Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 23, 2012 3:55 PM

Jun 2009
This one was actually a bit interesting, previous episodes were really boring but i dare say, i enjoyed this one.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 23, 2012 8:20 PM

Jul 2010
Dante's such a troll at the end, lol. Looked like Mr. Clean.
Jul 23, 2012 8:58 PM

Jun 2008
So what is this "duello" Liberta was talking about?
Jul 23, 2012 10:11 PM

Oct 2011
This is what i thinks is gonna happen in this series ....all the charactors will talk about their backstory ...the main fight will hapen and the end
Jul 24, 2012 5:11 AM

Sep 2010
I liked this episode more than 2 and 3. It doesn't beat the first episode though.

paganchick said:
The pace of this anime still worries me if it is to be a one season anime. Since the tournament seems like something that should encompass a great portion of the show and we still haven't seen even the beginnings of it.

It worries me too. I really hope the tournament begins soon.
Jul 24, 2012 7:51 AM

May 2011
So I have the hots for younger Dante although current him as his appeals as well. I just prefer hair. xD; Now with that shallowness out of the way, I'm glad that the series wasn't just more goofness. I like the uneasy relationship between Dante and Liberta. I hope that with time Liberta will both grow strong enough but also find that Dante's reasons were also sound.
Jul 24, 2012 8:14 AM

May 2008
I'm the only one who likes the anime? D: I'm really enjoying this, and this episode was nice. <3 Bleh, next episode prob. about Nova, hate him. :<
Jul 24, 2012 2:43 PM

Jul 2011
uh too much libertad in this episode. not enough Felicita. This doesn't look much like a reverse harem anymore. But i am hoping it will get better. I am hoping!
Jul 24, 2012 4:00 PM
May 2011
B-O-R-I-N-G.
Seriously.

This series could've become, so, SO much more. Everyone has their unique powers, imagine the fights the could've taken place in the series. But NO.
Let's talk about everyone's boring and generic backstories. Oh, let's also deliver clothes to an old woman.
Yaaaaaay.

All the action this series promises is seriously a friendly skirmish between the family members. Nothing more. No epic fights. No hatred. NOTHING. And the worst part is that 1/3 of the series has passed and IT HASN'T EVEN STARTED.

I expected much more from this. The start was horrible and it's going worse with each passing week. I've given it 4 chances already. One more similar episode and it's fucking dropped.
Jul 24, 2012 11:35 PM
Mar 2010
ehhhh. i don't like how close they're making Liberta and Felicita :/
i'd rather hear about Nova's past than Liberta's, but oh well. I guess it's coming up.
Nice episode nonetheless.
Jul 25, 2012 6:24 AM

Sep 2008
Next episode, Nova and his MILF.
LoL.

Of course, the chick doesn't train in this episode, again. And here she said that she's going to enter Duello and fight for her own future. Hah!
Jul 25, 2012 11:05 AM

Apr 2011
BORING EPISODE. If the next ep isnt good then i'm dropping this.
Jul 25, 2012 9:43 PM

Oct 2010
rainvalley said:
I liked this episode more than 2 and 3. It doesn't beat the first episode though.

paganchick said:
The pace of this anime still worries me if it is to be a one season anime. Since the tournament seems like something that should encompass a great portion of the show and we still haven't seen even the beginnings of it.

It worries me too. I really hope the tournament begins soon.

people need to be more realistic since this anime was based on an otome game. the tournament will probably be a very minor part at the end. character development will probably be the focus of the entire series. i could be wrong since i've never played the game. but based on my past history with shoujo and otome game adaptions, character development is what i'm mainly expecting.

people who keep complaining that there's no action obviously missed the fact that it's aimed towards the shoujo demographic not shounen. and it's based on an otome game (ie dating visual novel for girls) so seriously how much action did you really expect?
Jul 26, 2012 6:59 AM

Aug 2010
Okay, this wasn't horrible...nothing good, but it was at least average 3/5. If Liberta could freely use his ability that would be quite overpowered.
Jul 26, 2012 7:57 AM

Sep 2008
But he won't get to use that ability.
Spoiler people said that 99% of the story is daily life. The tournament is 1%.
And now I am confused why they feel the need to introduce everybody's ability in episode 1.
*getting off the ship now*
Jul 28, 2012 6:19 PM

Jul 2012
I enjoyed this episode. I liked the last half of it actually. I'm changing my rating from 7 to 8 for this show now.

Oh and the last part with Dante's true thoughts. That part reminded me of Ikkaku from Bleach :D

Looking forward to next episode. =P
Jul 28, 2012 7:25 PM

Feb 2010
Finally, the plot is starting to move, but this speed is still way too slow for me.
I can be patient and sit through this... so even though it can be freaking boring at times and I am literally snoring and my head is resting on my keyboard most of the time, I can get through it.

