Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2008 4:32 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I don't know whether it's good or bad that Sia's other self left her. She was really scary before. Oo

Kaede really called the police. That's a bit... extreme. xD
Dec 30, 2008 5:43 PM

Dec 2008
Waah. Well, by the looks of it, things will start getting a little better. Still a little worried about how neglected Kaede is...>< We'll see how things go.

Dango, dango, dango, dango, dango, daikazoku~

Jul 19, 2009 2:45 AM

Nov 2007
So, Sia is not the one =/ well then I guess it's time to cheer for Asa.
Jul 19, 2009 3:59 PM

Apr 2009
Asa senpai is the only good choice.
Jul 24, 2009 11:04 PM

Jun 2009
Kinda a ackward ending that made me feel he doesn't care for her that much, and possibly dislikes her somewhat for her other self. Makes me feel shes out of the running now, i liked Sia =/
Sep 6, 2009 1:06 AM
Jul 2009
sia and sia xD
Oct 24, 2009 1:09 PM
Oct 2009
I thought it was intresting to see a totally diffrent person other than Sia in her body. To be quite frank I liked the straightforwardness. The only thing that seriously annoys me in this episode is that he regected her attempts when it's pretty obvious that he needs to make up his mind. I dropped the series at this episode so my view may be biased. Of course the only reason was because I was looking up shuffle episodes and I saw a video containing spoilers. Just a warning but that's my view on it. :]
Nov 6, 2009 8:44 PM

Oct 2008
Sia is very scary..

Nov 19, 2009 7:11 PM

Nov 2009
God, I love Sia but her other side is a totally annoying manipulative bitch. THANK GOD she left Sia. Although the part where she actually left was a little sad.

And holy crap Kaede called the police o.o WTF overreacting much? XDD
Jan 17, 2010 7:52 PM

Jul 2009
XP I never liked Sia. I was like WTF?! NOT FOR CHILDRENZ!!! this ep XD
Time for Asa to win Rin over!
This is not a signature
I promise
Jan 18, 2010 11:47 PM

Jul 2009
abortion. good stuff.
Jan 19, 2010 7:43 PM

Mar 2008
De-JaY said:
I don't know whether it's good or bad that Sia's other self left her.

Probably one of my favorite episodes. Sia ftw!

The PV for the next episode looked pretty good also.

Jan 28, 2010 4:50 PM
Mar 2009
I have to say though, up to this point, "evil" sia has been the most realistic character. I found similarities between her and Miyako from ef. Selfishness is a trait that every person has, and taking that away from the characters has really made the series mediocre.

BTW is it possible to abort one twin and no the other? and why would they do that? I mean, how do you choose which one?
Mar 12, 2010 10:09 AM
Aug 2008
DeAvalon said:
and why would they do that?

That was my main question. I suppose it had something to do with the mother, since Sia's dad hardly seems the type to only have enough compassion for one kid.

c_c And once again I find myself asking just what is it about Rin that these girls love so much?
Apr 11, 2010 11:40 AM

Jan 2010
Rin is a moron.
I like evil Sia more.
A polygamous society eh?

And what I HATE about this show is that none of the girls ever show jealousy, hurt, hatred, or envy or any "ugly" emotion for that matter. It's all bubbly happy.
werrstonApr 11, 2010 11:48 AM
Jul 5, 2010 8:30 AM
Jul 2009
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok thx to this episode i will f****** drop this serie!
the only i wanted him to choose was sia, and there were many indicators that he would chose sia -................-
so to me right now he can die in a car crash like his parents >.>
my fav was the first to be taken out of the race pfff
Jul 24, 2010 12:48 AM

Apr 2010
great ending you can have multiple wives in heaven a?
Its better to have burned out than to have never really shined...
Jul 29, 2010 1:07 AM

May 2008
Sep 28, 2010 5:42 AM

Apr 2008
Well, Episode was great in it's way,and there was nothing wrong with how the "other" Sia played her game, she just really wanted to get the real Sia to get a good hold on Rin-kun.
I'm more curius about the place where the gods live--- Polygamous society huh,hm.. means SIa's still hoping for Rin to pick her as a 2nd wife or something. well,that will never happend anyway, cowardly Rin!
Nov 16, 2010 2:44 PM

Jul 2010
I dislike Asa so I'm kinda pissed with this ending -_- I liked Sia a lot, I really hoped for her or Nerine... I would think it's really stupid if he ended up with Asa, the whole plot involving the demons and the gods would be unecessary in my opinion... I kinda hoped Sia would've blew up something out of frustration or sadness but too bad :( Well I can just hope it won't be Asa in the end...
Jan 13, 2011 8:17 PM

Mar 2008
DeAvalon said:
BTW is it possible to abort one twin and no the other?

