Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Mar 1, 2019 1:50 AM

Feb 2018
Nice Shu you get all attention xD.
Sep 21, 2019 8:16 AM

Apr 2013
The Undertakers come over as a bunch of assholes, they are all pretty mean to him despite them wanting his power in this battle. They should treat him better, even though he is a wuss who apologizes for everything. So far there is no character who I'm rooting for.
Jan 29, 2020 9:22 AM

Aug 2017
MC is an overpowered little twerp. Show reminds me of Eureka 7. I don't like it so far
Jan 31, 2020 2:58 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I hope Gai is dead wtf I really dislike him
Apr 17, 2020 12:54 PM

Feb 2019
so, everything that makes me whole

instantly came

That wheelchair girl is cool.

The character interactions are cringey, cliche, unnatural.

Superb animation and soundtrack are the only good things that keep me watching.

Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Oct 27, 2020 2:06 AM

Feb 2017
If anything, Gai telling Inori to distance herself from Shu is the test lol, she’s very into Shu and it’s not subtle. It’s like, at least 75% of her personality so far. I’m assuming they have some history or something that Shu’s forgotten because it’s pretty inexplicable otherwise, but whatever.

Also god, Shu sucks. At least Shinji being a bitch has purpose to the story, this is just blindly regurgitating tropes so far lol
Mar 6, 2021 8:51 AM

Sep 2017
Man Shu really is the omega simp lol. Also what a stupid scene. Ya let me stroll into your room and then slap you because you are naked. As if the show couldn't get anymore shit. The only reason he is naked in this room is because you goons decided to strip him after wheelchair girl flatted his ass in that hq room. The reason for this? Probably to literally set up this shit scene.
Jan 10, 2022 5:40 AM

Dec 2007
finally some good character work.
i finally started to like shu, and ayase is cool.

never the less, didn't felt that ending was tense or anything...
Mar 4, 2022 9:18 AM
Nov 2020
Inori is a waifu but Ayase is queen
Mar 24, 2022 2:36 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
On a quick side note, the episode I am now looking forward to is episode 17, just because it has the most replies in its episode discussion thread besides the last episode which of course usually has the most; something apparently monumental most occur there. Wonder what happens then- a game-changing twist, maybe?

Gai has taken in Shu, and has pretty much shown him all the battle plans for obtaining this Leucocyte thing. I wonder if he is wary of Shu at all, still being careful about where his true allegiance might lie. Maybe those weren't the real battle plans at all, maybe it's all a test for Shu himself to prove himself loyal. Or maybe Gai is being a dumbass again and taking him in with no second thoughts... I hope that's not the case. I could definitely do with characters being a little bit smarter than they've shown to be so far. I just wish everything to be deeper than it seems at the moment.

And yup, Shu accidentally loses the homing device. Things just got a lot LESS interesting. It would've been more interesting to see what Shu would do with it, rather than just being found out that he had it. If he eventually earns it back just to keep things on edge.

Training arc incoming I guess... I hope it doesn't last too long. This is not the type of anime that could benefit from a training arc. But that's okay because wheel-chair girl is already ten times more waifu than whatever Inori is

I always question the scene whenever the pro guy says something like "come at me with the intent to kill." Now wouldn't it be something to see for once for a dude to be underestimated and actually kill the guy by accident

"Don't get so close to me!" YOU WERE THE ONE THAT WENT CLOSE TO- oh I see that's the joke, haha.

"This is like the first time we met. It's kind of nostalgic." Dude is feeling nostalgic over a chick he met a few days ago, alrighty then. So yeah he's kind of a simp but I'd rather have that than your typical spineless overly-flustered embarrassed wimpy type of mc that you usually find in your standard rom-coms. Dude actually went in for the kill- and unfortunately got rejected pretty hard.

