Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 26, 2013 12:30 AM

Jun 2008
"Hey Birdway, how about we fight and make up?"

It took me a few months but now I'm finally up to date with the novels.

And damn, I loved Birdway in this one. I've always been a Biribiri-Touma fan, but with this volume Birdway is very close to take the spot.

I also realised I hate Index now. She totally feels like her character hasn't grown at all in all these volumes...
RSApr 26, 2013 12:34 AM
Baka-Tsuki discord server
May 30, 2013 11:28 AM
Aug 2010
I hate Index too, but she's just a side character right now, she'll probably play a major role in the final volumes but until then she'll not make much appearances so don't worry about her.
Jan 19, 2014 1:22 PM

Sep 2011
I don't understand... Index is literally the most pure form of a plot device character. Nothing in the series would've happened without her existing, but she almost always seem out of the focus. It's almost like that the author is deliberately ignoring her. If she gained more prominence, there would've been no doubt that she is the main heroine. But as she stands... It really shows up a lot more possibilities.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Apr 2, 2014 9:51 PM

Nov 2011
Misaki <3

Oh God, Misaka ran into the worst person possible just about now lol. Anyways, I noticed that Kakine returned too. In a way, this almost feels like volume 15 with the dark side of the AC. It’s interesting to note that Mugino teams up with Accelerator this volume. I think that’s a first since both kinda reformed themselves. The two of them shares some similarities given their past histories.

On the other hand, there’s Touma and Thor. The latter pulls a gun on him although I’m not surprised considering they are enemies in the first place. Misaka gets into a little trouble on her own too with GREMLIN huh? Interesting. But anyways, this volume was okay imo but the latter half didn’t excite me as much as I had thought.

It was awesome seeing the leader of GREMLIN near the end though.
Jan 6, 2022 1:30 AM

Jan 2017
Highlight of this conclusion of the Ichihanaransai arc definitely goes to the Accelerator + Mugino vs Kakine battle. Beetle 05 quickly rose to become one of my fav characters with its interactions with Fremea and Last Order, and then it straight up replacing Kakine via "reincarnation"?!? WTF THAT'S BONKERS

3-way battle at the multi-level overpass wasn't that interesting surprisingly when Misaka is also involved and the conclusion of Kretune eating a synthetically produced LO's brain?? ok I guess

Why is Thor so likeable despite his roundabout methods REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

More topics from this board

» Volume 9 Discussion. ( 1 2 3 )

ssjokg - Dec 10, 2013

114 by 2-2Distracted »»
Mar 3, 8:05 PM

» New Testament anime: Who should be performing the new OP?

khoisharky - Oct 5, 2023

1 by ShadowBreaker5 »»
Oct 6, 2023 5:36 AM

» Volume 8 Discussion

belatkuro - Aug 26, 2013

36 by FragmantLemon »»
Aug 9, 2022 9:35 AM

» Touma's Harem?

greed2 - Oct 14, 2014

17 by TAMNI-GT »»
Jun 8, 2022 12:38 PM

» Chapter Count?

cur_sed - Apr 18, 2022

2 by cur_sed »»
May 3, 2022 6:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.