Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2010 3:06 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eww recap. :<
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 28, 2013 2:13 PM
Feb 2010
Wait; last episode, a recap !? Meh.
time for the 2005 one. Well, the OVA before.
Apr 5, 2018 8:52 PM

Jun 2014
This final episode was a recap, through Tsukikage's eyes.

This was an incredible Anime, and definitely among the best Shoujo Anime out there. I'll definitely have to pick up the LP soundtrack sometime.

Sep 13, 2018 1:39 PM

Nov 2011
Weeeellll...
I wonder, why they didn't film the next season at that time. Was it not so popular? It's too short compared to others retro franchise. Anyway, good anime, I highly recommend it to everyone, it's not famous nowadays, but give it a chance.

I adore all seyuus here, and I'm impressed that we can see different plays. Glass no Kamen is more about theater and I love this type of Shoujo.
Sep 20, 2018 1:07 PM
Jan 2011
Really disappointing when the last episode is a recap episode
Mar 30, 2020 9:41 PM

Aug 2016
cheap recap episode, but overall an ok shoujo anime. it had some pretty cool moments, though.
:v
May 18, 2020 9:33 AM
Jul 2018
Really? It's just a recap. I guess I would just add it, despite not actually watching it then.
May 21, 2020 5:15 PM
May 2019
Functioned as a recap, and to be fair, that makes a lot of sense. The story was far from finished and it is still ongoing to this day. We got a glimpse at Maya and how she developed throughout the series. An elegant growth I must say. Anyway, I adored this series and can't wait to check out the remake--even though I have a sort of "bias" for old anime due to their cel animation.
Aug 7, 2020 8:49 PM
May 2011
Aoede said:
Weeeellll...
I wonder, why they didn't film the next season at that time. Was it not so popular? It's too short compared to others retro franchise. Anyway, good anime, I highly recommend it to everyone, it's not famous nowadays, but give it a chance.

I adore all seyuus here, and I'm impressed that we can see different plays. Glass no Kamen is more about theater and I love this type of Shoujo.

It had probably caught up with the manga and for whatever reason they didn't want to continue with original stories. The manga itself is a staple of the genre and they still make dramas, alternate universe anime and ad ties-ins today. They've even produced real versions of plays made up for the manga like Kurenai Tenyo.
Jun 17, 2022 1:27 AM

Oct 2014
Overall, it was really good. Refreshing rivalry that was well done between the girls. Not that garbage were it's pure jealousy and sabotaging the other like a lot of series. Compelling story and we got to see some growth between the characters. I like a lot of the character except Sakurakoji, he irrelevant. And I'm happy a show about acting actually showed us some acting scenes and not skimmed through them. It's well done and I'm curious to see how the 2005 improved on it.
Jul 11, 2022 12:05 PM

Jul 2012
Ending the show with a recap wasn't the brightest idea... I guess the animation team had to fill a TV slot, as usual.

Died_in_Vain said:
Overall, it was really good. Refreshing rivalry that was well done between the girls. Not that garbage were it's pure jealousy and sabotaging the other like a lot of series. Compelling story and we got to see some growth between the characters. I like a lot of the character except Sakurakoji, he irrelevant. And I'm happy a show about acting actually showed us some acting scenes and not skimmed through them. It's well done and I'm curious to see how the 2005 improved on it.

I was also very fond of Ayumi's behavior towards Maya, she always made sure it was a fair competition and it led to great moments ! I'm very curious to see how the manga looks now, and how the story goes after the academy awards.
Jul 11, 2022 3:43 PM

Oct 2014
MemoryCard64 said:
I was also very fond of Ayumi's behavior towards Maya, she always made sure it was a fair competition and it led to great moments ! I'm very curious to see how the manga looks now, and how the story goes after the academy awards.

Their rivalry in the 2005 gets better after the awards arc (with the exception of the final arc). I want to see the manga as well because the final arc in the 2005, imo, didn't deserve that much hype and left many questions unanswered. I've been meaning to pick up the manga but I haven't gotten to it yet.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Glass Mask Episode 18 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jun 22, 2010

2 by CataOrShane »»
Aug 29, 2022 1:22 PM

Poll: » Glass Mask Episode 16 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jun 22, 2010

3 by CataOrShane »»
Aug 29, 2022 12:26 PM

Poll: » Glass Mask Episode 14 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jun 22, 2010

2 by CataOrShane »»
Aug 28, 2022 3:12 PM

Poll: » Glass Mask Episode 9 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jun 21, 2010

4 by CataOrShane »»
Aug 28, 2022 11:39 AM

Poll: » Glass Mask Episode 7 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jun 21, 2010

6 by CataOrShane »»
Aug 28, 2022 10:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.