Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 1, 2023 2:25 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to MoonPhos
Part of me is rooting for Jeanne since her first appearance as I pity her since she grew up on the streets and I liked how she was ambitious and took initiative to go after her goals while the other part of me doesn't want to anymore because of what she did to her sister Rosalie. Also it seems like the mother is hinting that only Rosalie is the true descendant of Valois while Jeanne has a different father.
@MoonPhos I stopped rooting for her, when she tried to have her sister killed, and left behind her sick mom.
Dec 1, 2023 2:34 AM

Apr 2017
Personally, Jeanne is a poor replacement for Du Barry thus far. Bu Barry at least has a few redeemable qualities, and she really did feel like the king was her Sun in a way. Though with Jeanne, she's just a pure evil villain. Like, cartoonishly evil.

I mean, you can definitely tell that Disney influenced this anime. Jeanne being her evil sister that lives good off of Rosalie's father, while Rosalie works to the bone to take care of her mother. Rosalie even looks like Cinderella.

Mar 31, 11:29 PM
Jul 2020
Jeanne is literally the embodiment of Madame Du Barry, but 10x worse. Also, could Rosalie’s mother have been trying to say that Rosalie is the true noble and Jeanne isn’t even noble in blood?! I hope Oscar somehow sees this and helps Rosalie!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 9 Discussion

DonKangolJones - Oct 19, 2008

44 by Cam1922 »»
Jun 1, 6:24 AM

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 3 Discussion

yma981 - Sep 24, 2008

42 by Cam1922 »»
May 31, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yma981 - Sep 23, 2008

66 by Cam1922 »»
May 27, 5:38 AM

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 38 Discussion

DonKangolJones - Dec 13, 2008

42 by ryougi_shiki07 »»
May 11, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 17 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Sep 6, 2011

25 by MysteriousFriend »»
May 5, 2:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.