Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 6, 2013 12:56 AM
Lewd Connoisseur

Nov 2011
Tell us what made you call yourself a fan of Yui-chan. For me, her voice was what drove me to love her. A way to describe it is like the sensation of hearing a little kitten purring next to you and you can't help but feel all warm inside. Her performance as Alice and Hinata were the first I heard her and they were both excellent in quality.

GonzoLewdApr 6, 2013 1:00 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 7, 2013 5:42 AM

May 2011
HER LOLI VOICE!! 'nuff said.
Apr 7, 2013 5:57 AM

Jul 2011
addicting loli voice!
Apr 7, 2013 6:37 PM

Nov 2008
Her voice makes hearts melt, not to mention she's a pretty good choreographer and singer, and on top of having a heart melting voice and being multitalented, Yui herself is heartmeltingly cute. She has everything going for her.

Apr 14, 2013 7:45 AM

May 2010
I think became a fan of her because she is cute and lovely but I also respect her talent in the voice acting industry despite being young

And same as you DrGonzo7 I know her in Kamisama Memochou
Apr 14, 2013 8:53 PM
Sep 2012
I first found out about her after watching Ro Kyu Bu. Thought that she is really cute and her voice is adorable. I saw her again in C3 and decided to look up her other roles. Noticed her role as Alice in Kamisama no Memochou and became a fan of her's ever since.
Apr 15, 2013 2:48 AM
Apr 2013
I'm probably one of the few people here that got to know her through YuiKaori (for now) XD I really love how cute her voice and appearence is lol <3
Apr 15, 2013 2:56 AM
Sep 2012
Kyu-nyan said:
I'm probably one of the few people here that got to know her through YuiKaori (for now) XD I really love how cute her voice and appearence is lol <3
You probably are since most of us can't understand Japanese. So were you a fan from the beginning or did you become one later on?
Apr 15, 2013 5:18 AM
Apr 2013
AiCon said:
You probably are since most of us can't understand Japanese. So were you a fan from the beginning or did you become one later on?

I only took interest when heard their songs for the Kiss x Sis anime back in 2010, but I only really got into them and Yui-chan a year later thanks to their [Puppy Love] PV ^ o ^
Apr 15, 2013 5:26 AM
Lewd Connoisseur

Nov 2011
Kyu-nyan said:
AiCon said:

I only took interest when heard their songs for the Kiss x Sis anime back in 2010, but I only really got into them and Yui-chan a year later thanks to their [Puppy Love] PV ^ o ^
Wow, I didn't know she did the theme song for that show. Usually VAs who do the theme song of a show appear on the show themselves.
Apr 15, 2013 9:53 AM
Sep 2012
DrGonzo7 said:
Kyu-nyan said:
AiCon said:

Wow, I didn't know she did the theme song for that show. Usually VAs who do the theme song of a show appear on the show themselves.
It was the ED for Kiss x Sis and the debut single for YuiKaori.

Puppy Love is a cute song. :]
Apr 21, 2013 9:09 PM
Aug 2007
I may be old if I have been following her since 2005 in the Japanese horror movie known as 隙魔 (Sukima) or Yurei Danchi Sukima for the full name...i.e. when she was only 9 years old! Absolutely adorable though a horror movie is kind of out of left field too.

Since then been following her works in the early days of Happy! Style and of course her Miku dances. Shame that Team Dekaris didn't last long in 2009 though it didn't ironically become StylipS last year. Unfortunately, that didn't seem to last long either with Yui-chan and Kaori both graduating yesterday, which is just a few months after the one year anniversary.

As a seiyuu, she's more or less a one trick pony, that is redefining the meaning of a loli. As a singer, the overly high pitched voice doesn't help too much. As a dancer/choreographer, she's a goddess, especially since she helped create the Ro-Kyu-Bu! "Shoot!" dance.
Apr 21, 2013 10:00 PM
Sep 2012
Kit-Tsukasa said:
As a seiyuu, she's more or less a one trick pony, that is redefining the meaning of a loli. As a singer, the overly high pitched voice doesn't help too much. As a dancer/choreographer, she's a goddess, especially since she helped create the Ro-Kyu-Bu! "Shoot!" dance.
You know, I'm sure you're a fan of Yui (being in your favorites and all), but what you wrote here doesn't exactly give her much praise.

