for everyone"
May 22, 2013 8:24 AM
Mar 2010
Holy shit guys. You'd think by now people would know that fanservice is part of HSDK.

Is it necessary? Of course not. Is it good? Up to your preferences. Should you complain about it? Not when we're 522 chapters in.

There is a "focus on their busty"? Of course. It's fanservice. I can see everyone's faces (whether they have awesome boobs or not) clearly though
"From Baby Steps to Giant Strides"

This applies to life as well as my updating of my anime list
May 22, 2013 8:31 AM

Mar 2012
Fan-service is unnecessary by definition, so that's a redundant statement.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 6, 2014 7:23 PM

Apr 2010
Exactly, it's just ridiculous and really lets the series down. It doesn't look sexy it's just laughable and desperate.

I was reading a chapter recently and in one panel Miu was saying something but instead of seeing her face it was just a panel with Miu's bum with a speech bubble....

So apparently her bum has the ability to speak, it's ridiculous.
scababApr 7, 2014 3:10 PM
Apr 7, 2014 2:40 AM
Apr 2009
I like this the way it is.
Jul 28, 2022 3:02 AM
Jul 2018
It doesn't bother me personally. But of course, I'm saying this as someone who likes fanservice. And Matsuena draws such a wide cast of attractive women (especially Shigure) to where it just wouldn't feel right without it. But I can understand how the fanservice might be too much for some people. Especially with how explicit and random it gets as you get further into the series.
Jul 28, 2022 8:12 AM

May 2018
TheFireNinja said:
It doesn't bother me personally. But of course, I'm saying this as someone who likes fanservice. And Matsuena draws such a wide cast of attractive women (especially Shigure) to where it just wouldn't feel right without it. But I can understand how the fanservice might be too much for some people. Especially with how explicit and random it gets as you get further into the series.

His current series has 10 times more the amount of fanservice Kenichi had
Jul 28, 2022 9:35 AM
Jul 2018
Only_Brad said:
TheFireNinja said:

His current series has 10 times more the amount of fanservice Kenichi had

I already added that to my plan-to-read list. I'll probably take a look into it when I'm done the Kenichi manga.
Aug 10, 2022 4:27 PM
Apr 2020
I'm weighing in on this pretty late, but I picked up my tankabon of volume 61, and relived all of these feelings over again. I feel like there was a major shift in chapter 380 art style wise where women just became excuses to fill the panels with just ass shots, and they stopped having cool fight scenes (except shigure, mostly). Miu used to be my favorite character because she had a really acrobatic fighting style, and could probably go toe to toe with any of the Yomi disciples. But she eventually just became constant, poorly executed shots of T & A.

I'm okay with fan service, but once it starts making the characters look less cool, or they stop being funny or creative, thats when I start having issues.
It's even sadder that Syun sensei continue this trend in his other series. He just traded out Miu for a Shigure type of main love interest.
Dec 27, 2022 9:59 AM
Dec 2022
there's no such thing as "fanservice" shit who the fuck gave it that name fanservice and when you deliver something the fan wants to see fanservice not echi what the manga does and perverted things designs or things like that and also the author knows how to blend the echi well with the story so there's no such thing as "unnecessary" or some independent type shit if you're male or female if you don't like the designs then don't read asshole.
May 7, 3:04 PM
Dec 2019
congrats you just realized you read an ecchi
May 7, 3:05 PM
Dec 2019
Reply to heartlessfang
I'm weighing in on this pretty late, but I picked up my tankabon of volume 61, and relived all of these feelings over again. I feel like there was a major shift in chapter 380 art style wise where women just became excuses to fill the panels with just ass shots, and they stopped having cool fight scenes (except shigure, mostly). Miu used to be my favorite character because she had a really acrobatic fighting style, and could probably go toe to toe with any of the Yomi disciples. But she eventually just became constant, poorly executed shots of T & A.

I'm okay with fan service, but once it starts making the characters look less cool, or they stop being funny or creative, thats when I start having issues.
It's even sadder that Syun sensei continue this trend in his other series. He just traded out Miu for a Shigure type of main love interest.
@heartlessfang congrats you just found out you read an ecchi

More topics from this board

Poll: » History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi Chapter 407 Discussion

dr_dante - Nov 15, 2010

26 by iScream4z »»
Jun 3, 4:20 PM

Poll: » History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi Chapter 409 Discussion

VitaX - Dec 3, 2010

9 by RicFie »»
Jun 6, 2023 10:44 PM

Poll: » History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi Chapter 406 Discussion

Shiken - Nov 10, 2010

17 by RicFie »»
Jun 6, 2023 10:28 PM

Poll: » History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi Chapter 400 Discussion

KantonKageX - Sep 27, 2010

37 by RicFie »»
Jun 6, 2023 10:06 PM

Poll: » History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi Chapter 404 Discussion

removed-user - Oct 24, 2010

25 by removed-user »»
Jun 15, 2022 5:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.