Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2010 5:21 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I didn't really like this episode. At all. I felt that Tennouji-san was extremely OOC. She woudln't all of a sudden just warm up to Ichigo, one of her greatest rivals, that quickly. And Linda made me cringe. A dancer? A sweets shop as a stage? WTF is that about?

And once again, Henri-sensei is mean. Seeing Hanabusa at the end didn't really make the episode that much better either.

I hope they get to their own shops soon, jeez...

However, I thought the heiress was hilarious. Inviting Paris Hilton to her shop and calling New York a Fondue Pot.

And I am sure that is is still an important part of being a patissiere, but I feel that this season has focused more and the economic aspects than just baking the sweets. They only care about how much they sell or how to reduce excess amounts and other things like that. I miss the first season where we got to see something delicious being made almost every episode.
kuroshiroiNov 29, 2010 5:39 PM
Nov 27, 2010 8:14 PM

Jan 2010
this series is missing its plot
at first they told by Henri to open their own shop
then suddenly they fly to new york to help mari?
what happens to their shop? they just abandoned it?

first season is waaaaaaay much better
Nov 27, 2010 8:18 PM

Apr 2008
let's just get over this plot fast and go back to their own shop

Nov 27, 2010 9:13 PM

Aug 2009
I agree with everyone else so far. They really need to hurry and go back to their own shop, I want to see more delicious sweets that they make.
I laughed when I saw Hanabusa. I can't get over his hair. xD

Hurrryyy.
Nov 27, 2010 11:32 PM

May 2010
Yeah exactly. So in reality, if your struggling to maintain a store, you'll just stop and help two other people with there's? It's COMPETITION no one in their right mind would ever contribute to a rival.

Johnny's character is also getting very annoying VERY quickly, but I think Maize is pretty cute.

Miya's just as annoying as ever too. It's nothing new, but the plot has fallen.

First we're making a shop, then we're helping Andou, then we are in the Sweets Kingdom, now we're helping Mari?

Let's get realistic here shall we?
Nov 28, 2010 12:29 AM

Oct 2010
i agree
this season is getting boring, i love the 1st season so much better :|
I'll never say "I understand what you're going through"
Nov 28, 2010 3:16 AM

Dec 2007
Henri sensei is fucking silly and mean in this season. I hate him.
Nov 28, 2010 3:21 AM

Aug 2010
Black_Raven said:
this series is missing its plot
at first they told by Henri to open their own shop
then suddenly they fly to new york to help mari?
what happens to their shop? they just abandoned it?

first season is waaaaaaay much better

second that!

And Henri-sensei is cruel. Probably he's just pretending to be so, because he wants Mari and the others to become stronger, but even if it's like that... Ohhh, I don't like it.

And Hanabusa shows out of the blue. I wonder why
Nov 28, 2010 3:28 AM

Aug 2010
i really agree with everyone else

Nov 28, 2010 3:55 AM

Apr 2009
I actually rather liked Linda. I'm dying for the plot to go back to their store though. But, apparently the new team is the wonder team that can bring stores back from the brink of closing even though they haven't made their own store successful (or even opened it for that matter).
Nov 28, 2010 4:06 AM

Dec 2009
Henri is easily one of my most hated characters. No, like seriously. You rarely get a beautiful rich ojou to sacrifice her wealth and luxury just to dedicate herself to you and your stupid ideals.
But no, you go on television, claim all the credit and then tell your most devoted pupil and possible lover to improve or you'll sack her.

Oh, how he has changed since episode one of season one.

I wish they'd participate in another tournament. It seems like it's been forever since they've showed themselves making the sweets.
Nov 28, 2010 7:17 AM

May 2008
Finally get to see hanabusa again :D but i dun like what he done to his hair =/

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 28, 2010 8:01 AM

Apr 2009
GarLogan78 said:
And I am sure that is is still an important part of being a patissiere, but I feel that this season has focused more and the economic aspects than just baking the sweets. They only care about how much they sell or how to reduce excess amounts and other things like that. I miss the first season where we got to see something delicious being made almost every episode.

I agree with that, it becomes boring..

The first part of this episode was average, the second one was better.
Henri-sensei is really mean, Mari can't be perfect.

I hope the next episode will be the last one focused on Mari.
Nov 28, 2010 8:34 AM

May 2010
So isn't Mari still in high school technically? Isn't she actually a 3rd year high school student? If that's so, isn't that almost a little bit of creeping for Henri-sensei to love her?

Also Francois.

Is he a damn child molester?
Nov 28, 2010 8:51 AM

Feb 2009
This... Isn't the series that I enjoyed so much. I mean, this season started off okay but since the sweets kingdom, nothing has really been... Good.

What happened to how good the first season was?
Nov 28, 2010 9:43 AM

Aug 2010
^ I've caught myself at thinking that I continue watching this series not because I love it, but because I only want to know what'll happen. It's kinda sad, 'cause I really liked 1st season - funny, refreshing and very 'sweet'
Nov 28, 2010 12:51 PM

Jul 2010
I really hope they'll soon improve the plot since the first season was better... It's not bad but I just want to see some action from Ichigo, I don't really wanna see her helping a rival (but it is nice to see ^^). Henri-sensei should drop the bad guy attitude, it doesn't fit him at all.