Ok so one thing that I have high hopes for is Shu growing drastically as a character; mainly in the aspect of not being so naive. And I think we are going to get there, we have received a number of signs already. He got betrayed by his "best friend" already, even after saving his life. And now in this episode, it turns out he was manipulated by Gai through Inori in getting him to join the Undertakers. Even though that is probably only a half-truth (Inori will obviously develop feelings for him later on, if she hasn't already. I mean she did come to the isolation facility in an attempt to save him herself), I think Shu is slowly but surely learning to be, well, less of a dumbass.

*Inori walks into a room with a shirtless Gai* Hmmmmm.... obviously they are just teasing us, right? Right...??! Oh ok so it actually was just a quick shot to give Shu the wrong idea. 10/10 script writing.

I just really hope this doesn't start some cheap rivalry between Shu and Gai. I definitely spoke too soon now didn't I

What is that mock battle though- those paintball pellets look like they pack enough punch to fully decapitate a dude. At least Shu quickly levels the playing field by pulling a void of the pro-guy's chest (who, uh, also moans, by the way), and then quickly dispatches wheel-chair girls mecha. That seems like it was against the rules of the mock battle, but then again, what was he going to do with an MP5K against a fully loaded mecha lol. Idk why everyone was so surprised that he won though, he basically has an unlimited arsenal of sci-fi weapons at his disposal.

Shu got the pen back. But now it seems he doesn't want it back. Whatever I guess

So the Leucocyte is an orbital satellite with a death star laser. Very cool. It left a massive crater despite only using 3% power, and was accurate to 0.7 meters. Math. The shot of the crater it left though is very interesting. Instead of having the water from the ocean fill up the crater, it seemed to have flattened the water itself. Physics.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 4, 2022 12:24 PM

Feb 2012
Rejected by Inori. Maybe he should go for Ayase then...

Gai's comment about Inori starting to look like "her". So Inori's probably a clone or relative of someone who was close to Gai (sister? girlfriend?). The other members of Funeral Parlor think they are fucking, but he's on a hospital bed? Some kind of medical procedure only Inori can do to keep Gai alive?

So he defeated Ayase's mecha in the mock battle not by using a firearm but by using his his genom to pull a flashlight that shines darkness from that guy's chest? In a real battle though, what if there wasn't someone conveniently there? What if someone was there but had a completely different void?

GHQ have a kill sat and they've apparently landed a hit on Gai? Maybe that was what the pen was for? Press blue to tell GHQ where Gai is, and red twice to tell them it's ready to fire. Ayase may have accidentally triggered it, not knowing what it was for before handing it back to Shu.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 10, 2022 11:04 PM

Jul 2021
The whole Shu-Inori-Gai scene kind of pissed me off, but after the little we saw (which was not what we originally thought) I think there is still a lot to learn regarding their relationship. I have a feeling that Gai may end up playing an antagonistic role in the story later on. His tactics are rather underhanded. I mean seriously, no "good" guy is going to make another guy go through "getting hooked on a girl and finding out it's a lie" and then make it worse by possibly being involved/intimate with that girl.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 16, 2023 5:00 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This was a way better episode than what came before.
Feb 12, 2023 11:58 AM
Feb 2023
yeah, I thought yeah now our simp mc will grow some balls. but no... that misunderstanding is over in a second.. lol... also the inirial romance in extremely superficial. how can  you follow a girl whom you just met , to hell just because she said few sweet words to you? hosnestly I would love a rom between ayase and him. their chemistry feels natural. 
May 26, 2023 11:46 PM

May 2023
Watching Shu get played by Gai thur Inori is so so so satisfying. I hope this means some character growth. Seems Shu is already making some progress. At first I thought he was a biatch for keeping the pen, but it's smart to keep the option (pen), he never has to use it or he can use if he wants/needs to. Both sides of this "war" are complete trash based on what I have seen so far. More information would be helpful for me to know which side I would actually root for. I am neutral on all the characters/sides besides Inori and Daryl, best characters by far.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.