Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 9, 2012 1:04 PM

Apr 2008
So far the only subs I've seen released are SubDesu and Hadena. From everything I've seen the SubDesu subs are terrible and Hadena as a group also doesn't have great reviews. Which subs is everyone going for and is anyone else going to be doing this show?
Jul 9, 2012 1:40 PM

Jan 2011
I want to watch this, but I'll wait a couple of days while hoping for better subs to come out, I guess you'll do the same. In fact, I'm adding RSS feeds of all this seasons' stuff right now after 1-2 weeks since that's when I have a idea of which subs to pick.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 9, 2012 1:53 PM

Jan 2011
I watched SubDesu's release and it was pretty decent.

It may be that I'm not a native speaker, but for me, in 95% of shows, the only thing that really stands out between different sub-groups is video quality, not subtitle quality...
Jul 10, 2012 2:28 AM

Jan 2008
Pan151 said:

It may be that I'm not a native speaker, but for me, in 95% of shows, the only thing that really stands out between different sub-groups is video quality, not subtitle quality...

That's BECAUSE you're not a native English speaker. Sometimes, ignorance IS bliss.
Jul 11, 2012 8:29 PM

Jul 2010
DmonHiro said:
Pan151 said:

That's BECAUSE you're not a native English speaker. Sometimes, ignorance IS bliss.

It IS blissful.

I got about 4 minutes through before I had to shut the thing off and erase all traces of it from my hard drive.. It was so bad it made me feel dirty to watch it.

I honestly could not tell you which released the better quality hadena (which LAWD knows why I tried their subs afterwords. I knew it would be a train wreck going into them lol...) or SubDesu - Dark days are upon us clearly.

Anyone know of any other sub groups that are subbing this? Anything would be better than what there is so far... (just the name of the group if they haven't released it yet is fine!)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2012 9:35 PM

Sep 2011
TraumaHunter said:
DmonHiro said:
Pan151 said:

It IS blissful.

I got about 4 minutes through before I had to shut the thing off and erase all traces of it from my hard drive.. It was so bad it made me feel dirty to watch it.

I honestly could not tell you which released the better quality hadena (which LAWD knows why I tried their subs afterwords. I knew it would be a train wreck going into them lol...) or SubDesu - Dark days are upon us clearly.

Anyone know of any other sub groups that are subbing this? Anything would be better than what there is so far... (just the name of the group if they haven't released it yet is fine!)

Honestly the best bet is to wait for FUNimation l0l, but it prob would be censored.
Jul 12, 2012 7:13 PM

Sep 2008
TraumaHunter said:
DmonHiro said:
Pan151 said:

It IS blissful.

Commie is supposed to be doing it but I guess there waiting on FUNI but then again I dunno if their waiting to use their subs or not.

┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Jul 13, 2012 1:02 PM

Jan 2009
I'd recommend waiting for a better, third group.
We're the same. Nuisances with nowhere to go.
Jul 13, 2012 10:40 PM

Jan 2008
I watched Episode 1v2 from SubDESU. It was pretty good. Honestly, I'm shocked, the susb were guite good.
Jul 13, 2012 10:50 PM

Jan 2011
SubDesu gets all this flac, but they honestly have been pretty decent these recent few years. People hating them for their past mistakes more so than actually looking at their work now.
Jul 14, 2012 12:55 AM

May 2012
SubDesu has actually been pretty good with their releases as of late, I've been giving them a try for a couple of months and most of the time their subs are pretty watchable.
Jul 14, 2012 3:32 AM

Apr 2011
Both are watchable , but i am waiting for better subs , i don't want to download shit .
Jul 14, 2012 8:23 AM
Jul 2018
SubDesu ain't half bad,most of the subs are decent :s
Jul 14, 2012 8:20 PM

Sep 2007
I was fine with SubDesu's 1st ep (even their v0 vers) but oh lord......
ep 2 was "wth...it's like some of the lines were run through an online translator" ....
IkanoJul 14, 2012 8:37 PM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jul 15, 2012 1:19 AM

May 2009
I'm starting to think that people are actually looking for grammar flaws in SD's releases to rate them so poorly, rather than blame it (just) on the watcher's lack of proper English.

True, when there are more respectable groups doing it, it often becomes obvious, but if they're all you have against a group that's generally even worse (looking at you, Hadena), what choice do you have, other than watching the raws and hope you can make out something, or pray FUNi does a better job?

For now, as long as I understand the general idea, I'm fine with SubDESU. Should a more respected group come along as sub it, I'll check them out, but for now, this will do fine.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2012 1:50 AM

Jan 2011
AO968 said:
I'm starting to think that people are actually looking for grammar flaws in SD's releases to rate them so poorly, rather than blame it (just) on the watcher's lack of proper English.

