Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 29, 2020 2:57 PM

Dec 2010
i can't say i cried but i had a very ill feeling when u know who died. i watched this movie twice only in my life both in my early teenage years in the early 2000s and my lil sis was basically the same age as setsuko. i had the sense of dred imagining my lil sis dying
Nov 15, 2020 4:10 PM

Aug 2016
Well I didN't cry or felt sad in any way, which I find kind of odd given the fact that I normally end up crying/tearing up in other shows/movie. The movie failed to move me, maybe it was because of the main character who didn't really show his emotions either or the fact that the movie lacked "weight".
Nov 15, 2020 4:16 PM

May 2020
nope. hated those snot nosed entitled brats
I said with a posed look
Feb 7, 2021 11:45 AM
Jul 2020
couldn't help but cry a little bit, but it made me feel really depressed for the rest of the day
Feb 26, 2021 11:49 AM
Apr 2018
I think the most I cried during the movie was when I knew they were going to die/I was anticipating it...
Mar 8, 2021 12:30 PM

Aug 2020
Not really, it was a bore fest, in the beginning It was interesting but then it started to get really boring to watch, I wasn't even sad.

♥๏ธ ๐“๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ♥๏ธ

“๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐”‚ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ต ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฌ๐“ฎ, ๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ช, ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ.” – ๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ช ๐“๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ช

Mar 9, 2021 11:19 AM

Jan 2021
I don;t know if this was just me but I shed only a few tears here and there. Like my eyes would start to fill with water but nothing would really come down my check. However I will say this movie was still very sad and left me with a bit of an empty feeling since we don't know what happens next.
May 2, 2021 2:43 PM
Feb 2019
I was so angry and disgusted with Seita that I couldn't feel sad for what happened to Setsuko.
May 7, 2021 7:54 PM
Sep 2020
ss4gojetanks said:
I heard from many reviews that everyone would start bawling their eyes out after watching this film, so I put it on my Netflix queue. My sister watched it first and cried... alot... My mom (who never watch anime, ever, at all) watched it next and she cried a bit.

I felt sad at the end when Setsuko died, but no tears. I got the "eye squinting" sad feeling. After telling that to my family members, they said that I was cold and emotionless >.>

So, I just started this thread to see how you guys felt after watching the movie. I added a poll too.
bawling my eyes out like a BABY
May 7, 2021 7:55 PM
Sep 2020
ss4gojetanks said:
I heard from many reviews that everyone would start bawling their eyes out after watching this film, so I put it on my Netflix queue. My sister watched it first and cried... alot... My mom (who never watch anime, ever, at all) watched it next and she cried a bit.

I felt sad at the end when Setsuko died, but no tears. I got the "eye squinting" sad feeling. After telling that to my family members, they said that I was cold and emotionless >.>

So, I just started this thread to see how you guys felt after watching the movie. I added a poll too.
bawling my eyes out like a BABY
May 16, 2021 10:03 AM
Apr 2020
Idk, but I Didnt Cry:)
May 28, 2021 10:38 PM
Nov 2020
One of the best anime movie
May 31, 2021 4:34 AM

Jan 2018
No I didn't but man, fuck that aunt, fuck that uncle and fuck that cousin
Jul 13, 2021 5:20 PM

Mar 2014
instead of adapting to his new household he decides to commit double suicide LOL
so, no
AnimeSoapJul 20, 2021 12:40 AM
Jul 29, 2021 7:48 AM

Feb 2014
The ending had me sobbing :'( I had a feeling of when was I gonna ccry the whole movie and him burying Setsuko with all her favorite things is what did it for me. I was a little surprised at the very beginning when we found out Seita dies, bc I figured it was gonna end at the same place it started, and that would soften some of the suspected shock. But that didn't matter in the end, of course
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2021 7:09 AM
Aug 2021
I cried till my eyes hurt and were so puffy that i couldnt see
Sep 17, 2021 8:17 PM
Feb 2021
When I thought that I wouldn't, I cried like a bitch in the last 5 minutes of the movie.
Don't know why, but I think I had a reality check in the cremation scene. Setsuko died, and soon it would be Seita.
I really liked the movie. The way they portrayed the exacerbated pride and how it affected everyone is very well done and it ends up being the main trigger of the plot, in my opinion.
Sep 25, 2021 1:05 AM
Sep 2021
I cried many times while watching this movie๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿฅบ & I don't have caurage to watch this movie 2nd time๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ’” one of the saddest movie I've seen so far ๐Ÿฅบ
Nov 6, 2021 10:06 PM

May 2015
No, I was angry.
The most unlikable mc in anime history. The brat killed his little sister to keep his pride, and has the audacity to die after she passes away. Fucking piece of human shit.
Dec 15, 2021 7:01 AM
Dec 2021
I cried a lot with this anime specially with the last scene...
I don't want to remember those moments
Hotaru no Haka OST was painful and amazing
ILIA007Dec 15, 2021 7:04 AM
Dec 15, 2021 7:03 AM

