Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 11, 2013 2:37 PM

Dec 2012
Hell yeah!!! its back i have a feeling the mysterious woman might be Takashi's mom because didn't they say the survivors were at the school were she worked or something like that
Apr 12, 2013 11:46 AM

Sep 2009
AnimeKami said:
YorozuyaGinSan said:
jjrocks24 said:
where can i read the new chapter?

http://mangafox.me/manga/highschool_of_the_dead/v07/c030/1.html

Wonder which of the girls the new badass will fuck.

I'm saying saeko.

I was under the assumption he fucked her already...
What are you guys talking about?? My memory seems a little bit foggy after a very very long hiatus.
Apr 12, 2013 7:47 PM
May 2011
Rika's back :)
Apr 13, 2013 2:44 PM

Jul 2011
I shit my pants when i seen this (Check through my mangas every week or 2). I teared up a little then i read it and shit once more because killing zombies is the coolest thing ever. Am definitely looking forward to season 2 and more chapters! :) :) :) :)
Apr 14, 2013 12:14 AM

Feb 2013
YYYYEEEESSSSS!!!!! It came back, I'm so happy, the chapter wasn't especially good, but I don't even care, I'm just glad its back, so excited. XD
[/url]
Apr 16, 2013 5:07 PM
Jan 2013
did anyone notice? it seems that SEAKO WAS REINTRODUCED FIRST THIS TIME INSTEAD OF REI, im so happy, that cud mean that rei has lost her right to be the main heroine due to her excessive bitchiness :D yea rei cud go fuck herself >:D
Apr 22, 2013 2:08 PM

May 2012
wtf why did i jsut notice it now.. im happy its back.. time for zombie killing..

May 1, 2013 11:07 PM

Jun 2008

Saeko = Perfection

Goddammit how long until the next chapter?
May 3, 2013 3:04 AM

Jun 2012
i not gona hope for highschool of the dead season 2 anime as long they not finish manga.
will for manga we got hope for anime not.

http://hotdead.blogspot.com/2013/04/monthly-dragon-age-may-492013.html
salvationhopeMay 3, 2013 3:07 AM
May 3, 2013 3:08 AM

May 2013
Yeah finally the manga is back and i found the new chapter really good , less ecchi and more story.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
May 11, 2013 10:31 PM
May 2013
Cibeles said:
Hell yeah!!! its back i have a feeling the mysterious woman might be Takashi's mom because didn't they say the survivors were at the school were she worked or something like that

That is exactly who I think it is.
Jul 8, 2013 3:35 AM
Jul 2011
Not a bad chapter, a lot of build-up but waiting all this time for such a chapter only to go back on a long break again...gah.
Jul 23, 2013 2:54 AM

Sep 2009
soooo is triage x is coming back????
Apr 8, 2014 6:08 PM

Sep 2010
I hope HOTD is continued.
Apr 18, 2014 2:07 PM
Jan 2012
An Amazing "We're Back" Chapter. Not much happens but still satisfying!
Jul 17, 2014 2:01 AM

Oct 2013
the boob physics of this manga.....
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jul 20, 2014 8:24 AM
Jun 2014
I'm a bit anxious as to whether Rei is still a virgin or did she lose it with Hisashi. What do you guys say? Also, did Rei and Hisashi start dating recently? Like a day before the apocalypse? I would like to hear your part guys, support your statements with necessary evidences in the manga. No matter what it is as long as it is logical and comprehendible. Hope to hear from you guys soon!
Aug 17, 2014 8:14 PM

Jan 2014
JusTFoRTroll said:
I'm a bit anxious as to whether Rei is still a virgin or did she lose it with Hisashi. What do you guys say? Also, did Rei and Hisashi start dating recently? Like a day before the apocalypse? I would like to hear your part guys, support your statements with necessary evidences in the manga. No matter what it is as long as it is logical and comprehendible. Hope to hear from you guys soon!
Lol why are you so concerned about Rei's virginity :D:D...And you are also anxious about it...Lol,you made my day
Aug 21, 2014 8:35 AM

Mar 2014
I'm only concerned about whether or not this manga will ever continue...
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Sep 7, 2014 12:19 PM

Mar 2013
JusTFoRTroll said:

Sad to burst your bubble, but Rei and Hisashi had been dating for many months, and she was no longer a virgin. While no explicit duration to their relationship was mentioned, at that point they loved eachother (past the liking stage). Additionally Rei was willing to stay beside the dead Hisashi and die as well since she didn't want to live without him. This clearly supports the consensus that they had been in a serious relationship for many months. This is partially what had Takashi so depressed at the beginning of Hotd (first scene in the anime when Saya tells him to forgot about Rei). Saya discusses his depression mentioning that it has been ongoing for a while, so this was clearly not the first time that Takshi was sulking about it (meaning the relationship duration had to be quite a while, certainly not recent). Rei also constantly brings up Hisashi even after his death, trying to evoke jealousy from Takashi because she knows he knows they were having sex. The Anime Producers though makes sure to cheer Takashi up by having him lose his virginity to Saeko. They knew the fans would not be happy with Takashi having to settle for used goods (Rei) for his first time.

