Forum Settings
Forums

[Anime] An anime that everyone likes yet you can't be bothered to watch?

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 3, 2013 6:34 AM
Jun 2013
I just can't watch/read Naruto I just can't,
or HOTD, I like apocalyptic stories but dude, tits don't bounce like that.

And SAO, god, a friend played me the first episode and I thought it was just your typical conveyor belt anime that would be forgotten, so I was pretty shocked when I found out that it had such a massive fanbase.

And I forced myself through Death Note but it was more like paging through at the end, its unique but and all, but the L fangirls are getting on my nerves.

I gave in to watch Attack on Titan, I'm just such a sucker for terrorizing and ruthless series that won't play nice, I understand why people dislike the hype, but I'll be honest and say that I do not find it overrated at all.
Sep 17, 2013 10:01 PM

Oct 2012
I can't get in Naruto... Sorry all of those fans, but i Completely hate it. I sat through all the filler up to the Sasuke Arc. After that I said I am done. I've heard the manga isn't as bad, but after my experience with it i don't want to touch it again.

HOTD, just a excuse to show tits and as much nudity as possible while fighting zombies. If your into ecchi and harems go for it. For me Ive seen enough of for the rest of my anime watching. I enjoyed it at the time, but it just irritates now.

D.Gray-man, boring to me, I just couldn't get into it. Everything in it was bland to me and nothing had me hooked. Someday ill retry it.

I like to keep a 4 episode rule. A standard to how most anime is setup before dropping. For rating it, I must watch it all.
Sep 18, 2013 1:30 AM

Aug 2013
Hussin said:
CLANNED
season 2

Same here! I hated Nagisa with all my being!
“Equivalent exchange! I'll give you half of my life, so give me half of yours!” Edward Elric
Sep 18, 2013 2:07 PM
Feb 2013
creep615 said:

D.Gray-man, boring to me, I just couldn't get into it. Everything in it was bland to me and nothing had me hooked. Someday ill retry it.

I like to keep a 4 episode rule. A standard to how most anime is setup before dropping. For rating it, I must watch it all.

I keep re-trying to watch D. Gray Man. Every time I hope it gets better. Eeeeverytime I skip 10~30~100 episodes. Nope, not working.

Same here! I keep a threeish episode rule- first two episodes and one episode later on.
Oct 4, 2013 7:52 PM
Feb 2013
Hussin said:
I CANT ATCH THIS ANIME
NGE

what anime art thou speaking of?
Oct 7, 2013 3:47 PM

Aug 2012
Code Geass. I'm still on ep4 for who knows how many months now.
Oct 8, 2013 2:43 PM

Mar 2013
Ugh, Clannad; I can't stand it anymore... same for Toradora.

Come visit the Rec club! Everyone gets confused as to what they want to watch or read next. :T

Here is the Official Rec Club list of Recommendations!
Oct 8, 2013 4:26 PM
Feb 2013
julyan04 said:

skip the first season and watch R2! you might want to check up some of the characters so you don't get confused, but overall it's much better.

blob said:
Ugh, Clannad; I can't stand it anymore... same for Toradora.

Clannad i could not stand from the very start; as for ToraDora, i use to love it. Now, i'm forcing myself to watch it. ;;
Oct 9, 2013 1:18 AM

Oct 2012
julyan04 said:

wow i thought ep 15 was hard
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Oct 9, 2013 7:23 PM

Jan 2013
Dragonball Z, I've watched like 30 episodes of Dragon but I've never understood the hype for it.
Oct 10, 2013 7:02 AM

Mar 2013
AqworldThunder said:
Dragonball Z, I've watched like 30 episodes of Dragon but I've never understood the hype for it.

'Cause it's old... now so many other series are influenced by this one that watching Dragon Ball would feel like you're watching a [more boring re-make] of any action anime series you've already seen that came later.

Come visit the Rec club! Everyone gets confused as to what they want to watch or read next. :T

Here is the Official Rec Club list of Recommendations!
Oct 10, 2013 10:18 PM

Oct 2012
AqworldThunder said:

Just watch Hakkenden 2, you'll get through DBZ in 13 episodes.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Oct 28, 2013 7:37 AM

Oct 2013
Don't know if everyone likes it but I can't get beyond episode 1 of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, it's not the art and no it's not weird I just can't get used to that pace. Only in ep1 happens so many stuff that I find kind of illogical based on what little character development I've seen. Does anyone know if I should stick with it cause it becomes better or something?
And it took me 6 months to get beyond ep.8 of code geass but after that I liked it very much.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Nov 5, 2013 3:11 AM
Mar 2013
Fairy Tail.. I just cannot seem to get up today. Must be because I started watching this a bit late. Its not bad. But not good either.. Its like a soap and since apparently its gonna be discontinued I should drop it instead..
Nov 10, 2013 12:04 PM
Feb 2013
blob said:
AqworldThunder said:

'Cause it's old... now so many other series are influenced by this one that watching Dragon Ball would feel like you're watching a [more boring re-make] of any action anime series you've already seen that came later.

It's such a shame; it makes me wish i was born in a simple age. It would be /so/ easy to be happy. ;u; *goes on and on*

soundscape said:
Don't know if everyone likes it but I can't get beyond episode 1 of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, it's not the art and no it's not weird I just can't get used to that pace. Only in ep1 happens so many stuff that I find kind of illogical based on what little character development I've seen. Does anyone know if I should stick with it cause it becomes better or something?
And it took me 6 months to get beyond ep.8 of code geass but after that I liked it very much.

