Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 30, 2012 6:39 AM

Apr 2008
Hi ♥
This is a topic for all our club members to introduce themselves.
You may want to add to your introduction your favorite old-school mangas,
so we can understand your taste better ^_^
Anyway, just write what you would like us to know about you ^^
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 7, 2013 6:50 AM

May 2011
Hi!! I'm Arkiu, I've just joined this beautiful club; actually I've never read any vintage classic shoujo manga but I've got many on my plan to read list. I really like those times when girls were ladys and wore dresses and men were real gentlemen hehe It's like going back to the times of Jane Austen or the Brontë sisters.
I'll read these mangas that I'm sure will take me to ancient times =)
Mar 10, 2013 11:09 AM

Apr 2008
Arkiu said:
Hi!! I'm Arkiu, I've just joined this beautiful club; actually I've never read any vintage classic shoujo manga but I've got many on my plan to read list. I really like those times when girls were ladys and wore dresses and men were real gentlemen hehe It's like going back to the times of Jane Austen or the Brontë sisters.
I'll read these mangas that I'm sure will take me to ancient times =)

Ahh~ Thank you for calling the club beautiful, hehe
Although I am afraid it isn't active, nor did it improve much after I created it.
Speaking of members, I am quite amazed that over 60 people joined regardless of how undeveloped the page of this club is~ I guess it proves that there really are people who are passionate about classic shoujo manga!

Good luck with your plans of reading more classic shoujo in the future!
And Welcome~
P.s- LOVE Jane Austen and the Bronte sisters!!♥
Jun 23, 2014 10:09 PM
Jul 2013
Hello, my name is Kate and although I joined this club a little while ago, I never actually introduced myself. I must say that I adore classical shoujo manga. The art is so lovely and the characters are always more in depth with a secret background. You usually get to see the perspective of both the guy and girl main character as well as know their thoughts.

Some of my favorites are Miriam and The Prince's Cactus. Miriam is probably one of my all time favorite manga. That girl has so much spunk that its really hard not to fall in love with her character or laugh at how Douglas is always chasing after her when she let's her ideas run wild. Its just really cute and I would insist that for anyone who loves classical shoujo manga that Miriam is a must read! (*^_^*)

I'm also completely open to suggestions for other classical shoujo manga... I feel like I'm beginning to run out. I've read so many and now that I've started an account on myanimelist to keep it all organized, I find myself coming across manga everyday that I've read but still need to put on here.

Thank you for starting such a great club. Its nice to be able to check and see what I haven't touched yet! (*^_-)~+
Oct 23, 2015 1:58 PM

Jul 2015
Hello! I'm Serenade-hime! Though I'm more into the more recent style of shoujo. I don't really know any classic shoujo, except for maybe the manga of Pride & Prejudice, which I personally love! I hope I can get more into some older shoujo series soon! (^o^)/
"Your smile is worth to me more than any prize. That's all I need."
-Io Otonashi

🎶This is beautiful🎶
Apr 20, 2016 10:16 AM
Jan 2013
Hello I am Risa no Hime!!! I have never read classic shoujo like Candy Candy but I have also a lot of classics on my plan to read list. I personally like the older animes so why I don't give a try to older classics.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Any manga missing/ something to add?

oOFlowerFairyOo - Sep 30, 2012

3 by -kira »»
Jul 14, 2014 7:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.