Forum Settings
Forums

What in your opinion make a character a great character?

New
Nov 2, 2010 6:29 PM

Sep 2010
What qualities does a character need to have to be solid? How can he/she fit into the story? Who in your opion is the most well-developed character in any anime you've seen?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 16, 2010 8:34 AM

Mar 2010
Hm. That sure is a difficult question to answer! ^^;
Let's see... To be a solid character, I think that the character should have emotion.
They should not change their ways from episode to episode (Example: Someone who cannot keep their own morals and values and loses them easily. Like one day they love something, then the next they lie and say "I do not!") I also think characters that can learn and change are important. If they do not learn from what they have been through, or their mistakes... Then they are very "dull". A character I feel has a lot of qualities that makes them real, true, and solid would be Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad. He has doubts that reflect his personality and his lifestyle, and to me that makes him true. He is just a normal guy, with a hard life... Like most of us. To me, that makes him real. Lastly, he is able to learn, to change and to move forward (Except in After Story for about 5 years.. xD But that also reflects what a real person would feel/do). And that makes him solid. ^^
Sorry this post was somewhat long.. ^^;
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Reccomendations

DreamerofDreams1 - Nov 3, 2010

1 by HeroicRebellion »»
Jan 21, 2013 7:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.