Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2011 11:48 AM

Aug 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So I guess there was yet again another rollback. I seriously have been looking forward to this show for some time now. The art and character style is absolutely top notch. I think the story is also pretty solid I remember watching another show similar to it called Green Green. The only difference was that it was an all boys school not an all girls school. I am really looking forward to the rest of the season. Great job so far.
mashiros.jpg
Oct 10, 2011 1:17 PM

Aug 2009
It was really boring. Especially the first half. Took them half the show to look for the sister.
Oct 10, 2011 1:22 PM

Aug 2011
SoFarGone said:
It was really boring. Especially the first half. Took them half the show to look for the sister.

Kinda, haha, thats funny to point out.

But i like this anime! the animiation is quite yum.
Oct 10, 2011 1:30 PM

Oct 2010
I can tell you that is going to be a slow anime like:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/670/Lamune
definitely but if you are man to ignore that slow pace and my anger towards punching Shingo for being stupid in the beginning then I guess appreciating the beauty of not only the girls but of the scenery was a success of this episode. I can tell you that my favorite is the following,
addb588f.jpg
Sena Airi is amazing! Her hair and eyes are quite something. She charmed me quite well.

While I cannot deny a love for the following girl,
92252020.jpg
her with that pet of hers is quite something in beauty. That pet is totally like not Kyuubey at all. IMO he is kind of like a cupid itself.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 10, 2011 1:46 PM

Nov 2008
Needs more Angelina

Oct 10, 2011 2:12 PM

Sep 2007
So boring. I'll check out episode 2 but I'll probably drop it after all.

Oct 10, 2011 4:00 PM

Aug 2011
Mentioning Kyuubey is prohibited while Laylie is around. That show destroyed me. On to the subject of Mashiroiro it will be very slow paced but honestly a lo of amazing shows are like that. Clannad was pretty slow paced up until episode 12 and look at how amazing that is. Same with Air it doesnt get good until about 8/12 so don't judge because of the slow pacing. They were after all trying to introduce the main characters.
Oct 10, 2011 4:45 PM

Sep 2010
I really enjoyed it.
Boring? I don't think so. I think animes like this one are the ones I like most after all.
Oct 10, 2011 5:51 PM

Apr 2011
Cute episode.

It was interesting to see Shingo finding his imouto.
MagitoOct 10, 2011 6:46 PM
Oct 10, 2011 8:38 PM

Aug 2010
the marvelous art keeps me from slumbering while watching this at 1AM in the morning.

I enjoy this as much.
Oct 10, 2011 9:20 PM

May 2007
I shall give you 3 strikes. Make it worth it.
Btw, Strike 1.
Oct 11, 2011 5:55 AM
Apr 2011
Pretty much your generic harem shit. The sexy, cute, and very fuckable females are what's keeping me around.
As I've said before, we need some truly badass male harem leads instead of the usual generic tools who simply serve as easy self-inserts for otaku losers (not saying all otaku are losers btw).
A-KnightOct 11, 2011 6:02 AM
Oct 11, 2011 10:45 AM

Jul 2010
Generic but not bad at all. The characters are very likable and the protagonist doesn't look like a wimp either. Sena seems to be a typical girl afraid of boys because she has been on a girls only school for all her life. Judging from the preview it looks like she thinks all men look at her in a weird way too. Sakuno looked like the typical shy girl but I was glad I was wrong. Her jab at that guy was pretty unexpected. =P

I think I'm gonna like this as long as it doesn't turn out to be a generic harem.

Oct 11, 2011 10:56 AM
Mar 2010
Onyxthegreat said:
Sena seems to be a typical girl afraid of boys because she has been on a girls only school for all her life. Judging from the preview it looks like she thinks all men look at her in a weird way too.

It's not like she is afraid of guys; she seems pretty okay with the protagonist when she meets him in the park. More of the fact that she's rather protective of her school or something and doesn't think there needs to be guys in it.
Oct 11, 2011 11:53 PM

Aug 2010
Not sure if I should drop just yet. I'll give it a couple more episodes
Oct 12, 2011 7:27 AM

Mar 2009
If the ending turns out to be another brother/sister incest shit, imma kill myself.
Oct 12, 2011 2:52 PM

May 2011
The art for this anime looks great, I just love it. All the girls are very beautiful and I can tell I am gunna like this very much. Tho nothing much really happened in this episode I still enjoyed it.
Oct 12, 2011 4:46 PM