I don't really like (but don't dislike) the 2nd season but it was nice to see how they came up with a plan and succesfully attracted customers, I hope next episode will be the last one with Tennouji and that they'll concentrate on their own shop after that :)

+1 for Hanabusa-kun at the end of the episode ^^
Nov 28, 2010 1:23 PM

Jul 2010
I agree with everyone

Henri-sensei is a mean old fag

What happened to there shop? First they open a shop then they left it to help Andou, then they went to the sweets kingdom, and now there in New York helping Mari.

so confusing
Nov 28, 2010 5:25 PM

Jul 2008
okthxbaii said:
So isn't Mari still in high school technically? Isn't she actually a 3rd year high school student? If that's so, isn't that almost a little bit of creeping for Henri-sensei to love her?

I might be wrong, but I thought in season one Mari was a third or second year in High School. So after the two year time skip between seasons, she is an adult out of St. Marie academy.
Nov 28, 2010 8:00 PM

Jul 2009
Kazandravk said:
I agree with everyone else so far. They really need to hurry and go back to their own shop, I want to see more delicious sweets that they make.

Hurrryyy.

im just glad he's not wearing that gaudy pink outfit like in the OP

the hair i can deal with, its cute.
Nov 28, 2010 8:16 PM
Apr 2009
This season seems really unfocused, like the writers are just putting anything they happen to think of into the show. If they were going to make them jet around the world like this, maybe the characters should have been aged a little more. It's kind of dumb to see high school kids put in charge of major projects with no business experience at all. But then again, I guess they don't really GO to school anymore, do they?

Also, New Team Ichigo isn't really growing on me. Johnny is still an annoying stereotype and Lemon might as well not be in the show for all she's been given to do.

Finally, why would people who just loaded up on free sweets then go to another shop to BUY more sweets? If they wanted more, why wouldn't they just get more of the free ones?
Nov 28, 2010 9:42 PM

May 2009
I didn't mind this episode since I've always wanted to like Mari despite her frigid exterior. It was really sad to see her world crumble at the end of last season, but it probably needed to happen since her building her aspirations with Henri as the core was damn unhealthy. So I actually like that they're devoting some episodes to have her thaw a bit and grow as person - though I hope they conclude it next week.

That said, I do agree with most of the complaints. Last season was better, much better. Why would they send Ichigo & Co. out to NY when their own shop is in start up mode? Linda is not a very good character and the "this is my special stage" thing was wut?!

Also Miya was a real bitch here. Hearing that Mari wasn't doing well and responding by trying to crush her. Also, Henri's continued cold approach to dealing with Mari is awful. Does he truly believe this is the best way to motivate her is he being mean for fun. Asshole.
Dec 1, 2010 4:18 PM

Nov 2007
Meh. I had TV tropes open the whole episode. Hanabusa's hair I like tho <3

Dec 2, 2010 8:29 AM
Jun 2008
HIGH CLASS sweet with DISCOUNT coupon ??!! ...
Dec 4, 2010 5:36 PM

Nov 2008
Didn't we already do this subplot with Henri-sensei being a jerk so that Tennouji could become a better patissiere? Or, I guess, a better shop owner this time? I miss the first season. -_-
Dec 4, 2010 6:28 PM
Apr 2010
I like the series and all, but the past few episodes have been so ... blah. ;__; I was enjoying the show so much more when they were working on their own store.
Dec 10, 2010 12:28 AM

Jan 2010
I think the show will get better again once they stop focusing on Mari and start focusing on there own shop. Because when they do we'll get to see more cooking and more friendship building. All the things we loved from the first season will hopefully return.

I actually liked the 3 eps in the Sweets kingdom I thought it was really cute and funny plus its good to see kasshi and his gang again. Also we got to see how the sweet spirits were born!

ps. Lemon chan is sooooo cute~
Dec 19, 2010 7:52 PM

Apr 2009
Lol Hanabus'as hair. Seriously. -___-;;
Apr 8, 2011 6:15 AM

Sep 2008
Kazandravk said:

Same, same. I just can't help but keep thinking that... well, it just looks kind of ridiculous... :x

okthxbaii said:
First we're making a shop, then we're helping Andou, then we are in the Sweets Kingdom, now we're helping Mari?

Let's get realistic here shall we?

Yep, the lack of a real, consistent plot is making the show look really poorly planned out and just "all over the place". With three episodes left, I've no expectations that it'll get better, but I do think it's a bit of a pity. Though short, it could've made for a really great little addition to the "first season", if it had been done properly/well.
Jun 28, 2011 2:48 AM

Feb 2011
So Director Cockleberg and Paris was there o.O

Why do I feel this heroic presence over Koshiro, everytime she appears as a idiotic villain everything seems going to end right xD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yumeiro Pâtissière SP Professional Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

goblinqueen - Dec 25, 2010

75 by ss4chris »»
Oct 4, 2023 10:08 PM

Poll: » Yumeiro Pâtissière SP Professional Episode 8 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Nov 20, 2010

23 by kreliansfibs »»
Feb 4, 2021 12:48 PM

Poll: » Yumeiro Pâtissière SP Professional Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Oct 2, 2010

73 by kreliansfibs »»
Jan 16, 2021 1:40 PM

Poll: » Yumeiro Pâtissière SP Professional Episode 10 Discussion

garfield15 - Dec 4, 2010

24 by Homura_Nagato »»
Sep 18, 2018 9:40 AM

» Season 3 Possibility!?

ShiroiKishi- - Jun 19, 2013

3 by shirley1994 »»
Jul 1, 2014 2:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.