Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2013 1:51 PM
Nov 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Spoilers for the last chapter are out, only a couple of images so I don't know what to think until I have the whole chapter.

Confirmed that Aika won't resurrect (sorry for those who still got their hopes up). The envelope which she left to Hakaze had a USB with a film of her where she undresses and everybody gets freaked out at the content but it was Aika's way of trying to brighten them up after being dead.

They visit her grave and bring flowers after watching the video.

There's an image of Mahiro with a new girl who is his girlfriend, Hanemura with Yu-chan and Yoshino with Hakaze walking together so probably Yoshino x Hakaze?
flamingo-chanMar 11, 2013 2:15 PM
Mar 11, 2013 9:08 PM
Oct 2011
Well about Yoshino and Hakaze....

...he actually rejects her. He told her the nicest way possible her feelings for him will dwindle down and that it's just a moment thing(don't take my word for this, but that's what everyone was saying).

And they're also saying Mahiro's new girlfriend may be the one that he rescued from earlier on. The one that Yoshino said that Mahiro might of only helped anyone if she resembled Aika, which they have the same face, sorta....but eh, she's nothing special..maybe I'm just biased cause I don't want Mahiro to have a girlfriend.

The USB thing was Aika being Aika, she's adorable. I'll edit if I find out more.
Fallen_LullabyMar 11, 2013 9:13 PM
Mar 11, 2013 10:11 PM

Sep 2011
Lame if true, I wanted a Yoshino x Hakaze end.
Mar 12, 2013 11:53 AM
Mar 2013
on J CAFE there has been made a nice short summary on the last ending chapter of the manga:

-Yoshino and Mahiro got accepted into Uni
-Magumu and Yucchan got back together, Meg wanted to introduce Yucchan to Mahiro and Yoshino
-Tetsuma, Natsumura and Junichirou think Yayamoro and Samon are dating. It’s not told if it’s true or not
-Hakaze got a driving license now that she has to live normally without magic
-Aika’s message was about how happy she was after she met the two of them. Then as a bonus she said she’d let them see her naked body before dying – Of course she was just joking
-Mahiro tells before Fuwa grave that he won’t live like Aika, who thought she’d live in a play someone else wrote. He said he’ll write his on script and live how he wants. He also says that once Yoshino makes a new girlfriend, he’ll be a stranger to Aika, but Mahiro’ll always be his big bro -^^-
-Aliens sent a message to earth congratulating their winnign against the tree and apologizing and leaving the rest to humans to do what they want
-Mahiro got a new girlfriend. The girl same he saved before the happenings of the first chapter in a town that was turned into metal. He was afraid of introducing her to Yoshino since Yoshino had already stolen one of the girls he liked XD The girl, Hayashi Mimori, says she’s not interested in Yoshino, but then Mahiro just says that her sister told him the same thing and feels blue
-Hakaze wants to date Yoshino for real
-Yoshino says that there are lots of other guys out there better than him
-Hakaze snaps and says that no other man could hande such a troublesome woman other than Yoshino

!!!!!All the credits for the guys at Jcafe24!!!!!
Mar 12, 2013 12:41 PM

Nov 2008
A great ending for a great series!

And yes, Aika was quite the joker right to the end. LOL (keyboard clean-up time for the boys...)

And a neat closure with the girl mentioned right at the beginning.

BTW - the raws are online at Sen Manga:

http://raw.senmanga.com/Zetsuen_no_Tempest/44/

Whoever did the scanning left in nearly 40 pages of colour ads before the manga actually starts...and most of those ads have nothing to do with ZnoT.

I'll get my hardcopy in a day or two and then I will re-read it at my leisure. (I hate being pestered by pop-ups and other garbage on scan-sites, but I put up with them in this case for once...)
dbaranyiMar 12, 2013 2:38 PM
Mar 12, 2013 2:04 PM
Mar 2013
With the vid that Aika left, it's clear that she really loved Yoshino romantically. I'm pretty sure Yoshino rejects Hakaze at the end since he says that her reason for why they should date, him being the only one being able to handle a difficult woman like her, is illogical. From the way he talks about how come she is still obsessed with him and not moving on, it seems like her feelings actually trouble him ^^. He rejects her very nicely though, very Yoshino like. I think the mangaka chose to not let Yoshino move on with Hakaze to show just how deep his feeling for Aika runs. Plus IMO, it would give the series a bitter sweet taste this way.