Sure thing. Coathanger.

Anyway, what the fuck? The bitch basically walked up to the gutless protagonist and told him she was a certified schizophrenic, and not just by chance but because of some semi-abortion spirit transfer wacko-shit. And the guy would not have had a problem with that if he hadn't another love interest. I bet the guy who came up with that story is still laughing his ass off about how people kept buying games, DVDs and eventually even marketing this pile of shit to the foreigners.
I don't know karate, but I know karazy
Feb 17, 2011 3:12 PM

Oct 2010
The only good things of this ep was the last 5-10 sec when she admits that she is totally cool with sharing him... but then again if that was true the other Sia wouldn't have been so persistent to have him all for herself O_o
huh?
Mar 27, 2011 11:02 PM

Sep 2010
Does this mean sia is out of the running? YESHHHHHHHHHH!! kaede ftw...i guess asa is ok too
Apr 24, 2011 7:17 PM

Jul 2010
Jeeez i think Sia is the best choice tough the others are really really nothing,...
Rin what an asshole die please.
Jul 30, 2011 12:43 AM

Mar 2009
This has to be the cheesiest and most melodramatic, cliche harem anime there is... Going through this episode was like Golgotha, and boobies weren't enough to save it.

I simply don't get what's the big deal and why can't Sia or every other girl when they have their turn on Rin, can't just be a little bit cooler? They get overly dramatic and try too hard to squeeze out some deeper meaning to their feelings because obviously there's none there.

Shakespeare's comedy "Much ado about nothing" as a title only, would fit this show very well.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Jan 25, 2012 8:13 PM

Jan 2011

I feel like Kikyou didn't have to go away. She just had to... Stop being a major bitch. :33 But anyway, the scene with Sia and Kikyou in the womb made me "Awwww" and so did the whole "I love you" with all the flower petals and stuff...

Regards,
Komiya
Formerly gutsyGumshoe
May 4, 2013 7:30 AM

Sep 2011
GODDAMMIT I WANT TO THROW MY CHAIR AND MY LAPTOP ANYWHERE!

Also, this episode proves also Sia is really the best choice even we're going to consider either Rin's or our own feelings because once he become the King of Gods, he can marry all of his harem. So if Rin can't fucking decide because he's spineless, pick Sia so he can marry the others and Sia of course.

Dark_Reaper said:
there were many indicators that he would chose sia -................-

Very fucking true. What the studios did is to tease us Sia fans. GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!

werrston said:

And what I HATE about this show is that none of the girls ever show jealousy, hurt, hatred, or envy or any "ugly" emotion for that matter. It's all bubbly happy.

Indeed. That's also what I hate the most on this show. They should done omnibus format like what they did on Yosuga No Sora.

May 19, 2013 10:02 PM

Feb 2013
I liked how things wrapped up between Sia and Rin, she understands that she can't force him to love her. So at least their on good terms.
Jul 25, 2013 8:03 PM

Jun 2012
Wtf is this...I've never seen something so stupid. The whole twin thing was so poorly done.

Guess Sia lost.
Aug 20, 2013 2:36 AM
Aug 2013
LOL! dat epic permission right at the end basically saying marry me and you could have as many wives as you want you know.
Apr 12, 2014 5:02 PM
Jun 2013
Good thing the twin left. I couldn't stand the "other sia" at all...
Apr 29, 2014 8:11 AM

Apr 2014
Ending to this episode saved it really.

My main issue with this show as someone else stated is that the female characters don't really show any form of jealousy. These girls supposedly love him, yet they're quite cowardly with their emotions.

I don't get why people think Rin is a dick though? What, because he doesn't pick the girl that you happen to like the most? Psssh. MC just seems like a normal guy to me, not a wuss, not a Gary Stu.
Tonight, Synklare joins the hunt.
May 27, 2014 4:15 PM
Oct 2013
I feel like the author or whoever decided how the story would work (at least in the anime) purposely crapped on all the other females except Asa. I can totally see Asa and Rin happening for sure now. If this is true, I like the unpredictability but poor character choice...Asa is annoying.

As for the lack of jealousy thing, I can see jealousy but it's not as blatant as the girls acting like little b*tches about it. When Rin is having a moment with the other females, there are always shots of the neglected females looking concerned or something (similar to Sia at the market when Rin was with Asa). Aside from Sia's nutty twin, Kaede's the only one blatant with her jealousy (but in the form of self pity).
Sep 14, 2014 9:46 AM

Jan 2013
It's Polygamous Rin-kun

(So better marry me and the rest can be yours aswell ...)
Apr 18, 2015 7:54 PM

Mar 2011
The best episode out there. I'm glad I was able to watch this episode, really. I almost dropped it at the beginning of the last episode.
Apr 30, 2015 6:54 AM

Apr 2015
I like the series enough to finish it, but I feel like this series just throws things in out of nowhere too much. For example, prior to the last two episodes, was there any indication that Sia had an evil side, let alone a twin that was never born? Seems kind of contrived. Like Primula suddenly getting sick for a few episodes but now everything is fine. Or Nerine and Lycoris. It seems like they suddenly wanted to change the direction of the show and make it more dramatic, so they started inventing as much drama as they could and went overboard.