True, when there are more respectable groups doing it, it often becomes obvious, but if they're all you have against a group that's generally even worse (looking at you, Hadena), what choice do you have, other than watching the raws and hope you can make out something, or pray FUNi does a better job?

For now, as long as I understand the general idea, I'm fine with SubDESU. Should a more respected group come along as sub it, I'll check them out, but for now, this will do fine.

For some reason I always unconsciously check for errors and when there is even one bad thing I have the habit of getting distracted because of it even though I shouldn't care.
I'll try SubDESU.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 15, 2012 8:04 AM
Feb 2012
Well I'd rather wait for a good group to sub it than watch something that might completely cripple the context of what's actually being said. What's the point in watching something that's badly translated and only leads you to believe wrong things or assume that wrong facts are right?
Frankly speaking I'd *really* like to watch this show but I refuse to watch a low-quality translation so yeah, like I said- rather play the waiting game.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jul 18, 2012 1:30 PM

Jun 2008
AO968 said:
or pray FUNi does a better job?

As far as subtitles, FUNi will almost definitely do a better job. It will just be censored.
Jul 18, 2012 1:48 PM

Sep 2011
CTSS (Cut That Shit Subs) said they might be doing this series. But it seems they're having some issues so nothing from them has come yet.
As for the other versions... I think Hadena's the one to watch with, seriously. From what I saw, it was much better than SubDESU's, which from I could already see it was horrible even if I'm not a native speaker. So, so far Hadena's makes more sense than SubDESU's.
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Jul 18, 2012 2:32 PM

Sep 2008
Rukaliini said:
CTSS (Cut That Shit Subs) said they might be doing this series. But it seems they're having some issues so nothing from them has come yet.
As for the other versions... I think Hadena's the one to watch with, seriously. From what I saw, it was much better than SubDESU's, which from I could already see it was horrible even if I'm not a native speaker. So, so far Hadena's makes more sense than SubDESU's.

Well CTSS have now released both episodes out and actually it's what DmonHiro said SubDESU's is pretty good this time around which also surprised me too. Hadena was wrong for most of the anime so many lines translated wrong. Not to say that SubDESU didn't have their errors cause they did to but it wasn't has many has Hadena's.
Jul 18, 2012 4:50 PM

Jun 2008
Yuri-Hime said:
Rukaliini said:

Well CTSS have now released both episodes out and actually it's what DmonHiro said SubDESU's is pretty good this time around which also surprised me too. Hadena was wrong for most of the anime so many lines translated wrong. Not to say that SubDESU didn't have their errors cause they did to but it wasn't has many has Hadena's.

Yeah i checked and actually CTSS doesn't seem to actually be better than SubDesu.
Hadena is just tragic. Did they actually had a translator who knew good Japanese? They translated whole sentences wrong.
Jul 18, 2012 5:52 PM

May 2011
Look at all the haters and grammar nazis and karaoke faggots.

Subs are subs, as long as I can comprehend half of the lines I'm fine with it, as for video quality, half of you wouldn't know shitt unless you max out 1080p+ playing real games.

As for the OP any of the three are fine, I looked into all of them.
DL'd CTSS for ep2 and checked both hadena and subdesu for ep1.
Jul 19, 2012 1:14 AM

Jun 2008
Tzu said:

Subs are subs, as long as I can comprehend half of the lines I'm fine with it, as for video quality, half of you wouldn't know shitt unless you max out 1080p+ playing real games.

I get the grammar nazi part, i don't give a shit if they get a few punctuations wrong or capitalize in the wrong letter but understanding half the lines? Are you fucking serious?

Shit like this aren't just small grammar mistakes, the whole freaking sentence is completely different.
Jul 19, 2012 7:34 AM

Jan 2011
Tzu said:

I'm being a grammar Nazi unconsciously, it's so annoying...
Subs are subs? Nah, see the post above me.
It happens I also got a €2000 PC, a 2560x1440 U2711 and a Sennheiser HD800 + V200 + V800.
So I do notice things in video quality.

