Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 6, 2021 3:18 AM

Dec 2020
Arachnophobic said:

This! I was hoping the story would take an unexpected turn like that, where the so-called protagonist and antagonist come to an understanding. Instead, it went the way of a classic Western shootout. It would have made more sense if he had waited until Johnny had fixed him, and then backstabbed him - possibly using the alt-Dio's help, whom he had already briefed and brought into the base world. Drawing his gun and shooting was downright stupid and felt out of character.

Exactly. I agree with that. There was no way Funny would betray Johnny after swearing on his father's napkin, which meant a lot to him. My headcannon is that he didn't mean to betray Johnny and had brought the gun as a backup if Johnny didn't agree to his proposal but when Johnny told him to pick up the gun, he knew it was over. If he touched the gun, it would fuse with the gun in his pocket and Johnny would just shoot him. If he didn't, Johnny would still end up shooting him. He couldn't talk his way out of this. There was no way Johnny would wait for an explanation after Funny picked up the gun. So, Funny just decided to shoot him. That was the best option.
Dec 6, 2021 1:42 PM
Feb 2021
How come all the manga sites say 95 chapters but on my anime list it says 96 chapters?
Dec 7, 2021 2:36 AM

Dec 2020
hxmz said:
How come all the manga sites say 95 chapters but on my anime list it says 96 chapters?

There is an extra chapter (in the black and white version if I am not mistaken) about Steven Steel's past. Like how he was depressed, Lucy met him and gave him inspiration and them he went to meet Lucy again. This was mentioned briefly in a chapter but there is another one in detail. It isn't that important though. Also, the 96 chapters could be because of the two half chapters explaining stands and Valentine's past (how he was lost in the desert and was the only one to survive).
Dec 7, 2021 5:47 AM
Feb 2021
Thanks for the clarification. Im on chapter 33 of sbr and its been very enjoyable can't wait to start part 8 when im done.
Dec 7, 2021 11:08 PM

Dec 2020
hxmz said:
Thanks for the clarification. Im on chapter 33 of sbr and its been very enjoyable can't wait to start part 8 when im done.

It just gets better and better. I hope you like the rest of it too. Have a great day!
Dec 24, 2021 3:22 PM

Jul 2009
After almost a year since I first started reading (Dec 2020).

I have finally finished reading JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 7!

What a journey! The final battle was one of the best ever and literally Volume 21 is the single greatest volume ever made.

Only thing I wish is they addressed some of the loose ends (especially about the Corpse), but it seems there is some connection of of SBR to Jojolion.

So now I have to decide if I should read Jojolion asap or take a break for a few days and read it on New Year 2022.

Stee lBall Run is definitely my favorite JoJo right now. I just don't see Jojolion or even the future JoJolands toping this.

Can't freaking wait for the Animation! It's gonna be a painful long way. I'm guessing 2024-2025 if David Productions doesn't undertake any big projects.

It just seems like each ending keeps getting depressing since Part 5. Though Part 6 was the most depressing one, at least Part 7 had a proper retribution for the MC.
Dec 27, 2021 11:56 AM
Nov 2020
Gyro went on a hard, long journey across america to save a child he didn't even know, a journey that cost him his life just to have the kid that he want to save die of a cold
Dec 27, 2021 6:18 PM

Mar 2021
that was a very nice ride, though i don't like the last dio part

9/10
Jan 8, 2022 8:31 AM
Aug 2018
Lmao so pocoloco's 'ladyluck' stand really did its job the guy won the race just like that, that is the real underrated stand of the series xD
Feb 28, 2022 4:11 PM
Aug 2021
This is it. I already finished SBR and i must say this is my Top 1 Manga so far. F for the ones that die especially Gyro.
Jul 24, 2022 5:22 PM

Jul 2019
gyro - the best jojo character ever, mans carried hard

9/10 overall, prob my 2nd favorite part just behind diu
Jul 28, 2022 4:54 AM
Dec 2020
Wow, pretty well done part and stand battles weren't as confusing for the first half
Johnny's character development was good, Gyro was the best dude in the series. Valentine was an amazing villian and Dio was good too
Better than all the previous parts (but SO's my fav ig, idk can't decide)
Aug 24, 2022 10:20 PM

Nov 2021
man that kid died because of a fkn cold... what a shame :(
it has been a wonderful journey... my favourite part so far
Aug 28, 2022 9:13 AM
Dec 2020
I might be late for this but damn reading the ending gave me chills
Sep 14, 2022 7:51 PM
May 2022
That was probably the best JoJo part I have read so far! ∞/10, very Di Molto!
Oct 14, 2022 11:04 PM

