Forum Settings
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 13, 2012 7:07 AM

Aug 2009
So, in the "Black Swordsman" side story (February 2024) Kirito said his level was 78, but in the ME1 doujinshi Klein said Kirito was 4 levels above his (which should be 71). Is there an translation error or one of them 'lied' on purpose?
Aug 13, 2012 8:48 AM

Feb 2009
Don't take the MEs seriously. It's validity as canon material is very debatable as many contradictions and inconsistencies take place when you include it. That's why it stayed in doujin form and never saw official print.
ME2 has Kirito and Asuna's levels close to each other when in Morning Dew Girl Asuna was level 87 while Kirito is over level 90(presumably level 92 or 93). There's not enough time after that and the clearing of the game for Asuna to reach level 94.
Aug 13, 2012 10:27 AM

Feb 2009
Kawahara apologized for that about the partying for the first time and other stuff(going to an NPC restaurant, etc.). It's in the afterwords.
But you can think of that statement as that was the first time they partied outside of boss battles. Makes things less confusing and at least makes it a bit consistent.

And I like to think that their meeting in the Aria SS is them just being acquainted to each other. Enough to be on speaking terms but not close yet. And Kirito gives her some sort of motivation to be strong to survive, hence her grinding hard to become a strong player and sub-leader of KoB and in the end being very strict. It's after Murder Case that they get closer up until the events of volume 1. Kirito also gave her(unconsciously again) a lesson on how to live and enjoy life in SAO, hence Asuna falling for him.

tl;dr SAO is fun to think things about but try not to think too deep about it and just enjoy reading.
Oct 21, 2013 12:01 PM
May 2013
If i'm not misstaken, his lvl should have been 96 or higher?, since in the episode close to the end where he was paralyzed by the member (or if it was former member) of the laughing coffin, they zoomed in on the paralyzis icon and you could see that his current level was 96. So it should have been 96 or higher, not 94...
Oct 19, 2016 12:54 PM

Jan 2014
Since you guys are already talking about levels, may I ask if any of you know what kind of stats SAO players had?

Okay, they obviously had something like Strength and Agility (or Dexterity) but what about other stats like Constitution and Luck and Intelligence (to speed up skill learning) and so on and so forth?

When I was watching the anime, I think I saw some player saying that he raised his HP stat to a high score or something...
Oct 25, 2016 1:07 PM

Jan 2014
Teckmeister said:
Since you guys are already talking about levels, may I ask if any of you know what kind of stats SAO players had?

Okay, they obviously had something like Strength and Agility (or Dexterity) but what about other stats like Constitution and Luck and Intelligence (to speed up skill learning) and so on and so forth?

When I was watching the anime, I think I saw some player saying that he raised his HP stat to a high score or something...

As much as I remember, there was an infinite amount of different stats in SAO (but not sure now). They can be leveled up to 1000.
Oct 25, 2016 4:59 PM
Oct 2015
belatkuro said:
Kawahara apologized for that about the partying for the first time and other stuff(going to an NPC restaurant, etc.). It's in the afterwords.
But you can think of that statement as that was the first time they partied outside of boss battles. Makes things less confusing and at least makes it a bit consistent.

And I like to think that their meeting in the Aria SS is them just being acquainted to each other. Enough to be on speaking terms but not close yet. And Kirito gives her some sort of motivation to be strong to survive, hence her grinding hard to become a strong player and sub-leader of KoB and in the end being very strict. It's after Murder Case that they get closer up until the events of volume 1. Kirito also gave her(unconsciously again) a lesson on how to live and enjoy life in SAO, hence Asuna falling for him.

tl;dr SAO is fun to think things about but try not to think too deep about it and just enjoy reading.

I think a more consistent explanation ( especially if you want to pull progressive into it as well ) would be that they really did spend the first few levels pretty much together but then somewhere around the 20th level they had a serious fight and went their separate ways with Kirito becoming an extreme solo and Asuna slowly becoming the ruthless slave driver she is rumored to have been in the original SAO.
After that for the next 10-20 levels they would pretty much ignore each others existence, however, with the stress of their daily routines and other experiences, the memories of their earlier adventures and of their fight would become muddled.
Then around level 40 they would switch to tsundre mode and start growing closer together by constantly bickering and arguing during boss raid gatherings.
And then with the 'In area murder case' they would both ( or at least Kirito ) do a bit of a mental reset.

Yohimo_asakura said:
Teckmeister said:

As much as I remember, there was an infinite amount of different stats in SAO (but not sure now). They can be leveled up to 1000.

i think SAO had only 2 base stats that you could see and directly increase when leveling up : agility and strength. In addition to that there was an theoretically infinite number of skills that caped out at 1000. And then there were a bunch of secondary hidden stats that changed in accordance to your skills, base stats and gameplay style.
Oct 26, 2016 2:18 AM

Jan 2014
aostri said:

i think SAO had only 2 base stats that you could see and directly increase when leveling up : agility and strength. In addition to that there was an theoretically infinite number of skills that caped out at 1000. And then there were a bunch of secondary hidden stats that changed in accordance to your skills, base stats and gameplay style.

Alright. Thank you for clarification. It's been a while since Ive read it (Ill reread it soon probably, because why not)
May 1, 2020 7:45 AM
May 2020
If you look closely in ep. 10, it says level is 96.

More topics from this board

» Stuff that made you lower your score/rating? [Spoilers]

Kazu-chan-san - Feb 17

7 by RobertBobert »»
Feb 18, 10:26 AM

» Still feels rushed

Cneq - Nov 14, 2022

7 by Saynarra »»
Jan 19, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Volume 4 Chapter 9 Discussion

Shadow_Strider - Dec 4, 2012

2 by eleonora_43 »»
Oct 14, 2023 4:23 AM

» Continue the LN after the last season

baltazak - Apr 5, 2023

2 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Oct 13, 2023 2:52 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Chapter 2 Discussion

Kiba_Senpai - Nov 27, 2022

0 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Nov 27, 2022 4:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.