Still, I think with this episode they might have finally found a tonal balance between silly and dramatic.
Mar 29, 2016 8:37 PM
Dec 2014
Wow. I was completely off in my last comment. Other Sia ended up being a very realistic character by the end, and I was almost sad to see her go. I'll admit that she irked me for the first half of this episode, but part of me feels like the ending kind of made up for that, or came close to if nothing else. It was also really refreshing to see a character showing jealousy and being so straightforward for a change. I am left wondering why Sia had to be born as an only child though. It seems really odd to only want a single child if you're going to have twins. It also doesn't seem like a choice that Sia's father would make, but maybe he was completely different before becoming a father or something.

Oh, and heaven suddenly seems like a great place in the world of Shuffle.

Also, I just want to point out that I really enjoy Shuffle's world. Having gods and demons interact with the human world is a great idea, and I love that the gods and demons aren't enemies as well. If anything, they seem like really strong allies, if the friendship between Sia and Nerine's fathers is anything to go off of.
Apr 30, 2016 6:58 PM
Mar 2015
RIP Kikyo you where my fav character for a moment...

Why Rin?
May 24, 2016 6:55 AM

Mar 2014
I'm in for some 'hardcore drama'~. One of the reasons that led me to this show .
Dude , that last message is totally legit ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2016 6:56 AM

Mar 2015
So who is this person that Rin-kun choose? I dont have a clue.

3.2/5
Oct 5, 2017 5:54 AM

Sep 2012
De-JaY said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I don't know whether it's good or bad that Sia's other self left her. She was really scary before. Oo

Kaede really called the police. That's a bit... extreme. xD

i laughed hard at hes face when he got home XD
Nov 10, 2017 9:22 AM

Dec 2014
first it was licuros mix up and now this….this is so complicated…but I guess both characters started again and then there are hints of polygamy in the end… honestly still rooting for Asa san but will not mind polygamy situation
Nov 20, 2017 7:34 PM
Mar 2017
A bipolar ... Another one that is artificial ... Another one that destroys her back but actually puts her to a thousand .... Another one that should be dead but not ... One that he knows feels something but still nah .... HIGH STRESS SHIT XD
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
May 11, 2022 8:42 AM

Nov 2010
If I was Sia, I'll just search for a different guy. Rin is such a lame ass guy for such tactics to work on anyways. Unless, deep inside, he's aiming for the harem route, then I must say well played!

Sia was so nice this ep. especially in that red dress. If I was Rin, I'd devour her!

If it's a polygamous society, then just skip school already, marry all his waifus and be the master of both realms. It's too bad Rin's brain doesn't work logically. lol
Jun 17, 2022 7:41 PM

Jan 2020
Sia's panties say "God." Man, her other self rocketed straight to the top of the list of most annoying characters in the history of anime. That being said, her flashing her tits was fairly hot, I'll give her that one. Even so...

Don't you have to usually wait awhile before you can report a missing person? Kaede wasn't messing around, sheesh.

So, I guess Rin isn't going to pursue Sia or Nerine. If he chooses anyone at all, will it be Kaede then? I'm somewhat surprised since it seemed like the anime was heavily favoring Sia. The disappointing reveal being that if Rin had ended up with her, he'd be in a polygamous paradise. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if that would be wasted on him.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 5, 2022 10:28 PM

Dec 2018
good god this arc was just...something else
Apr 29, 2023 8:56 PM

Oct 2022
Wild episode. 

I'm not entirely convinced Sia is out of the race, but Rin seems to have moved on from... whatever the heck they had going on in the first half of the show. 
Sep 28, 2023 11:17 PM

Dec 2022
Mirror-Sia was actually Sia's deceased sister? She took over Sia's body just to get rejected, and then disappeared on her own accord in defeat. A melancholy affair indeed. It's a shame too, because I found Mirror-Sia to be a really enjoyable character.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

123 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:25 PM

Poll: » Whoelse thought Kaede was going to kill Asa

Lost_Hearts - Dec 9, 2023

0 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:53 PM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

77 by Saku33 »»
Nov 12, 2023 8:09 AM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

voidbringer - May 27, 2008

90 by Saku33 »»
Nov 12, 2023 7:33 AM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

52 by Saku33 »»
Nov 12, 2023 6:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.