Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2010 9:29 AM

Jun 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wow shit just got serious
Nov 13, 2010 9:39 AM

Aug 2007
If Tae gets raped I'm gonna be a little upset.
Nov 13, 2010 10:57 AM
Aug 2010
Personas said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

Finally
Nov 13, 2010 11:31 AM

Jun 2010
Now that's gonna be awesome. :)
I cant' wait to read next chapter!
Nov 13, 2010 12:10 PM

Dec 2009
Ishmael said:
If Tae gets raped I'm gonna be a little upset.

Yeah, this is one thing i hate about seinen, there is always going to be rape at some point :(
Nov 13, 2010 1:53 PM

Apr 2008
I wonder if there's a "humanly" side of those aliens as well. We'll see if that chick is a bad person or not - at least she's doing things because she'd taken hostage and has no other choice, but I wonder if she has the chance to escape and backstab Kurono and the gang, would she do it without a second thought. But those soldiers are pure bastards (at least we know what are those guys in the black suits, not that I expected differently).
gomennasaiNov 13, 2010 2:10 PM
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this signature is unavailable in your region.
Nov 13, 2010 2:21 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
+1 for guro scenes like always.

Other than that, the aliens society is a mockery of the human ones. And they are just on the top of the food chain, eating humans like a delicacy and stuff. I mean in their eyes there is nothing wrong with that. Humans treat pigs pretty much the same way.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 13, 2010 4:26 PM

Jan 2008
wakka9ca said:
Other than that, the aliens society is a mockery of the human ones. And they are just on the top of the food chain, eating humans like a delicacy and stuff. I mean in their eyes there is nothing wrong with that. Humans treat pigs pretty much the same way.

It's a shame you have to explain this, because most Gantz 'fans' are clueless to subtext and only care about action and not story. They should be reading Bleach or some shit instead.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Nov 13, 2010 4:53 PM

Apr 2008
wakka9ca said:

Exactly what I think, only humans are lower than pigs in this scenario, maybe rodents (they also treat humans as pests or cute, funny animals). But it's a bit weird, because pigs don't make themselves skyscrapers and don't wear clothes, so it's a bit of cannibalism on their part.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this signature is unavailable in your region.
Nov 13, 2010 6:12 PM

Nov 2009
I'm glad to finally see some progress.
Nov 13, 2010 6:35 PM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
Surprise buttsecks!!
Nov 13, 2010 6:39 PM

May 2009
gomennasai said:
wakka9ca said:

Exactly what I think, only humans are lower than pigs in this scenario, maybe rodents (they also treat humans as pests or cute, funny animals). But it's a bit weird, because pigs don't make themselves skyscrapers and don't wear clothes, so it's a bit of cannibalism on their part.
I don't know about this....I mean think of it in their perspective....to them making skyscrapers ain't that big of a feat....just like beaver dams, ant hills, termite mounds are not that big of a deal to us....and ain't the definition of cannibalism means to eat your own kind?....so it's not cannibalism....aliens treat humans as food and as a pet....pretty much as how dogs are treated in some other countries.....
"In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."

Nov 13, 2010 7:00 PM
Jun 2010
Personas said:

really.
Nov 14, 2010 12:42 AM

May 2009
Beatnik said:
It's a shame you have to explain this, because most Gantz 'fans' are clueless to subtext and only care about action and not story. They should be reading Bleach or some shit instead.

Fool. Why should they read 'some shit' instead, it's just a good thing that people read Gantz, wether it be for the action, story or anything else.

Shit getting serious with the expression of Sakurai at the last page, hoping he'll slaughter them all in next chapter.
Nov 14, 2010 1:17 AM

Nov 2008
Holy shit ESP Bubble shield sick xD lately one great chapter after another is being released xD
Nov 14, 2010 1:39 AM

Feb 2009
it seems its finally picking up again.
Nov 14, 2010 2:11 AM

Sep 2008
Poor girl was eaten like she's an Oreo cookie.
Nov 14, 2010 2:59 AM

Jan 2008
njasis said:
Fool. Why should they read 'some shit' instead, it's just a good thing that people read Gantz, wether it be for the action, story or anything else.

No it's not good because they spend every chapter release whining about a lack of action and that 'nothing happened'.

The entire fucking world came under attack and millions of people died, but because Kurono didn't decapitate anyone in that chapter, 'nothing happened'.

Go read Bleach.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Nov 14, 2010 4:03 AM

Jul 2009
Why i'm not surprised to see Tae will get rape?
Too much hentai..
Nov 14, 2010 4:14 AM

Apr 2009
Poor Tae...