There are some that speculate that maybe Rei was a virgin, but even that is a tenuous defense at best as seen here (source- http://forums.mangafox.me/threads/191970-im-i-the-only-one-who-likes-Rei-more-than-Saeko/page28) -

"While not known..judging by how it's pretty commonplace for couples to sleep together in Japan the longer they're a couple..it's actually likely that they have... So, it depends on how long Hisashi and Rei went out..

Why do you think those crazy otaku go a little stupid when they discover their "pure" heroines have had boyfriends prior to their current relationship with the protagonist? Because, it makes it quite likely that they're no longer virgins. Look what happened when the heroine in Kannagi was discovered to have had a previous boyfriend."

This partially accounts for the overwhelming support of Saeko vs Rei (even on Mal the favorite ratio is Saeko at 3360 vs Rei at 289, a whopping 12x discrepancy). Everyone knows that Rei broke the childhood promise and Rode Hisashi in the months preceding the start of Hotd.

Sorry to disappoint you my friend, but Hotd went out of its way to point out that other girls like Saya was a virgin (most recently with the condom thing in chapter 29). It did everything it could to make it obvious that Rei was an experienced veteran without explicitly showing it, since that would cause even more hatred for Rei and could have negatively impacted Hotd sales. As is the author gave a .1% opening for deluded fans to convince themselves that Rei was still "pure", but I'm afraid it's nothing but false hope.
SlickDSep 13, 2014 10:24 PM
Dec 5, 2014 6:13 PM

Nov 2013
^ I genuinely applaud you for that. This is what it's come to with such a long break XD
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 6, 2014 5:15 PM

Mar 2013
Vexper said:
^ I genuinely applaud you for that. This is what it's come to with such a long break XD

Thank you, glad you enjoyed my post <) I only wish that you had enjoyed Logh a bit more..
Jan 3, 2015 12:45 AM

Dec 2013
SlickDragon said:
JusTFoRTroll said:

Sad to burst your bubble, but Rei and Hisashi had been dating for many months, and she was no longer a virgin. While no explicit duration to their relationship was mentioned, at that point they loved eachother (past the liking stage). Additionally Rei was willing to stay beside the dead Hisashi and die as well since she didn't want to live without him. This clearly supports the consensus that they had been in a serious relationship for many months. This is partially what had Takashi so depressed at the beginning of Hotd (first scene in the anime when Saya tells him to forgot about Rei). Saya discusses his depression mentioning that it has been ongoing for a while, so this was clearly not the first time that Takshi was sulking about it (meaning the relationship duration had to be quite a while, certainly not recent). Rei also constantly brings up Hisashi even after his death, trying to evoke jealousy from Takashi because she knows he knows they were having sex. The Anime Producers though makes sure to cheer Takashi up by having him lose his virginity to Saeko. They knew the fans would not be happy with Takashi having to settle for used goods (Rei) for his first time.

There are some that speculate that maybe Rei was a virgin, but even that is a tenuous defense at best as seen here (source- http://forums.mangafox.me/threads/191970-im-i-the-only-one-who-likes-Rei-more-than-Saeko/page28) -

"While not known..judging by how it's pretty commonplace for couples to sleep together in Japan the longer they're a couple..it's actually likely that they have... So, it depends on how long Hisashi and Rei went out..

Why do you think those crazy otaku go a little stupid when they discover their "pure" heroines have had boyfriends prior to their current relationship with the protagonist? Because, it makes it quite likely that they're no longer virgins. Look what happened when the heroine in Kannagi was discovered to have had a previous boyfriend."

This partially accounts for the overwhelming support of Saeko vs Rei (even on Mal the favorite ratio is Saeko at 3360 vs Rei at 289, a whopping 12x discrepancy). Everyone knows that Rei broke the childhood promise and Rode Hisashi in the months preceding the start of Hotd.

Sorry to disappoint you my friend, but Hotd went out of its way to point out that other girls like Saya was a virgin (most recently with the condom thing in chapter 29). It did everything it could to make it obvious that Rei was an experienced veteran without explicitly showing it, since that would cause even more hatred for Rei and could have negatively impacted Hotd sales. As is the author gave a .1% opening for deluded fans to convince themselves that Rei was still "pure", but I'm afraid it's nothing but false hope.