As for Mahiro, having a new girlfriend could be a consolation price + show him as a strong man who knows when to move on. It looks like his girlfriend is a very nice match for him with her bubbly personality. For once, Mahiro doesn't seem to be "wearing the pants" as much lol.
Mar 12, 2013 2:12 PM
Sep 2012
ma25 said:
on J CAFE there has been made a nice short summary on the last ending chapter of the manga:

-Yoshino and Mahiro got accepted into Uni
-Magumu and Yucchan got back together, Meg wanted to introduce Yucchan to Mahiro and Yoshino
-Tetsuma, Natsumura and Junichirou think Yayamoro and Samon are dating. It’s not told if it’s true or not
-Hakaze got a driving license now that she has to live normally without magic
-Aika’s message was about how happy she was after she met the two of them. Then as a bonus she said she’d let them see her naked body before dying – Of course she was just joking
-Mahiro tells before Fuwa grave that he won’t live like Aika, who thought she’d live in a play someone else wrote. He said he’ll write his on script and live how he wants. He also says that once Yoshino makes a new girlfriend, he’ll be a stranger to Aika, but Mahiro’ll always be his big bro -^^-
-Aliens sent a message to earth congratulating their winnign against the tree and apologizing and leaving the rest to humans to do what they want
-Mahiro got a new girlfriend. The girl same he saved before the happenings of the first chapter in a town that was turned into metal. He was afraid of introducing her to Yoshino since Yoshino had already stolen one of the girls he liked XD The girl, Hayashi Mimori, says she’s not interested in Yoshino, but then Mahiro just says that her sister told him the same thing and feels blue
-Hakaze wants to date Yoshino for real
-Yoshino says that there are lots of other guys out there better than him
-Hakaze snaps and says that no other man could hande such a troublesome woman other than Yoshino

!!!!!All the credits for the guys at Jcafe24!!!!!

Thank you very much for the summary.

I have a question, Yoshino said something in the tomb of Aika. You know what Yoshino says?
Mar 12, 2013 3:03 PM
Mar 2013
I have copied the summary from jcafe24 from someone there. I dont know japanese sorry.
Mar 12, 2013 3:30 PM

Nov 2012
Damn Yoshino, he started as a cool character, but got quite gay towards the end.
Why can't he date Hakaze...
On the other hand, Mahiro scared of Yoshino stealing his girlfriend, quite funny.
Mar 12, 2013 4:01 PM
Mar 2013
There is a annoucement that Zetsuen no Tempest manga will get a spinoff!

On Anime news network this was stated:

However, Saizaki with writer Kyo Shirodaira and story collaborator Arihide Sano are continuing with a spinoff story. end quote.
Mar 12, 2013 6:43 PM

Nov 2008
Reading the last few pages again, a couple of things stand out to me. First and foremost on the second to last page where the author wrote:

“Hajimari wa owari, owari wa hajimari.” ... “The beginning is ending, the ending is beginning”

That's a very positive statement – I interpret it as meaning that everyone has a new beginning now.

And equally importantly, on the final page, all six are walking away as couples, includint Yoshino and Hakaze. So my interpretation is that Yoshino is being his usual non-commital self and hasn't truly rejected Hakaze, otherwise he would have gone his own way.
Mar 29, 2013 6:24 AM
Feb 2010
Bump
Agree with the guy before me, looking at Yoshino that wasn't the face of someone rejecting Hakaze. The mood was also light hearted.
To my it sounded somewhat light, you know like "Are you really sure about this, im a crappy person etc", and "if you are sure then..." not a gentle rejection.

Moreover the author just spawned a girlfriend out of thin air for Mahiro to be with, doesn't feel like he would end it with a "bad" ending for Hakaze. Also to be stuck with your dead girlfriend doesn't seem like a good ending for yoshino either, its like his charachter didn't grow at all from all this.

Also they walked next to each other exactly like the other 2 couples.

So it up in the air if you ask me.