I was wondering why Kurono didn't do anything when the alien took her translator, I mean he can't know for sure it's a translator right? She might as well be calling the 'cops'
Nov 14, 2010 10:12 AM

Jun 2009
Shouldn't katou be looking for his brother?

Anyway, awesome chapter. I really wanted to see what others were doing.
Nov 14, 2010 10:12 AM

Oct 2008
I want to dip my human in teriyaki sauce 8D
Nov 14, 2010 2:24 PM

Apr 2009
woah never got excited for a Gantz chapter since 50 chapters ago..

ALL the chapters should have a pace like this one
Nov 14, 2010 2:24 PM

Apr 2009
woah never got excited for a Gantz chapter since 50 chapters ago..

ALL the chapters should have a pace like this one
Nov 14, 2010 5:43 PM

Apr 2008
JP_rNr said:
I don't know about this....I mean think of it in their perspective....to them making skyscrapers ain't that big of a feat....just like beaver dams, ant hills, termite mounds are not that big of a deal to us....and ain't the definition of cannibalism means to eat your own kind?....so it's not cannibalism....aliens treat humans as food and as a pet....pretty much as how dogs are treated in some other countries.....

I mean the sort of "cannibalism" as eating another sentient being who is in your league - or close to - of understanding. It's like a lion who's eating a cat (I don't think that happens regularly though). Or humans eating dogs, just as you mentioned. I don't know if the aliens are more clever than humans or/and just plain cruel to other species, not only towards humans (I wonder if there's any PETA-like organization amongst the aliens, that would be fun :D). But gruesome parody of us, that's for sure, this manga one day will make me a vegetarian :)
Nov 15, 2010 11:46 AM
Nov 2009
great chapter after a while. The whole cannibalism thing creeps me out, how are they comfortable eating creatures that have the same biology as their own...
Nov 16, 2010 10:12 PM

Sep 2009
Beatnik said:
njasis said:

No it's not good because they spend every chapter release whining about a lack of action and that 'nothing happened'.

The entire fucking world came under attack and millions of people died, but because Kurono didn't decapitate anyone in that chapter, 'nothing happened'.

Go read Bleach.

One thing wrong with your Bleach statement is they already bitch nothing is going on in Bleach.
-laughs-

But I agree.
People these days just don't have an ounce of patience.

That being said, this chapter did pick up the pace quite a bit. Even if it was just a few panels, I really enjoyed seeing the rest of the Gantz team doing something.

And the whole addition of "Not Cherry" carrying around his dead lover...loved it. I can't see him walking away from this alive. But I'm sure it will be something well worth reading.
Nov 17, 2010 2:23 PM

Jan 2010
where'd you guys find it? i only found it in espanol
Nov 17, 2010 3:08 PM

Apr 2008
Algazero said:
where'd you guys find it? i only found it in espanol

Both are done by Utopia as I know.
Nov 19, 2010 4:46 AM

Sep 2009
next chapter should be titles 'rape time'
Nov 19, 2010 5:02 PM

Aug 2009
thats impossible, the way the author prresents the characters show us a lil bit of what's' going o happen,we just need to be clever to see it(i lack a better word,i'm not english) i doubt she'll be raped
Nov 20, 2010 9:18 AM

Sep 2009
Allexyah said:
thats impossible, the way the author prresents the characters show us a lil bit of what's' going o happen,we just need to be clever to see it(i lack a better word,i'm not english) i doubt she'll be raped

With it being Gantz, I really can't say what will happen.

She might get raped, the boy might just be curling against her for comfort because he is scared shitless and finally has another human contact.

But you are 100% correct. We must be clever to read this manga properly!
Nov 20, 2010 4:29 PM

Dec 2009
Sabinlerose said:
Allexyah said:

With it being Gantz, I really can't say what will happen.

She might get raped, the boy might just be curling against her for comfort because he is scared shitless and finally has another human contact.

But you are 100% correct. We must be clever to read this manga properly!

Wasn't that boy sweating when he was on top of her ?
Maybe she's already getting raped xD

If that does happen it will kind of suck :(
Nov 20, 2010 6:58 PM

Mar 2009
NeloDeath said:
It's incredibly annoying to visit a chapter/episode discussion for anything and see people crying because the didn't get pointless action, or their moe fix.

Agreed, people seem to forget Gantz has substance.
I mean sure, there's violence and action, but that's definately not the only reason I read it.