Jan 2021
It was beautiful and sad. Didn't cried tho.
Jan 6, 2022 1:52 AM
Aug 2018
Seita looking at Setsuko one last time before cremating her pushed me over and made me bawl. I started thinking about my brother and younger family members.
Jan 12, 2022 4:50 PM
Mar 2021
The only thing I felt was anger and disappointment towards Seita
MakoInTheShellJan 12, 2022 4:56 PM
Jan 28, 2022 5:46 PM
Dec 2021
Shed some tears even before setsuno's death.
Feb 12, 2022 7:20 AM
Dec 2021
I cried a lot... It has 2 or 3 very sad scenes. I liked the scene that Setsuko and Seita went to the beach but the last scene was the saddest scene that I watched in animes...
Feb 13, 2022 5:06 PM

Jul 2019
No. Not at all. My biggest problem with this film is the brother's ignorance regarding their situation. It's filled with flaws and illogical presentation.

Feb 17, 2022 3:33 AM

Dec 2020
No. And f**k Seita and his entitled ass. The aunt was right. He must contribute if he wants to live there. There is nothing unreasonable with that expectation when the war was already reducing the supplies. He is the reason his sister died.
Apr 26, 2022 5:11 AM
Mar 2022
I did shed tears and was depressed after setsuko died
Apr 29, 2022 11:57 AM
Oct 2020
ss4gojetanks said:

wait so what am I? I didn't feel shit like seriously, I just thought the main character had too much pride and was stupid af so that costed him his and his sister's life. Am is demon?๐Ÿ˜‚
Apr 29, 2022 11:57 AM
Oct 2020
ss4gojetanks said:

wait so what am I? I didn't feel shit like seriously, I just thought the main character had too much pride and was stupid af so that costed him his and his sister's life. Am is demon?๐Ÿ˜‚
Apr 29, 2022 12:03 PM

Oct 2014
'twas sad sure. the tears did not flow tho
Jun 13, 2022 12:52 AM

Aug 2020
I just finished the movie and it was great. I didn't really cry though.

Jul 9, 2022 10:51 AM
Jan 2008
For years I was always told this was a sad anime so I avoided watching it. My fiance found out I never saw it and said "okay we have to watch it, it's a good movie". It's a well made film but good lord it was frustrating. The aunt had a point about they have to contribute if they want to eat. Instead no Seita decides to effectively commit double suicide. Felt so bad for the younger sister. There was some sadness but the frustration was overwhelming.

Though I will admit I thought this anime was gonna go the Barefoot Gen route and end with the nuclear bombings.
Aug 1, 2022 5:46 PM
Dec 2020
Yes it's the only movie that has ever made me cry
Nov 5, 2023 11:51 AM
Oct 2016
Nope. I didn't cry. Despite the movie being quite depressing and traumatic, I felt anger towards the MC. For me, there wasn't enough character connection and development that allowed me to invest in the characters to make me feel sad that they died. The only animes I've ever cried to are when Marnie was there, maquia, Anohana, Violet Evergarden, and Clannad afterstory because the characters are relatable, connectable, and more fleshed out. Even though I didn't cry for this movie, it's still a decent movie that's realistic in sense where statistically most war orphans will end up dead, how wars destroys families and how it brings the worst out of people.

My anger towards the MC is still valid. He caused his sister death due to his pride and his unwillingness to compromise and contribute when living under someone else's roof. He had many choices to be able to do his fair share of the workload living in his Aunt's home. He could've used that money in his parent's bank account and pay a bit of rent. He could've asked those farmers if he can lend them a hand in exchange for food. So many opportunities but he chose to eat, lay around in the house and waste his time and energy playing with his sister.

One can blame his parents too. It's obvious the MC lived a privilege life before the war. He never had to struggle before and his needs were taken care of by his parents. If the parents taught and instill responsibilities, discipline, and skillsets to survive in a stressful situation, he and his sister would not end up dead. It's obvious that Seita got his pride and ego from his father who's a high ranking navy officer. Like father, like son; both end up dead.
cooroxdNov 6, 2023 1:17 AM
Dec 9, 2023 3:04 PM
Aug 2021
I cried like a little child
Sorry but anyone who voted "happy" need emotional help
Jan 9, 11:23 AM

Apr 2015
This movie was sad all along but I didn't shed tears till the end, it was just too much for me so 1. Bawling my eyes out.
This one will stick with me for a long while I feel :_(
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seita

Neo2425 - Jan 1, 2023

21 by CareBear »»
May 16, 2:13 AM

» Grave of the fireflies is not that much sad

Ishow_suii - Nov 16, 2023

25 by CosmicGirl »»
May 13, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Hotaru No Haka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakyuu-addict - Nov 28, 2008

315 by CosmicGirl »»
May 13, 2:56 PM

» Rewatch!?!

Jaiakazz - Apr 22

22 by imjayhime »»
Apr 24, 7:55 PM

» Useful for learning the Kansai dialect (J-subs)

RudeRedis - Jul 8, 2023

18 by theSporz »»
Jan 17, 5:58 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.