You have a point about karaoke, I'm fine if the OP/ED is just translated, any type of karaoke is a nice bonus, even the simple ones.
Jul 19, 2012 7:59 AM

Jul 2012
I think I'll just sit here and be grateful that I'm not a native speaker.
Jul 24, 2012 10:16 AM

May 2012
Since my last post I've checked all of the sub groups available for this series at the moment: SubDesu, Hadena and Cut That Shit Subs. Trust me as of right now I can only count on SubDesu, the other 2 (specially HADENA!!!) were just crap. With Hadena they just dont understand japanese at all and just make up sentences and with Cut That Shit Subs they are just way to slow and they are not that much better than SubDesu.At least with SubDesu I could understand the general thought process in the sentences. I'll just watch SubDesu for know and maybe I will archive CTSS release one they finish the show.
TheNVSJul 27, 2012 1:43 PM
Jul 24, 2012 1:33 PM

Sep 2011
Monad said:

Shit like this aren't just small grammar mistakes, the whole freaking sentence is completely different.

The fuck does besieging mean?
Edit: Oh, "To surround with hostile forces". Got it.
BTW, checked out the CTSS version just recently, and it was freaking good. Much, much better than SubDESU's version, that is indeed a speedsub compared to CTSS's release. Sure, they haven't done the 3rd episode yet but they make more sense than SubDESU's. Oh, and I take back what I said about Hadena's version. It's actually fucking bad.
RukaliiniJul 24, 2012 2:24 PM
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Aug 3, 2012 11:18 PM

Jan 2011
Commie is releasing it now, but apparently its censored. So take your pic, Commie censored, or Subdesu uncensored.

And for my opinion, Subdesu hasn't been bad at all.
Aug 3, 2012 11:22 PM

Jan 2011
Tzu said:

Subs are subs, as long as I can comprehend half of the lines I'm fine with it.

This, I'm just trying to watch anime, not write a grammatically correct essay. As long as I got the general message, good enough for me.
Aug 3, 2012 11:26 PM

May 2012
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Commie is releasing it now, but apparently its censored. So take your pic, Commie censored, or Subdesu uncensored.

And for my opinion, Subdesu hasn't been bad at all.

So you are telling me that Commie is doing them censored? Damn, this show is all about it being uncensored so even though I prefer Commie's subs allot more right now there is no reason for me to switch to them since subdesu's subs are still pretty accurate with this show. I'm just gonna have to wait for the Blu Rays and then watch them with commie subs, but for now I'm sticking with SubDesu
Aug 3, 2012 11:34 PM

Jan 2011
Yea, commie is apparently going for quality, but most of the sources for the uncensored version are real shitty. So they are going with the better looking censored version.

Personally, I could give two shits about the quality of a TV release that I plan on BD archiving. If I can visually confirm its a nipple, good enough for me :D
Aug 6, 2012 7:40 PM

Jun 2008
Monad said:
Tzu said:

I get the grammar nazi part, i don't give a shit if they get a few punctuations wrong or capitalize in the wrong letter but understanding half the lines? Are you fucking serious?

Assuming Subdesu's is the more correct one in terms of translation, I can still see where Hadena's logic is coming from...and I'd say I actually like their interpretation. I'm not about to watch it, but I have to give them credit for that one. It's pretty clever.
Aug 7, 2012 6:24 AM

Jan 2011
Monad said:
Tzu said:

That particular line has no impact whatsoever on the actual storyline. Therefore, I couldn't care less if they translated it faithfully or changed its meaning. In fact, if the alternative translation makes the scene funnier/more interesting than the original, then I'd rather have that over the real translation...
Oct 3, 2012 4:37 PM

Oct 2007
Tzu said:

Subs are subs, as long as I can comprehend half of the lines I'm fine with it

Half the lines? I guess that's fine for this series since it's mindless and doesn't require IQ higher than the person's age... but damn, there's no way you can get by with only understanding half with series that actually involve brain activities.

Tzu said:

as for video quality, half of you wouldn't know shitt unless you max out 1080p+ playing real games.

what does this have anything to do with... anything? The fact that some are still blatantly lowwer res than others stays true, would that change if everyone played games at 1080p with max settings...?
Oct 7, 2012 10:31 AM
Feb 2012
While waiting for CTSS' version, I'm dying of laughter reading the comments here.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hagure Yuusha no Estetica Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 12, 2012

143 by devil1001 »»
Feb 28, 9:52 AM

Poll: » Hagure Yuusha no Estetica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2012

162 by KempachiZaraki »»
Jul 26, 2023 4:11 PM

Poll: » Hagure Yuusha no Estetica Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Jul 5, 2012

133 by Wiilrs »»
Jan 17, 2023 5:11 PM

» Still no season 2 bruh?

tos_ka - Sep 13, 2021

11 by JWA800 »»
Nov 11, 2022 10:20 PM

Poll: » Hagure Yuusha no Estetica Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2012

67 by KiliianSleipnir »»
Sep 25, 2022 11:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.