Nov 2008
This anime is basically to kill time, but I really liked Sakuno, she is just too cute and adorable. Apparently no sense of direction, but still likeable and lovable.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Oct 12, 2011 8:22 PM

Mar 2010
I'm really setting myself up for failure here by watching this and planning to continue. But what's the point in even bothering. I know what the end result will turn out like. I'm just praying for some kind of twist or unexpected turn in events that may break my linear interest. Looking forward to the next!
Oct 12, 2011 8:53 PM

Jul 2008
I thought it looked pretty good. I hope it doesn't get as bad as everyone already thinks it is.
Oct 14, 2011 1:21 PM
Mar 2008
It was okay in the first ~3 minutes, then it turned into your generic harem. Meh.
Oct 15, 2011 2:03 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
nicely animated but at this point, high school romance without an appealing comedy, action or fantasy/SF setting is too much for me.

Want to continue to give it one more chance but no time right now so dropped... at least temporarily.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 17, 2011 2:27 PM

May 2009
Wow, this anime is so interesZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz...
Nov 3, 2011 8:00 PM

May 2010
I like the idea of a "stray nurse" :)
“Money can't buy dere”
Nov 17, 2011 12:09 PM

Sep 2010
I had a such bad thoughts at the prologue concerning the color white

The troll face Sakuno made at the meeting with Hayata was awesome!

Though a bit cliché it has a great feel to it, I'm gonna continue.
Dec 11, 2011 10:52 AM
Nov 2011
I honestly didn't know what to expect from this one. I've been browsing several of the more recent anime to see if there is anything worth following regularly.

I read the synopsis and said okay this sounds familiar, might be fun, might be crap.

However, I love the scenery, If i'd known about the whole 'Sakuna Lost being found thing' I'm not sure I would have liked it, but i think it sets up an interesting conflict within some of the characters Especially Aria. The odd animal kitten thing was too cute.

The only bad part about this episode is likely something which translates better in Japan than in the states.

As for the conflict about those in favor of the integration, and those wanting no part of it, I think we know where this is going, and I like that while Aria seems to be nice when meeting them outside the school, she's completely cold to them when she finds out they are test students. I really hope that conflict comes off right, because It's clearly a central point in this Anime.

As far as opening episodes go, I rather enjoyed it, and it didn't turn me off, so, we'll see what's in store.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Dec 18, 2011 2:23 AM

Feb 2010
Pretty dam boring so far, the girls looks nice but the why does guy's faces look out of place to me. And what's with that cat thing? So is this anime supernatural? In clannad they have that retarded pig thing but the show is supernatural anyways.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2011 1:00 AM

Sep 2011
Woah what is with all the hate? I really enjoyed that first episode and even looking forward to the next episode! :p
Mar 29, 2012 7:35 PM

Aug 2010
This episode was alright.
Aug 6, 2012 12:28 PM

Jun 2012
Jesus the beginning was so damn slow. I almost fell asleep. Kinda like it though, hopefully it picks up even more.
Dec 14, 2012 4:58 PM

May 2012
DAFUQ IS THAT BALL OF FUR IT'S SO KAWAII!!! Damn great start of this Anime, the setting is quite nice and the character's we where introduced already seem quite nice, as for the episode it self it's rather on the slow side but still good, the art is very clean and just feels right!

Good start lets see how it proceeds!
Dec 23, 2012 9:46 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
lol this is Good. sure it's a little slow, but it's pretty interesting. It's not easy to find someone when lost, but Uryuu handled it pretty good. That's some school also :O, super high class xD i seriously LOLed when Sena say she don't welcome the boys (Uryuu) , even though she said they were friends last night. wahahahah~
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 31, 2013 1:28 AM

Jan 2013
Character designs are nice. Like the start
Jul 9, 2013 12:29 AM
Apr 2013
The first episode was alright. Not much action but it was good to get to know the characters. For some reason the character models kinda look similar to Akane-Iro's characters and hoshizora e kakaru hashi's characters. But haha. Mashiro's females look a lot more cute. I smell harem already for Shingo. Lucky, lucky for him. Hope the ending will be sensible and not randomly picking a girl out of the blue like hoshizora's ending.
AsphyxiateMeJul 9, 2013 11:35 AM
Mar 18, 2014 6:46 PM

May 2009
The anime starts out slow and Honestly I didn't catch on what this series was about till I went to look it up. Hoping it doesn't become a brother sister love anime not my cup of tea.
Nov 15, 2014 7:14 AM

Sep 2014
Dec 10, 2014 4:09 PM

Aug 2013
Dat dramatic ball cat... What the heck is he supposed to be? He look like a cat that would have been cut in half.

