Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 31, 2008 1:24 AM
Aug 2008
haven't ever played the game but I know the story-line in DMC. Is the anime any good or worth watching???
Aug 31, 2008 1:25 AM
Nov 2007
you may want to mention what you're talking about :S
Aug 31, 2008 1:31 AM
Aug 2008
DMC = Devil may Cry you idiot :P
Aug 31, 2008 1:32 AM

Jan 2008
Detroit Metal City - Yea I think it s good.
Devil May Cry - I didn t like it. I watched it at my friend but got bored after 10 minutes
Aug 31, 2008 4:54 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Topic moved.

The Devil May Cry anime was quite bad. If you're a fan of the games, I suggest you don't watch it.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 3, 2008 2:35 PM
Sep 2008
Dude devil may cry was amazing done listen 2 anyone im a big game fan but i enjoyed the action the plot was ...well there was no plot until the end but still if u want blood action and coolness watch it
Sep 5, 2008 12:37 PM
Aug 2008
Its totally awsome!! Both the game and the anime.. dont listen to them haters... see for your self..
Sep 18, 2008 7:55 PM

Jan 2008
cyruz said:
The Devil May Cry anime was quite bad. If you're a fan of the games, I suggest you don't watch it.
I completely agree, DMC was really lacking a whole plot. It was mainly composed of Dante showing off how cool he was... O_e

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Sep 20, 2008 1:10 PM
Aug 2008
jazmin_s said:
cyruz said:
I completely agree, DMC was really lacking a whole plot. It was mainly composed of Dante showing off how cool he was... O_e

well...because he is!!! :) perhaps i can watch the 1st episode :) thanks for all the comments guys :D
Sep 20, 2008 3:55 PM

Aug 2007
Actually there is some worth in watching the DMC anime, they reveal something more about Dante's past which was not disclosed in the games. Again, see for yourself ^^
Sep 25, 2008 11:40 PM

Aug 2008
Good anime based in a game, in mine opnion. Exactly because it's not a copy of the game.
Sep 29, 2008 7:57 PM

Mar 2008
It's good if you're an avid Devil May Cry fan, but if not don't bother watching it. I find it lame if not for Dante lols. You might want to check out episode 9. The storyline got a bit complicated, which was good.
Sep 30, 2008 5:25 PM

Sep 2008
I've been playing DMC for years, and from what I've read here I'm not exactly excited to watch it. I looked at the characters list, and I saw neither Virgil/Nelo Angelo. WTF? How do you have a DMC series and entirely leave him out? Seriously? Could someone explain it to me, because if there is no Virgil, and there's only frat-boy Dante, I may not even want to watch an episode.

(and for the record, I liked Dante pre-DMC3, when he wasn't so retarded)
Sep 30, 2008 5:53 PM

Jul 2007
If you love the game, you're a lot better off not watching the anime. The only thing good about this anime is the animation, no over the top action or plot :(

Oct 1, 2008 12:04 AM

Mar 2008
well anything that has Dante on it is always good is all I can say...and yes there were some things that were revealed in the anime which wasn't revealed in the games. And isn't this what Devil May Cry is about? the lack of a good storyline :D but here is one bad thing about the anime though...

I find the lack of stylish moves, disturbing

@Motoko
Vergil fan arent we? 8D so you're not going to play DMC2 and DMC4? from what i've heard Vergil ain't in those games...but i could be wrong
Oct 1, 2008 1:32 AM

Jun 2008
Truthfully, I was drawn to the anime because of the games. But the anime doesnt have a good plot. It is just a lot of action. I rated it an okay series. The games are still awesome, but the anime is on a lower level.

I recommend History's Strongest Disciple: Kenichi as a MUCH better anime.
Oct 3, 2008 12:04 AM
Sep 2008
Devil may cry anime rules and if some gay guys who love ouran host club or paradise kis those gay animes come and say no it sux then suck it cause its 1 of the few animes i loved They way i see it theres 2 kinds of anime people

Person who likes most anime
Person who likes some anime

Sadly im person who likes some anime so watch it EVERYONE DMC RULZ

MotokoAramaki said:
I've been playing DMC for years, and from what I've read here I'm not exactly excited to watch it. I looked at the characters list, and I saw neither Virgil/Nelo Angelo. WTF? How do you have a DMC series and entirely leave him out? Seriously? Could someone explain it to me, because if there is no Virgil, and there's only frat-boy Dante, I may not even want to watch an episode.

(and for the record, I liked Dante pre-DMC3, when he wasn't so retarded)

Dude dont be an idiot go wikipedia.org read about devil may cry in devil may cry 3 happened before 1 and 2 so he killed his brother before 1 2 and 4 so how will he come in the anime if in the anime the shop is already opened called devil may cry u are truly not a fan of dmc if u were u would know that ..........

dantekimura said:
well anything that has Dante on it is always good is all I can say...and yes there were some things that were revealed in the anime which wasn't revealed in the games. And isn't this what Devil May Cry is about? the lack of a good storyline :D but here is one bad thing about the anime though...