Also, sad to see Sakurai going out like this.
And Tae's roomate needs to get H-gunned now.
Nov 21, 2010 11:51 AM

Sep 2009
gosimmons said:
NeloDeath said:
It's incredibly annoying to visit a chapter/episode discussion for anything and see people crying because the didn't get pointless action, or their moe fix.

Agreed, people seem to forget Gantz has substance.
I mean sure, there's violence and action, but that's definately not the only reason I read it.

Also, sad to see Sakurai going out like this.
And Tae's roomate needs to get H-gunned now.

Not Cherry is going to go out in style.

And come on...end of the world. Hot girl. Your a 16 year old virgin. Whats he got to lose. -laughs-
I don't approve of it, but I can damn well remember my urges at that age.
Nov 21, 2010 1:43 PM

Apr 2010
Come on dammit I need more!!!

If that little horny bitch rapes Tae I'm gonna kill someone.

and eww when they were eating the people wtf?!

,....check out the psychic kid...or wait...was that his power?

Can't wait til the next chapter
[Catchy, cool, insightful quote]
Nov 25, 2010 7:38 AM

Jul 2010
So, turns out she did not get raped. Close one!
Nov 29, 2010 4:35 PM

Mar 2009
Sabinlerose said:

Not Cherry is going to go out in style.

And come on...end of the world. Hot girl. Your a 16 year old virgin. Whats he got to lose. -laughs-
I don't approve of it, but I can damn well remember my urges at that age.

He'll go out epicly, just feel bad that it won't turn out good for him in the end.

Having urges and actually attacking someone. Kind of a thick line there. lol
Dec 2, 2010 12:38 AM

Aug 2007
RAPE HER! RAPE HER! RAPE HER! This manga seriously need some more sex scenes!
Dec 4, 2010 6:34 PM

Sep 2009
xl3lueazndragonx said:
RAPE HER! RAPE HER! RAPE HER! This manga seriously need some more sex scenes!

Pssst.

This isn't a hentai.
And if it is, the creator has been rick rolling us all for years.
Dec 9, 2010 11:44 PM

Jul 2007
I wonder if Kei-clone and the rest will get any info or help from the Gantz ball.

Sakurai is pissed and ready to kill some aliens. Though he'll probably end up overusing his power.
Aug 11, 2013 6:22 PM

Nov 2009
More giants need to die, it is almost like these giants go from world to world killing every species they come across.
Jul 14, 2014 6:38 PM
Oct 2011
JP_rNr said:
gomennasai said:

One big problem with that analysis it assumes that given the ability to manipulate said objects and the proper schooling pigs and chickens could due the same things as humans can. But they couldn't. Even the smartest Gorilla apes barely get beyond the level of a two year old human.

However with humans and these new aliens other then the size difference they are identical. That being said while these aliens are more advanced then humans given the proper schooling we can do due everything they can as shown by the mirror image of human gantz fighters versus alien gantz fighters.

That being said that, sadly, only pulls apart the argument on an ethical standpoint as humans have engaged in active cannibalism. Just ask the Aztecs, they ATE that beating heart.
Jan 9, 2020 7:40 AM

May 2016
Well, shit. Shun was fine despite his thirstiness but trying to mount Tae while she sleeps is just uncalled for. It's definitely hard to not get one's hands on someone who's also naked and also happens to be of the opposite sex but the least he could've done is to just jack off for now...

That lady had her day off in a long time and now she's the first of the species to actually bother communicating with livestock. They say that it's good to try out new things and that's definitely something that doesn't happen every day.

Sakurai's on a suicide mission of revenge...

Mar 22, 2020 4:21 PM

Jul 2008
I hope Sakurai is able to unleash the fury before his inevitable demise.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Mar 25, 2021 9:13 PM

Nov 2016
For a second I thought it was Akira because he's 14 and has an older brother.

More parallels to us humans and they're pretty damn amusing. Ironic how everyone is perceiving them as monsters

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 3, 2022 8:13 AM
Feb 2022
Ahora Sakurai no siente nada. No le importa morir, y va a llevarse a todos los que pueda al infierno con el.
Dec 30, 2023 5:55 AM
Mar 2021
i really hope nothing bad happens to tae over the course of this final arc, but that is wishful thinking

More topics from this board

» What is it that Gantz has that makes people seethe, that Berserk doesn't have?

HeroicIdeal - Yesterday

7 by EtherLux »»
Today, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 83 Discussion

becool - Jun 17, 2013

9 by Blazinnie »»
Apr 17, 7:31 PM

» Gantz Deluxe Edition

Mila91 - Apr 8

4 by Sagepool »»
Apr 8, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 22 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 17, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 21 Discussion

BackLashWave - Jan 14, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.