Still, we all appreciate your honesty, and it is unfortunate that YuiKaori couldn't stay in Stylips. Not sure why they're even bothering to cast for new members instead of starting a new group. Hasn't Stylips always been YuiKaori with two other girls?
IconicApr 21, 2013 10:58 PM
Apr 22, 2013 10:24 AM

Nov 2008
AiCon said:
Kit-Tsukasa said:
You know, I'm sure you're a fan of Yui (being in your favorites and all), but what you wrote here doesn't exactly give her much praise.

Still, we all appreciate your honesty, and it is unfortunate that YuiKaori couldn't stay in Stylips. Not sure why they're even bothering to cast for new members instead of starting a new group. Hasn't Stylips always been YuiKaori with two other girls?

My issue with the re-casting is will fans approve or leave to where else Yui and Kaori will end up next. I only followed StylipS initially because of them and who knows how many fans did the same, it could end in half or more of the fanbase gone unless they recruit some known veteran talent.

Apr 22, 2013 7:51 PM
Sep 2012
Hoppy said:
AiCon said:
Kit-Tsukasa said:

My issue with the re-casting is will fans approve or leave to where else Yui and Kaori will end up next. I only followed StylipS initially because of them and who knows how many fans did the same, it could end in half or more of the fanbase gone unless they recruit some known veteran talent.
I think people would still check them out to see how they're like without YuiKaori and to see the new members. Whether they can keep the fans depends on how good they are. I wish them the best of luck.
Apr 22, 2013 11:21 PM
Aug 2007
AiCon said:
Kit-Tsukasa said:

I'm just stating pros and cons. No seiyuu/idol/singer is ever perfect. If such a seiyuu existed, why bother with anyone else?

Also, I'm just answering the topic's question and that is she's a fantastic dancer and she has that adorable voice that I always get a kick out of on her radio shows, especially when Kaori teases her (or attempts to kiss her).

On the StylipS note, StylipS was Team Dekaris from 2009, which was effectively a one-shot group that didn't gain much popularity and of course came before YuiKaori (2010). From what I know, Arisa Noto has always been with Yui-chan and Kaori in Happy! Style (2008). Maho was also part of Happy! Style but didn't seem to be as affiliated with the three until 2009. I think the former 3 even performed together in various Communication Circuit concerts back in the day.

Hoppy said:
AiCon said:
Kit-Tsukasa said:

Pretty sure some people will stick around for Maho. She's not much of a seiyuu but she has a great singing voice and her English skills are what have been impressing many at the moment. Nocchi on the other hand...
Kit-TsukasaApr 22, 2013 11:26 PM
Apr 22, 2013 11:26 PM
Lewd Connoisseur

Nov 2011
Kit-Tsukasa said:
I'm just stating pros and cons. No seiyuu/idol/singer is ever perfect. If such a seiyuu existed, why bother with anyone else?
I would still bother with a lot of other seiyuus if I found a perfect one, for instance Yui Ogura and Kana Hanazawa.

Kit-Tsukasa said:
and she has that adorable voice that I always get a kick out of on her radio shows, especially when Kaori teases her (or attempts to kiss her).
She and Kaori has her own radio show?! I must find a way to listen to it! O_O
Apr 22, 2013 11:32 PM
Aug 2007
DrGonzo7 said:
Kit-Tsukasa said:
I would still bother with a lot of other seiyuus if I found a perfect one, for instance Yui Ogura and Kana Hanazawa.

I'm sure I would too but I guess I'm analyzing from the perspective of the general public where that one seiyuu would be all the rage and what not.

Kit-Tsukasa said:
and she has that adorable voice that I always get a kick out of on her radio shows, especially when Kaori teases her (or attempts to kiss her).
She and Kaori has her own radio show?! I must find a way to listen to it! O_O

Oh it's been around for a while...3 years now I think? Lots of really amusing and cute things happen every now and then, especially when they play games. You can find them on NicoNicoDouga. Their radio shows have been rising even more in popularity lately due to the two having larger seiyuu roles.

Oh and Kan Hanazawa's radio shows are great as of late due to her fondness over Yui-chan. You should check out the birthday special from this year as it features Yui-chan as the guest and basically plays back a number of incidences where HanaKana imagines a number of...."wild things" about Yui-chan.
Kit-TsukasaApr 22, 2013 11:36 PM
Apr 22, 2013 11:38 PM
Lewd Connoisseur

Nov 2011
If you sent me a link to it I would be truly grateful. :) I can't read Japanese text so wouldn't know how to search them.
Apr 23, 2013 12:29 AM
Sep 2012
Kit-Tsukasa said:
Also, I'm just answering the topic's question and that is she's a fantastic dancer and she has that adorable voice that I always get a kick out of on her radio shows, especially when Kaori teases her (or attempts to kiss her).

