Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2008 1:13 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
lol, Ralph sure is dedicated to go as far as massacre the entire crew to achieve his goals.
Jan 25, 2009 10:18 PM

May 2007
So that is what happened, Ihave been curious.

Still think Ralph goes too far, but at least we know why.
My anime list
Dec 14, 2013 7:58 PM

Jan 2010
An alien race of little girls?

Well now.
Mar 18, 2014 3:53 AM

Aug 2013
Way to over-complicate stuff Ralph. Humans committed atrocities against those aliens so in order to atone for "his sins," he slaughters anyone who gets in his way even those aren't involved, even his own sister. Yeah logic. Way to go to atone for your sins, idiot.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 13, 2014 9:12 AM

Dec 2008
I think that the little girl alien had somehow brainwashed him into mindlessly helping them get revenge.
I mean, yes, he asks her how he can atone for the atrocities the Union has committed to them and for his crew and him killing them in the fight, but to go to such lengths as to literally do anything for their revenge? Plus seeing how crazy he is and the effects the memories have on him, I am seriously thinking that his determination is partly due to some brainwashing.
Mar 30, 2015 4:03 PM

Feb 2013
I like the brainwashing theory and it honestly would make sense, considering they do seem to have some sort ESP like power. Though I have to wonder, if they had this kind of ability, why wouldn't they just use it on their captors to escape?
Shape430Mar 30, 2015 5:07 PM
Mar 25, 2016 1:16 PM
May 2010
I think his kindness was twisted into an abomination as a result of him realizing what he had done. He blamed the union, and so saw no problem with killing them all, he did spare his sister when he saw her through, as he didn't blame her in particular, but he ended up being driven by a single thing, a single wish, a single desire, which might prove to become his undoing.
Apr 23, 4:49 PM

Aug 2017
So the truth has been revealed, 600 years ago the Union captured a race of alien lolis to use their abilities to their benefits, fast-forward to the future, Ralph discovered that one of the enemy's strains had an alien loli inside them so to atone for his sins he will save the last remaining alien lolis (I think the one with him currently and the brain in the doll) and will kill anyone in his way, will it was an unexpected reveal, let's see how it goes down.

More topics from this board

» Soukou no Strain Episode 9 Discussion

martino - Jan 4, 2007

5 by metalrain_15 »»
May 2, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Soukou no Strain Episode 13 Discussion

zanmato666 - Feb 22, 2007

29 by Dekom »»
Apr 30, 4:55 PM

Poll: » Soukou no Strain Episode 12 Discussion

blackfeather_58 - Aug 7, 2008

5 by Dekom »»
Apr 27, 5:15 PM

Poll: » Soukou no Strain Episode 11 Discussion

zanmato666 - Feb 10, 2007

9 by Dekom »»
Apr 25, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Soukou no Strain Episode 8 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 27, 2009

6 by Dekom »»
Apr 21, 4:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.