One thing I noticed was the striking resemblance in character of Felicita and Sawako in Kimi ni Todoke. Not in "appearance" of course, but in personalities and the way they talk...now one thing I clearly remember from Kimi ni Todoke was that Sawako didn't talk a lot (most of her talking goes on in her head) and so not talking gets her into a few problems along the way but she gradually begins to speak out with the help of that Kaze-kagi-haya-whats-his-face (you know who I'm talking about, lol)

ANYWAYYS, the reason why I mentioned that was because Sawako's personality would usually be quickly labeled as "boring" to most people because she's really kind of slow in thinking and a soft-spoken person, but I love her since I think it's so cute and pure. It's not the same with Felicita for me, though. She literally opens her mouth and says "oh, okay" or "yeah!" occasionally...and then you'd expect her to at least say a little more but...no? In the time I fell asleep I don't know if she really does some speaking, but it really bothers me. Okay, maybe I'm not hating on the character but the progress of character development. Someone needs to give her a freaking voice, and a more interesting personality or I'm going break my keyboards
WARNING: my head is pretty darn heavy.
Jul 29, 2012 1:24 PM

Feb 2010
Allecto said:
....Yup, my patience has run out with this anime. Consider yourself dropped, Arcana Famiglia. Hell, even the latest Hakuouki series is better than this so far, and we all know that show would be dull without the bishies.

High five . Perfect comparison *nods*

Jul 30, 2012 6:47 AM

Aug 2011
The power of words is a dangerous power. I wonder how badass Liberta would become once the seal is off?
Jul 30, 2012 9:40 AM

Apr 2011
silvermoon8573 said:
people need to be more realistic since this anime was based on an otome game. the tournament will probably be a very minor part at the end. character development will probably be the focus of the entire series. i could be wrong since i've never played the game. but based on my past history with shoujo and otome game adaptions, character development is what i'm mainly expecting.

people who keep complaining that there's no action obviously missed the fact that it's aimed towards the shoujo demographic not shounen. and it's based on an otome game (ie dating visual novel for girls) so seriously how much action did you really expect?

I hadn't realized this was based off of an otome game and now the fact is painfully obvious. I was really hoping it would be more action oriented :P

I'll still give it another few episodes before deciding whether or not to drop.
Jul 31, 2012 3:07 PM

Dec 2009
Nice episode, but I'm afraid that 12 episodes is not enough to show everyone's backstory, which is pretty sad 'cause I'd like to know them.
Aug 16, 2012 8:19 AM
Mar 2012
it wasn't bad... but it definitely wasn't good.

nuff said

That's my opinion but what you really have to understand is that this series is based off a visual dating game so it only makes sense if the episodes are mostly on character development.

2 more episodes and I'll most likely drop it.
MathewfigglehornAug 16, 2012 8:23 AM
Sep 10, 2012 9:21 PM
May 2012
Libertá T--T
Oct 8, 2013 12:40 PM

Dec 2010
Now this was a great episode, I enjoyed it totally. I really like how this anime's episodes doesn't revolve around just one happening. It was also great to get a background on Liberta, he's my favorite.

I like Felicita better as episodes pass as well.
May 16, 2014 11:27 PM

Jan 2010
A huge masked man took Liberta out of the orphanage when he was a kid. I get the sentiment and good intentions of the act, but initially, the mental image of that seemed...weird...
Mar 6, 2015 7:32 PM

Dec 2008
I want to date Dante and Jolly at the same time!

Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 22, 2015 6:34 PM

Sep 2014
past three episode were pretty bad, this one was some what good.
Sep 21, 2017 9:49 AM

May 2013
Chibi Libertá is sooooo adorbssssss!
But my poor behbeh D; it'll be okay soon~ Accepting your past and growing stronger takes time and effort

His Arcana powers thooooo. So friggin amazing.

This anime is so hit and miss with ppl. I find that funny lol. Glad it's a total hit for me! <3
Nov 14, 2017 4:31 PM

Oct 2009
More and more Liberta...as if the show doesn't suffer from a lot of Liberta already. From the first ep, I disliked Nova but I'm already starting to warm up to him and I was even relieved when Nova appeared when Liberta was in his angst mode. The childhood trio only appeared for a few minutes this ep. I'd rather see more of the trio instead. It's strange to see a serious side to Dante but I like it. I find Jolly really hot even if he is

I know I'm supposed to feel pity for Liberta for his screwed up childhood and sort of admiration for Dante for saving Liberta but I felt nothing lol Maybe the episode should've added more details on why the orphanage tortured children, how they know Liberta had powers, some scenes of Liberta warming up to Dante after the latter saving him etc but I guess that would be too much content in a 24-min episode.

I agree with a poster above about the problem with Felicita. She is such a static and passive character who seems to ask questions to the characters for them to dish out their backstory to the audience. And most of her interactions with other characters are really flat with a 'I'm okay', 'Oh...okay..' etc She lacks a personality in other words but I find her more bearable than Ema from BroCon and Yui from DiaLovers. I really like Felicita's design. And at least she isn't a doormat lol

Next ep will be about Nova. At least it's not Liberta lol
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arcana Famiglia Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2012

59 by Swiggy »»
Feb 20, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Arcana Famiglia Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2012

98 by Swiggy »»
Feb 20, 5:16 AM

Poll: » Arcana Famiglia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 8, 2012

126 by Swiggy »»
Jan 10, 2:05 AM

Poll: » Arcana Famiglia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2012

190 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 31, 2022 2:37 PM

Poll: » Arcana Famiglia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2012

56 by jackielouise »»
Jul 29, 2021 4:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.