Hope we see them together in the sequel. Anyone knows more about this? Is it with the same protagonists? Is there a place here for it?
Apr 16, 2013 5:51 PM

Oct 2008
Just to make it clear, I read the last chapter and it ends with a light-hearted banter between Yoshino and Hakaze. Yoshino doesn't reject her, but he doesn't accept her either.
In the last two pages it is written and I translate: "The/a beginning is an ending, an ending is a beginning. So let's begin anew. To each their own tale (meaning that each will create their own stories)." The last pages do show that all of them together in 3 pairs though, so thinking that Yoshino will end up with Hakaze is entirely acceptable.
Apr 18, 2013 12:23 PM

Jan 2012
Great ending the only thing the anime did btter was yoshino not friendzoning hakaze.also there's a special chapter after 44 about mahiro's girlfriend
Apr 21, 2013 3:31 PM
Apr 2013
I really can't understand anything since anything above chap 25 is in raw, but I had to see the manga ending after watching anime ending lol. From what people are saying, it sounds like that Yoshino tried to gently steer her away from him, but she reacts harshly saying it won't happen. I think Yoshino + Hakaze will happen, if the story went on.
Jun 3, 2013 2:14 AM
Jan 2013
I prefer this end more then the anime because you get to see Mahiro’s girlfriend and that they all end up hanging out together at the end.
Aug 12, 2013 9:10 PM

Nov 2012
tomtomr92 said:
I prefer this end more then the anime because you get to see Mahiro’s girlfriend and that they all end up hanging out together at the end.

To be honest, I couldn't care less for Mahiro, I only wanted to see Hakaze x Yoshino, but didn't happen so far (It may happen in the specials). Also, I kind of hate the change in Yoshino, he was bit cooler and insteresting at the begining, but at the end he became a pussy. I feel like the mangaka felt sorry mahiro and try to make him quite a important figure towards the end of the series.
Oct 9, 2013 7:52 AM
Jan 2010
Yoshino x Hakaze just won't happen (and I'm really happy about that)
In Hakazes extra chap she stated that he still rejects her and in the one with Samon as a housewife, Samon also says he and Hakaze should date (he doesn't approve of this but he wants Hakaze to know that Yoshino is a bad guy and she can't unless she's actually dating him or something), so they still aren't a couple. And AGAIN, Yoshino says he doesn't want to date Hakaze.
I hope Hakaze meets someone other, someone who isn't like Yoshino, someone she can be really happy with (I don't think Yoshino could make her happy, I just don't)

But well, as long as there are still special chapters coming, it could be happening... (I still don't believe it)
Oct 22, 2013 1:01 PM
Oct 2013
TaitouShirei said:
Yoshino x Hakaze just won't happen (and I'm really happy about that)
In Hakazes extra chap she stated that he still rejects her and in the one with Samon as a housewife, Samon also says he and Hakaze should date (he doesn't approve of this but he wants Hakaze to know that Yoshino is a bad guy and she can't unless she's actually dating him or something), so they still aren't a couple. And AGAIN, Yoshino says he doesn't want to date Hakaze.
I hope Hakaze meets someone other, someone who isn't like Yoshino, someone she can be really happy with (I don't think Yoshino could make her happy, I just don't)

But well, as long as there are still special chapters coming, it could be happening... (I still don't believe it)

See the last extra special chapter :p (06 i think). It's not translated yet so I'm not sure what the dialogue between hakaze and yoshino is but they look pretty happy.
Dec 5, 2013 1:16 PM

Aug 2013
Does anyone know where to find translations past ch 28?
Aug 5, 2015 9:51 PM
Feb 2015
The last chapter implies they end up together.
AND the SPECIALS (last one) they indeed are together.

Anime basically showed the kissing/hugging scene right before it blacks out lol
Nov 30, 2015 5:23 PM

Jul 2013
TheKidUzumaki said:
The last chapter implies they end up together.
AND the SPECIALS (last one) they indeed are together.

Anime basically showed the kissing/hugging scene right before it blacks out lol

People really need to look at tone. The mangaka never really gave me a vibe that he was going to let Yoshino not be able to move on with a new love. Aika wouldn't have wanted that which is clear from her goodbye message.
retributionisblind.wordpress.com
Dec 2, 2015 12:42 PM
Aug 2011
uhhh i spent 3 years reading this and now I could hardly remember shit
my tastes aren't the same and now i'm aware that I don't care for these characters anymore

and Mahiro's gf was annoying
May 19, 2016 2:27 PM

Nov 2011
Haha, Aika's final message was kinda funny for the last part. What a troll to the very end.