This is so well thought out...Wow. I felt there was something off about Rei. Glad to know my hate wasn't misplaced. I hope her plot armor gets torn off and she dies or something. That'd be hilarious. Meanwhile, go Saeko!
Nov 15, 2015 1:10 PM

Jan 2015
AnimeFan1077 said:
Finally! It's back!
Stark700 said:

It's back!
asdf546 said:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS FINALLY BACK WOOOOOOT
Faded_Illusion said:
im glad its back
shinigami013x said:
Yush finally a chapter now lets just hope that there are more chapters to come.
MyAmy said:
About time nice to have the series continuing again
battosai-01 said:
It has returned :D.
Zhou said:
YES YES YES YES!!
sarroush said:
YESSSSSSSS!!!!!! That hiatus was way too long
Scapeghost said:
YYYYEEEESSSSS!!!!! It came back, I'm so happy
Cibeles said:
Hell yeah!!! its back
Dark_Messiah said:
wtf why did i jsut notice it now.. im happy its back.. time for zombie killing..

Ahahah. I'm laughing...
Mar 30, 2016 3:25 PM

Jul 2013
People seriously think Rei will die? Lmao, first wait until the manga publish the next chapter xD
Mar 30, 2016 11:25 PM

Mar 2016
Illyricus said:
People seriously think Rei will die? Lmao, first wait until the manga publish the next chapter xD

It's discontinued fam .No next chapter sadly .

Xenocrisi said:
AnimeFan1077 said:
Finally! It's back!
Stark700 said:

It's back!
asdf546 said:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS FINALLY BACK WOOOOOOT
Faded_Illusion said:
im glad its back
shinigami013x said:
Yush finally a chapter now lets just hope that there are more chapters to come.
MyAmy said:
About time nice to have the series continuing again
battosai-01 said:
It has returned :D.
Zhou said:
YES YES YES YES!!
sarroush said:
YESSSSSSSS!!!!!! That hiatus was way too long
Scapeghost said:
YYYYEEEESSSSS!!!!! It came back, I'm so happy
Cibeles said:
Hell yeah!!! its back
Dark_Messiah said:

Ahahah. I'm laughing...

I remember when I saw the last update myself .
Mar 31, 2016 12:41 AM

Jul 2013
TheDeadApostle said:
Illyricus said:

It's discontinued fam .No next chapter sadly .
Oh, don't worry for that, I already know that the manga has been in hiatus for a long time and it's not going to return for a time... mostly never.
May 15, 2016 8:21 AM

Feb 2016
Kinda a meh chapter, like 87% of it wasn't even our main cast. Just suddenly switching to the army people or whatever.

Is this really how they ended it? ~_~

They didn't even really do much when they did bring up the cast, just flaunting and killing a few of "Them", pretty much.

So... are they continuing towards the school? Shintoko 3rd Elementary or whatever to find the Mom/EVAC.

Kinda just feels like a pointless return chapter. Guess it really just was like saying "Hello! We haven't forgotten H.O.T.D :)" >_>

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
May 15, 2016 8:43 AM

Jan 2014
RyanEsau said:
Is this really how they ended it? ~_~
Its not ended...ıts on Hiatus...FOREVER...
Jan 25, 2017 8:45 AM
Feb 2015
poor people look at them being happy it returned but still no chapter 3+ years after
Nov 17, 2017 10:09 PM

Apr 2015
The author dropped the manga in cooly wtf bro
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Feb 5, 2018 10:26 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Horrible final, i don´t understand how could end so!!!
The kids in the middle of the street, near to the school... and the rescue team yet in the ships!!!!
May 1, 2018 12:01 AM

May 2016
I was so happily swiping the pages after seeing Komuro and pals destroying "Them" after a lot of pages that covered the military situation and it was suddenly over... The artstyle was sharper and cleaner too probs coz it took a while to release at the time.

I can't believe it ended at such an inconvenient time where a lot of questions were supposed to be answered. My heart aches knowing that it's not going to continue anymore considering the 5 year hiatus and the mangaka's untimely death ;-;

It was fun. I'll miss this~

May 14, 2018 9:01 AM
May 2015
Just say it. WE JUST WASTED OUR LİFETİME. RIP anyway. It the matter of humanity. But I wish -I WİSH- a story which has a final one...Damnit. RİP.
Nov 7, 2018 3:58 PM

Nov 2015
Such promising manga...sadly it's ended like that.

RIP Daisuke Sato.
Dec 31, 2023 7:32 AM

Jun 2017
so sad it ended ,even more so when i learned Daisuke was fighting his own disease and perished doing what he loved.
They won't be ever be able to meet the girlies dad only a few metres apart in the final chapter.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Chapter 6 Discussion

removed-user - Jun 1, 2010

12 by princesjelyfish »»
May 4, 6:04 AM

» Is this back on hiatus again? ( 1 2 3 )

HollowIchigo58 - Aug 6, 2013

100 by Ugliz »»
Mar 24, 1:11 PM

» Miyamoto, Rei feelings towards Takashi ?

kelfounet - Jun 19, 2010

41 by MASTERCRAFT938 »»
Aug 28, 2023 6:06 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Chapter 20 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jun 12, 2008

19 by maiestas_ »»
Aug 16, 2023 6:20 AM

» High School of the Dead is officially cancelled, according to the artist of the series.

deg - Dec 9, 2018

40 by JediPadawan2001 »»
Aug 5, 2023 8:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.