Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 21, 2016 1:56 PM

Apr 2013
So many series have used the wonderland episode/chapter/arc... and well... that was weird O.o

Lacertoss said:
God, I loved this episode. It reminded me SO MUCH of Mawaru Penguindrum, my favorite series of all time...

^ yeah Penguindrum was amazing. Had to watch it twice to catch some things

Oh and Haruhi's pouting was really cute.
duderusJan 21, 2016 2:20 PM

Jun 2, 2016 6:47 AM

Jul 2014
What is it with anime doing Alice in Wonderland episodes? I've seen at least 3 of them so far.

Anyway, this was retarded. Probably my least favorite episode so far.

2/5
Apr 3, 2017 11:12 PM

Apr 2015
This episode is okay, but I liked the past episodes more tbh

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
May 11, 2017 8:48 AM
Jun 2016
It was fun to learn background information, however, this episode was Ok
Mar 26, 2019 5:48 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
it did feel like some sort of strange recap xD

Jun 10, 2020 5:09 PM
Feb 2016
Not sure if I catched the AIW references,but this was a pretty good way of letting us see the inner turmoil in Haruhi's head regarding the death of her mother and how it affected her.

I'm not sure,but I think this was mabye the first time Haruhi's obession with studying was addressed (and when I say the first time I mean a proper remark and not a quick mention which is glanced over right away).

The message of enjoying your highschool days with your friends instead of just studying all day I do agree with,but it felt a bit like they were beating around the bush regarding why she does this in the first place,which I do understand. Losing your mother at that young of an age isn't something you can get over that quick.

If only more of the character focused episodes were like this...
Oct 2, 2020 6:49 AM
Jun 2019
CAT BOY HIKARU
CAT BOY KAORU
LETS GOOOOOO
May 1, 2021 3:17 PM

Jan 2021
First time I saw this episode I was very confused. The times after that I found it kind of sad especially that part about a pool of her tears. She really has been through a lot but seems to try tough it out and not show how much she is affected by things to others. It probably would do her good to shown a bit more of her emotions and let others in. I kind of wish someone had seen her crying in her sleep also.

One thing I wish this show played up more and showed is how truly exceptionally smart she is. It is touched on a couple times and shows she can be perceptive but really doesn't take true advantage to use this fact. Apparently according to host club bios I assume from the manga.
CalmTeaTimeSep 27, 2021 10:47 AM
Sep 29, 2021 6:45 AM

Dec 2020
this was the ep that i used to really not get excited abt but now its definitely one of my favs. a look into haruhi's character outside the one she's shown us throughout her host club experience, aka the haruhi before highschool. how she was, how she felt about things, how she thinks, etc. she takes care of everything herself, she doesnt Know the "fun" you should have in school, she actually does cry a lot but hides it and bottles it up herself. but again she's Still haruhi, she defends whats right and speaks up about her beliefs, she's not a single bit hesitant and doesn't think twice to help other people. lovee love this ep
Oct 1, 2021 9:36 PM

Jan 2020
Uh.. That was unique

And even though the dream stuff was a bit predictable this was very interesting and might be one of my favorites so far due how different and distinct it felt

As iconic as the current haruhi is, the long hair version is pretty cute lmao. Great episode

Nov 8, 2021 1:47 PM
Aug 2020
this got me trippen ngl

I loved this episode tho <3
Nov 28, 2021 6:59 PM
Dec 2017
another nice episode i say.

Mar 4, 2022 5:49 PM

Apr 2018
Meh... It wasn't the greatest ep... Felt like a filler of some sort.
Sep 7, 2022 5:40 AM
Dec 2019
SO GOODDDDD DATRDTYGJJJJ
May 23, 2023 3:06 PM

Mar 2022
This was a very trippy episode now that I watch this again, I feel like it's just a metaphorical sort of episode for Haruhi's past I mean we got glimpses of it, how she was and how she is a person now that she's in the Host Club. I feel it's pretty neat, it's definitely the most out there episode and considering it's adapting Alice in Wonderland that's saying a lot. I'd be lying if I didn't say the ending with Haruhi's mum wasn't sad because it was. You can tell Haruhi has been through a lot. The twins being the Cheshire Cat definitely a good choice, Kyoya as the Catterpillar definitely works to a degree. Tamaki as the Mad Hatter? Mmm I'm not feeling it. I feel like that role should've been given to Renge maybe but this is just nitpicking on my part.Otherwise a great episode not my favourite but still a great episode.
Jul 17, 2023 9:34 AM
Oct 2020
This is my favorite episode of all time. I've never reviewed it but I've gone back to it as a standalone episode so many times.
Hello from whatever year I left this comment in! It's funny, we're separated by so many years, and yet we're both enjoying the same media...

Enjoy the present :)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ouran High School Host Club Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DarkBlue - Mar 16, 2008

204 by Kreikka95 »»
May 21, 10:09 PM

Poll: » Ouran High School Host Club Episode 17 Discussion

shinigami034 - Nov 16, 2008

44 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 17, 11:53 AM

Poll: » Ouran High School Host Club Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kenkei - Sep 9, 2008

67 by Kreikka95 »»
May 7, 1:38 AM

Poll: » Ouran High School Host Club Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

notestinet - Jun 6, 2008

72 by Kreikka95 »»
May 1, 10:08 PM

Poll: » Ouran High School Host Club Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

notestinet - Jun 1, 2008

65 by Kreikka95 »»
Apr 30, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.