Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 22, 2008 7:49 AM

Jan 2008
OMG... I have cried 3 time's this episode ;____;
May 22, 2008 7:58 AM

Nov 2007
Why? Because you realised you're watching the crappy Toei version instead of the good KyoAni one?
May 23, 2008 4:36 AM

Mar 2008
Asako said:
Why? Because you realised you're watching the crappy Toei version instead of the good KyoAni one?
People can say what they want, but the only things the remake did well were Mai's story, better art and more humor. The original had a better overall story. They made Makoto's departure look cute in the remake, lessening the impact. Shiori and Nayuki's stories were not done well at all in the remake.
May 23, 2008 4:40 AM

Nov 2007
The fluff is what made Kanon good, and Clannad excel. The lack of fluff is why Air is the worst of the KeyAni trilogy.

But I guess some people like the sap and not the fluff, so they can stick to Air and old Kanon and the Toei Clannad movie.
May 23, 2008 9:05 AM

Mar 2005
the toei version was good on its own. kyoani just blows everything away.

anyway, i forgot what episode 9 was in the original...was it shiori?
May 23, 2008 1:12 PM

Jan 2008
OMG... I don't know, how can you react for my post ^^ I'm sorry :3 I have this list from many months, but yesterday it was... Renewal (?) ^^ Im young, silly girl, who cry, when someone from anime was crying... Mai is my favourite character <33 But and I was crying because... I don't know... Because yes TT Sorry for my english, because I'm from Poland, and I'm studying English only 9 years --'
May 25, 2008 6:12 PM
May 2008
Awww episode 9. I found it to be sweet but not terribly teary. I do like Shiori and I liked seeing the issue with her sister resolved.
May 25, 2008 6:39 PM

Mar 2008
Asako said:
The fluff is what made Kanon good, and Clannad excel. The lack of fluff is why Air is the worst of the KeyAni trilogy.

Question. If you don't like sap, then why even bother watching anything from Key? Or any visual novel adaptation for that matter? 90% of these stories ARE sap, they ARE based on ROMANCE stories after all. Comedy is supposed to be an added bonus, not the main attraction. Hence the reason why AIR, ef - a tale of memories and Kimi ga Nozomu Eien have become popular despite having a more serious and less humorous storyline. Anyone who wants to see "fluff" should seriously look elsewhere, this genre isn't really for said people, it's for saps. Like me.
Asako said:
But I guess some people like the sap and not the fluff, so they can stick to Air and old Kanon and the Toei Clannad movie.

Wrong again. I love the sap. But I rate Kanon 2006 higher than Kanon 2002 and I really didn't like the CLANNAD movie at all, the TV series is better. Though I did think the complete lack of Fuuko was a huge improvement. Aside from Fuuko, CLANNAD borrowed way too many elements from previous Key works for me to show any real interest in it. Most notably from Kanon and ONE ~to the radiant season~. CLANNAD is nothing more than a glorified cash grab with reused humor, reused characters and a storyline that doesn't do it's theme justice. Hopefully they'll animate Tomoyo After. That might actually be worth watching.
Mar 26, 2010 7:56 AM

Jan 2010
jesus they managed to make shiori's arc 3 times better in 2006 :O

this...SUCKED in comparation to the remake :)

Shiori's one of my fav characters of all time but sorry,this just sucked

oh well,Makoto's next..AT LAST
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanon Episode 13 Discussion

xel - Jun 7, 2008

28 by patkarunungan »»
Mar 8, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Kanon Episode 12 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2012

7 by patkarunungan »»
Mar 8, 3:16 PM

Poll: » Kanon Episode 11 Discussion

8 by patkarunungan »»
Mar 7, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Kanon Episode 10 Discussion

Dodecahedron-O24 - Oct 31, 2011

14 by patkarunungan »»
Mar 6, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Kanon Episode 9 Discussion

7 by patkarunungan »»
Mar 6, 3:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.