Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 18, 2010 5:23 PM
Jun 2009
Why didn't Yuu meet Yuuko earlier?

Did she only appear on the 9th & 10th year after her death, or did she appear every year since? Why didn't they meet up earlier if the latter is true?

Also, what city is Yuu in?

It seems he went back and forth to Japan and Australia during the 1st and 2nd season. But then I read somewhere that he was originally in Japan, then went to Australia, and only returned to Japan near the end of the 2nd season... ??? (is this why he didn't meet Yuuko earlier? Cuz he was in Australia for 8 years? - that would be hilarious fail)
Jul 21, 2010 12:38 AM

Mar 2010
Perhaps some of that should've been in a spoiler, but I guess since this is an ep 12 question, maybe not. Regardless, I'll answer in a spoiler:

/end spoiler mode.
Anyway a lot of that may have seemed to be repeated within itself, please excuse me as it's 3:30 AM and my head isn't completely here. I hope that helped answer your questions, although I can understand why it was so confusing. There wasn't a ton of concrete "this is Australia this is Japan" going on, so it was a little confusing to me as well. Hopefully you thought that the ef series was as good as I believed it to be, and have fun with the rest of the anime you continue to watch. ;)
Jul 21, 2010 11:19 PM
Jun 2010
Intranetusa said:
Why didn't Yuu meet Yuuko earlier?

Did she only appear on the 9th & 10th year after her death, or did she appear every year since? Why didn't they meet up earlier if the latter is true?

Also, what city is Yuu in?

It seems he went back and forth to Japan and Australia during the 1st and 2nd season. But then I read somewhere that he was originally in Japan, then went to Australia, and only returned to Japan near the end of the 2nd season... ??? (is this why he didn't meet Yuuko earlier? Cuz he was in Australia for 8 years? - that would be hilarious fail)

Yuu is in australia for the entire 1st season (except for the ending where he sees yuuko of course). at the end of the 2nd season, he travels from australia back to japan because the girl with glasses (ugh... forgot her name, it's hiro's sister) tells him that yuuko was sighted there. so L33T's explanation is correct. Oh and, that "hilarious fail" wasnt a fail at all i think. Yuu went to australia to fulfill Yuuko and his own dream, to build a peaceful city. at the end of season 2, yuu is revealed to be an architect and he's the one who designed the twin city in australia ( earlier in the flashbacks, Yuuko mentioned that she would love to experience christmas while it was sunny). so yea, yuu was in australia for good reasons.
Jul 22, 2010 10:40 PM
Jun 2009
So how long was he in Australia?

I'm assuming he left for Aus sometime after Yuuko died right?

Since he's 16, say he left after 2 years of grad school - so he left at the age of 24 (8 years after Yuuko's death).

This is 2-3 years before when he finally meets Yuuko's angel at age 26-27 right?

The other question was - how long was Yuuko in angel form at the church? I'm assuming since Yuu probably left fairly "recently," she was an angel at the church for maybe 2 years max, or less.
Jul 23, 2010 2:29 AM

Mar 2010
It's hard to answer your questions accurately since there's honestly no explanation for them. I also don't know of any manga about ef either, soo... Again, I'll share my opinion in a spoiler.

I'm sorry if this doesn't answer your question and I'm sorry that I couldn't help you out more, but as I said.. nothing is clear cut in this anime, and I'm sure you definitely know that after watching the entire series. I hope you continue to enjoy more excellent anime.

~L33TM4574

EDIT: Also, cakeisthesauce; that girl's name is Nagi.
AmanatsuJul 23, 2010 2:35 AM
Jul 25, 2010 10:03 AM
Jun 2009
I see, but I find it highly unlikely that a country would allow some random 18 year old who hasn't even gone to college to design a city for them.

Even 22 year old college grads won't get that job. I picked 24 since that's at least 2 years of grad-school and that would at least give him a chance to have some real experience at his job...

=(
Jul 26, 2010 2:04 AM

Mar 2010
Honestly, the way you're viewing it from a real-life standpoint totally makes sense. However.. seeing as how the time line in this anime works, it doesn't seem logical, sadly. But as I said, it could be right, it could be wrong, we don't really know. I tend to keep an open mind about most things related to anime since, after all, it IS anime.
Jul 27, 2010 2:37 PM
Jun 2009
Aye, I suppose that is true.

Since it is technically a "Fairy Tale" of the Two, anything is possible...including random high schoolers scoring an awesome job as chief architecture of an entire city... :D
Sep 25, 2010 6:21 AM
Jan 2008
LOL you know when your asian when you start doing the math.

More topics from this board

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

angel999 - Oct 6, 2008

207 by Yagilla »»
May 19, 12:15 AM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Nov 10, 2008

191 by lucio54 »»
Dec 18, 2023 7:40 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

aidouca - Dec 22, 2008

257 by SenpaiMY92 »»
Dec 10, 2023 7:20 AM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 16, 2008

87 by Shocked »»
Nov 30, 2023 5:54 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of melodies Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 8, 2008

196 by Shocked »»
Nov 30, 2023 5:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.