So... Is there a possible incest route..? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I gotta go do the VN, quick!

More seriously, pretty much watching this anime because I heard he choose a girl by the end and I'm tired recently of anime that ends with a status quo. But there is one thing that I'm sure, it's that he will not choose best girl. Because harem leader never choose best girl, it is known.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 3, 2015 12:05 PM

Aug 2013
Wow!
Art, especially characters looks TOTALLY AWESOME.
Seriously I don't remember when I seen that good drawn characters.

And I don't know why almost everyone thinks that it was boring. I'm not bored at all. Good start.

PS
I don't know, but I have not good translation probably. Few dialogues sounded very unnatural, and I'm pretty sure that original meaning was totally different (I'm learning Japanese, and I understand a little).

wakka9ca said:
nicely animated but at this point, high school romance without an appealing comedy, action or fantasy/SF setting is too much

No, no no and one more time - NO. Comedy is almost always PATHETIC, action is ALWAYS boring as hell, and magic is one of the worst things in anime. I prefer it in that way like in this anime.
rsc-plJan 3, 2015 12:18 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 28, 2015 8:24 AM

Dec 2012
As soon as I saw the OP, I knew I wanted to watch this. Not really sure what to think yet, but it's hooked me in for now at least. That pink hair girl in the garden is really adorable though.
Nov 18, 2015 11:11 AM

Oct 2010
Really liking the character designs. Airi is really cute and Ange seems like a nice person to hang out with. First part was a bit underwhelming as it took forever to find his sister. Although I guess it had good realism momentum. Liked the first part where MC was taking his keys, turning the lights off and starting with the search. I love slow slice of life moments like that.

So they are merging male and female schools? Let's see what happens.
Aug 30, 2017 3:36 PM
Apr 2015
Oh my god, people are ACTUALLY complaining about the pace? Ever heard that slow pace is for RELAXING?
Jun 12, 2019 4:33 AM

Sep 2012
hooo isn't Airi 2faced, nice and yet stuck up hime-sama at school
Aug 7, 2020 5:53 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Seems to be classic so far, with a few incest vibes with the sister xD
Jan 5, 2021 1:37 PM

Aug 2018
I wonder, if brother and sister got here recently?.. Started to live, that is.. I mean, if it'd be new place - you could get lost in it.. Or maybe not, and sister just gets lost for whatever reasons - getting distracted, being in her own thoughts, or other reasons..
Well, at least I like how calm she is.. Getting lost isn't the best thing about her personality, on the other hand.. Still, she seems like a likeable girl by temperament..
What is this?.. Lost girls party?.. ;D I kinda like this beginning, though.. A bit feely and melancholic, but also happy.. I like the feel..
It actually already looks so weird to see mobile phones which open like that - old ones.. Well, they were usable not that long ago, really.. Like certainly still in 2011, when this anime came out.. Seems like forever since I saw these phones.. And where these 10 years went?.. Maybe whole life will pass like this, who knows..
I quite like this piano music.. At 13:50 - before, and after.. Just a nice OST.. Beautiful..
Lol, this Ange girl is weirdo.. ;P In a good sense, though.. ;P
A nice first episode.. I like the feels of it.. Music, characters, drawing style.. Nice mix of drama and fun.. Overall, a very nice episode, really.. Wait for more.. ;P
Jul 17, 2021 9:59 PM

Aug 2018
I was getting worried till Imouto needed a bath and revealed her brocon. I sure didn’t expect with nipples even.
Jul 5, 2022 12:06 PM

Jul 2019
Can tell where this shit is going.

Blonde love here is gonna fall for main guy.

I like the sister but I didn't think she was a brocon holy fuck.

Classic ecchi harem.

The OST here is amazing too btw. For like the first half tho. They should have made better use for it really.

More topics from this board

» The VN is now available in English!

Razernation - May 6

5 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 20, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Mashiroiro Symphony: The Color of Lovers Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

game8910 - Dec 13, 2011

196 by RioAl »»
May 3, 2023 5:49 AM

Poll: » Mashiroiro Symphony: The Color of Lovers Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Dec 6, 2011

267 by RioAl »»
May 3, 2023 5:28 AM

» Poor Airi

shuvrokun - Mar 19, 2023

3 by shuvrokun »»
Mar 20, 2023 8:37 AM

» Shingo's and Airi's name

Rad_Scientist - Jan 25, 2023

4 by Rad_Scientist »»
Jan 25, 2023 10:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.