Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2008 12:49 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
lol at the unlucky grunt that got slapped and then had his ear sliced off.

Jean was also pretty badass in this episode.
Nov 28, 2009 6:29 PM
Jul 2009
blackfeather_58 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
lol at the unlucky grunt that got slapped and then had his ear sliced off.

Jean was also pretty badass in this episode.

he got his ear cut off? I thought that guy just cut his neck a little bit.
Nov 28, 2009 9:08 PM

Jul 2007
Nah, it's the ear. Although Jean's pretty sadistic when it comes to terrorists, he's pragmatic enough to keep one alive for more interrogation.
Apr 1, 2011 12:46 PM

Aug 2010
Twas a good episode
Jul 3, 2011 3:33 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, Jean was pretty awesome this episode. It was probably the first time in the series a handler got in on the action. I still don't like him though, I just can't agree with his treatment of Rico.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 13, 2012 6:34 PM

Sep 2011
I feel bad for that car...
Mar 23, 2012 3:41 AM

Nov 2011
Henrietta is so bloodthirsty LOL, can i kill them now? Can I kill them now? Can I kill them now?

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 1, 2012 6:42 AM
Mar 2012
The music playing in the beginning of the episode (with the birds by the church) and also the music/opera type music at the end were both hauntingly beautiful. Anyone know what those two tracks are?
Jan 31, 2013 4:29 AM

Jan 2012
agree with superseiyan above me, the music in this episode was just haunting.... really really nice, good to see handlers getting in some action, he is pretty bad ass actually just chopping that guy's ear off, rather than probably killing him like one of the girls would have done.....
Jan 17, 2014 3:22 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent episode, the ending was quite nice so let's see hat's next!
Jul 13, 2014 9:40 PM

Jun 2014
Another great episode.
Oct 19, 2014 9:29 AM
Jun 2013
an ok episode. It shows if jean wasint a child abuser I would like the guy.
Oct 21, 2014 4:36 AM

Aug 2013
The girls must have pain-killing implants in their arms. Triela used her arm as a shield in a previous episode and now Rico doesn't even flinch O__O What kind of conditioning do they go through?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 26, 2016 8:23 PM

Jun 2016
The action in this series is some of the most well done I've seen and despite the main cast being pretty OP. However being overpowered makes sense in this case so I don't have any major gripes with it. Hoping they do come across more problems and the plot becomes a bit more of a plot as the anime goes on.
Oct 16, 2016 6:55 PM

Sep 2013
Kinda dull.................

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 6, 2017 4:16 PM

Jun 2013
Classic art sends shivers down your spine, Henrietta? I wish I had been able to find museums that exciting when I was little.

While I'm not an expert on the topic, one could draw a parallel between the statue that Filippo pointed out (The Rape of the Sabine Women - in this instance, "rape" being archaic English for "mass abduction") and the origin of our little cyborgs. How the true treatment of the women in the historical event referenced by the statue should be judged is a subject of some debate.

It was a bittersweet moment when Filippo told Henrietta that she can become anything she wants. It's true, but it's unclear if the agency will ever loosen its grasp on her and her fellow cyborgs for them to be able to walk their own paths.

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
The action in this series is some of the most well done I've seen and despite the main cast being pretty OP.

In this case, the main intrigue of the show doesn't lie in the particular way the "little sisters" complete their mission objectives (although the show definitely indulges us with showcasing their impressive skills).

What kind of side effects does the brainwashing have on them? How do these missions affect them mentally, considering that they're just impressionable children? To what extent are they individuals with free will? Are they better off now, having been turned into killing machines without their consent, compared to how they were before the agency picked them up? What does their existence say about the society that made them possible? I think questions like these are closer to what the show is really aiming to make us ask.

Of course, whether the show executes this premise well, whether it really means anything in the end, is up for the viewer to decide. I'm still on the fence about it.
LeeTailorJul 6, 2017 4:47 PM
Sep 21, 2017 4:59 AM

Jul 2016
i really love both rico and jean, the blonde duo. even down to their names. they're both growing to be my favorite characters in gunslinger girl.

LeeTailor said:
Classic art sends shivers down your spine, Henrietta? I wish I had been able to find museums that exciting when I was little.

While I'm not an expert on the topic, one could draw a parallel between the statue that Filippo pointed out (The Rape of the Sabine Women - in this instance, "rape" being archaic English for "mass abduction") and the origin of our little cyborgs. How the true treatment of the women in the historical event referenced by the statue should be judged is a subject of some debate.

It was a bittersweet moment when Filippo told Henrietta that she can become anything she wants. It's true, but it's unclear if the agency will ever loosen its grasp on her and her fellow cyborgs for them to be able to walk their own paths.

i did not think much of the statue of women or about what filippo told rico (it was rico, right?), now that you mentioned it, i wonder if it could be a connection somehow. no, it must have had significance.
Cazqui-09Sep 21, 2017 6:25 PM
Oct 29, 2017 10:17 AM
Jul 2016
superseiyan said:
The music playing in the beginning of the episode (with the birds by the church) and also the music/opera type music at the end were both hauntingly beautiful. Anyone know what those two tracks are?
I'm 5 years late, but the song is called " Woke From Dreaming" by The Delgados
Jun 21, 2019 7:12 AM

Dec 2013
Oh, I think I misunderstood the previous episode about Rico, I thought she got a new body of a boy. Lol. I feel dumb. Jean and Giuse were so calm and I like the action and also Rico's words at the last scene. I like this episode

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Aug 17, 2019 11:54 PM

Oct 2012
Rico is adorable, he just made him consider having his life & dream back
The big question is... Is he alive in the end?
"Signature removed"
Mar 2, 2020 11:42 AM
Nov 2019
da vinci painted those that knew between bacchus and urei lies the clue.... but gun slinger girl say's in ep7 this has nothing and is nothing like it...lol
Jun 5, 2021 2:22 PM
Sep 2019
this episode is completely about the renaissance and i love it
Jul 26, 2022 2:38 PM

Jan 2020
The action in this series is really well done. It's always fun to see how the fighting plays out.

Overall, another good episode. I liked seeing the various pieces of art and cityscape. The art in this is rather good. And, on that note: Hopefully Filippo manages to become the artist he always wanted to be.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 16, 2022 10:28 AM

Jul 2015
Filippo saying Rico can become anything she wants and Rico at the end saying he should become a painter sure were some bittersweet moments.

Nov 26, 2022 6:08 PM
Mar 2019
Rico really shines in this episode.
Like the nod to Henrietta, do it!!
Jan 11, 2023 10:17 PM

Mar 2019
This was a good episode, I'm really enjoying this series so far. Rico is pretty cool. 

Also, only sort of related but this is the only time I've ever seen an anime episode that's been in a place I've actually been before; that was pretty neat.
Jul 14, 2023 12:07 PM

Aug 2019
Not that great of a episode, found myself getting kinda bored like half way through :/

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gunslinger Girl Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Piroko - Jun 12, 2008

59 by RGreatDanton »»
May 22, 1:33 AM

Poll: » Gunslinger Girl Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Piroko - Jun 12, 2008

52 by RGreatDanton »»
May 22, 1:21 AM

Poll: » Gunslinger Girl Episode 1 Discussion

Piroko - Jun 12, 2008

49 by RGreatDanton »»
May 21, 10:12 PM

Poll: » Gunslinger Girl Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

whalegatorz - Jan 21, 2010

69 by maki_evergarden »»
Feb 3, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Gunslinger Girl Episode 11 Discussion

blackfeather_58 - Aug 27, 2008

45 by maki_evergarden »»
Feb 2, 3:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.