Eh I wish this series had a regular release schedule as I have some vague memories about it. Ending was okay I guess but I felt slightly underwhelmed. So the main characters have partners now while Aika is no longer in the world. Well, I'm not surprised? 7/10.
May 19, 2016 7:51 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
:/ Gawd it's finally over!!!

The plot was too complex to remember so it didn't leave a good after taste when I finished it.
May 27, 2016 4:44 AM

Jun 2010
This manga started slow but interesting.

Then it got incredible - magic was cool, yes, but it was every single character being in it for their own reasons that made the whole "first ending" so suspenseful. Mahiro in particular was able of being a hero or a villain, sometimes at the same time, making the whole thing way more unpredictable, especially when he was literally holding the means to finishing either of the two conflicted sides. The mystery was also engaging, mostly because of how much impact it had on the the main characters and thus - on the story.

But then the manga ended and... didn't realize it.

I don't want to say the second part was "unnecessary" - we still had plenty of unexplained, like Aika's death or the rumored second Magician - but the way they handled it I could not enjoy.

Incredibly slow.

Filled with overly dramatic and philosophical speeches.

Lots of sitting around.

Introducing the Magician of Exodus as a new random character when we were all hoping for a twist on one of the already existing ones.

Everything got washed down - in the first part, Hakaze was heavily implied (and eventually proven) to be incredibly powerful and wise, even when technically stripped of all her magic. You felt she was not to be trifled with and could win any battle.
In the second part the most she did (after volumes of absolutely nothing) was travel back to the past to watch what happened. Also flew around some ships in the big climax.

In the first part the Magician of Exodus was heavily implied to be a huge threat, an evil counterpart to the powerful Hakaze - and we all wanted to see one of the characters we'd already known to be revealed as that dangerous person, which would add to the stakes, as our villain would have the trust of our heroes.
But nope, we instead got a wimpy boy who doesn't know anything about anything and is on the heroes side. Sure, Aika turned out to have been the Magician previously, but that still didn't give us what that role was implied to be - a powerful, dangerous, deceitful villain.

And that's probably the biggest fault of the second part. It lacked conflict. The first part did have fighting "supernatural trees with powers", but we also had actual characters as villains. We had sides, we had battles, we had contradicting motives. In the second part we have literally everybody, even the villains from the first part, on the same side and they're fighting something akin to a "supernatural phenomenon" with their incredible abilities limited by public opinion and possibly tragic consequences of... doing things. Yeah, that's what it amounted to - we have all these amazing heroes, villains, wild cards from the first part of the story and they're together this time, united against a common enemy power, this should be sweet! So what they do is say: "we can't do anything or innocent people might die" and sit around talking. Yes, that is a very legit and very real problem - but for crying out loud, that doesn't make for an interesting story! Make them use their magic in different ways - if they can't fight the trees, have them investigate the trees, maybe talk to the trees' senders - we literally have aliens in this series and nothing is done with them!

Also, for something that is the very core of the story, the trees are not very well-explained. I can't remember what they were remotely about - and whether they did explain it or not doesn't even matter, because even if they did... those are trees! Of course I forgot that stuff, I'm not gonna get invested into the complex motivations of freakin' trees! Especially trees that seem to have no consciousness and the most they do is kill people when provoked. Why did we need to get rid of them again? Our villains are literally doing nothing, I do not care! In the first part the trees were kind of doomsday devices, sources of incredible power the villains - actual, proper villains - used for their own purposes. In the second part I don't even know why they're still around - the interesting parts remaining were solving Aika's murder and a promise of a new human villain (and the killer) in the Magician of Exodus. Neither one happened, but at least we got plenty of them tree talks.

I'm so disappointed in what this series turned into by the end.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Chapter 1 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Jan 5, 2010

6 by Ishiryoku »»
Jul 4, 2021 8:07 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Chapter 50 Discussion

removed-user - May 28, 2017

2 by Ericc_star »»
May 13, 2019 10:37 PM

» Special Chapter No 6

dbaranyi - Nov 26, 2013

4 by RedVelvetAllure »»
Apr 30, 2017 12:40 PM

» After watching the anime, where do I start?

Staisle - Apr 12, 2016

1 by removed-user »»
May 7, 2016 10:20 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Chapter 39 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2015

1 by animalia »»
May 2, 2016 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.