Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 3, 2013 5:52 PM
Jul 2012
Yeah i've been wondering if there is gonna be a season 3, i just recently picked up this anime and fell in love with it. There's enough material in the manga to do another season right? and from what i see the anime did pretty, what's stopping madhouse from making a season 3
Mar 3, 2013 5:58 PM

Nov 2010
There's over 1000 chapters, and I think the anime only got to like chapter 400. The VA for Takamura said near the end of New Challenger that they were going to make a sequel. Hopefully it will come one of these days, but we haven't had any news.
Mar 3, 2013 6:04 PM

Nov 2012
I would it love to have season 3.
Mar 3, 2013 6:19 PM
Jul 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
There's over 1000 chapters, and I think the anime only got to like chapter 400. The VA for Takamura said near the end of New Challenger that they were going to make a sequel. Hopefully it will come one of these days, but we haven't had any news.

When did he VA say that? was that like a while ago
Mar 3, 2013 6:30 PM

Nov 2010
Hostellord said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Here's the ANN news about it. He said it while New Challenger was airing.
Mar 4, 2013 12:26 PM
Jul 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Hostellord said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Here's the ANN news about it. He said it while New Challenger was airing.

Oh man thats pretty cool hopefully they make it happen
Mar 4, 2013 12:35 PM
Mar 2012
IntroverTurtle said:

Actually, he denied saying anything like that. I read it somewhere when I was looking for season3 news a while ago.
OP you could catch up with the manga, it's pretty good
edit: here it is, "At Anime Expo 2012 special guest Rikiya Koyama (the voice of Takamura) was asked this very same question and replied that, that was the fist he had heard of this but he would love to reprise the role "
we could still get a new season some day though after all the anime started 10y after the manga and new challenger came 9y after
ShadugeMar 4, 2013 12:40 PM
Mar 4, 2013 1:14 PM

Nov 2010
Shaduge said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Actually, he denied saying anything like that. I read it somewhere when I was looking for season3 news a while ago.
OP you could catch up with the manga, it's pretty good
edit: here it is, "At Anime Expo 2012 special guest Rikiya Koyama (the voice of Takamura) was asked this very same question and replied that, that was the fist he had heard of this but he would love to reprise the role "
we could still get a new season some day though after all the anime started 10y after the manga and new challenger came 9y after
Do you have the source on that? That's so messed up.

Yeah I am expecting a new season one day, apparently it's pretty popular. And like you said it took 9 years for New Challenger. Are you caught up on Ippo? How much episodes do you think they would be able to get out of it? Because I noticed the anime already took up like 400 chapters, that's a lot for that many eps.
Mar 4, 2013 3:12 PM
Mar 2012
IntroverTurtle said:

Yeah I am expecting a new season one day, apparently it's pretty popular. And like you said it took 9 years for New Challenger. Are you caught up on Ippo? How much episodes do you think they would be able to get out of it? Because I noticed the anime already took up like 400 chapters, that's a lot for that many eps.

I just read it on some forum but I think after 4 years it's kind of obvious it was just a rumor. I'm at 1004 right now, still missing a few since the scanlations are kind of slow. The first show is like HxH11, it's really close to the manga with no fillers and it managed to put 268 chapters in 76eps. After that there were 2 movies that covered the chapters till 315, and new challenger covered around 85 chapters in 26episodes, as you can see it's kind of like the first show if you multiply it by 3, so I think about 150 episodes for the remaining chapters, that's because in the last episode of new challenger they skipped some chapters so I doubt they'll go back for them and since most of the chapters in this manga are in the ring, if they were to do a good adaptation one would equal only a few minutes. But if they were to do a normal adapation, the sequel could go over 200 easily.
You should really catch up with it , there are some great fights in there, and the best thing is the character development and how it's not only focused on ippo, old characters also reappear from time to time.
Mar 4, 2013 5:23 PM

Nov 2010
Shaduge said:
IntroverTurtle said:

I just read it on some forum but I think after 4 years it's kind of obvious it was just a rumor. I'm at 1004 right now, still missing a few since the scanlations are kind of slow. The first show is like HxH11, it's really close to the manga with no fillers and it managed to put 268 chapters in 76eps. After that there were 2 movies that covered the chapters till 315, and new challenger covered around 85 chapters in 26episodes, as you can see it's kind of like the first show if you multiply it by 3, so I think about 150 episodes for the remaining chapters, that's because in the last episode of new challenger they skipped some chapters so I doubt they'll go back for them and since most of the chapters in this manga are in the ring, if they were to do a good adaptation one would equal only a few minutes. But if they were to do a normal adapation, the sequel could go over 200 easily.
You should really catch up with it , there are some great fights in there, and the best thing is the character development and how it's not only focused on ippo, old characters also reappear from time to time.
Well I heard there was some problem with the company, but that was probably wrong since I haven't heard it except for from one person.

