Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 3, 2016 3:16 PM

Feb 2012
Why is the boss guy's head so cone shaped lol

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 28, 2016 9:02 PM

Jan 2013
Straightforward and self contained plot. Good episode
Jun 1, 2017 12:28 PM

Jun 2014
Fucking amazing episode. I adore this anime already, I love this interpretation of the Lupin series already. I love how everyone in this series is super hot.
alpha_shadowJun 1, 2017 12:31 PM
:3
Oct 22, 2017 10:54 PM

Dec 2012
Fujiko so beautiful. Dat oppai.
A woman appears before Fujiko.
She wants Fujiko.
Fujiko...lost?
They going upstairs. Fujiko naked.
I admit that I am enslaved by Fujiko beauty.
Dat nipple.
Jigen Daisuke?
Dat ass. Dat oppai.
What? I understand you choosing Fujiko, but that 1st girl was nice as well. Are you not a harem man?
Fujiko undressing. The one time they don't draw her booty right and this is the BD.
Dat oppai.
Jigen fucking in a coffin?
She killed him.
Shot him in the eye.
She dead.
Jigen will never team up with Fujiko. lol

Another good episode.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 16, 2017 3:47 PM

Jan 2014
That lover's quarrel, though. I wonder what her past is, hmm.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 9, 2017 8:47 PM

Feb 2015
Sir_Lexa said:
It just seems like I'm one of those few people who just can't enjoy Lupin as much as everyone else. Shame.

Also known as people who hate fun and badass style.
Dec 9, 2017 8:51 PM

Feb 2015
Annoiato said:
this has the cheesiest and most forced dialogue i've seen in an anime for quite a while.

series is trying too hard to have a classical film noir plot-line/tone. it's incredibly forced and predictable. not to mention uninspired.

though not too disappointed with the series so far, it's pretty much what i thought it was going to be. mind as well stick to it since this looks to be one of the only bearable shows this season. and at least the art style is nice. i like the rough charcoal lines in the animation.

Can't disagree more. The dialogue is one of the best thing about about the show. In fact it feels like it tries EFFORTLESSLY to capture that classic film noir style, and it's effective.
Dec 25, 2017 4:45 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode!! Fujiko really knows how to use her body to get what she wants XD

Very sad ending for Jigen. Just can't seem to have a good luck in women. Of course, more will come in the near future!
Mar 29, 2019 9:22 AM

Oct 2012
I thought I'm done with Fujiko in part 1-3, but nope
Fujiko is at it again, as always xD

Jigen is more less still the same
Used to be an assassin until he meet Lupin
Weak with women but still able to think logically unlike Lupin

Next ep should be Goemon's turn
"Signature removed"
Sep 4, 2019 2:00 PM

Sep 2011
The one Fujiko met this time was Jigen. She was asked to steal his gun, and to "see this through to the end" after losing a bet. The one who asked her to do this was someone from Jigen's past, the widow of the man he killed according to the world. And well, Jigen resisted well Fujiko's charms, being wary as he is, but Fujiko succeeded, stole his Magnum, and passed Cicciolina's message to Jigen. We then learn more about what went through between them.

That woman used Jigen, but ended up falling for him somewhere along the way. She got what she wanted, but she was no more than an "empty shell" after he was gone, and so she "flirted with death" once again, dying on his arms, leaving him bewildered by it all. She couldn't let go of her past, and it killed her. Fujiko played along, and stayed to witness her end like she asked because she saw a bit of herself in that woman, but she doesn't plan on losing to her past like she did.

Jigen had some nice lines here too, something like "everybody feels, no matter how hard-hearted they seem" and "everybody hopes, no matter how disgusted with life they are." It was really poignant, and a great episode. Everything about this anime is great, its OP, the tone, the colors, the ost, I love it! Yamamoto Sayo is one great director, and Okada Mari did great work with the script.
Oct 18, 2019 8:21 PM

Sep 2016
Even tho the final was to be expected, everything on this woman past lead up to her becoming powerful yet dead inside the execution was flawless, I love how he casually pulled up his magnum and killed two assassins without batting an eye . The dark noir aesthetics really do justice for Jigen's character, from the designs, the OST, the backgrounds, etc.