Jul 2020
finally, the last chapter. it was a very good part and probably is my new favorite part of the whole series. The art. dialogue, character, motives and ambition of them, stands, and their background story, it is great. it was hella of a journey again for the Zepelli and the Joestar, even some of us know what will happen to them because this part represents the other timeline of phantom blood. personally, i liked Gyro over Johnny. he carried this whole part. SBR is the best part in my opinion 10/10 for this manga.
Nov 14, 2022 1:45 AM

Jan 2011
And my reread of my favourite Part, tied with 4, is over.

Years ago when I first read it I could tell in the opening chapters is lived up to the hype, and when I started this reread that exact same feeling hit me.
Dec 23, 2022 12:40 PM

May 2022
Really surprising how Dio was defeated, but it was a well-written solution using the rule established earlier in the story. I love the ending.

Lucy is the MVP of this part, her character is just amazing in my opinion. Honorable mentions are Gyro, Johny, Valentine.
Jan 9, 2023 11:22 AM
Dec 2019
omg im crying cause i loved the johnny and gyro friendship.also
they said their  real names are jonathan and ceaser zeppeli like the characters from the first season.im so touched from this manga
Mar 17, 2023 1:33 PM

Sep 2014
That was it huh? Not bad, not worse all the praise either.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 19, 2023 12:45 AM
Jan 2021
Wow!!! What a read. A great story comes to a satisfactory conclusion with some bitter sweet moments but overall hits the right amount in the heart. I liked the duo so much, they sure were characters worth spending time on. The main villian was sympathetic, brilliantly written which made him one of the best. The side characters,minor antagonists and the references to the songs were just out of this world. It was one hell of a rollercoaster, Nyohoho!!
Jul 8, 2023 1:11 AM
Jan 2021
I mean, overall, the chapter was excellent, we got to see Johnny's "good" ending (except the fact that Johnny will have to die in the next part for his wife and son), and we have to mention the fact that the chapter holds our emotions because of the farewell that Johnny has with Gyro.
Jul 9, 2023 12:03 PM

Jun 2011
So, I finally read it after two long weeks. It became my second favorite Jojo part. For me, Diamond is Unbreakable is still number one. But if you're looking for serious Jojo, this part is unmatched. I really liked Dio in this part, this new Dio felt like an actual character with his own view on life and motivations unlike the OG universe Dio who was quite one-dimensional (I know that SO tried to explore the OG Dio's character more, but for me his goals and motivations still were quite unrealistic). Gyro was MVP of this part. Lots of memorable fights, good villain, but not as great as everyone kept on telling me because at his heart he was still a scumbag. There were a few things I hated, mainly
For this reason the final fight felt like unnecessary fanservice. Also I was not a huge fan of Porkpie-hat kid fight because he looks stupid and his stand is weird. The ending was okay, but the journey was far more impressive than it.  Overall, my final score for Steel Ball Run is 9/10.
Sep 19, 2023 4:49 PM
Aug 2021
What an incredible emotional , thrilling and all around exciting ride it's been . Thank you Araki for this manga it's a blessing to read this journey from start to finish absolute perfection in themes , plot twists , characters , dialogue ,conflict , conclusion and of course ART . JoJo Part 7 is just Poetic if anything and I will never forget this amazing story of how Johnny Joestar stood up again . "Let's go home"
Oct 6, 2023 7:57 PM
Apr 2020
What a ride this was man. Loved just about every second of it
Nov 20, 2023 3:02 AM

Mar 2021
Fantastic manga maybe the best ever I wish Dio won though.
May 9, 6:58 AM
Sep 2018
killing off the kid with a cold was peak KINO
you've done it again Araki
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» I have a theory who Araki was inspired by to make Scarlet Valentine

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

2 by Absurdo_N »»
Yesterday, 2:33 PM

» Leak: Anime adaptation

ARK-13 - Apr 27

21 by Salty-GB »»
Jun 1, 7:18 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 7: Steel Ball Run Chapter 96 Discussion

federgolo - Nov 18, 2016

38 by Pitmania »»
May 24, 4:31 AM

» Can i skip parts and read this?

PermanentHaki - Apr 1

46 by Blueberry173 »»
May 21, 12:40 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 7: Steel Ball Run Chapter 11 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 19, 2014

30 by Nill_oficial7boy »»
May 11, 9:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.