Yeah I figured it was like that, the numbers didn't match up. I heard the manga itself is pretty slow paced. I would take that over 200 episodes right away, they need to get on that.
I'm still saving myself for the anime, I started reading when I caught up to the first series. But after a couple of days of reading, New challenger was announced. Watched that and was confused by what was changed. Yeah that's one thing I would have hoped that they would learn to focus on, character development of the other characters. Though New Challenger had like two Ippo fights and the rest were about other characters.
Jun 15, 2013 12:22 PM
Jun 2013
it takes 9 years to make 26 episode of the new challanger. what happen to madhouse? im not going to wait it, if it take anothers 9 years to make the 3rd season. mad house too much makin unecessary movies like death billiard, and others. i said it because i really love this anime. i watch it in 2013 and really fell in love to this anime but, its make me dissapointed to madhouse. sorry for my bad grammars
Jun 16, 2013 3:01 AM
Jun 2013
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-06-13/fist-of-the-north-star-raoh-voice-actor-kenji-utsumi-passes-away

Horrible news this afternoon. Kenji Utsumi, the voice actor who played Coach Kamogawa, died today at 75.

He's played several amazing characters. He was most famous for playing Raoh in the Fist of the North Star anime, and also played Senbei in Dr. Slump, Armstrong in Fullmetal Alchemist, Braiking Boss in Casshern, Shenlong in Dragon Ball, and many more roles. He was one of my favorite Japanese VAs.

RIP. this is the horrible thing when anime is to take rest to long. its gonna be awkward if the new season aired :(
Jun 18, 2013 9:06 AM

Feb 2013
sonjayamaulana said:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-06-13/fist-of-the-north-star-raoh-voice-actor-kenji-utsumi-passes-away

Horrible news this afternoon. Kenji Utsumi, the voice actor who played Coach Kamogawa, died today at 75.

He's played several amazing characters. He was most famous for playing Raoh in the Fist of the North Star anime, and also played Senbei in Dr. Slump, Armstrong in Fullmetal Alchemist, Braiking Boss in Casshern, Shenlong in Dragon Ball, and many more roles. He was one of my favorite Japanese VAs.

RIP. this is the horrible thing when anime is to take rest to long. its gonna be awkward if the new season aired :(

Not happy to hear that, but thanks for sharing the information. I really hope that he was able to record something just before he past as his 'last work'.
Jul 19, 2013 8:30 AM
Jan 2012
3rd Season of Hajime no Ippo

This year's 34th issue Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Manga is revealing on Wednesday that a third season of the television anime adaptation of George Morikawa's Hajime no Ippo (Fighting Spirit) manga has been green-lit. The anime is scheduled to begin airing this fall in Japan. The announcement image reads, “Ippo fights the formidable enemy, Sawamura! Dempsey breaks down!?”

Morikawa's long-running manga has spawned two television anime series, an OVA, and a TV special. Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger, the second season of the anime, aired in 2009. Geneon Entertainment (USA) released the first television series on DVD in North America. Kodansha is publishing the manga in Japan, and will release the 104th compiled volume next month.

http://cdn01.animenewsnetwork.com/thumbnails/fit400x400/cms/news/64884/hajime.jpg
Jul 29, 2013 12:04 PM
Sep 2012
SEASON 3 CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ParaParaJMo - Jun 30, 2009

127 by UncleWinkleDink »»
May 12, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ParaParaJMo - Jun 16, 2009

140 by UncleWinkleDink »»
May 11, 11:04 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ParaParaJMo - Mar 17, 2009

66 by UncleWinkleDink »»
Apr 22, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

superjesus - Mar 9, 2009

64 by UncleWinkleDink »»
Apr 21, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ParaParaJMo - Apr 21, 2009

75 by Meritas »»
Mar 16, 4:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.