I hope that Goemon's introduction is as good or better than this one. So far Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna is becoming one of my favourite Lupin III's entries.
Jan 7, 2020 8:59 AM

Nov 2016
Ended as you would expect from a story involving Jigen and a woman.

Wonder if there will be an episode with the whole gang.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 3, 2021 12:30 AM

Nov 2012
Felt like a mini noir movie condensed into a 30 min ep, which is quite the praise. I like the focus on Jigen this episode too, can't wait to see his movie that set after this series.

The art direction in this continues to be amazing, at times it even resembled Mononoke with it coloring.
Jul 23, 2021 3:16 PM
Mar 2019
It was so weird hearing Christopher Sabat's Piccolo voice come out of Jigen in the english dub.

Fujiko changes her hair colour three times in this episode. even tho I think the black hair was a wig.

I really enjoy the Noir story line

Is it only me or does the ED them sound like music you'd play at a strip club?
Aug 24, 2022 9:08 PM

Apr 2016
A tragic love story in a noir world, it was good.
Feb 8, 1:02 PM

Jan 2014
Another fantastic episode with impeccable creative execution!

The set up works well Fujiko losing a bet after placing herself up as collateral and being indebted to carry out the task of mob boss wife now head of the family Cicciolina; that task being steal the Magnum from the quickest draw gunslinger the one and only Daisuke Jigen and see it through to the end.

What unwinds from that premise is a roller coaster ride of twists, turns and tragedy contained within a single episode with each piece of the puzzle falling into place the further we progress.

This was just very engaging the whole way through they nailed both Jigen and Fujiko really showcasing the essence of their characters Jigen had some really great lines; "No matter how callous a man may seem he always retains a shred of compassion." "And no matter how desperate a woman may seem she always retains a shred of hope."

That really captures how Jigen is that while he is street wise and harden by the world he truly does have a heart at his center. Not only does retaining a shred of hope apply to Cicciolina but also Fujiko as though times get tough or they get backed up against a wall they still cling to something that keeps them moving forward each having their own kind of hope.

If I didn't mention it before the soundtrack is great and the OP and ED are really captivating and also very effective they just showcase a great duality of the inner and outer makeup that is The Woman Called Fujiko Mine.

Speaking of captivating Fujiko is a knockout in this episode as always both in and out of her outfits LOL that tub pose and that kimono dress were especially bangers (also on a side note my vote for this episode brought the Loved It score to exactly 69.9% heh nice ^-^).

But it really is tragic this episode Cicciolina a woman who flirts with death out of despair finding hope in Jigen her husband cared about her so he doesn't wish to harm her but get rid of Jigen this resulting in his death and Jigen accepting the blame to protect her. Jigen is street wise but Cicciolina entices him and Fujiko manages to steal a part of his soul his Magnum (of course what red blooded man could resist two world class beauties like Fujiko and Cicciolina?). Loved how Fujiko delivered her message in saying meet her in the place where Jigen and her made love.

Leading to a final assassination attempt in the church of course even without his Magnum Jigen is a force to be reckoned with finally getting the determination to take aim at Cicciolina since she takes aim at him with his gun but it's empty. Though she had planned to use him at first somewhere along the way he had become her hope and when she lost him she lost the last part of herself. So she wanted to die but by Jigen's hand and you are right Jigen the crazy things in this world there are many that one can't understand.

Then Fujiko commenting that she say part of herself in Cicciolina and she was killed by her own past and Fujiko is always trying to outrun and stay ahead of her's but Jigen might be right the ultimate killer just might be one's past. Then we get some foreshadowing to Jigen and Fujiko's dynamic with Jigen pursing the life of a thief and always being skeptical of teaming up with Fujiko then they part and Jigen gives a final sendoff to Cicciolina's soul.

Really stellar stuff can't wait to see how the rest of the episodes will unfold!

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

busterbeam - May 9, 2012

58 by disco_cop42 »»
May 17, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

octal9 - Apr 19, 2012

57 by TheCrimsonEye »»
Feb 8, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

samuraitastic - Apr 4, 2012

141 by TheCrimsonEye »»
Feb 5, 9:40 PM

Poll: » Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

m0xxxy - Jun 28, 2012

83 by removed-user »»
Jan 23, 3:23 AM

Poll: » Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna Episode 7 Discussion

dbaranyi - May 16, 2012

49 by zelfron12 »»
Jul 2, 2023 2:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.