I agree. I love the manga, but I can't get use to the anime either. I've been told it gets better later on, but I can't say for sure. And on the topic of Code Geass. . I skipped the first season completely, since it was boring to me. When I finished R2, I went back to watch it. (Magically, it got better the second time around.)
Nov 16, 2013 6:00 AM

Oct 2013
soundscape said:

I agree. I love the manga, but I can't get use to the anime either. I've been told it gets better later on, but I can't say for sure. And on the topic of Code Geass. . I skipped the first season completely, since it was boring to me. When I finished R2, I went back to watch it. (Magically, it got better the second time around.)

I actually managed to finish Jojo now and wrote a review about it. It's a pretty good and entertaining anime after episode 9. Give it a try or just watch from episode 10 or sth.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Nov 23, 2013 12:23 AM

Mar 2012
Shingeki no Kyoujin/Attack on the Titans. I can't really say whether its good or bad but the annoyingly huge fan-base and the main protagonist's face just ticks me off.
Nov 26, 2013 2:14 PM
Sep 2013
clannad. people said that its a masterpiece but it doesnt attract me at all..
Nov 28, 2013 6:34 AM

Mar 2012
hahailham1 said:
clannad. people said that its a masterpiece but it doesnt attract me at all..

Me too.... u.u
Nov 29, 2013 2:34 PM
Dec 2012
I really can't get into any of the big 3, Naruto, Bleach and One Piece I really don't have the attention span for them and they've been going on for so long I'd never catch up.
Dec 21, 2013 11:17 AM
Feb 2013
LoveFreak413 said:
I really can't get into any of the big 3, Naruto, Bleach and One Piece I really don't have the attention span for them and they've been going on for so long I'd never catch up.

That's what I thought about Bleach and Fairy Tail too, but I did it. 8'D

Although FT is over now, and I ditched Bleach after around 200 chapters. >_>
Dec 28, 2013 5:07 PM
Jan 2013
Shingeki no Kyojin... I've read it for about a year and then the anime came out and it blew up like crazy. Suddenly the taste of the story went sour. SNK had potential in my opinion but the fanbase is really stretching it thin. I don't see why it gained as much popularity as it did in the U.S.
Apr 26, 2014 9:14 AM
Sep 2011
Kill la Kill. I tried. I got to episode 3, but I couldn't stand the fanservice and it was quite boring.
May 11, 2014 5:38 AM
Jan 2014
Clannad - it's stupid and childish and the art is terrible. Dropped it at ep 6 and rated it 3/10.
May 16, 2014 6:57 PM

Nov 2012
woahevil1 said:
Itermin8rX said:
woahevil1 said:
KazukiJurai said:
JBMSOS said:
Harunee said:

What about Higurashi? Am I the only one who can't stand all the fucken psycho animes?

I never could get myself to finish Higurashi, it is just boring as crap.

Yeah, apparently I was supposed to like Serial Experiments Lain and Ghost in the Shell, they both sucked, and it's not because they are old, they just suck in my opinion.

You both are terrible people that deserve to be stuck with the Hinamizawa Syndrome.

Edit: I see that JMB is watching K-On! and his background is some loli from it.
That explains EVERYTHING.

K-on, that's definitely one anime that people seem rave about, yet I definitely can't be bothered watching that. I don't know why, but maybe, just maybe its really boring to watch lolis sit in a room for 3hrs doing nothing...

Pretty much it's nothing. It's dialogue over and over. I wonder why they'd rate Death Note 4 whilst some shit Slice of life loli show 10.

OMG K-ON IS KAWAII, I DON'T NEED TO THINK WHEN I WATCH IT, CAUSE THINKING HURTS MY BRAIN!!!! K-ON 4 LIF <3 <3 <3 <3

Thats why they rate it so highly

Because death note is not kawaii

LOL! l like BOTH Death Note and K-On!

Is there something wrong with me with my open mind and not a bias person who respects whatever other people preferences?
Jul 4, 2014 10:41 AM

Jul 2012
1) Clannad. Very slow paced anime and it tries soooo hard to look sad that it feels false. I also didn't like Nagisa: she has absolutely average personality.
2) AnoHana: voice actors sound terrible, when they are crying. So I would recommend Nagi no asukara.
3) Mushishi. Kino no tabi is way better as an episodic show.
Hayama-MizukiDec 31, 2014 2:57 AM
Sep 7, 2014 3:56 AM

Mar 2014
xFangero said:
Hussin said:
I CANT ATCH THIS ANIME
NGE

what anime art thou speaking of?

He's talking about Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 2, 2015 9:17 AM
Sep 2013
i take back my words. first 10 or so of clannad (and maybe 1st season) is boring, but managed to get thru. second season is brilliant.
Apr 9, 2015 7:17 AM

Oct 2012
Actually FMA series I simply cannot watch it feels like shit to me aha. Sorry guys if you like it but despite that I can see how well constructed it is.
Apr 20, 2015 10:21 AM

Jan 2015
First off, I'd say Madoka Magica. I don't really like the whole "magical girl" scenario. Secondly, maybe Attack on Titan. The story just doesn't sound very interesting to me.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Underrated anime

TigerD - Apr 20, 2014

2 by Netori »»
Mar 17, 2016 1:51 PM

» [Anime] Annoying animes, and why are they irritating? ( 1 2 )

ShintakoInari - Dec 2, 2012

63 by HijikataMayora13 »»
Jun 2, 2015 10:57 AM

» [Anime] Underrated genres?

Figma - Oct 9, 2013

5 by BohemianRhapsody »»
Apr 21, 2015 7:01 AM

» [Anime&amp;Manga] The bottom of the sea, aka the most underrated anime/manga titles!

ShintakoInari - Dec 9, 2012

43 by hahailham1 »»
Jan 2, 2015 9:18 AM

Sticky: » [OPEN] Member Cards!~

AnimeForDummies - Mar 3, 2013

26 by AznPandaOo »»
Jan 13, 2014 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.