On the StylipS note, StylipS was Team Dekaris from 2009, which was effectively a one-shot group that didn't gain much popularity and of course came before YuiKaori (2010). From what I know, Arisa Noto has always been with Yui-chan and Kaori in Happy! Style (2008). Maho was also part of Happy! Style but didn't seem to be as affiliated with the three until 2009. I think the former 3 even performed together in various Communication Circuit concerts back in the day.
Dat kiss! O__O

I knew that they were all part of Team Dekaris, but I didn't know that Arisa, Yui and Kaori were that close back in the day.
Kit-Tsukasa said:
Pretty sure some people will stick around for Maho. She's not much of a seiyuu but she has a great singing voice and her English skills are what have been impressing many at the moment. Nocchi on the other hand...
Yeah, I think that Maho has only gotten her parts since Stylips was doing the OP of Saki: A-Hen. She still has a good voice and she's cute too... er, wait... Maho can speak good English? What's this about Nocchi?

Kit-Tsukasa said:
I'm sure I would too but I guess I'm analyzing from the perspective of the general public where that one seiyuu would be all the rage and what not.
Ya, I've heard some things about Japanese being devoted to only one idol instead of several people. Must be a Japanese thing.

Kit-Tsukasa said:
Oh it's been around for a while...3 years now I think? Lots of really amusing and cute things happen every now and then, especially when they play games. You can find them on NicoNicoDouga. Their radio shows have been rising even more in popularity lately due to the two having larger seiyuu roles.

Oh and Kan Hanazawa's radio shows are great as of late due to her fondness over Yui-chan. You should check out the birthday special from this year as it features Yui-chan as the guest and basically plays back a number of incidences where HanaKana imagines a number of...."wild things" about Yui-chan.
Ahh!!! If only I could understand Japanese!

I also hear that Arisa Noto also has her radio show for Stylips.
IconicApr 23, 2013 12:35 AM
Apr 23, 2013 9:33 AM

Nov 2008
I should give YuiKaori's radio show a watch since I have a NicoNico account, although I'm more of a fan of radio shows about video games and not so much about idols.

Apr 23, 2013 7:37 PM
Sep 2012
Hoppy said:
I should give YuiKaori's radio show a watch since I have a NicoNico account, although I'm more of a fan of radio shows about video games and not so much about idols.
I guess that you can understand Japanese - unlike the rest of us. I feel so envious. D:
Apr 23, 2013 9:32 PM
Aug 2007
DrGonzo7 said:
If you sent me a link to it I would be truly grateful. :) I can't read Japanese text so wouldn't know how to search them.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/search/ゆいかおりの実?sort=f&order=d

You will need an account to access the videos.

Yeah, I think that Maho has only gotten her parts since Stylips was doing the OP of Saki: A-Hen. She still has a good voice and she's cute too... er, wait... Maho can speak good English? What's this about Nocchi?

Not sure about Nocchi. I generally don't follow her that much despite her being the lead for StylipS let alone the longest of the four in the industry. Yui-chan is supposedly proficient in English, though I don't know what 5th level is in Japan equates to.

Speaking of radio shows, Yui-chan has definitely been in quite a bit of them lately. The Campione ones are funny mostly because of Hikasa mocking Yui-chan's and HanaKana's relationship. I look forward the Henneko ones since it features both Yui-chan and Kaori. The ones with Washizaki Takeshi are also amusing as YuiKaori tend to reveal some interesting things....like the time when the two claimed they were in a serious relationship.

These are other examples of the random stuff that YuiKaori do when they're "bored":
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19677883
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19305036
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19321131
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19304938

You can generally figure out what they're trying to do without knowing any Japanese.

Here's the kiss by itself: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19300028
Apr 23, 2013 10:19 PM
Sep 2012
Kit-Tsukasa said:
Not sure about Nocchi. I generally don't follow her that much despite her being the lead for StylipS let alone the longest of the four in the industry. Yui-chan is supposedly proficient in English, though I don't know what 5th level is in Japan equates to.
Unfortunately, not much:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STEP_Eiken
Kit-Tsukasa said:
Speaking of radio shows, Yui-chan has definitely been in quite a bit of them lately. The Campione ones are funny mostly because of Hikasa mocking Yui-chan's and HanaKana's relationship. I look forward the Henneko ones since it features both Yui-chan and Kaori. The ones with Washizaki Takeshi are also amusing as YuiKaori tend to reveal some interesting things....like the time when the two claimed they were in a serious relationship.
All those yuri moments sure are cute, hehe. Thanks for those. :)

Sucks that I had to register to watch those videos and even more that they aren't subbed. :(
Apr 24, 2013 5:14 AM
Apr 2013
Even though I don't know japanese, I am quite enjoying the videos :)

Thanks for the links ^ o ^
Apr 24, 2013 10:19 AM

Nov 2008
Those videos are just plain cute and quite goofy at times. I'm going to follow the Henneko Radio shows.

