Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2013 2:52 AM

Oct 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The Ruby Sheds Bloody Tears

That lady was creepy.

The ritual sacrifice scene was neat.

A pretty good story as far as Lupin episodes go.

Dec 2, 2013 7:27 PM

Jun 2010
This episode really needed to push the vampire shtick harder. It doesn't really seem like a vampire story until right at the end, with scene with the black robes. It's not like it was doing anything interesting with the idea, so aiming for camp was probably the way too go and it's starts out way too late with that.

Unusually, Jigen's bullets actually draw a little bit of blood.
Jun 19, 2014 9:10 PM

Oct 2009
Fronzel said:
Unusually, Jigen's bullets actually draw a little bit of blood.

Yeah, Jigen again kills people (which weren't really that guilty since they were just hypnotized/charmed), just like in episode 8
Feb 16, 2018 4:27 AM

Jan 2012
In which Lupin tries to recover Dracula's Heart, a ruby ring said to produce blood granting eternal youth once every 100 years. Well not quite eternal, it hasta be redone every hundred years to maintain the effect. You know, I only took one screengrab from this one, but it was because I got pretty absorbed in it. The general idea behind the plot, plus its significance with regards to Lupin and Fujiko was surprisingly interesting. Plus I'm a suck for horror imagery such as in the last section. I almost feel like this coulda made for a decent Lupin film or something. They've certainly done weirder ones. Also interestingly it was our second episode with someone tied up to a cross! Oh well Fujiko, you lost eternal youth, but got the ring. And in a sense you have eternal youth anyway, considering you've existed since the 60s and 70s and continue to be young and beautiful...the benefits of animation I suppose. XD

Mar 21, 2019 11:09 PM

Oct 2012
Fujiko is saved but she's really ungrateful because she didn't know :P

Haha I don't know about you but women will be angry like Fujiko if they knew anti-aging potion is destroyed xD
"Signature removed"
Aug 1, 2019 9:15 AM

Sep 2011
So that "mama" was pretty much a vampire who could "charm" others, and live forever as long as she had that ruby, huh. Funny that her charms didn't work with Lupin when they worked even on Fujiko. I guess he really hates working for other people, and he has to steal what he set his sights on too. lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin III: Part III Episode 1 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Aug 19, 2011

21 by SourNote2014 »»
Mar 3, 1:43 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part III Episode 10 Discussion

animefan8800 - Feb 16, 2018

4 by kur0_42 »»
Feb 19, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part III Episode 5 Discussion

animefan8800 - Feb 15, 2018

6 by kur0_42 »»
Feb 14, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part III Episode 2 Discussion

Serhiyko - Jun 3, 2014

9 by Drozdz8000 »»
Sep 12, 2023 11:48 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part III Episode 13 Discussion

-Adam- - Mar 23, 2013

16 by SourNote2014 »»
Jun 7, 2023 6:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.