I find the lack of stylish moves, disturbing

@Motoko
Vergil fan arent we? 8D so you're not going to play DMC2 and DMC4? from what i've heard Vergil ain't in those games...but i could be wrong

Dude Vergil is gone yes dmc 3 totally rocked but its finished go play with nero and dante in dmc 4 dante looks kool in dmc 4

Mod Edit: posts merged. Use the Edit link if you have something to add.
cyruzOct 3, 2008 2:54 AM
Oct 3, 2008 11:18 AM

Oct 2006
The Devil May Cry games have never been all that strong in plot, but they always made up for it with fast-paced, flashy action and lots of style. Neither of which I saw in the DMC anime. The animation is pretty unimpressive, and I didn't see any particularly exciting or stylish action in the episodes I watched. If you're a big fan of the games, you might enjoy it, but if you're just looking for quality action anime there are a whole lot of other, better places to look.

Re: Vergil, he's also in the first game - you have to fight him a few times as a boss and eventually you get the other half of your mother's keepsake pendant. But if you were truly a fan of DMC you would know that, right?
Jan 10, 2009 6:36 AM
Feb 2008
Krelian said:
The Devil May Cry games have never been all that strong in plot [...].

Hmm, actually, I thought the plot in DMC3 was not at all bad. Campy at times and cheesy at others, but overall pretty strong. (Stronger, at least, than DMC2's. 8D) Same for DMC4

Re: the anime... eh, it's all right. I've only watched a few episodes, so I can't really comment on plot, but the first couple of episodes are somewhat... slow. The art style is pretty, the animation could be better, and Dante is... well, Dante. Frankly, I'd only recommend it if you're already a fan and have completed DMC1, 3 and 4. (If you haven't, for whatever reason that just honestly isn't good enough, go and complete them, like right now! =P) All in all, it's not bad. But there's other animes out there that are a lot better.

Oh. I will add this, though. If you want to watch the anime, watch the English dub (you can find it at http://www.justdubs.net). They got DMC3 and 4's Dante to do his voice again and, honestly, it's one of the few animes that are actually better in English. IMHO.
Jan 29, 2009 10:42 PM

Jan 2009
This anime was intended to show how Lady and Trish meet up together since on DMC4 you already see both of them talking together and that Dante business "Devil may cry" gets random jobs requests how he developed after DMC3 and DMC4 if you get the original DvD of this on the box that's what it says on the description along with some pics of DMC4 and the whole DMC4 it's like a normal day on the work for Dante capcom said DMC4 was mainly to introduce a new important plot character on the whole story, Nero, it was supposed that the anime was going to be part of the limited edition version of DMC 4 but it never happened was canceled for English or wasn't going to be on time for release
EvtraiJan 29, 2009 10:46 PM
Feb 14, 2009 4:58 AM

Sep 2008
This Anime is an epic fail.
Mar 11, 2009 1:10 PM

Aug 2008
Oh c'mon people, it does not have a storyline as such, but it's still a nice piece of action, and it's probably the prettiest anime I've seen. Nice for a bit of relax. And besides, there's always DANTE! :D
Aug 23, 2009 9:34 AM
Aug 2009
Eldarien said:
Oh c'mon people, it does not have a storyline as such, but it's still a nice piece of action, and it's probably the prettiest anime I've seen. Nice for a bit of relax. And besides, there's always DANTE! :D

Dante enough said
Oct 10, 2009 8:33 AM

Jun 2009
DMC is a border of watching: if it was a little bit worse, I'd rather not have looked it. So you won't lose anything.
Oct 10, 2009 8:37 AM

Jul 2009
Don't expect much Stylish in the anime though
Dec 31, 2009 4:17 PM
Aug 2009
Laevantein said:
Don't expect much Stylish in the anime though

On contraire..Expect much stylish....
Mar 29, 2010 10:26 PM

Sep 2009
Just watch Hellsing, or play the games.
Feb 10, 2013 6:31 PM
Mar 2012
Its Dante's everyday life being the general badass and entertaining character he is. Very little plot significance happens, but I was satisfied enough seeing Dante's everyday life because he is a really amusing character.
Jul 23, 2013 8:47 PM

Sep 2009
anime is MINDBLOWING! badass ~
seiyuu cast are amazing, music is masterpiece, art is great, the mood is good, and developement.
totally badass cool short action seinen anime.
BUT it isn't for younger. why? cause you won't get it and just think of it as something boring giving it low rank like kids did on reviews I saw here that are on the top of DMC description page.
*ANIME I.NTERE.ST*----> +IN anime pictures and get FREE anime & manga merchandize from JAPAN!
Aug 18, 2013 4:58 PM

May 2011
this is from the best shows i have ever seen, i really want more of dmc
Oct 27, 2013 12:25 AM

Feb 2012
In my opinion it is one of the best anime I have ever watched.
"Efficiency is not king, efficacy is."

Post a comment on my profile. Profile comments are fun.

May 29, 2021 12:39 PM
Dec 2017
not in the slightest bit should it be seen as good.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Devil May Cry Episode 9 Discussion

Sarcastic - Aug 19, 2007

21 by HazeShalom »»
Mar 5, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Devil May Cry Episode 3 Discussion

Lepchin - Jun 28, 2009

31 by Dj_Bus_Driver »»
Feb 12, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Devil May Cry Episode 8 Discussion

Sarcastic - Aug 18, 2007

28 by TarikKabir »»
Nov 18, 2023 10:48 AM

Poll: » Devil May Cry Episode 7 Discussion

zippy - Feb 17, 2008

23 by TarikKabir »»
Nov 18, 2023 10:47 AM

Poll: » Devil May Cry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

_edge_ - Sep 14, 2007

81 by bushman66 »»
Nov 16, 2023 5:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.