Apr 24, 2013 9:39 PM
Sep 2012
So Kit-Tsukasa, what's this you say about Hikasa mocking Yui and Kana's relationship in one of their radio shows?

No subs mean that I don't know what's being said. :(
Apr 29, 2013 10:01 PM

Nov 2008
Henneko Radio Show for those interested
HoppyApr 29, 2013 10:08 PM

May 4, 2013 4:00 AM

Mar 2012
Interesting.. She's hosting it with Aimi. :D Looking forward to more roles from both, although they seem to be more on the music side.. :/ But still.
[san - an - kō][サンアンコウ] [三暗刻]
May 6, 2013 12:26 PM
Apr 2012
her voice is so damn cute
May 15, 2013 1:01 AM

Jan 2012
tsukiko
May 20, 2013 9:17 AM

Apr 2012
She voices the most adorable characters ever! I first fell in love with Yunoha Suroor from Aquarion EVOL and then when I heard Hanbei-chan, I just lost it all together xD. Now she voices Tsukiko who is absolutley adorable in every way.

How is it even a question of what made me become a fan?!?!?!?
Jan 30, 2014 11:28 PM

Apr 2013
I loved the Nakaimo theme song, so I found the artist and it was Stylips. I listened to more of their music, and I loved it. I learned the names of the members, and found out about YuiKaori. Yui was my favorite because her voice is so cute. I listened to YuiKaori and Sylips, and here I am~
DAGC | SCS | ARC | IM | RACE | TCO
Feb 4, 2014 12:09 PM
Oct 2013
I think it was hearing Toki and Hinata for the first time.
"The mind is better off free, rather than in chains."

-Anonymous
Feb 7, 2014 8:44 PM

Mar 2012
KIMI NI BAEBIE SUEETO BERRI RABU

Then that lead me seeking out and listening to YuiKaori's music
Feb 7, 2014 9:07 PM
Sep 2012
SeibaaHomu said:
KIMI NI BAEBIE SUEETO BERRI RABU

Then that lead me seeking out and listening to YuiKaori's music
Inserts these cute Yui pics for reminder:
Mar 17, 2014 9:51 AM

Aug 2010
First, it was for Alice from Kamisama no memo-chou.
After, I catched her in Sket Dance, NakaImo ans Tsuritama.

Now I have watched all the show she appears and I will watch all the show she appears.
I loved the ending of HenNeko. I prefer Ogura-chan in solo, I don't very like when she is in band or other seiyuu (like Machine-doll).
YuiKaori is a good band and I don't dislike Ishihara Kaori, but I'm not a fan of musics' band.
Jun 8, 2014 8:21 AM
Oct 2013
i heard her voice in henneko and i fell in love with her xD
Nov 2, 2014 12:24 AM

Jul 2012
her loli voices as Tsutsukakushi, Tsukiko + she act so cute at the anime xD
and.. and.. she's one of the Stylips member!! wooow

Feb 11, 2016 8:07 PM
Jan 2016
I became a fan of Yui Ogura for her role as Chris in cross ange tenshi to ryuu no rondo. Her cute and shy appearance along with her soft voice caught me right away. To this day she's one of favorites.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your favorite role by Yui Ogura?

GonzoLewd - Apr 7, 2013

20 by sansZero »»
Nov 27, 2016 8:28 AM

» What is the thing you want to do to Yui Ogura the most?

GonzoLewd - May 10, 2013

7 by SeibaaHomu »»
Feb 6, 2015 4:31 AM

Poll: » Who do you think is cuter?

GonzoLewd - Jun 21, 2013

24 by White_Alice »»
Nov 2, 2014 12:26 AM

» Favorite roles from Kaori-chan?

SilentTruth - Jun 12, 2013

6 by White_Alice »»
Nov 2, 2014 12:16 AM

» 1st Anniversary!!

GonzoLewd - Apr 4, 2014

22 by SilentTruth »»
Apr 12, 2014 12:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.