Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magic Knight Rayearth 2
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2011 4:28 PM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Very fascinating. Now there's spaceships lol this series really have elements of everything.
Dec 11, 2013 7:25 PM

Jan 2010
Girls: "We're back in Cephiro, awesome!"
Clef: "Why the hell are you girls even here? But great timing, we're at war with other countries."
Girls: "Countries? There were other countries?"
Clef: "Well, they're more like planets, but whatever, here's your armor."
Girls: "Awesome! Although...Why does it look like ass?"
Clef: "Oh, it'll evolve on its own when the plot demands."
Girls: "Well, that shortcuts the level grinding we did before. How 'bout our weapons?"
Clef: "Ah, we got that covered."
Presea: "Yo, 'sup."
Girls: "Whoa! Weren't you dead!?"
Presea: "I got better. Also, here are your stabby things."
Girls: "Well alright, cool! Now we ca-"
Rune Gods: "WE HAVE SUMMONED YOU TO OUR POCKET DIMENSION THAT WE NEVER MENTIONED BEFORE BECAUSE WE WANT YOU GIRLS INSIDE OF US"
Girls: "....Alright, awesome!"
Rune Gods: "ALSO, WE MUST FIGHT SPACE CRUISERS NOW"

Me: See avatar
Apr 15, 2015 3:13 PM

Feb 2014
It looks like there will be a lot more mecha action in this season!

Although the show is starting off at a slow pace, I like how they're taking time to explain the situation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2016 5:31 AM

Apr 2011
Really boring episode, but I suppose it's good that they're getting all of the explaining out of the way early on [even if it feels like overkill at this point.]
Also, that Eagle Vision guy is already pissing me off, all smiles and 'hi im gonna defeat u/smile smile/' I hate that! :b
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Jun 24, 2017 4:40 AM

Nov 2011
Yeah... this episode definitely had a lot of bizzare developments, yet oddly I'm somehow finding myself okay with it (well, maybe aside from Presea). It's a bit like watching a Tomino Gundam in that sense.

It was an alright episode despite everything being what it was.

My one serious thought is this: If everyone who died during the war was resurrected, does that include Zagato? The ending to the last season implied it wouldn't.
TripleSRankJun 24, 2017 4:43 AM
Jan 2, 2019 6:31 AM

May 2018
so Emeraude, in her dying breath, resurrected everyone.

Also damn, the battleship has a freaking mecha in it, because of course since the heroes have robots now, the other side needs robots too.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Oct 21, 2020 7:43 AM

Nov 2017
Presia is back from the dead surprisingly. It's kind of like things are starting off the same, but with some added bonuses and the gift of hindsight
Jul 3, 2022 2:12 AM

Jan 2020
I was hoping that the girls would start out cooking and cleaning and then gradually awaken to their powers again. Gotta say, it was amusing watching Clef squirm a bit. But, I suppose this is for the best, albeit a bit convenient that they just got all their magic back in the blink of an eye.

I miss the aesthetics of their old armor. Though, it seems like it'll probably come about during battle. If the armor was going to be reactive anyway, I kind of wish it was a little more detailed and specific to each character.

I also still think it's still a bit of a missed opportunity to push the girls forward so quick. Just like I would've liked to see them hanging out on Earth some, I think it could've been cool to see them train with the so-called swordsman and magicians in the castle to regain their abilities. It wouldn't hurt to have them improve their abilities even if just a little.

I'm going to assume that this season is going to be a lot more robot forward since we've got immediate access to them.

Also, apparently Eagle and Lantis weren't just random additions, lmao. I guess I should've watched this season before the OVA. Oh well... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Mar 23, 2023 5:52 PM

Jul 2021
So far this season seems more focused on the Mechas than the previous one which already makes it better in my books. Presea's revival felt like BS though.
Jan 28, 8:03 PM

Oct 2021
Did we really need to get Presea back to life?

FTO and Eagle Vision are badass! Nice mecha and character design.
May 22, 5:41 PM

Jun 2014
Presea is alive! I'm so happy, I almost cried!

The Magic Knights are back in action, and that Gundam-type ship and robot are a real threat, but they must stop it to save Cephiro!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth II Episode 29 Discussion

Mon_Diamond - Nov 6, 2011

14 by GarouWolf »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth II Episode 28 Discussion

6 by GarouWolf »»
Yesterday, 7:11 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth II Episode 27 Discussion

6 by GarouWolf »»
Jun 2, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth II Episode 26 Discussion

7 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
May 24, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth II Episode 25 Discussion

6 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
May 24, 7:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.